kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

24 minutes ago, Poultrygeist said:

We've come so far since the GG1 days of "Axl hits you with a chain and blood comes out" instant kills lol.

Funnily enough, that sort of stuff has a bit more weight to it than a bunch of meteors falling down. It's a bit more realistic. Sure, at the end of the day, the story and gameplay segregation is still the same no matter what, but there's a bit more context for what Axl does. I can't imagine someone summoning a bunch of meteors at present and if they did I'd wonder why they're standing in the blast zone. All the magic in the world won't protect you from that. At least I know Axl will be able to live to see another day.

Just now, TekkamanArk said:

So, i'm watching an a-cho recording of BBCF, and there's some good Hibiki stuff, but, in the Hibiki vs Carl matches, I noticed something; Carl no longer says nee-san (except when losing) or Ada, he says Nirvana now. I wonder if that means Ada will be freed as part of the plot, or if Carl just got over it?

Ada and Nirvana aren't the same anymore. Apparently Ada has a mysterious and presumably deadly illness, so Carl took Nirvana to try and find the Azure Grimoire so he could cure her. When Celica, who's memories are the same, finds him and is all like "Oh hey, you've got your sister with you!", Carl snaps and basically says "hOW DARE U COMPARE ADA TO NIRVANA, SCUM".

Anyway, Nirvana runs off bc her memories haven't been affected either, and Carl's words hurt.

That's basically what I've understood.

3 minutes ago, VermilionBird said:

Ada and Nirvana aren't the same anymore. Apparently Ada has a mysterious and presumably deadly illness, so Carl took Nirvana to try and find the Azure Grimoire so he could cure her. When Celica, who's memories are the same, finds him and is all like "Oh hey, you've got your sister with you!", Carl snaps and basically says "hOW DARE U COMPARE ADA TO NIRVANA, SCUM".

Anyway, Nirvana runs off bc her memories haven't been affected either, and Carl's words hurt.

That's basically what I've understood.

When did this happen? I missed something apparently.

EDIT: I mean, didn't Relius say something at the end of BBCP about making Ada right again or something? At what point did she leave Nirvana? Was she never Nirvana? Is this some retcon, or is it something in BBCF story?

Just now, TekkamanArk said:

When did this happen? I missed something apparently.

The cast are inside the Embryo, which isn't like the real world. Many things are different in the Embryo, and I don't fully understand it myself. Basically head over to the Story Discussion to get all the nice information.

So Nine's astra; it's actually pretty similar to her daughter's.  Also, the announcer said "Terumi Loose."  That's not normal, is it.  I could've sworn that it usually only says who won.

13 minutes ago, Narroo said:

So Nine's astra; it's actually pretty similar to her daughter's.  Also, the announcer said "Terumi Loose."  That's not normal, is it.  I could've sworn that it usually only says who won.

If you're playing against a CPU-controlled character, any FG will say "you lose" rather than that the computer won.

6 hours ago, Karsticles said:

Some more Nine:

https://youtu.be/fK2aPi1e-KM

I dunno if this was posted but, based on my own estimation of Terumi's damage I'd say Nine has anywhere between 10,500~11,000 health on her. That's fairly sturdy for a gal who's all about them spells. Of course, this IS the arcade boss version. The playable Nine may not have that much but I don't think ASW has a reason enough to change it. If anything turns out to be broken with her in the player's hands, it'll be her skillset that gets the readjustment and not the health. I think there was only one time a character got a health nerf and that was Hakumen going from CS to CSEx but I also could be wrong...

2 hours ago, Mumm-Ra said:

Where's the nine subforum or at least a thread? Isn't she releasing in like 4 nanoseconds?

She isn't going to be out for another week.

So? We had a Naoto and Hibiki subforum months before the arcade release, and even if they were playable in a loketest, the time period between Boss Nine being revealed and her being playable is short enough to deserve a subforum to post any videos or info available, right now I have to muddle through the thread to find anything.

Several if Nine's attacks seem similar to preesiting moves; for example that "seed" move looks similar to Terumi's drive (2D I think?)

That might just be a coincidence. Quite a few of these moves seem very original. Though, with 20 different spells alone, there is bound to be a similarity or two to someone.

@Mumm-Ra

Well what little you're finding through muddling, I can't imagine it's much worth talking about.  At the moment there's just no way to know how different her playable version will be from her boss form, it would be like having a subforum for Unlimited characters.  Like you said, the wait isn't that long, so I'm sure it will be made as soon as she's released.

On 11/22/2015, 1:11:26, LarsMasters said:
1 hour ago, Poultrygeist said:

@Mumm-Ra

Well what little you're finding through muddling, I can't imagine it's much worth talking about.  At the moment there's just no way to know how different her playable version will be from her boss form, it would be like having a subforum for Unlimited characters.  Like you said, the wait isn't that long, so I'm sure it will be made as soon as she's released.

it says she'll be playable in over December

Is there a firm date?

There hasn't been an announcement for a confirmed release from what I've heard? Anyways, here some clips. One out of the 2 supers; CPU wouldn't do the axe drop kick super. Also, black panties. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

So Nine had her release date revealed (3rd of December).

So here's her specials.

214A (Air OK) - Crimson Raider
214B - Mauvette Roar
214C - Navy Pressure
236D (Air OK) - Sea-moss Gate
214D (Air OK) - Flax Nurture

Supers:

236236A - Flame Punisher
236236B - Cardinal Nova
236236C - Azurite Inferno

Noticing a pattern, first word is a colour and the button determines which one: A = Red, B = Purple, C = Blue and D = Green. I can't read all the sorcery names, though it looks like she has a total of 20 spells (19 from combinations and a 20th for when she has nothing). Overdrive is "BurningRed" (yes, that one, the Crimson Grimoire from Remix Heart), it makes so she can get magic from A/B/C attacks on whiff in addition to the normal on hit or block.

https://twitter.com/GAO_Kitasenju/status/669789502458605568

Well, I'm glad they decided to just give her quarter circle motions since they're a lot easier for me to do than zigzag and half circle take backs. Perhaps this was to offset the spell combinations that you need to remember.