kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

2 minutes ago, Luminos564 said:

So I've noticed that in some of Nine's videos, she sometimes gets a coloured aura around her. I saw a red and a green one and I presume she has a blue one that correlates to her elements. But has there been an explanation as to why she gets it and/or what purpose does it serve?

The very first leak said she has a buff that changes with her elements, but I'm still not sure what its effects are.

The aura is from Flax Nurture. She spends the magic in the active slot to "wear its corresponding attribute" for a self-buff, making magic of that attribute have higher attack power. So basically, red aura = better fire magic, green aura = better wind magic and blue aura = better water magic?

13 minutes ago, SoWL said:

The very first leak said she has a buff that changes with her elements, but I'm still not sure what its effects are.

4 minutes ago, Tokkan said:

The aura is from Flax Nurture. She spends the magic in the active slot to "wear its corresponding attribute" for a self-buff, making magic of that attribute have higher attack power. So basically, red aura = better fire magic, green aura = better wind magic and blue aura = better water magic?

Much obliged to the both of you.

But man, with Nine it seems like ASW really went all out to give her as much options/creative freedom at the cost of making her a bit overwhelming for newcomers. I'm not saying people won't be able to pick her up but just from what I've read and seen, it appears she's the sort of character where you constantly need to work off of what you got at the ready. I very much look forward to her release and seeing what people come up with.

Different people love different kinds of complexity. Personally, I have already memorized her spell list from watching gameplay, and I am used to keeping track of spell charges from maiming Dormammu. Nine is right up my alley, and actually seems simpler than the rest of the cast to me.

26 minutes ago, BlackYakuzu94 said:

At the very least, they made her inputs easy to do.

That they did. 236s and 214s all around. Though in my personal experience, I've only ever had trouble pulling off 623 and charge motions. The latter always confused the hell out of me because I never understood when to release the charge or how to charge during an attack. Ironically, the motions I always enjoy pulling off are the 63214 and 41236 motions. Go figure (:/).

13 minutes ago, Calamitus said:

I'm not sure how many players will want to relearn such a complex character after every update.

That's a good point. If they do make changes to Nine they'd have to be pretty minor. She seems built like a house of cards. A misplaced property change and she could collapse.

Then again, balancing is a learning process and there is no way to predict what will happen once changes are done. I just don't want a repeat of CS Extend Makoto (or CS Rachel). That is never fun even if I play neither character.

There's still a lot of space in that character select :v:

Btw, the gameplay we have seen is Nine as a boss character, is she in her unlimited form there?

15 minutes ago, Ragnarok_F4 said:

There's still a lot of space in that character select :v:

Btw, the gameplay we have seen is Nine as a boss character, is she in her unlimited form there?

I don't think so... that's just her being WAY too flashy! XD
Though, if it was her Unlimited form (unlikely), I'd be very sad.

There's usually some sort of indication when a character is in their Unlimited form, so it's very doubtful. Nine's probably got the same final arcade boss buffs that characters got in CP, stronger than their regular counterparts but nowhere near the levels of cheese Unlimited forms bring to the table.

4 hours ago, Karsticles said:

Edit: Also, a few times she attacks with some spell-like black sword surrounded by a red aura.  Not sure what that is.

That's Shawl, it's the spell she uses when the Active Slot is empty.

1 hour ago, Tokkan said:

That's Shawl, it's the spell she uses when the Active Slot is empty.

Ah, that makes a lot of sense! Do we know what it does? I have never seen it hit. Always whiffs.

I managed to beat some Tager player and am happy with myself, because I lost so badly last week that I felt like I'd never win again. Proof (that nobody asked for)! I put a sombrero over a guy playing SF4 to protect his integrity.

IMG_20151128_163048034_zpsgz3lc3ee.jpg

I've enjoyed everyone I've tried out this time around. It's such a shame knowing in a year everything will get rebalanced again. I almost hope Nine isn't fun for that reason. Also, Tager needs to stop tanking everything I throw at him. Makes fighting him super stressful.

On 11/26/2015, 5:53:49, TagerTime said:

She is definitely the most beautiful looking character in the game.

It's Noel after all, you can't undo the flatness lol.

On 11/27/2015, 10:21:57, Master Of Chaos said:

There's usually some sort of indication when a character is in their Unlimited form, so it's very doubtful. Nine's probably got the same final arcade boss buffs that characters got in CP, stronger than their regular counterparts but nowhere near the levels of cheese Unlimited forms bring to the table.

But didn't final boss unlimited characters (like Hazama in CS) not have the unlimited visual quirks?  I don't remember.

Just now, Poultrygeist said:

But didn't final boss unlimited characters (like Hazama in CS) not have the unlimited visual quirks?  I don't remember.

They did, their names glowed purple to indicate they were in unlimited form.

On 11/26/2015, 9:14:55, kosmos badgirl said:

I'm so glad you liked the command list  :lol:

It looks like it consists of only two commands.

20 hours ago, Poultrygeist said:

Honestly, at some point flatness becomes attractive compared to flat out deformity.  Completely unnatural command lists like that freak me out; it's like looking at a shoto that's missing his DP.

3 hours ago, Narroo said:

flat out deformity

That's the exact condition Noel suffers from.

On 11/28/2015, 7:04:28, Poultrygeist said:

Not unless shes drawn properly!

20110131123548189.jpg