kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

5 hours ago, BlackYakuzu94 said:

So what would you guys change about the series and why?

Roster wise: Jubei. Popular character, and now the very last of the Six Heroes to be playable, if he ever is at all. Been waiting for him and him alone since the first game, and while it's nice to have distraction like Makoto, Azrael, and Hibiki, they'd all get dropped like a bad habit for Jubei.

Gameplay wise: I don't have too many complaints about the gameplay, except both Extends suck. Everyone feels super weak in Extends.

Story wise: It was fine when it was just the games, but all the novels and other things like XBlaze just make it a convoluted mess now.

I'd like it to have the same feel of Calamity Trigger without being broken.  Everyone in Calamity Trigger felt completely unique, like they were from completely different games.  Everyone feels a bit samey now.

Of course, this means Tsubaki's drive would actually do something.

Also, I'd like to streamline the story a bit too.  No more visual novels.

Every fighting game on the planet should have a two-button dash. Makes footsies so much more fluid. If you have played Marvel or Skullgirls, you know it to be true.

1 hour ago, Karsticles said:

Every fighting game on the planet should have a two-button dash. Makes footsies so much more fluid. If you have played Marvel or Skullgirls, you know it to be true.

Melty Blood has them too, but personally I don't like them, too much input mistakes.

3 hours ago, heavymetalmixer said:

Melty Blood has them too, but personally I don't like them, too much input mistakes.

And that's cool.  I don't want people to be forced to use them, I just want the option. 

6 hours ago, skd said:

I'll steer it away, heres a relevant topic of discussion

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snva1u

Questions??! Can you dig it???

I really think EA emphasizes the importance of OD, specifically GCOD. 

Things like Active Flow/Exceed Accel/GCOD are really important to characters who have a good overdrive and lack defensive options and is a game-changer for them more-so than characters with average OD's and/or available DPs. 

Question, what characters do you reckon it'll be really important for? Also, how useful do you think it'd be for a character like Terumi?
I'm guessing Hakumen, Relius, Arakune are probably the ones who make use of EA/AF/OD the most in CF.

(Edited:I double posted because fuck my Internet so I'll just edit this)

The whole GCOD/AF/EA cycle really makes people consider whether they want to burst or not...I think the only time worth bursting is if you're about to die in the last round due to all these changes, really. 

Then again, I haven't had my hands on the game.

Edited by Monochrome Magpie
Double Posted

Arakune has unique use for EA, since his OD activates curse as long as there's any amount if curse built he had the tools to make his EA safe on whiff and even make a blockstring out of it. Some characters might be able to DP through it though.

Also with a lower curse gauge and higher OD it may be better to not EA so you can re-curse easier in OD.

I imagine Bullet would also find it useful since she gains a Heat level just by entering OD. Tsubaki/Izayoi/Amane/Hakumen may be tempted to stay in OD longer to get the benefits of the OD instead.

I could see Bang making pretty good use of OD wake-up mixups, especially if he has bumpers or seals up. FRKZ dash/EA/nail dash/Drive options.

1 hour ago, Skye said:

Arakune has unique use for EA, since his OD activates curse as long as there's any amount if curse built he had the tools to make his EA safe on whiff and even make a blockstring out of it. Some characters might be able to DP through it though.

Also with a lower curse gauge and higher OD it may be better to not EA so you can re-curse easier in OD.

Similarly Rel's EA is useful for getting a crapton of Ignis back. All that extra time in OD while Ignis ain't being used, Vinum is quick to come out and Tedo and Bios use Ignis nullifying her regen, so we could never take advantage of those ones this way. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) our EA places us a good 1/4th of a screen away. I don't know what our optimal situation out of oki is yet, but it looks like a lot of folks are going for Tus/Kasu mix-up and this distance might be good for that... needs more research.

3 hours ago, Monochrome Magpie said:

(Edited:I double posted because fuck my Internet so I'll just edit this)

The whole GCOD/AF/EA cycle really makes people consider whether they want to burst or not...I think the only time worth bursting is if you're about to die in the last round due to all these changes, really. 

Then again, I haven't had my hands on the game.

Ehh, I really don't think that's the case. Plenty of characters benefit more from the new and improved get off me button than they do from being in an OD state. Nu, for example, Who's OD offers no passive benefits and primarily is only used for round-winning combos while burst lets you reset neutral and throws the momentum back into your favor. Lambda is a slightly less drastic case of this because her OD boosts her zoning game really hard and Lambda is a little more comfortable having someone up in her grill, but in certain MUs I know there's a few people who I'd want to knock away pretty quickly. 

Amane definitely reaps some big benefits from the more frequently available burst system, but that's not because of a more readily available drill meter gains, it's because he has the option to use OD for the meter gain then get it back for the burst because amane's defensive options are still garbo. Even then, it's still too soon to say if the OD combo into EA is going to become the hot new thing for him because we still don't have a firm grasp on how good his drill gains are going to end up once everything's all said and done. Connecting 6D looks like it's going to be easier than ever this version, and we already know that he has a drill loop in the corner thanks to based ginga, that I've seen almost completely fill up a level of his drill meter. Time will tell, but Burst will always be good on someone with such limited defensive options. There's a lot more give and take to potentially consider in his case though.

I'm even beginning to think Rachel might take a pass on OD at times since they buffed her wind regen really hard and made tempest dahlia give her like, full wind even in air or something ridiculous like that. Granted I don't play Rachel, so I'm not as certain on that one.

Plus sometimes you just really need to get the hell out of the corner, especially against corner pressure nightmares like valk and izayoi, and burst is a lot more reliable for that purpose.

17 hours ago, oh no, he said said:

Ehh, I really don't think that's the case. Plenty of characters benefit more from the new and improved get off me button than they do from being in an OD state. Nu, for example, Who's OD offers no passive benefits and primarily is only used for round-winning combos while burst lets you reset neutral and throws the momentum back into your favor. Lambda is a slightly less drastic case of this because her OD boosts her zoning game really hard and Lambda is a little more comfortable having someone up in her grill, but in certain MUs I know there's a few people who I'd want to knock away pretty quickly. 

Amane definitely reaps some big benefits from the more frequently available burst system, but that's not because of a more readily available drill meter gains, it's because he has the option to use OD for the meter gain then get it back for the burst because amane's defensive options are still garbo. Even then, it's still too soon to say if the OD combo into EA is going to become the hot new thing for him because we still don't have a firm grasp on how good his drill gains are going to end up once everything's all said and done. Connecting 6D looks like it's going to be easier than ever this version, and we already know that he has a drill loop in the corner thanks to based ginga, that I've seen almost completely fill up a level of his drill meter. Time will tell, but Burst will always be good on someone with such limited defensive options. There's a lot more give and take to potentially consider in his case though.

I'm even beginning to think Rachel might take a pass on OD at times since they buffed her wind regen really hard and made tempest dahlia give her like, full wind even in air or something ridiculous like that. Granted I don't play Rachel, so I'm not as certain on that one.

Plus sometimes you just really need to get the hell out of the corner, especially against corner pressure nightmares like valk and izayoi, and burst is a lot more reliable for that purpose.

Well, what I meant was.

The get off-me-button requires you to be in OD anyways. ^.^ 

Also, yeah...sometimes you just gotta burst since it's a safer route.

2 hours ago, SoWL said:

Lots of Nine info from Famitsu:

http://www.famitsu.com/matome/bbcf/nine.html

Man, her animations are so wonderful.

So she's very similar to Platinum, right down to buffering herself with another move to do so.

So I can guess how good she is is entirely dependent on what spells she has out. She also seems to have reverse beats unlike the rest of the cast. I guess she kind of needs it considering how her spells work.

You can Gatling in reverse, so instead of just A>B>C you can do A>B>A.

Think of it like Cresecent and Half Moon styles from Melty Blood or UNiEL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the video on that page she also does 5B >5B during a combo. I don't think anyone can do two identical 5Bs like that.

Another thing is her jabs...2A has ridiculous reach. I wonder how fast it is. She also got 4k off a 2A starter iirc.

1 hour ago, heavymetalmixer said:

Another Margareth, good, more suffering.

hopefully she will be more interesting to play than margaret

Her normal ranges are ridiculously long. And she has a 4A. Who has a 4A?