kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

I am like kreygasming the whole fucking day.

Scumbag Mori. Wanted to hype myself up for Nine and then he gives me this.
Now I can´t even savor this shit!

Keep in mind that we're merely speculating here. It could be Saya, it could be Torakaka, no one know for sure... yet. (it better be Saya goddammit). 

This better be her!

But honestly, unless Mori is not hardcore trolling us right now, it´s kind of hard to see anything else than one of the two Saya or maybe a Raquel if you really insist.

Though there is the question of what the hell is wrong with her feet? ?

It looks like she's wearing some weird platform shoes to me lol.

I'm gonna go with the theory that someone mentioned earlier and assume that she has 2 different outfits: pre-battle (her current Imperator outfit) and a battle outfit (the one from the silhouette). Assuming that it's her of course. 

I haven't been this hyped for a BB game since CSE lol.

The question I'm having right now is, if this is Saya, then who the hell is going to be the boss of act 3? Unless they split Saya and Izanami into two separate beings, I guess only Amaterasu would be a good enough last boss.

Well I could only guess that we either get a Terumi shinanigan or wouldn´t something along Es be possible?
There would also be the possibility of berserk Ragna or even Alpha.

58 minutes ago, SoWL said:

The question I'm having right now is, if this is Saya, then who the hell is going to be the boss of act 3? Unless they split Saya and Izanami into two separate beings, I guess only Amaterasu would be a good enough last boss.

Most likely said character's rival or whatever you want to call them, maybe a silhouette will show at the end of it to hype up for console release and the character will be playable in the console version, then the console story shall tell the rest

4 hours ago, Juraya said:

This better be her!

But honestly, unless Mori is not hardcore trolling us right now, it´s kind of hard to see anything else than one of the two Saya or maybe a Raquel if you really insist.

Though there is the question of what the hell is wrong with her feet? ?

I mean, look at Izayoi's feet.

It's prolly Saya... I mean in the trailer Ragna's addressing Saya at that part and Saya talks back too. Plus story wise everyone is going after Saya...

I didn't really consider Mai because she usually keeps her hair in a ponytail, and the shadow clearly has her (?) hair down.  Then again I guess nothing is really stopping Mai from letting her hair down in battle even though I don't think she's done it before.

3 hours ago, Poultrygeist said:

I didn't really consider Mai because she usually keeps her hair in a ponytail, and the shadow clearly has her (?) hair down.

Ha, that's funny. I think that shadow looks like Saya/Izanami's hair... who has a ponytail. Granted Saya/Izanami's ponytail is so freaking big you would think she had her hair down if you couldn't see her head.

BTW, this discussion should probably stop here. It's not gameplay discussion.

Do we have more detailed information about how to exactly trigger Active Flow? The official website has these bits:

アクティブと判断される主な行動

・攻撃をヒットさせる

・ヒートゲージを使用する

・相手の中段攻撃をガードする

etc

Those points translate to:

- Landing hits
 - Using Heat Gauge
 - Blocking enemy overheads

However, we still don't know the exact means of achieving Active Flow. Which is why EA is such a big deal.

I always thought of AF as being given to whoever has the "momentum" in the match.  Based on the points you listed, that seems to make sense.  So pretty much if you're putting up a solid defense and not getting opened up, or if you're opening them up successfully, then you should get AF right?  Hopefully the inevitable tutorial mode for console expands upon AF to clear things up.

25 minutes ago, Poultrygeist said:

I always thought of AF as being given to whoever has the "momentum" in the match.  Based on the points you listed, that seems to make sense.  So pretty much if you're putting up a solid defense and not getting opened up, or if you're opening them up successfully, then you should get AF right?  Hopefully the inevitable tutorial mode for console expands upon AF to clear things up.

Blocking overheads is more of a disruption to the opponents momentum though.  It'll be interesting to see the specifics.

If I'm not mistaken, you get "AF" points whenever the "Attention!" message pops up. Other than what was mentioned above, I've seen it appear when successfully landing or rejecting throws. I guess we'll just need to pay attention to matches and see what triggers the "Attention!" message. 

51 minutes ago, Moy_X7 said:

If I'm not mistaken, you get "AF" points whenever the "Attention!" message pops up. Other than what was mentioned above, I've seen it appear when successfully landing or rejecting throws. I guess we'll just need to pay attention to matches and see what triggers the "Attention!" message. 

No, that's completely not how it works.

I just watched a bit of a match, and each player got "Attention!" exactly ONCE before Active Flow activated.  If anything, "Attention!" seems to be more like "You're almost in Active Flow!" not "Hey, you just made some sort of progress towards AF".

What's more, in the match in question, Hakumen got "Attention!" by...airdashing.  While Tsubaki got it mid-combo.

Whatever is going on here, it's complicated, and "Attention!" is definitely NOT some kind of "You got an Active Flow Point!" indicator.

Yeah, I just saw a Nine player get the "Attention!" message just by doing a combo, so your theory is most likely correct. Invisible values 2gud. 

What's more, it seems weird what gives you bonuses.  The next round I watched, both characters got "Attention!" for doing a combo (not like, for landing the first hit, but for some random hit in the middle) and Hakumen got Active Flow by teching a throw while Tsubaki got it for... making Hakumen block an air normal?

I'm starting to wonder what DOESN'T give AF points. :P  Getting hit, I guess.

Just now, Airk said:

What's more, it seems weird what gives you bonuses.  The next round I watched, both characters got "Attention!" for doing a combo (not like, for landing the first hit, but for some random hit in the middle) and Hakumen got Active Flow by teching a throw while Tsubaki got it for... making Hakumen block an air normal?

I'm starting to wonder what DOESN'T give AF points. :P  Getting hit, I guess.

And blocking.

Just now, heavymetalmixer said:

And blocking.

Unless it's an overhead? :P