kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

22 hours ago, Poultrygeist said:
On 1/16/2016 at 7:10 AM, Juraya said:

99dc8c958c.jpg

Well regarding gameplay I´d rather say we can expect anything. Don´t forget that in the teaser she seems to have some kind of battle form, so we can´t really debate on anything, can we?

I'm a bit worried because I like her traditional royal Japanese thing so much.  What are they gonna do with her?

Weren't we thinking that was Amaterasu?

Eitherway, those are some strange legs if you look at them closely.  They look like horse legs.  Also, I get a bit of a Rachel vibe from her.  We'll see.

22 hours ago, Poultrygeist said:
On 1/16/2016 at 7:10 AM, Juraya said:

99dc8c958c.jpg

Well regarding gameplay I´d rather say we can expect anything. Don´t forget that in the teaser she seems to have some kind of battle form, so we can´t really debate on anything, can we?

I'm a bit worried because I like her traditional royal Japanese thing so much.  What are they gonna do with her?

Weren't we thinking that was Amaterasu?

Eitherway, those are some strange legs if you look at them closely.  They look like horse legs.  Also, I get a bit of a Rachel vibe from her.  We'll see.

6 hours ago, Poultrygeist said:

Didn't even think about scythes, that's brilliant.  Maybe she can have some kind of chuuni motif around the number 4 too.  Bring on the edge.

Maybe she can have something that charges up to 4 levels dish out a lot of damage

6 hours ago, Poultrygeist said:

Didn't even think about scythes, that's brilliant.  Maybe she can have some kind of chuuni motif around the number 4 too.  Bring on the edge.

Definitely the best design for her. Joke's on Ragna for using Blood-Scythe like a sword, no wonder he gets rekt that often.

On a more serious note, what is that circly thing that has a fist-like thing on the edge behind her and where are you people seeing loose pants on that picture?? 

She doesn't even have her left foot!

7 hours ago, Volt said:

Definitely the best design for her. Joke's on Ragna for using Blood-Scythe like a sword, no wonder he gets rekt that often.

That's because he hasn't been gender-bent into Alpha-01 yet and she uses two of them according to concept art :v:.

But eh, I'm not really digging the scythe idea for Mystery Character X. I dunno, for some reason a scythe wielder feels a little too cliche even for a franchise that thrives in being a collection of every modern anime and game trope known to man. This being said however, I'd rather see the character in action first before I make that call.

7 hours ago, Volt said:

On a more serious note, what is that circly thing that has a fist-like thing on the edge behind her and where are you people seeing loose pants on that picture?? 

She doesn't even have her left foot!

We don't know, but if I had to wager a guess; rather than it being a fist, it might be a series of smaller rings/bells to add to the potential "royal/ruler" image. A good number of Eastern depictions of royalty have them adorned with varying trinkets and the like, including on weaponry.

As for her left foot, she does have it. It's just that the letter "S" is blocking it a bit and since her left foot is pointed towards the background, it looks smaller in comparison.

On 17/01/2016 at 9:52 PM, Luminos564 said:

That's because he hasn't been gender-bent into Alpha-01 yet and she uses two of them according to concept art :v:.

But eh, I'm not really digging the scythe idea for Mystery Character X. I dunno, for some reason a scythe wielder feels a little too cliche even for a franchise that thrives in being a collection of every modern anime and game trope known to man. This being said however, I'd rather see the character in action first before I make that call.

We don't know, but if I had to wager a guess; rather than it being a fist, it might be a series of smaller rings/bells to add to the potential "royal/ruler" image. A good number of Eastern depictions of royalty have them adorned with varying trinkets and the like, including on weaponry.

As for her left foot, she does have it. It's just that the letter "S" is blocking it a bit and since her left foot is pointed towards the background, it looks smaller in comparison.

The bling idea makes sense. It would be funny to see her packing something that could be described as a Mr.T chain weaponized though.

You're right about the foot, odd angles on dark images make things wonky. On the other hand, pants confrmed! :toot:

On a less derailing note, this is pretty much a new patch, possibly with a new character. Shouldn't that mean balance changes and loketests? (and new intros/voices) Don't get me wrong, I'd rather wait the PC/Console release for balance changes so people can actually develop tech or the characters, but new characters with no testing tend to come out unbalanced. Did Nine had a loketest? I really can't remember.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201601/19097479.html

Izanami confirmed playable. Drive is called "Exodus Arc", appears to be a stance switching drive. Also appears to have some special mechanic involving the floating wheel behind her. According to Ho-chan/Stunedge, the special mechanic is a float, which she has in place of being able jump. We have a character who can't jump. 

Overdrive appears to be called "Arc Fall" if I'm reading the katakana right (it also has a kanji name but I can't read it), I don't know what it does. Need full article.

Interesting how she's the only character with kanji in her name. We do have the official translation of it, Hades, but don't be surprised when people call her Meiou Izanami, especially in Japanese videos.

Her design is looking good, though stance switch characters are getting old. At least her DD is looking very flashy.

From what I can make out in the picture Jin has a new sword entirely. I guess they didn't just botch drawing Yukianesa. Order Jin confirmed?

2 minutes ago, Calamitus said:

I bet that "instant main" bandwagoners will drop her after the next character announcement. :roboky:

To be fair, this character looks pretty balls. I mean, a character that can't jump so instead she floats? Say what you will about ASW but when they want to make a character stand out from the mold, they go all the way. You can't exactly fault people from being excited enough to at least try her out.

On the subject of this, I like it. Especially that portrait stance but don't ask me why. Now let's see how she plays because I'm pretty excited.

9 minutes ago, Luminos564 said:

To be fair, this character looks pretty balls. I mean, a character that can't jump so instead she floats? Say what you will about ASW but when they want to make a character stand out from the mold, they go all the way. You can't exactly fault people from being excited enough to at least try her out.

Can you really say they are breaking all the way from a single description of a single aspect of her? People thought Nine with her 20+ spells and no Drive was going to be this wild shit, but she still pretty much plays like a BB character who uses like six of those spells. I mean, yeah, Izanami could be some crazy Magneto entity, or maybe she's fucking Tails the Fox and can just fly wherever she wants for three seconds, or she could not be. There's not really a lot there to get excited about yet.

59 minutes ago, Calamitus said:

I bet that "instant main" bandwagoners will drop her after the next character announcement. :roboky:

I will never main anyone but Relius.  You don't even know about that loyalty son.  I've been on that train since CSE dropped.

52 minutes ago, Luminos564 said:

On the subject of this, I like it. Especially that portrait stance but don't ask me why. Now let's see how she plays because I'm pretty excited.

I'd like to introduce you to a friend of mine.  http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/marvelvscapcom/images/e/ec/MODOK_MvsC3-FTW.PNG/revision/latest?cb=20101012005742

1 hour ago, Chaoschao222 said:

I mean, yeah, Izanami could be some crazy Magneto entity, or maybe she's fucking Tails the Fox and can just fly wherever she wants for three seconds, or she could not be. There's not really a lot there to get excited about yet.

I respectfully disagree. New characters are always exciting news,  at least to me. We currently only only know Izanami can float but every other aspect is a mystery. Hence my general excitement to see it.

But yeah I went a little too far with my phrasing before.

35 minutes ago, Poultrygeist said:

Tell your friend he has a portable toilet fused to his face and that I know a good surgeon that can help him. Goes by the name of "Hulk".