kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

It really doesnt look like Yukianesa, but cmon look at this low res stuff

bkdWtUZ.jpg

The inner color of the sleeve is also red, when it should be blue. Order Jin confirmed. Might just be another design inconsistency though.

The angle also doesn't really help... Would be weird for them to redo all of Jin's sprites though, so I think it's Yukianesa.

2 hours ago, Poultrygeist said:

Where the bones at?  Where the zombies and ghosts and the shit that makes her the goddess of death?  Mori pls :(

I'm glad she didn't go that route. If her name translates to death and whatnot, her having the ability to summon zombies and stuff sounds like a stereotype. It'd be basically like saying "Let's watch Death summon things so we know she's Death and not someone else." Gotta spice things up from time to time.

7 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

It may sound wrong, but I think we gonna have only 3 more characters after Izanami, due to the space in the character select screen design.

That's fine too. One is probably Ragna all blitz out on his dark powers, one being Jubei hopefully, and then the third being perhaps Amaterasu Unit or Raquel.

24 minutes ago, AchedSphinx said:

I'm glad she didn't go that route. If her name translates to death and whatnot, her having the ability to summon zombies and stuff sounds like a stereotype. It'd be basically like saying "Let's watch Death summon things so we know she's Death and not someone else." Gotta spice things up from time to time.

I don't consider flooding the screen with projectiles "fresh" compared to raising the dead but whatever works for you works for you.  If she wants to fly around the screen and pew pew I'll just have to smack her out the air with 4D and work from there.

8 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

That's fine too. One is probably Ragna all blitz out on his dark powers, one being Jubei hopefully, and then the third being perhaps Amaterasu Unit or Raquel.

Plus it gonna achieve around the same number of Characters each game introduced:

CSE: 7 (8 if you count Lambchop)

CPE: 9 (8 if you didn't count Lambchop)

CF: 7 (Naoto, Hibiki, Nine, Izanami and more 3)

Well, Jubei is one who seems to enter there and the act 3 boss too, somehow, I don't think it will be Ragna busted out with darkness, lefting us with one free slot, who really could be Raquel since the theory about Naoto being there only because of her order to retrieve the Azure.

1 hour ago, Mumm-Ra said:

Linhua

Bang's Subordinate B

Jubei's Brother

If one of those three turns out to be the bad guy above Izanami, it'll be like that joke ending in Silent Hill. I could see it now, Linhua sitting behind a computer screen controlling everything, and Ragna walks in and drops to his knees in defeat.

1 minute ago, pokemonblaze234 said:

So ehhhh... have people learned that not every new character is broken........?

Pfft. Of course they are, people just haven't figured how to break the game with them yet. Kappa

1 hour ago, pokemonblaze234 said:

So ehhhh... have people learned that not every new character is broken........?

I'd like to think that even "THIS CHARACTER LOOKS OP BASED ON NOTHING BUT A PROMOTIONAL TRAILER NERF NERF" crowd are at least wise enough to not go nuts off text descriptions.

17 minutes ago, Cael said:

Found this.

5decaIL.jpg

Definitely a magazine scan (Image folds near the border), full page should come soon. Nice find.

12 hours ago, Tokkan said:

http://jbbs.shitaraba.net/bbs/read.cgi/game/45148/1453198153/26

Real leak: the float is not instead of her jump. It's only instead of her double jump. While floating she can do ground attacks, specials and even dash while in air, but she she cannot jump for the duration of it.

Drive is Sharin/Exodus Arc. It activates her Special Unit "Yasakani no Magatama". While active she can shoot projectiles with Direction+D but she cannot block. It also gives a complete change in abilities from her normal mode.

Special Move: Mujuu no Tate. Creates a barrier. While in Yasakani no Magatama mode this will drain her barrier meter but give her invincibility to strike attacks.

Overdrive: Zekkai/Arc Force. Gives full access to the abilities of both modes at the same time, can block while active.

Distortion Drive: Jindou no Koku. Stops time.

Sounds like Reimu from Project touhou.  It'll be great if she actually plays like a character from this game:

Hey, it would be one way to make a unique character again.

2 minutes ago, Narroo said:

Sounds like Reimu from Project touhou.  It'll be great if she actually plays like a character from this game:

reimu has a double jump, everybody in that game as an 8 way fly which is probably not what izanami's float is gonna be like. projectile spam is a staple in soku.

if you really did want to draw a tenuous link to soku then at least sakuya has time stop as well

2 hours ago, Narroo said:

Running out of ideas from other fighting games, Arcsys decided to traverse the realm of doujin kusoges for inspiration.

I can only picture Izanami's movements being something akin to the way that some of the characters "float around" in Daemon Bride for some reason. I can picture her projectiles sharing similar qualities with the said game as well, as it seems to accentuate floating the best.

13 hours ago, Mumm-Ra said:

Linhua

Bang's Subordinate B

Jubei's Brother

Don't forget the waitress in Calamity Trigger shes out for revenge on Ragna for not paying his bill.