kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

10 hours ago, Vulcan422 said:

Running out of ideas from other fighting games, Arcsys decided to traverse the realm of doujin kusoges for inspiration.

You're a doujin kusoge.

But really, the whole "Flying around and shooting stuff" does remind me of the shmup genre, even if it doesn't have to be Touhou, specifically. Nothing wrong about taking inspiration from new sources, as long as the result doesn't have any glaring issues.

EDIT: So, who wanted some skulls?

Edited by SoWL

57 minutes ago, Calamitus said:

l_569f34750fe62.jpg

Finally a bigger image of her character select artwork. At first I was unsure because of the low resolution of the last scan but her pose seems really to be a little reference to Nataraja, a depiction of Shiva, which is the Hindu God of destruction and recreation.

Spoiler

1-brass-shiva-nataraja.jpg

And beside that, her Overdrive summons 12 skeletonized arms. Some depictions of Shiva have up to twelve arms too.

Spoiler

Eingebetteter Bild-Link

Edited by Danaiden
Switched video with picture

She looks neat! Does the article say anything new? The float thing is more interesting than her drive actually, does her attacks properties change while floating? Like making all of them overhead? Questions questions :3 . I'm hoping one new character for Act 3 in arcades before consoles, then 3 or 4 more for consoles + Extend.

Those were some interesting combos she did on Jin, you can kind of see how her floating mechanic will play a part in her combos from that: too bad we didn't get to see her projectiles though.

Dem combos. Izanami confirmed for curleh mustache.

Also that theme might be the best boss theme in the series.

Can't wait for 28, this is going to be hype.

Edit: In other news Yukianesa confirmed, sorry, no redrawn sprites for us.

5 hours ago, BlackYakuzu94 said:

She looks a lot more offensive orientated than I thought she'd be.

This. The lass moves with great poise and dramatic flair, but her game is very, very brutal...at least visually. I must profess my general admiration of this trailer. Obviously, until she hits the arcades and people start doing the lab work with her we won't know her actual effectiveness. However for me, this character is just a feast for the eyes to see in motion. You can see that a lot of attention to detail went into making her sprites, even on a youtube quality video.

Hopefully she isn't so technical that an amateur like me cannot hope to play her well. I've wanted to at least sub a character in BBCF but none save for Azrael have remained on my radar, even Nine. Izanami's got my attention though so here's to heavy anticipation for the 28th.

Gotta second all the praise for her looks: I was impressed by Nine, but Izanami beats her easily. If I were a man who mains characters for a single move, I would main her for that facegrab super alone.

The act 3 boss has great expectations to meet now.

2 hours ago, Dazardz said:

That Exceed Accel was beautiful.

Fuckin' brutal too!!!!! :3

12 minutes ago, LeonD said:

Fuckin' brutal too!!!!! :3

We've gone over this: just because you're stuck in the body of a cute young lady, that does not mean you cannot hit with enough force to level mountains :cool:.

I wonder how they'll implement her time-stopping DD though. My only experience with such moves was from the JoJo fighting game from eons ago and always on the receiving end of it. It also wasn't the easiest thing to use as I recall, requiring a maxed out gauge to make the most of it. Time will tell I guess since this isn't the first time ASW introduced moves that nobody actually uses. Anyone else remember that Celica has a DD move that recovers health in large amounts? Good. Me neither :v:.

1 minute ago, Luminos564 said:

We've gone over this: just because you're stuck in the body of a cute young lady, that does not mean you cannot hit with enough force to level mountains :cool:.

I wonder how they'll implement her time-stopping DD though. My only experience with such moves was from the JoJo fighting game from eons ago and always on the receiving end of it. It also wasn't the easiest thing to use as I recall, requiring a maxed out gauge to make the most of it. Time will tell I guess since this isn't the first time ASW introduced moves that nobody actually uses. Anyone else remember that Celica has a move that recovers health? Good. Me neither :v:.

That shit, in my point of view, is so insane, I literally cannot even~

49 minutes ago, SoWL said:

If I were a man who mains characters for a single move, I would main her for that facegrab super alone.

The act 3 boss has great expectations to meet now.

Haha, I understand how you feel somewhat. I mained Mitsuru in Persona 4 Arena because I liked how her 5A sounded on block and how her 5C sounded on hit. Izanami is flashy for sure. Which is amazing considering how flashy Nine is. I didn't think she could be topped. I'm expecting Bayonetta levels of spectacle for Act 3 boss now.

18 minutes ago, Luminos564 said:

I wonder how they'll implement her time-stopping DD though.

I imagine it might be like that Time Arcana super in Arcana Heart 3. You do the super to stop time and then you mash as many buttons as possible while the opponent is stuck in hit stun.