kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

Just now, xLittleLucifer said:

Hm why does her Float turn red tho? It that like a warning that it's about to run out or something?

Apparently, yeah.

3 minutes ago, Tokkan said:

I'm sorry, the kana on that command list is tiny and "ha" and "ho" look similar in hiragana..

Oh No, No Np, It's ok lol at least you can speak it & Trasnlate it. I sadly don't understand anything xD

So for notation I'm thinking of abbreviating float like we do with abbreviating jump. Stuff like 6A 5B and 3C would become f.6A f.5B and f.3C.

Simple enough?

1 minute ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Welp, that red float is as good as timed-bar for duration

Like if it starts to turn red In the middle & Then spreads out to as time passes, Then yeah I agreed, But if it suddenly turns red out of no where then no xD I would prefer a bar meter telling me if that's the case.

1 minute ago, Myoro said:

So for notation I'm thinking of abbreviating float like we do with abbreviating jump. Stuff like 6A 5B and 3C would become f.6A f.5B and f.3C?

Simple enough?

Yeah I agreed that's good & Simple to understand.

It may sound a little off-topic, but I am curious about if the VS themes starts to be available during the arcade or during the console release, because it have some characters who need a VS theme (Nine VS Celica/Kokonoe)

1 hour ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

It may sound a little off-topic, but I am curious about if the VS themes starts to be available during the arcade or during the console release, because it have some characters who need a VS theme (Nine VS Celica/Kokonoe)

If there were any vs. themes, I see no reason why they wouldn't have added them in the arcade.

Wonder if they'll finally have English VAs as announcers this time around. They did nearly every character for P4A in English and it was really nice.

Really fond of Izanami's English VA so it would be nice if I could have her as a regular announcer, although Yukana's take on her as an announcer is great too.

19 hours ago, Myoro said:

I'm also wondering if that float is duration based or ends when an input is used or a move recovers.

If it's duration based that'd potentially be interesting for OS's, as a change in state from floating grounded to aerial would prolly auto-cancel the floating grounded move making it safe, and afterwords she could throw out an aerial that would be made safe upon landing. That tertiary state of being exclusive to her has the potential to let all sorts of nutty interactions happen I think. Can't wait to have more details on it.

I have this sneaking suspicion that her gameplay style might be similar to Aigis.

2 hours ago, AchedSphinx said:

I have this sneaking suspicion that her gameplay style might be similar to Aigis.

You know, it's not too far-fetched really. Normal Aigis had zoning, and Orgia Mode made her da bess in CQC, right?

1 hour ago, Mumm-Ra said:

So if you need to jump before you can begin floating, I wonder if it has a minimum height requirement.

I think this will be the case, to make her not have as many instant overheads.

From the trailer it looks like she can get into it relatively low, which made me think her float moves might not be overheads. If float replaces her double jump and she can go into it and cancel it like it's nothing that will mean some pretty crazy empty jump trickery I think.

I wonder if she has anti airs that keep their head invuln while in float mode... That'd be potentially hilarious.

Considering that her float normals seem to match her ground ones, I assume they retain most of their properties, including most of them being mids... Though scoring a low from a float would be silly.

8 hours ago, Poultrygeist said:

I think this will be the case, to make her not have as many instant overheads.

Well, the obvious choice here would be to make going into float take some actual time - if it takes ~10 frames to finish going into float (I say finish, because you probably want her to stop moving immediately, but, if you delay for 10 frames or so before she's alllowed to do any moves) then the minimum amount of startup on an 'instant' overhead would be 4 (Jump Startup)+10(Float Startup)+Move startup, which would be a long way from instant.

2 hours ago, Airk said:

Well, the obvious choice here would be to make going into float take some actual time - if it takes ~10 frames to finish going into float (I say finish, because you probably want her to stop moving immediately, but, if you delay for 10 frames or so before she's alllowed to do any moves) then the minimum amount of startup on an 'instant' overhead would be 4 (Jump Startup)+10(Float Startup)+Move startup, which would be a long way from instant.

I doubt that the float takes 10 frames to activate tho it just activates instantly, But Now It probably does have recovery frames when you cancel out of it tho but slightly as you can see [slow down the speed it helps] Here @0:45  , But yeah the activation looks more like it's instant.
-But yeah If she is not able to quickly do Jump>Air-Normal  it makes the existens of a Instant overhead really low & Like you said that depends on how many frames it takes for the Normal being used to come out & If it can hit crouching opponents. I don't think she has one to be honest cause Her J.B looks like it can easily be low-Profile, The only one would be J.C but J.C has to much start up for it to be an actual Instant Over-Head, So basically I don't think she has one if We're talking about Jump>Air-Normal.

[Now I'm going to do a little Comparison here with Tsubakis J.D Float] : -Izanamis- Float is basically just a WAY Better & Complete version in many ways of Tsbuakis [J.D] Float, Tsubaki Can use it to Extend combos, She can also do [J.C>J.D>J.C], Air-Dash out of it ... [Ect] Similar uses right. Tsubakis J.D float has No Start up same as Izanamis, but it's not that useful since -
Tsubakis float actually has recovery frames [14T+9L] which slows her down, so what I'm trying to say here is that : IF Izanami has Less or No recovery Frames at all when canceling out of the float then She can probably give a way better use of [J.B>Float>f.cancel>J.B] than tsubaki can, giving her a lot of Options for Mix-ups & Other things. Well just have to wait and See ~<3 -Hype-

Actually Wait [J.B] can be useful, but it will depend on how Fast she can activate the Float right after she jumps [Basically while she's leaving the ground]. If it's instant then yeah it might work & She might have one, but if not then nah I doubt it then.

What I was thinking about, can she actually float cancel moves?
Like is it possible to do a rising j.B into float into combos?

22 minutes ago, Juraya said:

What I was thinking about, can she actually float cancel moves?
Like is it possible to do a rising j.B into float into combos?

Too early to tell, but I doubt... j.B would need massive hitstun to give you enough time to link into another combo'able move.

6 hours ago, xLittleLucifer said:

I doubt that the float takes 10 frames to activate tho it just activates instantly, But Now It probably does have recovery frames when you cancel out of it tho but slightly as you can see [slow down the speed it helps] Here @0:45  , But yeah the activation looks more like it's instant.
-But yeah If she is not able to quickly do Jump>Air-Normal  it makes the existens of a Instant overhead really low & Like you said that depends on how many frames it takes for the Normal being used to come out & If it can hit crouching opponents. I don't think she has one to be honest cause Her J.B looks like it can easily be low-Profile, The only one would be J.C but J.C has to much start up for it to be an actual Instant Over-Head, So basically I don't think she has one if We're talking about Jump>Air-Normal.

[Now I'm going to do a little Comparison here with Tsubakis J.D Float] : -Izanamis- Float is basically just a WAY Better & Complete version in many ways of Tsbuakis [J.D] Float, Tsubaki Can use it to Extend combos, She can also do [J.C>J.D>J.C], Air-Dash out of it ... [Ect] Similar uses right. Tsubakis J.D float has No Start up same as Izanamis, but it's not that useful since -
Tsubakis float actually has recovery frames [14T+9L] which slows her down, so what I'm trying to say here is that : IF Izanami has Less or No recovery Frames at all when canceling out of the float then She can probably give a way better use of [J.B>Float>f.cancel>J.B] than tsubaki can, giving her a lot of Options for Mix-ups & Other things. Well just have to wait and See ~<3 -Hype-

That was pretty much what I was trying to say, though I used lousy words.  Yes, if they may Float like, 0 Startup, 10 recovery or something,  it'll remove any instant overhead problems,.

Tsubaki j.D float has always been garbage for the most part, because of the hilarious and unwarranted landing recovery.  Presumably, a character built around that mechanic would not have that problem.

Well as it stands it doesn't seem to have any recovery or start-up.

This may be understandable balance wise as, from what we've been told, it replaces her double jump, another vital tool with no real start-up or recovery to speak of. If it does indeed replace her double jump it'll have to be a pretty good movement option if she's banking on keeping up with the cast's movement options. One thing's for sure, she definitely won't be the first or only character to have IOHs if they even are (for all we know moves used during float are all mids with head attribute so they can be AA'd anyway.)

Right now there's no telling what she'll be able to do with it or if she's been balanced well or not, so while we can make further observations, there's no real reason to say she should be changed one way or another quite yet. Let's keep our eyes peeled for more details! I'm currently looking for things overlooked in the preview.

Also, any ETA on the Izanami character thread? I know it's been like two minutes since the trailer happened, but I'm eager to put all the new info we're gonna get in six days somewhere.

I find it funny that when I compared nine to marg gameplay wise some people like poultry geist or whatever his name was thew a hissy fit yet when people are comparing izanami to aigis, that's all dandy.

and izanami/saya looks really fun, after how disappointing and brain dead op nine turned out for me, can't wait to try her out.