kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

Aka "Never use this unless you want to die"

It costs 100 meter and has five years of startup. Team Blue manages to create an entirely impractical move. As expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aka "Never use this unless you want to die"

It costs 100 meter and has five years of startup. Team Blue manages to create an entirely impractical move. As expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, SoWL said:

I assume they want you to combo it with the super-armor mode before flying away to the opposite side of the screen... Or rather, they don't want it to be unexpectedly broken. I wish you could at least use it after the command grab, but that requires 150 Heat.

People managed to find a use for Kokonoe's Golden Tager, so maybe they can do it with time stop, too.

22 minutes ago, oh no, he said said:

In theory, it might be workable if spooky skellington ribcage barrier can offer protection long enough to cover that startup.

It's a fucked up scenario either way because the armor move doesn't prevent throw. So if that's what they want, then it has to be throw invul at the very least because otherwise it'd still be worthless. It's hard to tell in the match vs Lambda, but the last we see of her, she is jumping backward, so she could possibly have been trying to block. She could just have easily returned to neutral for the sake of showing off the super, or attempted to backdash. It honestly makes sense for the DD to be unblockable, because how do you block time stopping? So then you'd have a throw-invul unblockable that guarantees 8 seconds of whatever you want. OD timer does not move in time stop, so you could have 8 seconds of whatever in OD (or activate OD during), then keep the timer stopped for even longer. The timer does not move during her 5-second startup, either.

Depending on the armor's startup, you could just mash it on, then mash your time stop with one second left, get 8 seconds of free damage, and up to another 7 seconds saving grace after that. Then there's the issue of if the DD acts like a burst and will catch the opponent during invul frames or not. With Golden Tager, it could be utilized because the startup was only 2-4 seconds, Kokonoe could negative edge active moves, as well as place down moves with a timer. Izanami has setup bits, and the fireball, but the fireball at least commits her to it and does not leave her free to use other moves. The bits are helpful, but do not last nearly long enough to keep an opponent stationary for the 5-second startup.

The DD, from this one stream, seems either unfairly good, or inexplicably terrible. We'll know soon enough.

2 hours ago, Chaoschao222 said:

What kind of move has 5 second startup?

Eh wouldn't be the first time an ASW character had a near useless move. I imagine that if BBCF has some sort of stun effect ala say Third Strike, the move would be just plain busted. The 5 second delay is likely also there so characters that lack the means of a projectile or mobility can actually get a chance to punch her in the face for using it. Still, looking at the move it does seem entirely impractical to pull off (at the moment anyway, but we'll see what happens 5~7 months from now). Maybe if she had a mechanic to speed it up like, I dunno Kokonoe's Golden Tager rotations or maybe the delay decreasing based on the amount of his in her combo string just prior to activating it...

5 minutes ago, Luminos564 said:

Maybe if she had a mechanic to speed it up like, I dunno Kokonoe's Golden Tager rotations or maybe the delay decreasing based on the amount of his in her combo string just prior to activating it...

Rotation on Golden Tager makes the charged version do more damage, not lower the startup time.

2 minutes ago, Chaoschao222 said:

Rotation on Golden Tager makes the charged version do more damage, not lower the startup time.

No I meant that if said rotation mechanic was used for that purpose as opposed to upping damage like it does on Golden Tager. My bad, I wasn't clear the first time.

2 minutes ago, Luminos564 said:

No I meant that if said rotation mechanic was used for that purpose as opposed to upping damage like it does on Golden Tager. My bad, I wasn't clear the first time.

I see. It is possible.

It's also possible that the startup is dramatically lower in OD. A lot could happen to make the super seem better. But as-is... :s

2 minutes ago, Chaoschao222 said:

I see. It is possible.

It's also possible that the startup is dramatically lower in OD. A lot could happen to make the super seem better. But as-is... :s

There's a neat idea. We do know that her time freeze abilities also stop the OD timer from decreasing so the potential tradeoff is actually fair. Do you sacrifice your OD potential for a faster full-screen, unblockable time freeze for guaranteed damage down the line or do you conserve meter and go off her command DD and use your OD during it (at lower health levels you add even more time to your OD making Izanami unique in that regard). But time will tell how Izanami stands.

Just let me see if I got this straight.

The differences between both time-stopping DD is the fact that one can hit anywhere and the other you need to hit the opponent?

6 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

The differences between both time-stopping DD is the fact that one can hit anywhere and the other you need to hit the opponent?

One is a command grab super with "normal" seeming startup, and one is a fullscreen 720 with 5 seconds of prep time.

6 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Apparently, one is a command grab and the other hits fullscreen and I really, really hope it's chargeable via extending startup to extend time-freeze timer, because that startup looks quite impratical even as an invincible counter for slow, punishable moves.

1 hour ago, Argent Zero said:

With the SMPs removed from all of the normal attacks, Arakune has an easier time cursing the opponent (Can one hit curse off of a 5A).

Overall, he's better than his CPEX version. 

The changes to cloud (how it just kinda sits on you and keeps cursing) seem pretty strong too.

Hopefully he won't be as bad as CT. He was a complete nightmare to face.

(Not that playing Nu actually helped a lot since her only defense was hitting before she could get hit.)

Oh. My. God. She's all out on Ragna!
Her autoblock Ribcage is just wow!!
And that winner animation~ @_@

Edited by LeonD
Incorrect :P

1 hour ago, Airk said:

The changes to cloud (how it just kinda sits on you and keeps cursing) seem pretty strong too.

Right, forgot about the cloud. Thanks Airk.

Yes Arakune is stronger now but from my experience, people lose to Arakune because they don't know how to fight him. I still get angry fan mail from using CPEX Arakune. 

12 minutes ago, LeonD said:

Her autoblock Ribcage cannot be Guard-crushed, too!!

If you are talking about the end, then it was not a crush trigger but an exceed accel

Well guys, I'll be out at Round 1 (in Puente Hills) later to see if Izanami is there, and put out some of the stuff that one poster mentioned if no one else did already, and if anyone else near the area there is coming over, you can find me with the plush/outfit the same as my Ava pic.

Other than that, hoping for the best.

1 hour ago, bakahyl said:

If you are talking about the end, then it was not a crush trigger but an exceed accel

Ah, my bad! :P

I'm liking what I see of this character so far. Not from an "I really want to play her!" perspective, but from a "This character looks interesting and unique without having normals that take up 2/3rds of the screen and have no more recovery than the average 5B" perspective.

6 minutes ago, Airk said:

I'm liking what I see of this character so far. Not from an "I really want to play her!" perspective, but from a "This character looks interesting and unique without having normals that take up 2/3rds of the screen and have no more recovery than the average 5B" perspective.

XD I see what you did there~