kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

According to sources, Izanami has 10.5K HP. Same as Kokonoe and Terumi IIRC.

In said sources you'll also see damage and proration values if you're into that sorta thing. It's in moonrunes though so have fun with that.

6 hours ago, Volt said:

And it's not just little footage, it's some pretty bad quality too. Someone posted some videos from Izanami matches that were on Youtube. (Thanks by the way, nice find.) However, one of them was Izanami getting ran over by Stylish Tager, the other was she utterly laming out a questionable Hakumen (She even got a Negative Penalty and he still couldn't do squat.) and yet another one was a decent Lambda who threw the match to see Full-Screen Time Stop.

I mean, what are we even supposed to understand from this?

That slide special out of float though. She can hit low out of float and even do cross-unders. (Like cross-ups but from below, I forgot the thing.)

I don't know why, but I don't think she'll be below top tier before console release.

They actually had a rematch because lambda intentionally threw to show off timestop.

I'm noticing not a lot of people are using her drive, I think that may have something to do with why she seems a little generalist at the moment(and even still, her damage is on the high side). It might be a little on the hard side to properly implement it into her gameplan, but I really can't imagine it being particularly weak if it apparently makes it necessary for her to be unable to block while in that state. From what I've seen her drive's active state appears to function  independently of Izanami though I'm not sure to what degree, which allows her to use it to cover her approach, or extend combos even while she's in recovery frames(you might have to slow down the video to see it clearly, but she's still in recovery when her bits flash white), or just keep her opponent locked down, kinda like a puppet character, just sans the puppet.. I'm sure once people get the hang of implementing it, she'll start to look a lot more frightening.

Also shouldn't we have a proper subforum to discuss this in by now?

You can fire the bits at people while in that mode with 6D, 2D or 4D. They each fire them a bit differently, can't remember which is which though. An important thing to note about her drive mode is that it removes her "casting" animation for her D specials, so the spinning blade and three bits circling then firing at someone become a lot more useful.

57 minutes ago, DJ_Blactricity said:

Any news on whether izanami's normals hit/whiff crouching characters during float?

I'm going to assume it depends on the normal, but I haven't even seen anyone try.  Really hope we figure that out soon, I don't want us to go a year getting hit by IOHs that we can avoid.

2 minutes ago, -Seo said:

You can fire the bits at people while in that mode with 6D, 2D or 4D. They each fire them a bit differently, can't remember which is which though. An important thing to note about her drive mode is that it removes her "casting" animation for her D specials, so the spinning blade and three bits circling then firing at someone become a lot more useful.

I assumed this might be the case, that's pretty nifty! It also seems like using those specials also might cause her to revert back into normal mode, is that true?

This character looks bananas, air EA? So she can reversal out of air OD? Kek.

Where's the Izanami subforum mods.

7 hours ago, oh no, he said said:

I assumed this might be the case, that's pretty nifty! It also seems like using those specials also might cause her to revert back into normal mode, is that true?

Yup, though I'm not sure at which point she's able to block again during this, I'd assume it'd be when the bits return behind her.

7 hours ago, oh no, he said said:

I'm noticing not a lot of people are using her drive, I think that may have something to do with why she seems a little generalist at the moment(and even still, her damage is on the high side). It might be a little on the hard side to properly implement it into her gameplan, but I really can't imagine it being particularly weak if it apparently makes it necessary for her to be unable to block while in that state. From what I've seen her drive's active state appears to function  independently of Izanami though I'm not sure to what degree, which allows her to use it to cover her approach, or extend combos even while she's in recovery frames(you might have to slow down th

Right; that's what I wanted to say; the other day I actually had a relevant observation that no one had notcied for once and forgot to post it!

Izanami's options did appear to function independently of Izanami's normal moves.  I'm wondering if that's also how she's supposed to do time stop; Counter hit->OD->Super-> Drive to create pressure during start up.  OD Freezes once the move activates; although with a minimum OD duration of 2Sec, she'll need to take some damage first.

'Zanami can't hit low while in her floating state, other than by using her teleport to ground special (which she can combo from meterlessly.) I don't know if her overhead still hits high in that state. Floating does allow for all of the usual ground movement like dashing and backdashing, sans jumping and of course floating. Her max jump height seems pretty high and her super jump is very very high. blocking cancels floating state.

Izanami can also be anti-aired normally while in floating state.

I believe this character can do aerial crush triggers too, I wanna see them at work.

Ribcage is awesome, but not a F1 move.

7 hours ago, Mumm-Ra said:

This character looks bananas, air EA? So she can reversal out of air OD? Kek.

Where's the Izanami subforum mods.

She needs to float first, so I don't really imagine it as a good reversal.

17 hours ago, BlackYakuzu94 said:

Her drive looks like it helps with locking the opponent down and float looks like its used for extremely mixup. So basically, she's looking like a rushdown/ lockdown hybrid of sorts. That said...we have little match footage of her sooo

I'm not getting that vibe from float right now, since it doesn't seem like her float normals are overheads (At least one of them is CLEARLY not), so as mixup goes, it seems a little dubious?

I didn't see anything that looked much like "lockdown" going on in the videos I watched either, but maybe as more footage emerges this will be more clear. 

Definitely not getting the "LOL, this character is ridiculous" vibe I got from 9 and Koko.

The mixup doesn't happen in the float. The float is mostly to give Izanami the proper height so that when she unfloats, it's hard to react to whether she went for an overhead with a falling jump normal or landed and did a low. Here's an early look at the concept. Not sure how it'll develop to become more practical or impractical. Guess we'll find out as the character develops.

1 hour ago, RurouniLoneWolf said:

The mixup doesn't happen in the float. The float is mostly to give Izanami the proper height so that when she unfloats, it's hard to react to whether she went for an overhead with a falling jump normal or landed and did a low. Here's an early look at the concept. Not sure how it'll develop to become more practical or impractical. Guess we'll find out as the character develops.

So swallow-moon-esque sort of stuff. Right.

We'll see how it goes.

4 hours ago, Litherain-XIII said:

Why does Izanami's purple special guard remind me of sasuke's Susanoo jutsu  from Naruto?  she does look awesome tho on the real.

It looks exactly like it, that's why lol

Sweet combos, 3-3.5K is pretty gud.
Also, that DD dance at the end lel~

Yo,

Anyone know anything about the Speed Star Mode bonus character? For context I was reading Tokkan's article and I noticed: 

"There is a chance for encountering a "bonus character" that will give higher amounts of additional time when performing such actions. "

Stuff got forgotten about with Noel-gate and Izanami hype. I'd appreciate any info.

I'm hoping for either something like SF2 or stupid like Pakumen.

SpeedstarBonus.png.b9ac4babfa56b51bce832