kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

Izanami is cool, but what kinda bothers me is her strike invuln buff (rib cage). Seeing that she can end her combos safely and apply it on knockdown, wouldn't that just mean huge portion of the cast can't really do a thing on wakeup? Not that I'm averse to just blocking, but I'm curious nonetheless.

21 minutes ago, Stellarcircle5 said:

Izanami is cool, but what kinda bothers me is her strike invuln buff (rib cage). Seeing that she can end her combos safely and apply it on knockdown, wouldn't that just mean huge portion of the cast can't really do a thing on wakeup? Not that I'm averse to just blocking, but I'm curious nonetheless.

It... kinda depends.  Is it really strike invuln? (I don't think it is) Is it guard point? Is it armor? How much damage can it absorb if it's armor?  How many hits?

There's a lot we don't know yet, I think.

16 minutes ago, Airk said:

It... kinda depends.  Is it really strike invuln? (I don't think it is) Is it guard point? Is it armor? How much damage can it absorb if it's armor?  How many hits?

There's a lot we don't know yet, I think.

I remember reading that it was strike invuln, though that could easily have been lost in translation. I just want to know, because as a Valk player, who has precisely zero projectiles, it sounds pretty spooky on paper.

All I know is that she can take like 2 to 3 hits on it, but it rapidly depletes her barrier gauge. Its definitely strike though because I've seen her get grabbed out of it.

looks like guard point to me. I've seen her eat a Carnage Scissors and just casually counter with a combo. Ragna's Exceed Accel's also failed to trigger on it. Looks weird. Lambda's D Swords also didn't do squat.

As far as Valk goes, hitting her will probably eat through her barrier and end it quickly, while also placing her in the danger state.  The real question is: How well does it protect her during attacks?  Can she get counter hit? (If so, it might defeat a bit of the point.)  I'm guessing it'll be a great anti-reversal at the cost of eating her barrier gauge.  She may be able to activate it at the end of the combo, but then she has to worry about deactivating it; I believe it has an animation for deactivation, and if she doesn't remove it in time she ends up in a danger state.

So, Ragna's around the world may just have to just wait out her pressure until she goes for a deactivation or it runs out.  If she poorly times a deactivation, she get's smacked, otherwise, she'll run out of barrier and loose her option against reversals; in which case if you can break out of her pressure, you can go to town on her. Double damage and no options against a Crush Trigger!

I've been keeping an eye on Ribcage. It looks very good.

It basically is an auto-guardpoint from the looks of things, it protects her completely from all things in all situations except for grabs (although I'm not certain if it applies to catch moves like Haku's) and when near depletion automatically deactivates with one point of barrier, thus avoiding danger state. So far there are two ways to deactivate it, which are to let it run its course (It's duration will elapse when 35~45% of her barrier has been drained) or use the attack which lifts it and converts opponents into an air-combo-able state from nearly anything.

Waiting out Izanami's pressure may not be so easy, as she possess projectiles she can use while using other moves, and a command grab which steals 20% of her opponent's barrier and combos in the corner IIRC. Trying to block her in the hopes that her barrier disappears before your health does may be a difficult task. Lack of barrier is the natural consequence to abusing ribcage, however situations like guardcrush can potentially be mitigated with dependence the heat she got from pressuring you.

It's very interesting to see a character who has barrier dependent meter management. It looks like the quicker you open up an opponent while using ribcage for protection, the more you get to use it, so some players may forgo using the move when the opponent is being particularly hard to break.

Also Danger is a x1.5 modifier to damage rather than double. It's only when Negative warning is also applied that it becomes x2.25.

59 minutes ago, Myoro said:

I've been keeping an eye on Ribcage. It looks very good.

It basically is an auto-guardpoint from the looks of things, it protects her completely from all things in all situations except for grabs (although I'm not certain if it applies to catch moves like Haku's) and when near depletion automatically deactivates with one point of barrier, thus avoiding danger state. So far there are two ways to deactivate it, which are to let it run its course (It's duration will elapse when 35~45% of her barrier has been drained) or use the attack which lifts it and converts opponents into an air-combo-able state from nearly anything.

Waiting out Izanami's pressure may not be so easy, as she possess projectiles she can use while using other moves, and a command grab which steals 20% of her opponent's barrier and combos in the corner IIRC. Trying to block her in the hopes that her barrier disappears before your health does may be a difficult task. Lack of barrier is the natural consequence to abusing ribcage, however situations like guardcrush can potentially be mitigated with dependence the heat she got from pressuring you.

It's very interesting to see a character who has barrier dependent meter management. It looks like the quicker you open up an opponent while using ribcage for protection, the more you get to use it, so some players may forgo using the move when the opponent is being particularly hard to break.

Also Danger is a x1.5 modifier to damage rather than double. It's only when Negative warning is also applied that it becomes x2.25.

Right,  my bad about danger state, and all those corrections.  Thanks!  That's a really insightful write-up.  In brings the up the question: What is the weakness that makes up for it. (I can't really watch streams-don't have the time, so I get my info from dustloop.)

I'm guessing like so many others, it's her lowish health (which is estimated to be around 10.5K), her barrier gauge management, and her lack of a meterless reversal that is supposed to balance her powerful offensive tools. Barrier is used more than for the defensive purposes of soaking up chip damage, blocking air unblockables, pushing opponents away, and stopping guard crushes, but it also sees use in canceling a dash's halting frames, some option selects, and reducing air hurtboxes offensively. It also looks like Izanami's pseudo-wolf break mix-up she has also requires no small amount of barrier canceling.

[Level 3 Drill revving in the distance]

Also her barrier drain command grab can be followed up mid-screen as well, she just has to have her drive in it's active state so it can combo into that orbiting bits zap special, it's shown in this here video which also shows  a setup for full screen timestop, requires OD and izanami to be at 50%: 

52 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Just for curiosity, do we have any video that is Nine vs Kokonoe?

Closest

Nice theme. The OST of this game is going to be dope. Certainly didn't expect the choir though.

Izanami's Ribcage doesn't really look a lot balanced right now, auto-deactivation looks quick, even though the startup isn't really as fast. Looks like you either have to grab her or hope they mess up Barrier management. Either way, screws quite a few matchups.

1 minute ago, Volt said:

Nice theme. The OST of this game is going to be dope. Certainly didn't expect the choir though.

Izanami's Ribcage doesn't really look a lot balanced right now, auto-deactivation looks quick, even though the startup isn't really as fast. Looks like you either have to grab her or hope they mess up Barrier management. Either way, screws quite a few matchups.

Correct me if I am wrong, the ribcage gives you armor in cost of your barrier? But you can still be grabbed and it will be cancelled if done?

Just now, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Correct me if I am wrong, the ribcage gives you armor in cost of your barrier? But you can still be grabbed and it will be cancelled if done?

Not sure about it being cancelled if grabbed, but you are correct about everything else.

Izanami forums when?!

1 minute ago, GunBlazer said:

Not sure about it being cancelled if grabbed, but you are correct about everything else.

I can´t recall in which match that was, but I recall seeing that grab cancels the ribcage.

Well at least it looks like it could last about 4-5 seconds, if enought barrier is available, though I can´t say for sure how long it can stay, since the player cancels it.
Thogh it stays out for quite some time.

10 minutes ago, GunBlazer said:

Izanami forums when?!

Also, this! :D

Just now, RurouniLoneWolf said:

It already exists. It's just that no one has posted in it because ...???

Oh, wow, never noticed. But it was created very recently, right?

Just now, RurouniLoneWolf said:

I think sometime last night.

That'd explain why I didn't notice.

Izanami boys, let's go home.

39 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Does it lasts sufficient to use the 720A 5 sec startup special, I mean how long does it last?

3 in-game seconds