kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

Just now, TekkamanArk said:

What changed about the wind mechanic?

Can regen in midair, for one.

She also has a 50 meter way of gaining 2 wind almost instantly, which really solves her running out of wind problem

12 hours ago, Daisy-Fan said:

is any chance the game release this fall year or in 2017?

I can only conjecture based on the last game's release schedule, but I'll go through my reasoning  with you.

short answer:

Using CP's Arcade "lifecycle" as a precedent, yes there is a chance of a fall 2016 Japanese release and a Spring 2017 localization.

long answer:

For reference:

CP "Lifecycle":

Arcade Release: November 21, 2012

Console News: April 16, 2013 (Japanese release date and console characters revealed)

Japanese Console Release: October 24, 2013

US Console Release: March 25, 2014

CF "Lifecycle":

Act 1 Arcade Release: November 19, 2015

Act 2 Arcade Release January 28, 2016

Act 3 Arcade Release March 2016

Console news about a release window as well as pre-order DLC and console exclusive characters should pop up around mid April early May (that's about when we found out about Terumi and Kagura for CP). So keep your ear to the ground around that time for a more definitive timetable. With each Act lasting 2 months so far, it seems like announcements wouldn't be far-fetched in May (Act I November, Act 2 January, Act 3 March). Again, this is pattern-based speculation so take it with a grain of salt.

You should be cautious however, as we are supposing that every portion of development will not take longer than it did previously. As we saw in CF though, we've gotten THREE different arcade routes for everyone (minus the new boss for each act). These were definitely as indepth as normal arcade but it could have eaten into console development for the story mode which will be a contributing factor in how long the game takes to come out. Nevertheless, it looks like all the acts will be finished around console news becomes the new hot topic.  Likewise, I don't have a citation on hand but Mori has stated CF will have a larger story mode. Longer story implies a longer development cycle (unless they phone it in). A conservative estimate would to be assume bare minimum they take as long as CP before we should get impatient. Concrete news should be out around April-May 2016 if the pattern holds though and the Act releases provide circumstantial evidence. I have my doubts though based on how they finsihed CP's arcade in November/December (if we account for Izayoi and the missing murakumos who had a staggered release). Mori stated he was still writing Act 3 when Act 1  was released, so there is definitely more time put into the Arcade stories. How much of this ends up as part of story development is in the air (CS followed Arcade far more than CP did).   

By that token, console dates should be around October/November for Japan. The US release has fluctuated between versions, but it has generally taken longer each version. So I would conservatively guess we won't see a US console date until around March 2017. ASW has stated they wanted their games to have closer release windows, and they have GGXrdR coming out (for consoles at least) around the same time for Japan and the US. Take that as you will though.

Hopefully, the flow of events illustrated in this exercise for the past game allows you to tailor your expectations for release dates and when to expect news. Others can chime in as well if this is insufficient for your query or I overestimated or underestimated a factor. :sweatdrop:

9 hours ago, TD said:

She also has a 50 meter way of gaining 2 wind almost instantly, which really solves her running out of wind problem

Eh? Splain! Or do you just mean "that's how much wind she gets back during Tempest Dahlia now"?

Rachel players still have that CS trauma where a new version will cripple them.

I think early CF notes said that her regen was slower, but current CF she regens wind whether on the ground or air so...no loss there.

I hope a fast localization happens with CF but that said if the waiting period is more than 6 months people are probably gonna just import the Japanese version.

1 hour ago, Angry Guy of DE said:

Rachel players still have that CS trauma where a new version will cripple them.

I think early CF notes said that her regen was slower, but current CF she regens wind whether on the ground or air so...no loss there.

I hope a fast localization happens with CF but that said if the waiting period is more than 6 months people are probably gonna just import the Japanese version.

I mean I will..but I wont be happy about it. I care about the story too so I have to buy it twice at that point

Izanami looking like she's the character that's revitalizing my interest in BB, guess it's time to invest in a PS4 and Arcade Stick again.

My old SF4 TE stick died on me despite lasting a good 4-5 years, rip.

42 minutes ago, PhoenonX said:

Izanami looking like she's the character that's revitalizing my interest in BB, guess it's time to invest in a PS4 and Arcade Stick again.

My old SF4 TE stick died on me despite lasting a good 4-5 years, rip.

Do you have some reason to believe it won't come out on PS3?

19 hours ago, Airk said:

Do you have some reason to believe it won't come out on PS3?

Maybe he just wants a PS4.

I know that it's unlikely, but I really do hope BBCF comes out this year. :l

All of the characters I wanted to learn in BBCPEX were barely, if not anywhere viable. It's kind of hard to not feel dread when I have to fight another Azrael or Izayoi, with barely any hope that I'll win a round in 10 matches.

My Lambda is ready for the I'm not worthless tier(Woo mediocre tier. It's an upgrade and I can't wait)

2 minutes ago, Overdrive55 said:

I know that it's unlikely, but I really do hope BBCF comes out this year. :l

All of the characters I wanted to learn in BBCPEX were barely, if not anywhere viable. It's kind of hard to not feel dread when I have to fight another Azrael or Izayoi, with barely any hope that I'll win a round in 10 matches.

My Lambda is ready for the I'm not worthless tier(Woo mediocre tier. It's an upgrade and I can't wait)

Well, if that happens, probably just at the end of this year, unfortunately, and just for japanese console at the time.

That tier chart is by Poropiccho, a pretty good Hakumen player from Kansai. Anyone who's watched footage from Athena Nipponbashi has probably seen him at work. He also subs Platinum and Arakune.

You can probably trust that chart.

It definitely seems legit. Nine and Rachel moved over, Carl is definitely best in the game right now with all the buffs, so solid he can go toe to to with his nemesis Jin now. If anything is incorrect it's very minor but then again people are bound to think their character is stronger or weaker than listed, and that's fine too.

valk definitely fell from grace with that wolf gauge, haz I'm not sure about. Litchi STILL solid (srsly Aksys, nerf! Just once), surprised izanami and mu isn't a little higher

6 hours ago, heavymetalmixer said:

Another tier list

Terumi is better than Hazama

Lambda is better than Nu

Arakune and Rachel are powerful again

Tsubaki and Celica are much stronger

Tao, Nu and Haz are low tier

Looks like karma finally kicked in.

So right side is well rounded and left side has weakness. 

I want to be more specific... So the right side is a flexible character that can deal with all sorts of situations.

The left side's strengths are highly situational and have to conform to a certain playstyle. Some are affected by gauge resource management. 

1 hour ago, Davo87 said:

So right side is well rounded and left side has weakness. 

I want to be more specific... So the right side is a flexible character that can deal with all sorts of situations.

The left side's strengths are highly situational and have to conform to a certain playstyle. Some are affected by gauge resource management. 

If that's true, then Lambda and Arakune could be a little more to the right.

It is a little weird when you don't see Tsubaki as Well rounded as Jin. They both use meter to some special and Tsubaki uses her own meter while Jin uses Heat. And it is weird that Izayoi isn't rounded as Tsubaki, well, still being stronger

Terumi over Hazama it was something that needed to happens, not only because I prefer maining Terumi than Hazama, but as the story itself tells, the former is stronger than the other, not the opposite, so it felt weird Haz being stronger. It is a shame he fell too low.

I really thought Naoto could be better than what it is showing, the opposite goes to Hibiki. I thought they would be in same levels, but with Hibiki being a little higher.

Papa Relius is in Top/Well-rounded, nothing to say so much, I would say about he doesn't have projectiles anymore, but he has Ignis. But yet him and Carl shouldn't be that well-rounded because they are dependant from Ignis and Nirvana respectively, and if both needs to recharge, both of the characters lose their main tools.

It is interesting that Amane is recovering from below and becoming one stronger character. It even surpassed Ragna.

And the Big Bad Azrael still strong as ever. I am really happy about his position in this tier, even if it is not an official tier list.

Izayoi has to generate a few stars  before she can become jetpack mixup hell with D saber attachments, and it's easier to deny her stars than it is to deny tsubaki install.

Tsubaki is probably considered not as versatile as Jin for the same reason. You can make it so it's harder for Tsubaki to get install, but Jin will always get heat no matter what you do.

All that being said, it's still not a huge difference, just enough of a difference.

12 minutes ago, oh no, he said said:

Tsubaki is probably considered not as versatile as Jin for the same reason. You can make it so it's harder for Tsubaki to get install, but Jin will always get heat no matter what you do.

This, but lets face it - Jin just has better normals.   His neutral game is way less awkward because of the space he controls.  Tsubaki needs to work to get in at ranges that Jin is perfectly comfortable playing at (Jin 5C range) and Jin is just as solid at close ranges.

Edit: Also glad to see that the initial "AZRAEL IS INSANE GOOD!" hype train doesn't seem to have actually been correct. Seeing Hibiki listed higher than Litchi raises my eyebrows though.