kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

Any reasons people have as to why Kagura is at the bottom? 

I don't see him much in match videos, but I don't want my main to be the considered the WORST. 

2 minutes ago, Dazardz said:

Any reasons people have as to why Kagura is at the bottom? 

I don't see him much in match videos, but I don't want my main to be the considered the WORST. 

My guess is about the same problems he had in CP: Slow movement, really short pokes... and seems he didn't get a buff in CF

1 minute ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

My guess is about the same problems he had in CP: Slow movement, really short pokes... and seems he didn't get a buff in CF

That's probably it. They made his only pokes even shorter and there isn't really anything he was given to greatly help him in neutral. The best they did with that was make his pokes faster, yet still shorter.

So, i'm very happy that almost everyone I like (Jin, Carl, Tsubaki, Makoto, Valk, Platinum, Azrael, Kagura) is good, or still good, except for the major exception, Kagura, who is the worst in the game. I really don't understand what ASW thinks they're doing with him, and I don't think they know either. I'm also glad that Hibiki, Nine, and Izanami ended up good, and happy that Naoto isn't as good. The only thing that would make me happier though would be seeing Litchi in that bottom (or at least low) tier.

14 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

So, i'm very happy that almost everyone I like (Jin, Carl, Tsubaki, Makoto, Valk, Platinum, Azrael, Kagura) is good, or still good, except for the major exception, Kagura, who is the worst in the game. I really don't understand what ASW thinks they're doing with him, and I don't think they know either. I'm also glad that Hibiki, Nine, and Izanami ended up good, and happy that Naoto isn't as good. The only thing that would make me happier though would be seeing Litchi in that bottom (or at least low) tier.

ASW doesn't really inspire confidence.  It's taken them like 5 games to realize that Tsubaki, as a rushdown character, needs normals that aren't terrible, some way to extend pressure that isn't a single +1 normal, and some form of mixup that's not a single 26 frame overhead.  It's not like they needed to make some profound change to her design, they just needed to look at what kind of tools a character in that role needs, and think of a way to execute them within her design.

Hopefully at some point they will look at Kagura and think "Okay, so what is this character supposed to do, and how should he do it?"

How big would people say the gap really is between high and low tier in CF? I'm really hoping the game ends up balanced tighter than CPEX, just because more character variety makes it way more fun to play, and dominating characters tend to harm that.

From what I've observed Kagura at the very least is not terumi teir, where there's an inherit glaring flaw in his gameplan, it just looks like he's fighting uphill battles. They kinda rounded him out so he was a little bit more dependable midscreen, but that resulted in him taking major hits in other places that leaves him kinda mediocre at a lot of things. 

Carl, despite being fucking dumb when put in the right hands, is still a pretty hard character to play at maximum efficiency, so him being super strong won't have the same effect as say, Jin and and Ragna who aren't too hard to pick up. I've been seeing a lot of variety.

It is interesting when you think the hardest character to get used is the strongest one, which is the greatest reward a player can have, yet, it need really a lot of practice... 

Worth it? Yup.

Kagura would've been fine if they haven't just kept nerfing his [4]6 fireballs.

New combo routes are fine, making his now only anti-air [2]8B actually be combed off of is good.  Making his oki weaker while having his neutral still be below sub-par?  Not good.

I don't see much skill whenever Carl resets corner pressure with the new nee-san flail attack, which he can input while pressing other normals making it safe, and gives him enough time to go for another mixup :v:

Other than that yeah, it's not easy using one and a half characters at the same time I guess

I don't see much skill whenever Carl resets corner pressure with the new nee-san flail attack, which he can input while pressing other normals making it safe, and gives him enough time to go for another mixup :v:

Other than that yeah, it's not easy using one and a half characters at the same time I guess

Hibiki seems to have a few option selects on pressure/defense that really help his game. He has the tools to deal with every character as well, even though in some match ups it's a risk.

carl has received massive offensive buffs to compensate for losing some un blockables. Ada charges a lot quicker deactivated which during some combos give her a lot of gauge back. Her four-punch combo attack is stupid good for oki. He himself has gotten a mixup buff in 6c being longer range and being a better Gatling normal. One of the best EA's in the game with ea+ fuoco on block and big doll gauge gain on hit. It's very hard for a good Carl to lose momentum and not difficult to gain it back with the new burst system. With the way Carl is now you still have to go to bb college to play him but he definitely has the tools in every situation to be a force.

2 hours ago, Putin said:

But dude he doesn't have a meterless reversal so it's okay just like Valk!  #kappa

As someone who hasn't really kept up in the past year due to things:

Does Bullet/Hot Pants at least have a reason to exist yet?

At least Kagura and Terumi have interesting concepts around them.  What does Bullet do, again?

38 minutes ago, Narroo said:

At least Kagura and Terumi have interesting concepts around them.  What does Bullet do, again?

If I were being cynical I'd say she's there because of your first reason. But from a gameplay stand point, I feel she's there so we have an extra grappler to make Tager look good. But Tager's already good so she's in a bit of a limbo. Low mobility characters always have a tough time in this series.

Fast movement+grappler seems to be the basic concept(at least i THINK that's what they were going for, it's pretty poorly executed, but that's the impression I've always gotten...). The actual marrying of the concepts is something they're pretty adverse to doing though, what with her having weird strike grabs or whatever that shit in her drive is. I've always been of the opinion that if she kept her drive's target reticle on you long enough, then blocking the attack would not repel her, but function like,uh, an actual grab, which you have to tech, or you eat it. Maybe that would be horrifying to balance, but they figured out how to make Amane's 'No mixup. Slow cossup. Drill is love, drill is life' approach to pressure work without being disgustingly overpowered, so I think they could make it work so long as they're careful about it.

Also let her make more explosions in neutral than just flint shooter and her crush trigger??? That stuff is legit as fuck and there really ought to be more of it in this world.

Amane has mixup. It's just not the standard high/low. Drill plays a major part but it's not everything.

7 hours ago, Narroo said:

Damage and corner carry. Loads of it. With no heat required. If you get a few good reads, she can end the round very quickly. It's just that because her damage is so high, they have to balance it by making it more difficult to land hits, and she needs those stray hits to heat up and get to the damaging combo routes. Outside of that, she's your regular rushdown character with short, safe normals that can sit in your face for hours, waiting for you to do something silly. That is, as long as you let her get close.

Also, I find it funny that reigning over one tier list wasn't enough for Zato, so he decided to let his puppeteer buddy have his own throne on top of a nearby fuckmountain.

EDIT: Seems like we're getting an arcade update today, mostly concerning Izanami, Nine and Amane.

http://www.blazblue.jp/cf/ac/info.html

19 hours ago, TekkamanArk said:

You might wanna watch better Naoto's then :V

Its hilarious how much they're sleeping on that character.

Isn't that a buff to Izanami? Not anything too strong, but at least she won't be able to get thrown out of throw startup. Also, does it apply to her command throws as well?