kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

6 hours ago, heavymetalmixer said:

Or we could just use RC.

Doesn't that defeat the point?  He's supposed to be able to spam Distortions, not RCs.  Plus, that doesn't fix the fact that he still has the distortion startup on too many moves that are used too often.

2 hours ago, Narroo said:

Doesn't that defeat the point?  He's supposed to be able to spam Distortions, not RCs.  Plus, that doesn't fix the fact that he still has the distortion startup on too many moves that are used too often.

He's "supposed" to have lots of meter and lots of things to use it on.  It would be nutso to try to design a character who is "only" supposed to use his meter for distortions.

And there is no standard 'distortion startup' - they can have the 'super flash' happen at pretty much any time.  They could make a distortion that's startup of 25+0, and it'd have 25 frames of startup animation, then a super flash and no chance for the opponent to do anything afterwards.   The fact that they chose not to indicates that he's 'working as intended' in that regard.

10 hours ago, Narroo said:

If you cant confirm into a distortion (lack of reflexes / skills / whatever), just RC. The game offers both possibilities.

How is that different than Hazama for example?

13 hours ago, Airk said:

He's "supposed" to have lots of meter and lots of things to use it on.  It would be nutso to try to design a character who is "only" supposed to use his meter for distortions.

And there is no standard 'distortion startup' - they can have the 'super flash' happen at pretty much any time.  They could make a distortion that's startup of 25+0, and it'd have 25 frames of startup animation, then a super flash and no chance for the opponent to do anything afterwards.   The fact that they chose not to indicates that he's 'working as intended' in that regard.

Oh, well, I know that he's supposed to use everything, but that includes his distortions.  To be fair, I'm not too familiar with Terumi, but aren't some of his "mixup options" his distortions?  Either way, he'd needs buffs and having the distortion effect activate only on hit would probably would help a lot.

Also, wouldn't "Working as intended" describe Arc's approach to Tsubaki for the past several years?

2 hours ago, Narroo said:

Oh, well, I know that he's supposed to use everything, but that includes his distortions.  To be fair, I'm not too familiar with Terumi, but aren't some of his "mixup options" his distortions?  Either way, he'd needs buffs and having the distortion effect activate only on hit would probably would help a lot.

Also, wouldn't "Working as intended" describe Arc's approach to Tsubaki for the past several years?

As far as I know, his two supers that he uses for "mixup" are visually indistinguishable. You know he's doing a super, but that's it.  Someone who knows more about Terumi should feel free to correct me.  I hate that character.

But yeah, Arc Balancing is questionable. I'm still working on a theory of how they do it. Currently, I'm going with the "series of unpaid interns" theory, wherein with each game, the person in charge of balancing has to learn every character over again, and doesn't have time.

Terumi was balancing tsubaki for awhile. She was the butt of many a joke. But alas. Times have changed.

7 hours ago, Airk said:

As far as I know, his two supers that he uses for "mixup" are visually indistinguishable. You know he's doing a super, but that's it.  Someone who knows more about Terumi should feel free to correct me.  I hate that character.

But yeah, Arc Balancing is questionable. I'm still working on a theory of how they do it. Currently, I'm going with the "series of unpaid interns" theory, wherein with each game, the person in charge of balancing has to learn every character over again, and doesn't have time.

I think he has more? I think he has a counter and a barrier block as well.  Someone correct me?  Eitherway, the big flashes still help to tell you he's at least going for a high/low mixup.  If nothing else, you can try to reversal your way out of it on reaction. (I think?)

(This post is based on CPE gameplay, sorry if any property from any attack has changed)

Terumi has many DD for many situations and he can get Heat really quickly with his D moves what makes him very versatile (however lacking a meterless projectile) and good for mindgames, with the main example being Orochi Burensen(63214A/B). The A version hits low, does less damage and usually is a combo ender, while the B version is overhead, does slightly more damage and can be used for combo fillers. By obvious sense, many players prefers using the B version due to its combo significance.

Jakyou Messenga (41236C) is known for being combo filler in some occasion (while I see as an ender, but anyway) it can be used to chase some zoners due to projectile invincibility (which I remember it is removed in CF). Can be performed in air too.

Gouga Soutenjin (623B) is his main reversal option because its startup is invincible.

Ouja Zanrouga (236236A) is a counter. In my opinion is good to get people off-guarded and loves spamming attacks, however the counter doesn't trigger if hit by a projectile or low (the latter can be triggered in Overdrive)

Jabaku Fuuenjin (632146D), a combo ender which burns your entire Heat and, depending the amount of Heat you have, the attack ends differently.

And Jarin Renshouga (236236D/214214D), which is the only projectile he have and good against long range ONLY. It uses 100%, but the first hit crushs the opponent Barrier, while in OD is completely Unblockable.

His Astral Finish is way too pratical, because it connects with a lot of moves and if you wasted it, no worries, he can spam D attacks to get Heat quickly again and do it. (Sometimes I did that.) Without killing his victim.

Another strength is the fact that none of his Drive-based moves gives Heat to the opponent. Mix that, the infinite Overdrive loop in CF and its effect, you drain your opponent Heat in no time, becoming a huge threat to meter dependant characters (Jin and Hakumen can be considered)

His main weakness is his damage, which is really low.

33 minutes ago, Narroo said:

I think he has more? I think he has a counter and a barrier block as well.  Someone correct me?  Eitherway, the big flashes still help to tell you he's at least going for a high/low mixup.  If nothing else, you can try to reversal your way out of it on reaction. (I think?)

You can't reversal on reaction to terumi's 63214A/B supers if done from a level 3/4 normal unless you ib the preceding normal so it's a 50/50 on normal block if you don't have meter to counter assault. He can also do a delayed 63214B to beat some reversals. 63214B is -1 if blocked so it doesn't put you in a bad situation if blocked.(Don't know if this is the same in CF). 63214A is -13 so you can punish him if he doesn't have meter.

2 hours ago, DJ_Blactricity said:

You can't reversal on reaction to terumi's 63214A/B supers if done from a level 3/4 normal unless you ib the preceding normal so it's a 50/50 on normal block if you don't have meter to counter assault. He can also do a delayed 63214B to beat some reversals. 63214B is -1 if blocked so it doesn't put you in a bad situation if blocked.(Don't know if this is the same in CF). 63214A is -13 so you can punish him if he doesn't have meter.

Okay, thanks; that's a bit better!

5 hours ago, Narroo said:

He does have a counter, which, like all counter-supers, doesn't flash unless someone triggers the counter.   It's vulnerable to lows and being thrown, however.

15 hours ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Jakyou Messenga (41236C) is known for being combo filler in some occasion (while I see as an ender, but anyway) it can be used to chase some zoners due to projectile invincibility (which I remember it is removed in CF). Can be performed in air too.

In CPEX, Ground Messenga has a 4-frame superflash, but it was fully invincible after (there is a reason for why this was Best Super), but Air Messenga lost that property (can be combo'd from though).

It was CF that made it projectile-invincible only from frame 1(?), but now it's a FATAL.

11 hours ago, Airk said:

He does have a counter, which, like all counter-supers, doesn't flash unless someone triggers the counter.   It's vulnerable to lows and being thrown, however.

And also loses to most safejumps unless they are low enough, and doesn't trigger if hit from behind.

Oh, and screw you, Inferno Divider.

Edited by GunBlazer
Posterity Corrections

1 hour ago, GunBlazer said:

In CPEX, Ground Messenga was fully invincible (there is a reason for why this was Best Super), but Air Messenga lost that property (can be combo'd from though).

It was CF that made it projectile-invincible only from frame 1(?), but now it's a FATAL.

And also loses to most safejumps unless they are low enough, and doesn't trigger if hit from behind.

Oh, and screw you, Inferno Divider.

Eh? So you're telling me that all those GD times I got hit by Messenga on wakeup, it WASN'T because I F'd up my meaty timing? GDI.

I coulda sworn I'd gotten hit with his counter when attacking from behind before, but maybe not, based on my understanding of how it work...

Just now, Airk said:

Eh? So you're telling me that all those GD times I got hit by Messenga on wakeup, it WASN'T because I F'd up my meaty timing? GDI.

I coulda sworn I'd gotten hit with his counter when attacking from behind before, but maybe not, based on my understanding of how it work...

In regards to Counter, when triggered, it creates a hitbox on the ground in front of Terumi which activates the counter if the opponent is caught by it. Said hitbox has quite the range, being able to catch Hazama's 5D almost 2/3 of its full range. However, because of this, it will guardpoint but not counter jump-ins, crossups, and rising moves like Inferno Divider.

At the very least, CF removed the audio cues that made even more blatantly obvious.

Just now, bakahyl said:

Messenga can be meatied, since it does not have start up invul in bbcpe though. It does have invul frames later on

Yeah, just checked. 4-frame superflash. My bad.

Woah boy. The cliffhanger leading into console story mode is probably going to be a dewzy this time. Now that the final act is going to be out, hopefully they'll start talking about console release soon as well.

So, hype for the new opening, since it is yet even more different than the other two. So, two questions:

1. Does anyone know what emblem is shown when the title of the act is shown?

2. What do those moonrunes, which appear under Izanami when she comes out of that pillar, say?

Just now, Juraya said:

So, hype for the new opening, since it is yet even more different than the other two. So, two questions:

1. Does anyone know what emblem is shown when the title of the act is shown?

2. What do those moonrunes, which appear under Izanami when she comes out of that pillar, say?

1, the BlazBlue emblem, in other words is the same emblem as in the logo of CT and CF. And it's also is a combination of Ragna's and Nu's emblem.

2, That's is going to be hard to find out. it's not ordinary modern(?) Japanese. I can't read such text since it consist of only Kanjis.

You are correct, it's not modern Japanese: it's the so-called "Kanbun", which is basically ancient Japanese writing. The most well-known Kanbun text is Kojiki, the Japanese mythological text, and since BlazBlue already takes a lot of its inspiration from there, I figured I might as well try googling it... And I did find both the original text and its translation into English. It's basically a description of Izanami.

如此白而。還入其殿内之間。甚久難待。故刺左之御美豆良

湯津津間櫛之男柱一箇取闕而。

燭一火。入見之時。宇士多加禮斗呂呂岐弖

於頭者大雷居。於胸者火雷居。

於腹者黒雷居。於陰者拆雷居。

於左手者若雷居。於右手者土雷居。

於左足者鳴雷居。於右足者伏雷居。

并八雷神成居。

Having thus spoken, she went back inside the palace; and as she tarried there very long, he could not wait. So having taken and broken off one of the end-teeth of the multitudinous and close-toothed comb stuck in the august left bunch [of his hair], he lit one light and went in and looked. Maggots were swarming. and [she was] rotting, and in her head dwelt the Great-Thunder, in her breast dwelt the Fire-Thunder, in her left hand dwelt the Young-Thunder, in her right hand dwelt the Earth-Thunder, in her left foot dwelt the Rumbling-Thunder, in her right foot dwelt the Couchant-Thunder:—altogether eight Thunder-Deities had been born and dwelt there.