kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

43 minutes ago, Volt said:

That argument is moot since Es is now playable and she's one of the smallest characters in XBlaze.

Es is still a good 8 inches taller than Jubei. The issue isn't height itself, since there are several characters at that height, the issue is what tricks to use to raise the hitbox. All of the small characters use some kind of cheat. Rachel holds Nago above her head as an umbrella, Carl has a ridiculously tall hat, Platinum holds Muchorin so the bottom of the staff sticks up above her head. Jubei would need a similar cheat, which is why I think the answer is his Dark War armor and it's giant v-shaped helmet crest. While we haven't seen her idle sprite, what we've seen of Es suggests that her cheat is, funnily enough, her ahoge, which adds quite a bit to her height.

6 minutes ago, Ogiga99 said:

Es is still a good 8 inches taller than Jubei. The issue isn't height itself, since there are several characters at that height, the issue is what tricks to use to raise the hitbox. All of the small characters use some kind of cheat. Rachel holds Nago above her head as an umbrella, Carl has a ridiculously tall hat, Platinum holds Muchorin so the bottom of the staff sticks up above her head. Jubei would need a similar cheat, which is why I think the answer is his Dark War armor and it's giant v-shaped helmet crest. While we haven't seen her idle sprite, what we've seen of Es suggests that her cheat is, funnily enough, her ahoge, which adds quite a bit to her height.

Wait, really? I thought that if Jubei could stand a bit more upright he'd at least reach Ragna's shoulder or something. Dang.

Now I'm imagining Jubei getting blocked off rollercoasters. ("I don't care if you're the strongest thing alive, you must be this tall to ride.")

1 minute ago, Volt said:

Wait, really? I thought that if Jubei could stand a bit more upright he'd at least reach Ragna's shoulder or something. Dang.

Now I'm imagining Jubei getting blocked off rollercoasters. ("I don't care if you're the strongest thing alive, you must be this tall to ride.")

Nah man, Jubei's tiny.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/blazblue/images/6/63/BlazBlue_Phase_0_Characters_%28Concept_Artwork%29.png/revision/latest?cb=20160319093746

P.S. Can anyone teach me how to insert an image at its full size? Every time I try it is tiny.

That may not be enough. Even in his armor Jubei is still too short, just noticed it. However, in that image where Jubei's silhouette appears in armor in a flashback from Hakumen's CS Story, his tails actually reach above the helmet since they are upright.

That could be enough, no need for the armor, just make his tails a hitbox.Ā 

26 minutes ago, Ogiga99 said:

Nah man, Jubei's tiny.

Spoiler

BlazBlue_Phase_0_Characters_%28Concept_A

P.S. Can anyone teach me how to insert an image at its full size? Every time I try it is tiny.

Spoiler

The link must end with image's file name so it's known that it's an image. In this image file, remove "/revision/latest?cb=20160319093746" so the link ends with .png.

Ā 

5 minutes ago, Zedar90 said:
Ā  Hide contents

The link must end with image's file name so it's known that it's an image. In this image file, remove "/revision/latest?cb=20160319093746" so the link ends with .png.

Ā 

Thanks a ton Zedar. The size thingĀ also seems to be a problem with images from the wiki so I'll avoid that from now on.

13 minutes ago, Volt said:

That may not be enough. Even in his armor Jubei is still too short, just noticed it. However, in that image where Jubei's silhouette appears in armor in a flashback from Hakumen's CS Story, his tails actually reach above the helmet since they are upright.

That could be enough, no need for the armor, just make his tails a hitbox.Ā 

As short as he is, I can't see his in-game sprite (as in, the playable sprite) being shorter than Carl even with the hat taken into consideration.

If they want to keep him thatĀ short, I actually agree the tails would be a good place to hide a hitbox. I mean, if they can have Rocket Raccoon in Marvel, I don't see how Jubei isn't possible in Blazblue.

Of course, I still believe they always planned to add him. Whenever they said he was too short it always just came off as a way to deflect answering the question. It's almost like a joke at this point that "he's too short!" I think they just don't want to publicly admit that they're saving him to be the last character released in the series.

or the idea that Mori personally loves the attention and demand of jubei only for him to not have any intention to actually make him playable because "some men cant be reasoned with. some menĀ just like to watch the world burn."

I guess dustloop is the only ASW related place on the web where we can have reasonable discussions and avoid something like this:

Spoiler

ZkkALNY.png

OhuAzFc.png

Way to go, Jubei "fans"!

Ā 

5 hours ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

What do you mean with that?

By the way, many times during CP to Extend, I've heard that it was actually impossible to have Jubei in-game since he is really short, but I highly doubt that since I don't think he is shorter than Carl (they seem to have the same height) and unless they change Tao Astral Finish ending (where Jubei "saves" the victim from her) it is completely impossible to him becoming playable, in my opinion.

Mori said it was impossible to have Celica in the game too, because she "wasn't able to fight". A problem remedied by Minerva. Jubei's considered too short, a problem easily remedied by making him wear his body armor and making his helmet ornaments part of his hitbox.

Omg! I say to my self!

When I read text of fans still asking for JUBEI when ever a new character gets a leak or its reveal( and of course is not JUBEI). Guys that's getting old, like a broken record. We all know JUBEI is coming sooner or later, just hold ur horses.

As for me I'm so glad ES is an actual blazblue character as of today. Hope to see her gameplay pretty soon :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omg! I say to my self!

When I read text of fans still asking for JUBEI when ever a new character gets a leak or its reveal( and of course is not JUBEI). Guys that's getting old, like a broken record. We all know JUBEI is coming sooner or later, just hold ur horses.

As for me I'm so glad ES is an actual blazblue character as of today. Hope to see her gameplay pretty soon :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, Oniros said:

When Jubei is added to BB, you know it will be the end.

Fine then, I don't care if it's the end, I just want that playable Jubei. It could be the last fighting game ever made for all it matters to me.

I don't know how irrelevant this is too the thread but its about Jubei so w/e, anyways, I doubt Jubei will be added if they reveal a new character (a playable one ofc)

11 hours ago, Toxin45 said:

Yeah no I don't think america would like her I bet Trinity and Touya with the later being the Terumi and the former being like kokonoe jubei would be in extend.

How is America even relevant here?

11 hours ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

In appearence, she seems to be a Kagura quicker, who (probably) don't have charge moves, but with less damage. I may be wrong, but it is what seems to me as a first glance.

Please don't let this be a thing.

I can't think of a character that got so wrecked from one game to another to then add a character that has the same gameplan but is better.

Honestly, I am hopeless about Jubei becoming playable until they remove him from Tao's Astral, because, technically, it is weird Tao executing her Astral on Jubei and later, in the end, Jubei "saves" himself. This is the only thing that, if happens, people will be 100% sure (Or a little less) he will become playable.

They wouldn't have to remove Jubei from Tao's Astral, they'd just have make it conditional so that someone else (like Torakaka) takes his place when Tao fights Jubei.

9 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Honestly, I am hopeless about Jubei becoming playable until they remove him from Tao's Astral, because, technically, it is weird Tao executing her Astral on Jubei and later, in the end, Jubei "saves" himself. This is the only thing that, if happens, people will be 100% sure (Or a little less) he will become playable.

Why would this be more problematic thanĀ a mirror match or Tsubaki and Izayoi fighting each other? It's not like Astral Heats are canon anyway.