kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

Those letters on the ground of Es' stage have me all curious... What does that text mean? Why even write on the ground? All I can make out is "SSARY   HOT".

5 minutes ago, Calamitus said:

HF5mR0e.jpg

Why did they change input display in training mode... It's the only thing i don't like so far.

It's weird to change that after so many years, but it looks kinda better to see if you mistimed a button press during a directional input. Weird, but ok.

37 minutes ago, Ogiga99 said:

Es didn't really have any abilities in XBlaze. She was just super strong, fast and carried a giant sword. The Azure Eyes only gave her Phenomenon Intervention (which obviously can't be applied to gameplay) and even when she temporarily used the Phantom Memory: XBlaze after becoming human all that did was increase her stats. All of the sword beam stuff we've seen and whatever else comes is completely new.

Much appreciated for the lesson!

29 minutes ago, Zedar90 said:

Yeah, it's completely new. I'm wondering, since it's likely that Es is still using Murakumo that only has a different shape, could that swords that appears be some kind of sword summoner like ability? Instead of shooting it, she creates a "chain" of swords.

Given that this is a different Es, it could be a new sword, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is just a different version of Murakumo. As for the ability, that's an interesting take. I can see her performing a bunch of combos with that type of ability as her drive.

12 minutes ago, Sourenga said:

Those letters on the ground of Es' stage have me all curious... What does that text mean? Why even write on the ground? All I can make out is "SSARY   HOT".

Not sure what to go from the "HOT" and "SSARY". We might have to wait for a full shot of the entire stage before we can figure that out.

13 minutes ago, BlazGearRegalia said:

Not sure what to go from the "HOT" and "SSARY". We might have to wait for a full shot of the entire stage before we can figure that out.

There's another letter before the S that could be an E, at least it has the 2 bars coming in from the left. Possibly (Nece)-ssary hot-(???)

The other question is if someone recognises the setting because that could lead to a clue about the writing.

I can sorta tell that someone else had a hand in helping with Es' design (the info even outright says this), because it's actually a really good design. That's not to say Mori hasn't cranked out some decent designs over time, but he ain't Daisuke.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway, Es is looking to be a complex character, in my opinion. I can't shake the feeling that she'll have some sort of stance-esque thing to her normals/drive; I can't see that hourglass thing working without it. I hope I'm wrong. I like her overall, but I've never been big into stance-changing characters. 'Chain swords' (as @Zedar90 put it) would be pretty neat, though.

2 minutes ago, MLSTRM said:

There's another letter before the S that could be an E, at least it has the 2 bars coming in from the left. Possibly (Nece)-ssary hot-(???)

The other question is if someone recognises the setting because that could lead to a clue about the writing.

No, the only thing that really stands out is the Black Beast in the back ground. While the text is interesting, I wonder who people is able to fight each other with the black beast goes on a rampage in the back ground.

While the text on the ground is kinda fishy, I think that the important thing to know about Es' stage is that it's inside of a wrecked NOL branch. One can see NOL flags on the broken walls scattered around the stage.

2 hours ago, SoWL said:

Man, they really go out of their way to keep Es's playstyle ambiguous. "Look at these sword effects, is that her drive!?" "Her reach seems long, maybe she deals lots of damage, too!?". Not sure why I expected to get anything more than that.

I dunno what it is man, but articles like this love being ambiguous as all fuck. Do the Japanese readers/fans prefer being teased left, right and center? Or does ASW (or any developer) have this inherent fear of revealing basic information? Because every time I read an article/interview saying "Oh this character does one thing but she might/could/kinda-sorta do another thing" makes me want to call up Chuck Norris to deliver a roundhouse kick to my cranium.

2 hours ago, BlackYakuzu94 said:

We see Ragna in his natural habitat of getting bodied once again. Look how comfortable he looks indulging in life's luxuries.

Joke's on Nine. Come CF console and once the DLC stuff is released, a balance patch will no doubt see her taken away from the top of the Tier Pyramid. Probably replaced by Noel afterward or something :vbang:.

Was there anything else of interest to note in the article?

I looked up words that begin with "hot," and most of them wouldn't fit in this context and they'd just be silly. "Necessary hotness" is the first thing that came to mind, but that would be the most ridiculous thing ever. Might turn out to just be an Engrish mishap or something.

12 minutes ago, Zedar90 said:

No, the only thing that really stands out is the Black Beast in the back ground. While the text is interesting, I wonder who people is able to fight each other with the black beast goes on a rampage in the back ground.

Fighting Game logic in a nutshell, my friend!

3 minutes ago, Luminos564 said:

I dunno what it is man, but articles like this love being ambiguous as all fuck. Do the Japanese readers/fans prefer being teased left, right and center? Or does ASW (or any developer) have this inherent fear of revealing basic information? Because every time I read an article/interview saying "Oh this character does one thing but she might/could/kinda-sorta do another thing" makes me want to call up Chuck Norris to deliver a roundhouse kick to my cranium.

Joke's on Nine. Come CF console and once the DLC stuff is released, a balance patch will no doubt see her taken away from the top of the Tier Pyramid. Probably replaced by Noel afterward or something :vbang:.

Either that, or they got a lot of patience. But really, it does astound me on how those articles are written. [Chuck Norris? Ouch, that'll be a hell of a headache everytime]

Like mother like daughter! First Kokopuffs in CP, then Pink Haired Dark Magician Girl!

1 minute ago, Luminos564 said:

Looks like things like this might run in the family.

The huge, ruined clock near the NOL flags in Es' stage got me curious. Where is that place anyways? Why does it seem to have neceSSARY HOTpants written in huge letters on the ground?

12 minutes ago, Zedar90 said:

Fighting Game logic in a nutshell, my friend!

3 minutes ago, Luminos564 said:

Either that, or they got a lot of patience. But really, it does astound me on how those articles are written. [Chuck Norris? Ouch, that'll be a hell of a headache everytime]

Like mother like daughter! First Kokopuffs in CP, then Pink Haired Dark Magician Girl later on!

Now that you pointed at that clock, there are some other bits of buildings everywhere and I think the stage may be a hierarchical city where a Black Beast emerged from its cauldron due to plot circumstances.

Spoiler

l_570e1bd49b569.jpg

Feels like they combined elements from both CS and CP here. The end result is not bad. I still prefer Calamity Trigger's overall but this is pretty damn good.

Trinity got a new body so I won't be surprised if she appears in the story mode and is added as DLC. For the second DLC I can only think of Jubei, but it may be a new character too (and people will have to wait until CFEX for the cat.).

22 minutes ago, Luminos564 said:
  Hide contents

l_570e1bd49b569.jpg

Feels like they combined elements from both CS and CP here. The end result is not bad. I still prefer Calamity Trigger's overall but this is pretty damn good.

Looking truly amazing! They're definitely putting the effort to make it something great!

19 minutes ago, Toxin45 said:

neat can't wait for the two dlcs so why was Terumi an unexpected character again?

If you're referring to him making an unexpected return in CF, then here's the answer: In CP, Hakumen used his Time Killer technique on him. Bear in mind, the Time Killer technique kills/destroys all the time of the victim, killing them permanently/erasing their existence indefinitely.

Terumi survives by observing himself.

44 minutes ago, KanaNoir said:

Trinity got a new body so I won't be surprised if she appears in the story mode and is added as DLC. For the second DLC I can only think of Jubei, but it may be a new character too (and people will have to wait until CFEX for the cat.).

I doubt mori won't make a CF extend I mean we already have two extends so why not another one? Besides it will have more side stories 

One of the dlc will be a character we never saw coming and Trinity is the other we kinda. Sadly I agree jubei will be added for CfEx I mean gotta save the best for Last as they say.

With all the characters who are going "Whoa, is that you, Ragna?!" or "WTF. Are you Ragna's twin or something?!" every time they see Naoto, part of me can't wait to see them go "OMG, Nu got a makeover?!" every time they see Es. Haha.

1 hour ago, Luminos564 said:
  Hide contents

l_570e1bd49b569.jpg

Same here, though funny that there's no Unlimited Mars this time (although Unl. forms will still come back due to Act 3 hidden bosses as a hint). Every other Icon sub-menu from CP/E still the same though. (Wish Legion made a return, but might as well check out that Speed Star mode. Since I could try it out at a "Round 1". I'm intrested how they'll work out the Abyss mode even further.)

I have always thought of Es being a Nanase like character if she would ever become playable.

That Izayoi j.A tho

Sent from my ONE TOUCH 4015D using Tapatalk