kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

No, Bang had an Anji palette. It was Terumi who had the Chipp palette.

But that was then, this is now. Bang now has a Chipp palette.

Oh right, that he did.  Those old color palette assignments were 50/50 as far as making sense goes anyways.

Mu's really rocking that Ramlethal color scheme though.  Totally beats her Dizzy one from back in the day.

I can't figure out why they picked Sin for Naoto instead of Sol, but I'm cool with that. Really good colors for all characters.

Totally maining Kagura with Johnny color. Then again, I'm probably the only one who might actually main him from what I've heard anyway. :v:

Huh I thought Jam would have fit Litchi better. Then again, she is one of the few characters who actually uses a staff, and thus the Venom scheme.

Really digging the CelicRam and NoEl though!

13 minutes ago, Rotlung said:

Huh I thought Jam would have fit Litchi better. Then again, she is one of the few characters who actually uses a staff, and thus the Venom scheme.

Really digging the CelicRam and NoEl though!

If I recall it correctly, Litchi got her Jam palette in the fan votes and since Jam had no color scheme changes, it couldn't be reused. Something similar happened to Azrael and Valkenhayn I guess. Azrael got his Johnny palette and Valkenhayn had Slayer I think.

Sorry if this has been asked, but is this not getting a Vita version? Was the Vita version of CP and CPEX announced in tandem with the PS3 versions? I got a Vita recently, so it's disappointing if true.

And please don't respond with "I doubt it because the Vita is dead", because everyone is thinking it and it goes without saying. It still sells in Japan though.

29 minutes ago, Devdan said:

Sorry if this has been asked, but is this not getting a Vita version? Was the Vita version of CP and CPEX announced in tandem with the PS3 versions? I got a Vita recently, so it's disappointing if true.

And please don't respond with "I doubt it because the Vita is dead", because everyone is thinking it and it goes without saying. It still sells in Japan though.

While the vita version for BBCPEX came out at the same date as the rest, it wasn't announced until a month later after the other version was announced. And as for the vita version for BBCP, it came out 6 months after the console release.

There might be a vita version, but it could very well be released later after the console release. Arc might want to focus on getting the console version done before starting on the vita verison.

8 hours ago, Volt said:

I can't figure out why they picked Sin for Naoto instead of Sol, but I'm cool with that. Really good colors for all characters.

Totally maining Kagura with Johnny color. Then again, I'm probably the only one who might actually main him from what I've heard anyway. :v:

Ragna and Jin will always be a variation of Sol and Ky, they're the main characters of their respective series.

Naoto and Sin are new to the BB/GG fighting games (They've been in other parts of BB/GG story before though)
They're also both the young, brash shonen-esque character who butts heads a lot with the main character.

I see the similarities, wasn't really surprised they did it.

However, yes. They're all pretty cool imo, and that Kagura-Johnny color is so good (Too bad Kagura isn't half as good as Johnny is in Revelator right now)

I'm in love with the Terumi-Zato color, personally.

Man, that Tsubaki color is ugly, but I guess there's not much you can do since Millia's new colors are ugly. :P

11 hours ago, Volt said:

It's okay we'll struggle together.

Though I'll be standing with my White/purple color palette #6.

With those identical "All white + secondary color trim with blonde/brown/white hair" color schemes, it really gives the impression that all Guilty Gear characters look exactly the same.  

that had me confused for a long time too. they're referencing elphelt's color in revelator

So does anyone know if they are still going to have a Persona color palette? I don't know how exactly the color palettes work in the Arcade versions so would we know already or is that a Console thing? Have they been replaced by the XBlaze colors or is that separate? Similarly, do we know what the "references palette" (as in references to other anime/games, Ragna=Ichigo, Bang=Goku, Relius=Char etc.) are or does that come later?

Nine is strong but not broken.You can expect to have issues if you don't learn her spells though. But that's just about any character's drive really.

Very strong, yes, broken, not really. Nine has a really strong neutral game, and kunzite of faceblock is one of the strongest moves in the game right now, to the point it seriously homogenizes her gameplay, and alomst all combos end in some killer oki. She has defensive tools, good ones, but they aren't always avaialble. A Nine with no magic stuck in the corner is a very sad nine indeed.

Carl is what I would call broken. His neutral is an absurdly frustrating litchi lite: more movement edition, and has crossup and mixup for days, has no problem establishing oki, his corner pressure is what I would call borderline unfair because ada can negate pushback, so good luck getting out of that without a DP(not that carl cares THAT much about DPs anyways since he's got bait for days). This would all be okay were it not for the fact that he is insanely frustrating to lockdown because the second you start to pressure ada comes flying in with an offscreen fuoco to ream your ass. This would also be acceptable if breaking ada was a serious 'oh shit' moment for carl, and not just 'well, time to play keepaway for 10 seconds.' Right now the only thing that's keeping him from becoming truly insane is because he's pretty difficult mechanically.

4 hours ago, Shigekazu said:

Is true that nine is broken? I keep hearing things from other people, but im not sure what to believe.

She has her weaknesses. Definitely not broken.

Oh no is on the money. Don't forget Carl's exceed being extremely good too, definitely high tier defense as well.

1 hour ago, Shigekazu said:

Is true that nine is broken? I keep hearing things from other people, but im not sure what to believe.

Nine's tools are what make her so strong, more specifically her neutral control due to the range of her normals and spells: and of course her variety of spells that must be learned in order to understand how to defend against them. Her most notorious spell, Kunzite (commonly referred to as rock), receives a lot of flak due to it's use as an overhead and how often many Nine's will use it in an autopilot manner. The issue is that even though it appears predictable since you can see her queue it in her stock gauge, the range of her 3C low makes situations where she can use Kunzite difficult to defend against. Spells aside, with Nine having things like a teleport dash with invul frames, a slightly plus reversal, a full screen special, and good okizeme anywhere on the screen: it's not hard to see why some people consider her "broken". But as oh no pointed out, a Nine without any spells stocked and under constant pressure is a soon to be dead Nine. While she may excel at mid to long range, she falls short at close range.

Even original Kokonoe was "Strong but not broken" in Dustloop's eyes, what else would you expect to hear about Nine?

Nah koko was definitely, definitely, broken, she basically had one player games with how good she was on top of the best neutral game and a dp teleport that was akin to tao and Noel's old counter assaults, which both were changed for a big reason.

There have been several broken iterations of characters, but the most broken imo are the ones who turned the game into one player and pretty much gave you no chance of winning. That is cp vanilla koko and cs1 litchi from off the top of my head. Even ct top tier would likely lose vs those two.