kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

58 minutes ago, BobDole said:

So why is Es from Xblaze being added in the console version instead of Jubei? That's bullshiz!

We can only hope for DLC, my brother.

6 hours ago, Volt said:

Nine looks really strong right now, does she have a weakness that people can proactively exploit? Because situational DP is exploitable and all, but it looks like you've got to be relentless with your pressure and not let her press a single button or it doesn't work. Her normals flat-out body people like Terumi and Naoto, her teleports mess with Lambda and Rachel, she's not Kagura at mid-range either.

Is there a way for people to take her out of her comfort zone?

I don't think she can handle pressure very well. I mean, her normals have a huge range but they don't look so fast, so counter poke isn't an option. Also, despite her DP being safe which is BS, it doesn't have a big range so you can make it whiff pretty easily. And I believe she cannot reversal backdash, or at least it's not so good.

Other than that, you will struggle in neutral like you struggle against CPEX Nu-13.

PS : Naoto has a few ways to get in so i'm not too worried about this matchup.

6 hours ago, TekkamanArk said:

We can only hope for DLC, my brother.

Jubei should have been the console exclusive. If anything Es should be DLC.

I don't get how a character who's integral to the storyline constantly gets the shaft while even a random character from a spin-off game gets picked over him.

Man fuck Jubei. ASW just threw the tag "world strongest" on a cat and suddenly the world swoon over a house pet?

Spoiler

son.jpg

Id rather see more about Es or Mai than him I'm growing tired of the jubei nagging only for him to be broken on release and ppl cry again like the whole kokonoe deal.

8 hours ago, Zouf said:

I don't think she can handle pressure very well. I mean, her normals have a huge range but they don't look so fast, so counter poke isn't an option. Also, despite her DP being safe which is BS, it doesn't have a big range so you can make it whiff pretty easily. And I believe she cannot reversal backdash, or at least it's not so good.

Other than that, you will struggle in neutral like you struggle against CPEX Nu-13.

PS : Naoto has a few ways to get in so i'm not too worried about this matchup.

Nine's 4X normals have fast start up, you just don't see them normally other then 4A (I believe that's water) after Crimson raider for the 3 ice element freeze combo.

12 hours ago, BobDole said:

So why is Es from Xblaze being added in the console version instead of Jubei? That's bullshiz!

7 characters were added for CSEX to CP 1.0, and Kagura, Izayoi, Kokonoe, and Terumi were all console exclusives at the time (correct me if I am wrong). I doubt Es is the last character to join the roster.

Just now, DivineTempest said:

7 characters were added for CSEX to CP 1.0, and Kagura, Izayoi, Kokonoe, and Terumi were all console exclusives at the time (correct me if I am wrong). I doubt Es is the last character to join the roster.

Izayoi was a time-release character at Arcades, along with Mu-12 and Nu-13.

Koko was added as console DLC prolly to promote console and net a quick buck.

Wouldn't be surprised if fan favorite Jubei followed suit.

But that's all speculation.

9 minutes ago, GunBlazer said:

Izayoi was a time-release character at Arcades, along with Mu-12 and Nu-13.

Alright, so Kagura, Kokonoe and Terumi were the CP console exclusives at the time. I still think there is going to be another character added at some point.

23 minutes ago, DivineTempest said:

Alright, so Kagura, Kokonoe and Terumi were the CP console exclusives at the time. I still think there is going to be another character added at some point.

If we follow the CP trend we will get one normally released character like Kagura (in this case Es), one day 1 free DLC character like Terumi and one post launch DLC like Kokonoe. It is worth noting that CP and CF did have the same number of total new arcade characters (Amane, Bullet, Azrael and Izayoi for CP and Hibiki, Naoto, Nine and Izanami for CF) so this much, if not more, is very likely.

5 minutes ago, Ogiga99 said:

If we follow the CP trend we will get one normally released character like Kagura (in this case Es), one day 1 free DLC character like Terumi and one post launch DLC like Kokonoe. It is worth noting that CP and CF did have the same number of total new arcade characters (Amane, Bullet, Azrael and Izayoi for CP and Hibiki, Naoto, Nine and Izanami for CF) so this much, if not more, is very likely.

Yeah, I agree. We all know how much Arcsys loves their DLC, especially DLC characters lol.

5 hours ago, Litherain-XIII said:

Man fuck Jubei. ASW just threw the tag "world strongest" on a cat and suddenly the world swoon over a house pet?

Reveal hidden contents

Id rather see more about Es or Mai than him I'm growing tired of the jubei nagging only for him to be broken on release and ppl cry again like the whole kokonoe deal.

This, I too would like more info on Saber's little sister/daughter Es. 

Just to stay relevant, did we get any more info on how exactly Active Flow works or is it still "certain actions net you a certain amount of AF points"?

1 minute ago, Moy_X7 said:

This, I too would like more info on Saber's little sister/daughter Es. 

Just to stay relevant, did we get any more info on how exactly Active Flow works or is it still "certain actions net you a certain amount of AF points"?

It's different for each character, but "skillful actions" such as blocking well, teching throws, landing hits, anti airing, opening somebody up with mix ups, ect. Reward active flow points until you get it. "Attention" is shown right before you get it.

4 hours ago, DivineTempest said:

Nine's 4X normals have fast start up, you just don't see them normally other then 4A (I believe that's water) after Crimson raider for the 3 ice element freeze combo.

How fast is fast exactly?

The only console character so far is Es right? I'm still here waiting for Mai so she can play like Sho Minazuki. Although I think I'm better off just playing Hibiki or something.

Hibiki is probably the closest we're going to get to Sho in terms of similarity between the two's playstyle.

1 hour ago, DivineTempest said:

It's different for each character, but "skillful actions" such as blocking well, teching throws, landing hits, anti airing, opening somebody up with mix ups, ect. Reward active flow points until you get it. "Attention" is shown right before you get it.

"Skillful actions", so it's still pretty vague, guess we'll just have to wait for concrete information like what actions get you what amount of AF points and how many points are required to fill the invisible AF gauge, stuff like that.

1 hour ago, Zouf said:

How fast is fast exactly?

How would we know? Anyway, it's unlikely that they somehow forgot to give her a jab, even if its 7 frames instead of 6 or 5.

1 hour ago, DivineTempest said:

We had a chat about this here a while ago, and as far as we can tell, pretty much everything except getting hit adds to the AF gauge.  No one has done any serious evaluation on what adds more though.

It's not hard to know the startup of some moves.

Either check japanese twitters where they talk about it, or count frames on a 60 fps video.

We have moves from CPE that still don't have good frame data. :P  If it's so easy, you can count frames yourself. ;)