kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

Yeah, I got no words. Hello Bridget 2.0. It's like a gag reel writing itself, imagine Luna complaining about that guy who's got bigger boobs than her. :v:

So uh... Is Mai confirmed or what? Should I actually read Remix Heart?

5 minutes ago, Volt said:

Yeah, I got no words. Hello Bridget 2.0. It's like a gag reel writing itself, imagine Luna complaining about that guy who's got bigger boobs than her. :v:

So uh... Is Mai confirmed or what? Should I actually read Remix Heart?

No, she has not been announced as a playable character.
But it's suspected that she could become one in CF's lifetime due to various things (story added into CPEx, the voice actor chosen for her, suddenly having quite an unique weapon so it's no longer similar to Hibiki, sequel manga close to the release of CF's console release)

1 minute ago, Zedar90 said:

No, she has not been announced as a playable character.
But it's suspected that she could become one in CF's lifetime due to various things (story added into CPEx, the voice actor chosen for her, suddenly having quite an unique weapon so it's no longer similar to Hibiki, sequel manga close to the release of CF's console release)

I'm kinda cool with that in a gameplay sense. We got no Spear wielding characters. (Izayoi is kinda focused on other things.)

6 minutes ago, Volt said:

I'm kinda cool with that in a gameplay sense. We got no Spear wielding characters. (Izayoi is kinda focused on other things.)

At least she doesn't have a dog with her . . . and those jeans, damn.

I hope that's not Mai's outfit should she get added to CF. Es' was rather classy, but this looks too fan-servicey.

Here's the list of weapon types since it came up along with the game it was added in. Included Mai since she's hot news for speculators. Not including element affinity etc (Izanami has death miasma/ black stuff but her primary weapon is the petal ring thing)

Spoiler

Primary Weapons in BB (not too distinct categorizations no Katana=/=Buster sword talk)

Swords
1. Ragna [“Ragna’s big sword” so don’t call it a scythe when he hardly uses it like one](CT)
2. Jin (CT)
3. Haku (CT)
4. Kagura (CP)
5. Hibiki (CF)
6. ES (CF)

Petals/Bits
1. Nu-13 (CT)
2. Mu-12 (CS)
3. Lambda-11 (CP)
4. Izanami (CF)

Dolls
1. Carl (CT)
2. Relius (CS)
3. Celica (CP)

Guns
1. Noel (CT)

Joke/Not Weapons
1. Rachel (CT)
2. Arakune [bugs?](CT)
3. Amane [cloth drills?](CP)

“Sticks” [to avoid mislabeling other non-stick polearms] (staffs are non-lethal sticks while spears are lethal sticks)
1. Litchi (CT)
2. Platninum (CS)
3. Izayoi (CP)
4. Mai? (CF?)

Knives (shorter than a Gladius is my criteria to be a knife, sorry certain wakazashis)
1. Hazama (CS)
2. Tsubaki (CS)
3. Terumi (CP)

Hand-to-hand (u can break this into grapplers non-grapplers but felt unnecessary)
1. Bang (CT)
2. Tager (CT)
3. Tao (CT)
4. Makoto (CS)
5. Valk (CS)
6. Azrael (CP)
7. Bullet (CP)
8. Naoto (CF)

Magic
1. Nine (CF)

(Can’t think of all encompassing label)
1. Kokopuffs [gadgets?] (CP)

Axes/Blunt Weapons ; _ ;
1. Dude in background of Cathedral (CT)
2. Naoto’s EA(CF)

That's just ASW's excuse to add a side-boob character (Izanami's mosquito bites don't count). 

Too lazy to learn any more characters beyond Jin, Plat, and Izanami. If Es turns out to be strong then I might play her and hopefully they can make something interesting out of Trinity if they do plan to add her eventually.

Can every just chill out about all of this. It's way too early to know anything about what Mai is doing or will do. I don't get why people are so surprised that Mai's outfit is so fanservicey when she comes from the most fanservice-filled installment in the series. It shouldn't be compared to Es because she comes from the XBlaze period which was much more like our world and more "normal" than BlazBlue is. She isn't really a waste because she does already open up unique plot points (and Variable Heart will probably open up more). She used to have a fragment of the Azure in her, the No Name Grimoire still has secrets, and Nine's Overdrive being Burning Red hints at a continuation of Hazama obtaining the Crimson Grimoire at the end of Remix Heart. And honestly, considering her power do you really think she wouldn't be one of the Entitled?

I'm also sick of the Jubei bitching that happens the second it is hinted that someone else is hinted to be playable. I want Jubei in as much as the next guy but it is infuriating to hear so much whining about it. He is an important character but he mostly only operated in the background and backstory as opposed to doing anything in the present (because Nine keeps sneak attacking him and her god-tier magic beats his physical strength in a fight). I think he can do more if he is made playable, especially now that is wife is playable and that opens up some fun drama, but he has been more of a behind the scenes character than an integral plot mover. Honestly I expect him to be playable by virtue of him being inside the Embryo. Since there are less than 40 people left in the entire world I don't see how he cannot get his hands dirty as he is most likely one of the Entitled and needs to fight (same applies to Trinity but possibly not Raquel since she doesn't seem to have a body and might still be in the Boundary). Even so, he is still perfectly capable of being plot relevant without being playable (look at Kokonoe and Celica) so keeping him until Extend isn't the end of the world. Regardless, just shut up with the complaints all the damn time and pretending that no one else matters or are just there for fanservice (calling them "anime waifu #whatever" is really shallow, shows you know nothing about the characters, and is quite frankly insulting) when they have so much potential.

12 minutes ago, Ogiga99 said:

Stuff

Did you just basically tell people on the internet to shut up and stop complaining?

On the news and gameplay discussion forum, we shouldn't really whine about Jubei for the umpteenth time. When it happens, it happens. but until then, lets leave the cat alone.

10 hours ago, Airk said:

Did you just basically tell people on the internet to shut up and stop complaining?

No I agree I'm sick of Jubei fans bitching and moaning as if every new character steals some imaginary "spot" from Jubei.  He's either in or he's not and that is independent of every other character's existence.  Not to mention that all it does is shit up perfectly good threads.  Which is what we're doing right now.

9 hours ago, Poultrygeist said:

No I agree I'm sick of Jubei fans bitching and moaning as if every new character steals some imaginary "spot" from Jubei.  He's either in or he's not and that is independent of every other character's existence.  Not to mention that all it does is shit up perfectly good threads.  Which is what we're doing right now.

1. They do. Jubei deserves to be in, and for each character that's added, that's time and resources that could have been used for Jubei, then when it gets around to where he might be added, it's just not in the budget and/or slots ran out.

2. Bullshit. Every added character removes a chance for another from the series to be playable. Some characters that were added are at least important to the story, then there's some (like Bullet) who serve no purpose whatsoever to the main story, and solely exists to flesh Tager out. Mori also insisted Celica would never be in because she's a non-combatant, yet here we are. We also very much do not need both Lambda and Nu at the same time, one or the other suffices. Mode-switch Nu was the perfect solution to the problem.

23 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

1. They do. Jubei deserves to be in, and for each character that's added, that's time and resources that could have been used for Jubei, then when it gets around to where he might be added, it's just not in the budget and/or slots ran out.

2. Bullshit. Every added character removes a chance for another from the series to be playable. Some characters that were added are at least important to the story, then there's some (like Bullet) who serve no purpose whatsoever to the main story, and solely exists to flesh Tager out. Mori also insisted Celica would never be in because she's a non-combatant, yet here we are. We also very much do not need both Lambda and Nu at the same time, one or the other suffices. Mode-switch Nu was the perfect solution to the problem.

1."Slots" are a totally imaginary concept, there's no magic rule that the bb cast can't exceed X many characters or something ridiculous like that. Things like budgets and slots are usually just excuses for characters they didn't intend to be in the game in the first place, or was considered low priority. (which given the jubei discussion in this very thread, arc knows that he's not a low priority character just like they know kokonoe had a highly anticipated release)

2. Objectionable as fuck. As someone who used to main lambda back in CS, Mode Switch Nu as a concept was exciting, but in practice felt fucking awful to play. She was zoning and rush-down with zoning aspects stitched together and each mode individually had to be weak as a result for balance purposes, leaving people who loved CT Nu's zoning focus and people who embraced lambda's more rushdown/zoning hybrid style both high and dry, forced to cooperate with a half of a character you never really asked for. Not to mention she was oddly execution heavy with her mode-swaps, which felt super awful coming off of Lambda really simple execution. I'll take two characters that two entirely different groups of people can love, rather than one Frankenstein's monster of a character, press 22A to not drop the combo edition, any day. No it wasn't perfect either, and they have a problem in CPEX where they're a little too similar, and Nu is a little too strong, so Lambda is trapped in her shadow, though this seems to be less of a problem in CF.

1 minute ago, oh no, he said said:

1."Slots" are a totally imaginary concept, there's no magic rule that the bb cast can't exceed X many characters or something ridiculous like that. Things like budgets and slots are usually just excuses for characters they didn't intend to be in the game in the first place, or was considered low priority. (which given the jubei discussion in this very thread, arc knows that he's not a low priority character just like they know kokonoe had a highly anticipated release)

2. Objectionable as fuck. As someone who used to main lambda back in CS, Mode Switch Nu as a concept was exciting, but in practice felt fucking awful to play. She was zoning and rush-down with zoning aspects stitched together and each mode individually had to be weak as a result for balance purposes, leaving people who loved CT Nu's zoning focus and people who embraced lambda's more rushdown/zoning hybrid style both high and dry, forced to cooperate with a half of a character you never really asked for. Not to mention she was oddly execution heavy with her mode-swaps, which felt super awful coming off of Lambda really simple execution. I'll take two characters that two entirely different groups of people can love, rather than one Frankenstein's monster of a character, press 22A to not drop the combo edition, any day. No it wasn't perfect either, and they have a problem in CPEX where they're a little too similar, and Nu is a little too strong, so Lambda is trapped in her shadow, though this seems to be less of a problem in CF.

#1: No, there is. It's called "How much work the developers are going to put into this game" and it is finite.  Sure, measuring it in "slots" is imaginary, but one character takes about as much work as another character, by the same people (not like, say, recording music or designing new stages, which also take part of the finite work budget, but mostly don't involve the people who would be creating characters) so it's an easy abstraction. 

#2: And yet some people LOOOOVED Mode Switch Nu, so there's no pleasing everyone, ever.

Just now, Airk said:

#1: No, there is. It's called "How much work the developers are going to put into this game" and it is finite.  Sure, measuring it in "slots" is imaginary, but one character takes about as much work as another character, by the same people (not like, say, recording music or designing new stages, which also take part of the finite work budget, but mostly don't involve the people who would be creating characters) so it's an easy abstraction. 

#2: And yet some people LOOOOVED Mode Switch Nu, so there's no pleasing everyone, ever.

Considering Arc seems to have no problem re-packaging and re-releasing their games as extends, running out of developer time/effort seems far-fetched to me. Given the hype surrounding the jubster, they could probably churn out an extend where it's JUST CF+Jubei and it would do well.

I'll concede to that point, though there seems to have been an effort to conserve aspects of her playstyle in Nu (gravity canceling instead of mode switch canceling, off the top of my head)

We have to keep in mind that in addition to plot reasons, there are certain gameplay roles that "need to be filled" as well. For instance, one could say that Bullet fills a grappler role that Tager's big ass simply couldn't. Everyone has a reason for being there, and no character needs to be important af to the overall plot /all the time/; no story--real or fictional--works like that. And then there are certain tropes and fanservice roles that need to be filled, too. E.g., Bullet's there for leg guys. The plot isn't the be-all/end-all in FGs anyway, even BB.

On 5/10/2016 at 3:34 PM, Airk said:

I think he just did.  I don't think he understands how this works.

9 hours ago, oh no, he said said:

Actually, while slots can be worked around, budgets can't. That's why we have Extend versions, so Arc Sys can get some more juice from the arcades to finish some things that couldn't be worked in the initial version. No person can convince me Celica didn't had at least some concepts rolling when CP1.0 was released. There's even some foreshadowing in Phase 0 when Ragna and Celica are returning to the hotel after the port scene and Celica just sprints up to Ragna so fast that even he gets surprised. I'm not even talking about Jubei in particular, I mean this in a general sense. I think we discussed too much about Jubei already.

I totally agree on mode-change Nu. It was a really, really cool concept, but it wound up falling flat on its face because it was pretty much the worst of both worlds. Of course not everyone got pleased by the split, but I think it helped to flesh out the characters gameplay wise.

Regarding the possible inclusion of Mai, I'm willing to look beyond the fanservice and see if she can really bring out something new to the gameplay department. Considering Mai uses a spear and no one else does, I'm not worried about that.

However, for the supposed finale of Ragna's story, there are too many plot points that are popping up and trying to get playable novel reps for all novels and sidestuff won't help to wrap everything nicely. I don't mind needing another Blazblue game to finally finish things up, but this is the kind of thing that led us to CP not really doing much to the Six Heroes plot despite the hype and the infamous Time Killer Fiasco and Relius breaking down only to appear as usual in CF like nothing ever happened. I'd rather not have any kind of conclusion then. (Except for the Litchi+Arakune drama. no hate, but that particular plot thread is moving at a snail's pace.)

Man, this Jubei talk has been going on for ages. 

I'm interested in Izanami, Nine and Es. I'm not losing sleep if he isn't included.

Here's another person sick of people always bitching about JUBEI in every rumor of a character...! I guess you just can't make people happy. Screw people than. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's another person sick of people always bitching about JUBEI in every rumor of a character...! I guess you just can't make people happy. Screw people than. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk