kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

2 hours ago, Airk said:

My prediction is that Tsubaki will RULE netplay because no one will be able to deal with the new special. ;P

It's blockable as it's very slow. That's not really a threat online. Or I should say it's the same threat as it is offline.

2 hours ago, Zouf said:

It's blockable as it's very slow. That's not really a threat online. Or I should say it's the same threat as it is offline.

Idk. In UMVC3 people still get hit by Spencer overhead and Doom footdive. Spencer's overhead is slow and can be the thrown on reaction while footddive doesn't hit high and is pretty telegraphed so I wouldn't bet on it. 

2 hours ago, Zouf said:

I can count the number of times I've blocked Gauntlet Hades (Discounting hard reads where I didn't react and just went "yeah, he's gonna GH now") in online play on one hand.  Tsuhammer is only a little bit slower and I'm not convinced the startup animation is as noticeable.

Or to put it another way: People get hit by the damn thing offline all the time.  Now add 5 frames of lag.

People are gonna rage.

4 hours ago, Litherain-XIII said:

tsubaki gets a netplay unblockable. alright So when will noel get a dp like Azrael and izayoi?

Spriiing Raaaaaid!!! :v:

From what I've heard, Tsuhammer isn't exactly obvious to see coming, especially the D version with afterimages and stuff, so it helps with the startup frames. It's not exactly "Stop! Hammer Time!" but it isn't stupid obvious like a lot of overheads (Jin's 6A, anyone?) Besides, Overheads aren't supposed to be really fast anyway.

And come on, people blocking in netplay? Beyond holding 1/3? lol. If they get hit it's either lag from netplay, which they should be used to, or lag in their brain, which they should get used to. 

1 hour ago, Volt said:

"Stop! Hammer Time!"

You have to admit that that would make an excellent Exceed Accel though :v:

2 hours ago, Volt said:

Spriiing Raaaaaid!!! :v:

From what I've heard, Tsuhammer isn't exactly obvious to see coming, especially the D version with afterimages and stuff, so it helps with the startup frames. It's not exactly "Stop! Hammer Time!" but it isn't stupid obvious like a lot of overheads (Jin's 6A, anyone?) Besides, Overheads aren't supposed to be really fast anyway.

And come on, people blocking in netplay? Beyond holding 1/3? lol. If they get hit it's either lag from netplay, which they should be used to, or lag in their brain, which they should get used to. 

Jin's 6A is probably the most difficult standing overhead to block in the game, along with lambda's 4B

8 hours ago, Zouf said:

Jin's 6A is probably the most difficult standing overhead to block in the game, along with lambda's 4B

I think some people process it differently - maybe they cue off the sound effect or have a particular eye for the visuals or something, because this isn't the first time I've heard someone say it's easy to block.  And some people claim that Tsubaki 6A and 6B look similar, while I don't think they look the same at all, so... I think different people look at different things.

1 hour ago, Airk said:

I think some people process it differently - maybe they cue off the sound effect or have a particular eye for the visuals or something, because this isn't the first time I've heard someone say it's easy to block.  And some people claim that Tsubaki 6A and 6B look similar, while I don't think they look the same at all, so... I think different people look at different things.

It's the book; The book has a similar motion in each, and also the 6A looks like it should hit low on many characters to boot.  Causes wires to get crossed.

1 hour ago, Airk said:

Doesn't matter how it looks (well it does), but it's 19f startup which is too fast to react easily. Comparatively, "normal" overheads are 24-26f.

It's like saying Millia's overhead is obvious because she transforms into a GIANT MOON LOL. Well, yeah, but you still eat it everytime.

10 minutes ago, Zouf said:

Doesn't matter how it looks (well it does), but it's 19f startup which is too fast to react easily. Comparatively, "normal" overheads are 24-26f.

It's like saying Millia's overhead is obvious because she transforms into a GIANT MOON LOL. Well, yeah, but you still eat it everytime.

But it's not that simple.

Does she transform into a giant moon at frame 1, or frame 17?  A move can have 30 frames of startup and if the first 29 of them look like your character's idle animation, or like a completely different attack, you're not gonna block it much.  That's the thing.  WHEN the visual cue becomes obvious is more important than how fast the startup is, because it effectively dictates when the startup "starts".  You can't start reacting until you've recognized that there is something to react TO.

6 minutes ago, Airk said:

But it's not that simple.

Does she transform into a giant moon at frame 1, or frame 17?  A move can have 30 frames of startup and if the first 29 of them look like your character's idle animation, or like a completely different attack, you're not gonna block it much.  That's the thing.  WHEN the visual cue becomes obvious is more important than how fast the startup is, because it effectively dictates when the startup "starts".  You can't start reacting until you've recognized that there is something to react TO.

TK Bad Moon is a 14 frames overhead (3F jump + 11F Bad Moon), that thing is UNREACTABLE.

2 hours ago, heavymetalmixer said:

TK Bad Moon is a 14 frames overhead (3F jump + 11F Bad Moon), that thing is UNREACTABLE.

Sure. So it doesn't matter in that case.  Doesn't invalidate anything I said though, really. Though actually, you've got a textbook case of an example that PROVES my point.  14 frames isn't that much under average human reaction time for a visual stimulus (.23 seconds for Bad Moon vs .25 for average human reactions).  But things like jump startup are basically unseeable, so you don't get to start reacting until it's too late, because by the time there's actually a visual cue to react to, you've probably got more like 9 frames to react in.

Also,

2 hours ago, Narroo said:

It's the book; The book has a similar motion in each, and also the 6A looks like it should hit low on many characters to boot.  Causes wires to get crossed.

The book is the most obviously different part about those animations.  It floats right out in front of her when she does 6A.

7 hours ago, Airk said:

Sure. So it doesn't matter in that case.  Doesn't invalidate anything I said though, really. Though actually, you've got a textbook case of an example that PROVES my point.  14 frames isn't that much under average human reaction time for a visual stimulus (.23 seconds for Bad Moon vs .25 for average human reactions).  But things like jump startup are basically unseeable, so you don't get to start reacting until it's too late, because by the time there's actually a visual cue to react to, you've probably got more like 9 frames to react in.

Also,

The book is the most obviously different part about those animations.  It floats right out in front of her when she does 6A.

It stills out in front of her.  It's strange, I know.  Also, I swear that her 6A looks like it's attacking your feet.  If you're playing tager it's actually attacking his shins - oh my.

Its not as obvious as most overheads, which makes a bit of a pain in the ass. Especially on netplay, most of the time I just kinda guess when online against her.

Nice catch Tokkan.

Considering the timing, there's a good chance Aksys is prepping the official NA BBCF website for E3. Maybe if we're lucky, they'll reveal something new at E3 or show off Es gameplay (Kind of doubt it though).

1 minute ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

December?! Oh god! Why so long for localization? GG is only a week.

Considering it says December 30th I'm going to guess that it's a place holder date, and the actual release is yet to be announced/determined. It's pretty common for amazon to do that (See FF7 remake, last guardian, etc.)

Nice catch Tokkan.

Considering the timing, there's a good chance Aksys is prepping the official NA BBCF website for E3. Maybe if we're lucky, they'll reveal something new at E3 or show off Es gameplay (Kind of doubt it though).

1 minute ago, MLSTRM said:

Considering it says December 30th I'm going to guess that it's a place holder date, and the actual release is yet to be announced/determined. It's pretty common for amazon to do that (See FF7 remake, last guardian, etc.)

I almost got scared with that, sheesh. Anyway, I hope you're right, because 3 months for NA release, it is a little too far, no?

1 minute ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

December?! Oh god! Why so long for localization? GG is only a week.

First, it's only a place holder date, it could be sooner.
And second, there is a big difference to translate 19 arcade stories and 2-5 hours story mode vs 94 arcade stories and 40 hours story mode.

BlazBlue takes a whole lot longer time to translate then GG.