kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

It is very common practice to refer to the winter you're talking about by its year. It still refers to the time period from late December- late March. 

17 minutes ago, werewolfgold said:

wat

"Brace yourselves, brawlers! Aksys Games and Arc System Works proudly announce that BlazBlue: Central Fiction is coming to the PS4 and PS3 Winter 2016!"

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/05/27/blazblue-central-fiction-launches-this-winter-on-ps4-ps3/

My mistake. I was looking at the tweets.

Now I'm more worried though. If we don't have a Japanese release date yet that would mean a later release date (I doubt we wouldn't have heard by now if it's September). Considering the absolute longest spacing between a fall and winter 2016 release is about 4 months (beginning of September to end of December), and mid-October or later being likely for Japan, we are left with four explanations (that I can think of) for the short turnover. One, Aksys has had a lot more time for localization and has made significant progress (I see no reason why they couldn't be allowed to start translating Arcade Mode since it's already been released). Two, wishful thinking, Aksys's localization has suddenly become god-tier and can get it done that fast. Three, they'll dub it but rush the translation, resulting in mistranslations (more than usual). Four, my personal nightmare, they'll sacrifice the dub for a quicker release. I hope I'm just overthinking this.

On a similar note, do you think they'll keep the inevitable Library Mode this time? The fact that it was in CPEX means their initial excuse about it being too hard was bs but will they axe it for time since it would add one more major piece to the localization?

A lot of the Library will probably be re-used from last time. Unless they have to double the amount of entries or something, it should be a little easier on them this time.

3 hours ago, Ogiga99 said:

My mistake. I was looking at the tweets.

Now I'm more worried though. If we don't have a Japanese release date yet that would mean a later release date (I doubt we wouldn't have heard by now if it's September). Considering the absolute longest spacing between a fall and winter 2016 release is about 4 months (beginning of September to end of December), and mid-October or later being likely for Japan, we are left with four explanations (that I can think of) for the short turnover. One, Aksys has had a lot more time for localization and has made significant progress (I see no reason why they couldn't be allowed to start translating Arcade Mode since it's already been released). Two, wishful thinking, Aksys's localization has suddenly become god-tier and can get it done that fast. Three, they'll dub it but rush the translation, resulting in mistranslations (more than usual). Four, my personal nightmare, they'll sacrifice the dub for a quicker release. I hope I'm just overthinking this.

On a similar note, do you think they'll keep the inevitable Library Mode this time? The fact that it was in CPEX means their initial excuse about it being too hard was bs but will they axe it for time since it would add one more major piece to the localization?

About those explanations, one and two are plausible, especially two. As I said before, GG have a shorter time to JP to NA release, even knowing Blazblue have around 10 times more story mode than Revelator, but come on, can't they do the dub simultaneously with NA? The explanation three can happen as well, at NA release, which happened sometimes, if I am not wrong. The last one... I don't think they would cut the dub, I mean, it is one of the things that makes Blazblue funny and what makes people who doesn't like something like a visual novel bearable, we have a long time listening/reading story mode. Having no sound would make it really boring, even with people (most of us here) desesperate to know what is happening in the game story.

at this point i just wish they would make a comment about the bbcf dub so i can get through the anger/relief that comes with it

Meanwhile, on Steam... Look guys, Arc Sys is releasing some Uniel thingy!:yaaay:

Seriously, I just hope I don't have to wait a year (Or worse, Extend and then a year) to get CF. PS3 version costs almost the triple without factoring DLC and Steam Launch discounts and until now not a single word was heard about Steam. This is looking pretty bad.

So Dengeki Playstation will have a stream on June the 9th about their July event, and there will be a part in it of about Central Fiction with Mori and Es' voice actor appearing in.
Could there perhaps be some Es gameplay in that stream? Haven't heard anything new since April after all.

Youtube stream

Hopefully we get some footage. Otherwise, when do you think we can expect some more infos on it?
The wait is hard :v

1 hour ago, Juraya said:

Hopefully we get some footage. Otherwise, when do you think we can expect some more infos on it?
The wait is hard :v

I have no idea. I expected there to be some info in May, but it never came. So it's not like it would be too soon for new info or anything, so I hope for at least a release date every week now...

Nothing really announced at the Dengeki stream, other than Es will be playable at Dengeki's event on the 24th of July for 100 people.

qT0RQ0G.png

31 minutes ago, Zedar90 said:

Nothing really announced at the Dengeki stream, other than Es will be playable at Dengeki's event on the 24th of July for 100 people.

What might also be interesting is that he refused to specify the number of characters that will appear in Central Fiction, as that would be saying too much (something along those lines?).

Doesn't have to mean anything, but... you know.

Expecting Es, the transgender character from Remix heart (sorry don't know their name but it's the character in Zedar90's avatar), and maybe 1 more? Not going to saying it could or could not be a certain cat... We all know how that conversation goes here. lol >.>

Don't quote me on this, but doesn't Blazblue have a thing about balancing the male-to-female character ratio in each iteration? If so then the likelihood of another male character joining the fray might be a tad higher, assuming Mai makes the roster, that is. Unless there's some weird technicality where Mai counts as a male or something... Anyway, that's all I have to say on this matter, because if memory serves, it's forbidden.

2 hours ago, MoneyD90 said:

Expecting Es, the transgender character from Remix heart (sorry don't know their name but it's the character in Zedar90's avatar), and maybe 1 more? Not going to saying it could or could not be a certain cat... We all know how that conversation goes here. lol >.>

Her name is Mai Natsume.

46 minutes ago, Fenris said:

Don't quote me on this, but doesn't Blazblue have a thing about balancing the male-to-female character ratio in each iteration? If so then the likelihood of another male character joining the fray might be a tad higher, assuming Mai makes the roster, that is. Unless there's some weird technicality where Mai counts as a male or something... Anyway, that's all I have to say on this matter, because if memory serves, it's forbidden.

Mai counts as female. By completely fusing with the Nameless Grimoire she has pretty much permanently become female and grown to accept that.

You are correct about the gender balance. The male-to-female ratio was 7-5 for CT, for 10-9 for CS, 14-14 for CP and 16-17 for CF (with what we currently know of the console version). Granted, this is just going by the total number of characters up through the Extend releases (for example, CP's console release, before Kokonoe DLC, had 14-11) but also the female side temporarily lost a character due to Nu and Lambda trading places. Currently the Arcade characters balance out at 2-2, with Es being the only known console character and thus it's unclear how she'll affect the ratio.

1 hour ago, TekkamanArk said:

Probably Es, Mai, and Kajun. Gotta add all the waifus.

What is your fixation on waifus? Are all non-evil female characters waifus with no other reason to be in the game? As said above the ratio has either been equal or slightly more men so your guess is completely unfounded. Aside from the one known console character, the ratio is currently even so they're not going to completely tip the scales. I have no idea why on earth you think Kajun would be the one added in because she really isn't that important. One Remix Heart character (if Mai even makes it in) is certainly enough and keeps with each spinoff getting one character. If anything, Trinity has the best chance since she is very important to the plot and now has her own body. There are also several relevant male characters that could be added (the oft-compained about Jubei, Terumi with a new vessel, Tenjou if Ragna pulls his soul from the Lynchpin etc.). CF is the conclusion of Ragna's story, the culmination of everything that has come before. Do you honestly think that Mori has "all the waifus" on his mind right now?

1 hour ago, Ogiga99 said:

Terumi with a new vessel,

I think that should be Terumi's unlimited form instead of a new slot, but should that be talked about more in the story thread?

9 minutes ago, GF9Returns said:

I think that should be Terumi's unlimited form instead of a new slot, but should that be talked about more in the story thread?

There isn't any thread for character speculation/wishes, so there is no place where it really belongs now, is it?

11 minutes ago, GF9Returns said:

Depends what the new vessel is. Term's expressed interest in retaking the Susano'o Unit, Hazama isn't working well for him and he needs Hihiirokane to obtain his vessel so who knows what could happen. The issue is whether or not he can get a vessel that would keep his appearance the same, which is necessary for a simple Unlimited form. At the very least, Tsubaki and Izayoi proves that a new character being a power-up of an existing one isn't impossible.

The thread is a bit iffy when it comes to something like this. On the plot thread we aren't supposed to talk about who might become playable so while the concept of Terumi's new vessel came up, it never translated into whether or not he could be playable. On the other other hand, this thread does occasionally bring up potential characters and part of what determines if they are realistic or not is the events of the story. Inevitably some story will bleed through since there is significant overlap (after all it is story prominence that makes people like Jubei and Trinity unquestionably more likely candidates than Linhua or Bang Subordinate C). Either way I didn't intend for this to be speculation that would be expanded upon and discussed since that can get ugly sometimes. I was just bringing up a possibility as an example.

6 hours ago, MoneyD90 said:

Not going to saying it could or could not be a certain cat... We all know how that conversation goes here. lol >.>

I suppose that you are speaking about discussion between pages 125-131. It would be better to not repeat it ;)

6 hours ago, TekkamanArk said:

I might know how you feel because there is too much "fanservice" in the anime (especially in those without manga-prototype) and in the Japanese video games since 2009 so it's just oppresive. Many are people complaining about it what is understandable but on the other hand:

1. Comics publishers like Marvel or DC had been spreading some kind of "fanservice" way before this "phenomena" started in Japan.
  2. A lot of modern mainstream music videos expose "nudity"
  3. Mori isn't responsible which characters are going to be playable or not.
  4. It's still better to have a female "waifus" instead of "trap"-characters like Noel-Prototype from Guilty Gear -> Bridget (Amane acts and looks definitely too manly to be perceived as crossdresser(?). He is some parallel bishōnen)
  5. These waifus at least have a personality and role in the story. They are not only here to show theirs "attributes".
  6. Mainly Mai and Makoto were used in the Remix Heart's "fanservice" gags/scenes/whatever.
  7. The "nudity" in the pop culture isn't the issue exclusive for Japan. Nowadays the whole pop culture has it.

I think that a nice surprise would be Clavis in his prime time as a playable character. A strong, rush char with some projectiles moves.

9 hours ago, TekkamanArk said:

Unfortunately, I don't think so. As Fenris and Ogiga stated, truly there has a balance between characters and having slightly more males? (Really? I thought it was females which had more) We can have something new in this ratio, but an addition of 5 woman against 2 men? Nah, I don't think it will be possible, mate. With this new manga it is very possible to Mai come to the game. If I am not wrong, hasn't Bloodedge Experience started a little before the announcement/launch of CF?

So, it is possible to have another waifu, but just one more, and one male char. Truly, we have some strong candidates, but I don't think they're possible, like Clavis [Kenji stated it], he is dead, only if someone revives him, plus, it would be outta nowhere; the "new" Terumi form with Susanoo or another vessel. First, we don't know if he will get the new vessel and second, despise of maining Terumi, it annoys me that this "new form" probably will be a pseudo-clone character, with similarities with Hakumen, or even himself. And let's not start this Jubei discussion again, please.

9 hours ago, TekkamanArk said:

Unfortunately, I don't think so. As Fenris and Ogiga stated, truly there has a balance between characters and having slightly more males? (Really? I thought it was females which had more) We can have something new in this ratio, but an addition of 5 woman against 2 men? Nah, I don't think it will be possible, mate. With this new manga it is very possible to Mai come to the game. If I am not wrong, hasn't Bloodedge Experience started a little before the announcement/launch of CF?

So, it is possible to have another waifu, but just one more, and one male char. Truly, we have some strong candidates, but I don't think they're possible, like Clavis [Kenji stated it], he is dead, only if someone revives him, plus, it would be outta nowhere; the "new" Terumi form with Susanoo or another vessel. First, we don't know if he will get the new vessel and second, despise of maining Terumi, it annoys me that this "new form" probably will be a pseudo-clone character, with similarities with Hakumen, or even himself. And let's not start this Jubei discussion again, please.

10 hours ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Truly, we have some strong candidates, but I don't think they're possible, like Clavis [Kenji stated it], he is dead, only if someone revives him,

Yeah... In Clavis' case the BlazBlue construction might be troublesome: I mean all playable characters has a role in the "Story" so he would need at least some plot in the Arcade. It could be even one "Act" like probably Es is going to have. The "Story Mode" isn't that problem because Clavis could appear as a wraith/spirit/voice/whatever but the "Arcade".

6 hours ago, heavymetalmixer said:

Don't forget about Tarou.

I am afraid that Taro thanks to his abilities might become a mid-range zoner (similiar to Amane) or some combination between zoner and grappler (BlazBlue doesn't have that kind of character). In the first case we have several zoners: Lambda, Mu, Nu, Amane, Rachel and mixed one Litchi (I have excluded chars with projectile moves) so I think it's enough? The second seems to be little more interesting: Taro would be able to pull enemies by his strings from med/long distance  and do some special throws, chain throws (depends from meter), shock them with electricity etc. However these "pulling-moves" shouldn't be able to block/cancel too easy. Another grappler who is potentially faster, more agile and more universal than Tager would be fresh. 

1 hour ago, Trustonpark said:

No love for Alpha? It's almost like ppl forgot about her

Another Murakumo isn't necessary. However:

Spoiler

I perceive that Mori's Alpha-01 Apocalpyse vision more like a playable character in the next BB game. Well...  I think about it not as a "what will happen if Ragna and Nu acknowledge each other" but more as an another (neutral) way to safe both Ranga and Saya life so: it could be a new Kusanagi in the future game (it only depends if Saya is a Murakumo or not).

I hate to be this guy, but remember that character wishlisting is pretty frowned upon. I get it, we're all excited for the possibility of Mai and other RH/VH-exclusive characters but we just have to wait and see until something happens.