kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

3 minutes ago, MoneyD90 said:

Odd.. Why are people hanging out in the story mode section if you don't want to know about the story? >.>

IIRC, people didn't want to know the story until NA release, with the exclusion of any new arcade, probably because we won't have our version at the same time as JP. Or even big heavy spoilers, but since the whole story section is a huge spoiler, then due to how big the Story mode is claimed to be and people want to experience everything by themselves to share later, something between those line, y'know?

It was some months ago, like 2 months, I think, so I don't know if people kept this.

2 hours ago, Zedar90 said:

??? Do you mean talk about spoilers and answer questions about the story? Probably.

Exactly Zedar-sama.

Good to know. I probably won't be able to wait because I am just so curious to see

weeaboo side mode on

Spoiler

what is going to happen to my precious, pure-hearted, green eyed angel whose name is Noel...

weeaboo side mode off

1 hour ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

I guess since console release was announced, we mentioned something like No Story Mode spoiler until NA release.

All is not lost yet cause Zedar has a blog.

Like I said several pages before I was thinking about JP version but the gap won't be that HUGE between NA and EU players (I excluded Japanese who are playing on Arcade version) to convince me to buy it. Especially If the game is going to have a long life span so it's a matter of time to square with JP players too.

However I have another dilemma: buy a PS3 version or PS4 version or maybe both? I am considering the last option.

Oh, hey, some actual Es gameplay info!

- Wield the two-hit sword techniques and self-buffs

Es is a character with many standard moves that's easy to use. She's quite agile, so using her really gives you the feeling of speed. Her unique "Drive" ability make "Crests" appear after her sword attacks, which you can then turn into another attack by using "Crest Arts". Make full use of her great sword and Drive double hits to grasp victory!

Drive: Crest Arts
Es unleashes a broad sword swing at Nine. Crest Arts is possible after a Crest appears from this attack...

A Crest with a hitbox appears, hitting the opponent again! A tricky two-hit combo that combines a sword swing and a Crest attack.

3 minutes ago, SoWL said:

Es Info

Thanks for the quick translation SoWL! Her drive sort of reminds me of Bullet's Heat Engage system, adapted to sword slashes. Hopefully her Crest Arts have as much diverse properties as Bullet's Heat Engages.

I haven't the slightest idea what this Crest Arts thing is (seems a little like Bedman with his repeated moves?), but it'd be great to see it in action.

Overdrive: Type:Amplifier "Avalon" (gives more hits to Crest Arts)
Exceed Accel: Type:Braver "Lancelot" (spiky pillars)

Specials:
Type:Enchanter "Bors" (buffs other specials)
Type:Slasher "Griflet" (Rising attack, buffed version gives followup from Crests)
Type:Slasher "Mordred" (Advancing slashing attack. Buffed version gives follow up from Crests)
Type:Shooter "Breunor" (Projectile move, has air version and a "cross" version where performing twice in a row combines the two projectiles into one)

Supers
Type:Enchanter "Percival" (Install move, temporarily gives automatic access to the same buffs you'd normally only have one use of from "Bors")
Type:Shooter "Palamedes" (Giant projectile super, has different properties depending on button and whether on ground or in air)

So, she has long range and buff herself, right? But i didn't understand her Drive, does it means that every time a Crest appears she can cancel with her Drive?

Looks like her specials are named after Arthurian knights. No wonder they call her mini-Saber. We already have Caster (Nine), Assassin (Hibiki) and Lancer (Mai). :roboky:

It looks like Es is included in the base game, and the first-print bonus is just allowing you to skip having to unlock her. See Sourenga's reply.

1 minute ago, Tokkan said:

It looks like Es is included in the base game, and the first-print bonus is just allowing you to skip having to unlock her.

Let me guess: complete Story mode?

I wonder if the buffed versions will suffer from smp if an unbuffed version was used previously in a combo.

On that same line of thought, would the cross version of her fireball also smp from the normal one?

20 minutes ago, Tokkan said:

It looks like Es is included in the base game, and the first-print bonus is just allowing you to skip having to unlock her.

ArcSys sure has succeeded in making this seem complicated. Just opened Amazon product page outright says Es is a DLC character.
tumblr_o8tn46bgPw1uxyjyco1_250.png

You're right. Ugh. Though I do remember some publications referring to Raven as DLC (even though you can unlock him).

It sounds like her drive means:

A) You do a sword move (Probably with D?) and a Crest appears (I'm imagining these as actual visible things on the playing field, but who knows)

B) You do something, and the Crest does an "attack" of sorts (and is probably consumed in the process).

I can see this being useful for combos but also for space control.

If my reading is right, it's not like Bullet's system at all. (P.S. Bullet's Heat Up is just a bad rip off of Tsubaki's drive. :P)

What made it sound a bit like Bullet's Drive to me is the part about "Drive Double Hits" that happen when the Button is pressed again after a Drive attack. It made it sound like it is some sort of follow-up attack.

But all this speculating does for me is raise hype-levels to new heights. I can't wait!

3 hours ago, Tokkan said:

Overdrive: Type:Amplifier "Avalon" (gives more hits to Crest Arts)
Exceed Accel: Type:Braver "Lancelot" (spiky pillars)

Specials:
Type:Enchanter "Bors" (buffs other specials)
Type:Slasher "Griflet" (Rising attack, buffed version gives followup from Crests)
Type:Slasher "Mordred" (Advancing slashing attack. Buffed version gives follow up from Crests)
Type:Shooter "Breunor" (Projectile move, has air version and a "cross" version where performing twice in a row combines the two projectiles into one)

Supers
Type:Enchanter "Percival" (Install move, temporarily gives automatic access to the same buffs you'd normally only have one use of from "Bors")
Type:Shooter "Palamedes" (Giant projectile super, has different properties depending on button and ground/air)

Better descriptions, sorry.

I basically see two ways how it works:

- Her Drive are simple two-part normals, like Tsubaki's.

- Her Drive leaves those sword traces that you can activate to attack again, like Bedman does.

Since the latter sounds more fun (and since we already have Tsubaki), it seems more likely to be how it works to me.