kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

The reason I compared it to Bullet's Heat Engage system is because there seems to be more emphasis being placed on choosing whether to "activate" the crest art of an attack as you do them and that they can have a very significant impact when activated strategically similar to doing the Engage followups of Bullet's specials and drive

Activating the Crest Art doesn't necessarily mean that Es needs to force herself into a followup motion herself so I don't really think it's like Tsubaki's normals. The order of importance of the attacks is also reversed. In Tsubaki's case, usually the first attack is the most noteworthy and the followup not so much.

Since we don't see a listing in her specials to activate the Crest Arts, there's a good chance that the D button will probably be the designated one button activation of Crests. Because of this, I don't think it'll quite work like Bedman's Deja Vu either, which worked because you could activate specific deja vu markers with different special inputs. The crest will probably only last for a set duration of Es recovery animation and will probably disappear when you do another attack so that the next Crest can appear Also, the crest arts also don't necessarily need to have the same properties or behavior as the initial slash.

But this is all speculation on my part. Maybe the full Famitsu article will give better details.

The scans are here:

From what I can see, they don't really explain the Drive in any more detail.

A FAST SWORDMASTER?!?!

But really though. What does that mean towards playstyle? Aren't there already plenty of fast sword people in this game?

3 hours ago, SoWL said:

I basically see two ways how it works:

- Her Drive are simple two-part normals, like Tsubaki's.

- Her Drive leaves those sword traces that you can activate to attack again, like Bedman does.

Since the latter sounds more fun (and since we already have Tsubaki), it seems more likely to be how it works to me.

I can definitely see the second description being the case. Infer back to Es' first Famitsu scans where a bluish-white design/pattern could be seen following the path of her slashes. Her slashes are probably likely to "trace" a sort of "line" that would then serve as a path from which the follow-up would come again (or be copied?). Like, say, if she were to slash upward, the follow up might involve her slashing downward along the trajectory of the traced path, which is likely the aforementioned "bluish-white design/pattern" thing. Chances are the said "bluish-white designs/patterns" are these purported "crests." I'll recall back to those old Famitsu scans once again: there was this sort of hourglass-like pattern shown following the trajectory of her slash; I wonder what properties this will have.

They also revealed a Hori Fightstick and Hori Fightpad with BlazBlue designs:

Spoiler

61%2BqPJ%2B2YRL._SL1000_.jpg61E%2BjC5kD7L._SL1000_.jpg

And here is a list of pre-order items, only sketches: (A bit NSFW) (For bigger images or if they don't show up visit the website: http://www.4gamer.net/games/341/G034109/20160616118/)

Spoiler

Amazon:  011.jpg

Imagine-Web:  012.jpg

Ebten:  013.jpg

GEO:   014.jpg

Arc-Online:  015.jpg

Joshin-Web:  016.jpg

Sofmap:  017.jpg

Furu1:  018.jpg

Rakuten-Online:  019.jpg

WonderGOO:  020.jpg

Edited by Danaiden

On 6/15/2016 at 0:57 PM, Airk said:

(P.S. Bullet's Heat Up is just a bad rip off of Tsubaki's drive. :P)

No it isn't.

Also, since some people are wondering given the proximity of the release dates if this is a sign of CF not having an English dub, recall that CS's Japanese and English releases were only a month apart and it had full English voice acting.

12 minutes ago, Orihalcon said:

No it isn't.

Also, since some people are wondering given the proximity of the release dates if this is a sign of CF not having an English dub, recall that CS's Japanese and English releases were only a month apart and it had full English voice acting.

That was during the time Aksys was doing localization work for Blazblue that we got the games out quickly as they came out in Japan. Ever since Strangely Compelling took over that hasn't been the case.

So no console characters on CF I mean Es is dlc but no other console characters I wonder it is because of spoilers.

5 hours ago, Orihalcon said:

No it isn't.

Right.  You get "charges" by either doing something risky in neutral (afterburner) or doing specific combos that allow you to gain it, and then you spend those "charges" to get what are essentially better versions of your special moves.  I don't see any similarity there at all. :P

Look, I'm not saying the characters aren't different, and Bullet's "lock on" stuff (when used as something more than a combo part) is pretty interesting, but the heat up stuff? C'mon.  I swear the only reason they didn't give her a gauge for her heat levels (instead deciding to make you/your opponent depend on being able to tell the difference between "orange" and "darker orange") is to help conceal how much of a ripoff it is. :P

3 hours ago, Toxin45 said:

So no console characters on CF I mean Es is dlc but no other console characters I wonder it is because of spoilers.

We are still quite a bit away from October. Who knows if something is announced along the way.

8 hours ago, Airk said:

Right.  You get "charges" by either doing something risky in neutral (afterburner) or doing specific combos that allow you to gain it, and then you spend those "charges" to get what are essentially better versions of your special moves.  I don't see any similarity there at all. :P

Look, I'm not saying the characters aren't different, and Bullet's "lock on" stuff (when used as something more than a combo part) is pretty interesting, but the heat up stuff? C'mon.  I swear the only reason they didn't give her a gauge for her heat levels (instead deciding to make you/your opponent depend on being able to tell the difference between "orange" and "darker orange") is to help conceal how much of a ripoff it is. :P

Bullet's drive also gives her more mobility and can be used to chase down opponents or for additional pressure. Tsubaki's can only be used for her specials and you either need a knockdown, overdrive, or in safe situations to get charge while you can constantly regain heat during Bullet's combos. Not to mention Bullet's is an actual attack. 

On 6/17/2016 at 5:25 PM, BB2012 said:

Bullet's drive also gives her more mobility and can be used to chase down opponents or for additional pressure. Tsubaki's can only be used for her specials and you either need a knockdown, overdrive, or in safe situations to get charge while you can constantly regain heat during Bullet's combos. Not to mention Bullet's is an actual attack. 

Did you read the 2nd paragraph? :P

That said, the combination of Heat Up and Lock On is like Chocolate and Spaghetti - they're both good ideas, but they make a weird combination and aren't really related in any way.   The fact that Bullet has a drive that allows her to move and attack is clever, tying it to a knockoff charge mechanic, not so much.

Also, sorry, but I don't think you know very much about Tsubaki. There are plenty of combos for her that give charge as you go.

I like the Boxart of the BBCF LE. Best girl Rachel on the box again ^,^ Can't wait for them to censor what little leg is being shown again for the NA release >.>