kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

On June 21, 2016 at 8:55 AM, Airk said:

Did you read the 2nd paragraph? :P

That said, the combination of Heat Up and Lock On is like Chocolate and Spaghetti - they're both good ideas, but they make a weird combination and aren't really related in any way.   The fact that Bullet has a drive that allows her to move and attack is clever, tying it to a knockoff charge mechanic, not so much.

Also, sorry, but I don't think you know very much about Tsubaki. There are plenty of combos for her that give charge as you go.

I main Tsubaki and I can say from playing and watching videos of her top players from Japan that charging after her combos is not as prevalent compared to bullet or even Order Sol in GG. As for the 2nd paragraph,if you're going to do that, you might as well call Tsubaki's drive a bad ripoff of HOS if just having a charge makes them the same. That also goes for every EX move in existence since Tsubaki's drive specials are just glorified EX moves like in Street Fighter but use a separate meter instead. As for tying it to a charge, how else would you incorporate it into her drive without making it more tedious or changing up her design completely? It's not like she has to manually charge it like Tsubaki does. In fact, most bullets only charge once or twice a round and get most heat levels from hitting her opponents since the charge animation in previous versions was easy to interrupt. 

Lots of people DID say that. It's a legitimate complaint. Heck, Arc Sys themselves has made the joke. Fortunately, however, Order Sol isn't IN this game. :P

No, not on the 30th. The 30th is the last day for submissions of material to be used in the various segments. The new Bururaji is likely at the end of July.

Wait a sec.... You mean a current version of Blaz might actually come out in a timely manner here?? Someone must be trolling us. :v:

Wow. I didn't see that coming. Pretty good news.

Maybe this will be the first time I buy a european version of the game lol.

... Probably not though, I'll buy the JP version :\

6 hours ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

What are the in-game differences between EU and US? Because then, I can try to buy an EU version

Nothing really, its the same version regardless, unless they don't bother to add additional language support for EU releases. And as usual, the DLC regional BS's.

Either way, since EU Xrd Revelator came the same week as the US, hopefully chances will be the same for CF here too.

So the wait is going to be less than 3 months huh. I would assume the US version would have to come out at the same time or before since the US does the localization. The gap between Japanese and Western releases most likely being longer than the two weeks for Xrd Revelator alleviates my fears that they wouldn't dub the game.

1 minute ago, Narroo said:

Hm, maybe the wait won't be long because they've decided to cut out the dub.  (Hey, they did it with GG.)

I have to agree with you, plus many people often listens to JP dub rather than US. Yeah, that's a possibility...

This might be hyperbole but I'd honestly feel betrayed if they decide not to dub the game. Skipping the dub to shorten the release gap seems like catering solely to the gameplay fans who just want the game immediately since the translation doesn't matter to them (and who are more likely to import the Japanese version because of this). CF is a climax eight years in the making so to suddenly ignore all the fans who like the story (or even play the game solely because of it since their not fighting game fans) would be really stupid and insulting.

9 minutes ago, Ogiga99 said:

This might be hyperbole but I'd honestly feel betrayed if they decide not to dub the game. Skipping the dub to shorten the release gap seems like catering solely to the gameplay fans who just want the game immediately since the translation doesn't matter to them (and who are more likely to import the Japanese version because of this). CF is a climax eight years in the making so to suddenly ignore all the fans who like the story (or even play the game solely because of it since their not fighting game fans) would be really stupid and insulting.

Or, you know, they could be saving the dubbing for BBCF (Extend+++ Revelator the 2nd Coming)

I suspect you're forgetting how BBCP had no library mode, only for it to reappear in BBCP:Extend.

38 minutes ago, Ogiga99 said:

No dubs doesn't mean no subs, and Blazblue has more texts than voices.

Even if it's the norm for visual novels to typically feature only Japanese voices (I don't know if it is, so it's just an assumption), BlazBlue caters to more than just visual novel fans (it's a fighting game first, visual novel second), many of whom would prefer to have English voices for the parts of the game where the dialogue actually matters.

I really hope they have dubs eventually.