kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

1 hour ago, zephyr07 said:

Or, you know, they could be saving the dubbing for BBCF (Extend+++ Revelator the 2nd Coming)

I suspect you're forgetting how BBCP had no library mode, only for it to reappear in BBCP:Extend.

Saving the entire dub for Extend wouldn't me much better. Story fans aren't going to wait a year for Extend so they're still getting shafted and experiencing the story for the first time in conditions they don't like. Not to mention that the game is really long I don't want to be forced to read everying, especially when it can be pretty dense.

i did not forget about Library Mode, but that is a far less significant loss than the dub. There are people who get the Japanese version who will be willing to translate Library Mode forcus so we could still get the material. The dub on the other hand is a part of the entire experience that will be a noticeable omission. This might not even happen again since the bs reason they gave last time (it's too hard to translate) has been proven false.

Then again, Aksys Games did not localize the original Chronophantasma.

No one has any right to whine about the lack of a dub when localization companies have forced what have almost always been bad-to-mediocre dubs on players for more than a decade with no option for a Japanese voice track.

idk. Blaz dubs have been really good IMO. The only character I tend to have issues with is what they did with Bang's voice but other then that all the characters seem well done in my book. Hopefully, they were just smart this time and started working on everything early so both sides can just pick what they want to listen to.

I think Bang's voice is more of an issue of familiarity with the previous VA. I don't think there would be many (if any at all) complaints if we just had the CP Bang VA from the start.

Ya see, I was fine with Xrd:R not having a dub, but if ASW decides to drop the dub for this one, oooh, there'll be some boycottin'. And for the record(cuz I know there will be this one guy who has a problem with it), nobody's forcing you to like the dub or anything, I'm just saying to respect my desire of hoping the dub will come while I respect yours about preferring subs over dubs.

Anyways, about the gameplay, are there any news on some unlimited character yet?

7 hours ago, redsilversnake said:

No one has any right to whine about the lack of a dub when localization companies have forced what have almost always been bad-to-mediocre dubs on players for more than a decade with no option for a Japanese voice track.

What? That makes no sense. Just because there have been bad dubs in the past we aren't allowed to like dubs at all, especially good ones? And by the way, BlazBlue has both language tracks so your complaint doesn't even apply. Besides dubs haven't been consistently bad in over a decade so wake up. You're also ignoring the two major factors behind dubs. One, many games', and especially older ones', memory limitations would prevent the localization from adding a whole new language track. Two, you might be surprised by this, but shockingly, in a game released to a general western audience, the majority of people want to have the game in their own language instead of staring at subtitles the entire time, especially in things like RPG's and visual novels. Also, since you're clearly stuck in the early 2000's with your blind dub hatred, you forgot that demand for the original language track was much lower since the internet hadn't allowed for the universal spread of subbed anime that led to interest in the Japanese track in the first place. And all of this completely falls apart when BlazBlue does have a solid dub in every regard (except Steve Kramer Bang but apparently Tony Oliver requested he take over the role so what can you do). The biggest problem with BlazBlue localization has always been it's translation and scripting that misses important details or is sometimes flat out wrong (Origin of the Grimoire seriously, even my kindergarden level Japanese is enough for me to instantly recognize that it's wrong). Taking out the dub leaves us with only the weakest part of the localization, a flawed script that we're going to have to stare at for dozens of hours without strong performances to hide it.

"People have had to put up with shit dubs due to a lack of alternatives" is not the same as "there being shit dubs nullifies liking any dub whatsoever." Learn how to infer.

4 hours ago, GF9Returns said:

Ya see, I was fine with Xrd:R not having a dub, but if ASW decides to drop the dub for this one, oooh, there'll be some boycottin'. And for the record(cuz I know there will be this one guy who has a problem with it), nobody's forcing you to like the dub or anything, I'm just saying to respect my desire of hoping the dub will come while I respect yours about preferring subs over dubs.

Anyways, about the gameplay, are there any news on some unlimited character yet?

If I remember correctly only nine and izanami has had their unlimited shown so far. Being that they are the new characters. The rest has yet to be revealed from my knowledge.

1 minute ago, TD said:

If I remember correctly only nine and izanami has had their unlimited shown so far. Being that they are the new characters. The rest has yet to be revealed from my knowledge.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't most of unilimited like having a 24/7 overdrive active, with some other modifications? And also activating another overdrive for the ultimate distortion

1 hour ago, redsilversnake said:

"People have had to put up with shit dubs due to a lack of alternatives" is not the same as "there being shit dubs nullifies liking any dub whatsoever." Learn how to infer.

How am I supposed to infer that when that is not at all what you said? You did say the second one as a derision of us wanting the dub, not a statement of dubs having been lackluster in the past, which is irrelevant to the conversation anyway because BlazBlue does not fall into that category. Let's look at your quote again.

10 hours ago, redsilversnake said:

You're words were "No one has any right to whine whatsoever" because of those bad dubs (also I love how you use the word whine as if to dismiss anyone who likes the dub as not having a legitimate complaint) our desire for any dub, good or bad, is invalidated. You explicitly said that the existance of bad dubs negates our right to want them. You did not just say there are bad dubs as you are pretending to have now. You are directly linking the existence of bad dubs, and if you think dubs are "almost always" bad you've been living under a rock for 15 years (seriously, name me one dub that is not average at worst that has come out in the last five years), to our desire to have one. To you our opinions don't matter because localization isn't perfect, the bad outweighs the good, so even if you never directly say we can't like dubs, you're still denying our enjoyment of them by saying we are wrong for wanting them. Generally when people want something it's because they like it, so if wanting them is bad, doesn't that imply the underlying reason for doing so, liking them, is also bad?

If I'm to judge based off of twitter conversations at the time, recording of BBCP Extend's dub (at least for story mode stuff) started slightly over 2 months before JP release and ended 1 and a half months before JP release.

6 hours ago, Tokkan said:

If I'm to judge based off of twitter conversations at the time, recording of BBCP Extend's dub (at least for story mode stuff) started slightly over 2 months before JP release and ended 1 and a half months before JP release.

Half a month to record the dub? That's awful.

8 hours ago, Ogiga99 said:

How am I supposed to infer that when that is not at all what you said? You did say the second one as a derision of us wanting the dub, not a statement of dubs having been lackluster in the past, which is irrelevant to the conversation anyway because BlazBlue does not fall into that category. Let's look at your quote again.

You're words were "No one has any right to whine whatsoever" because of those bad dubs (also I love how you use the word whine as if to dismiss anyone who likes the dub as not having a legitimate complaint) our desire for any dub, good or bad, is invalidated. You explicitly said that the existance of bad dubs negates our right to want them. You did not just say there are bad dubs as you are pretending to have now. You are directly linking the existence of bad dubs, and if you think dubs are "almost always" bad you've been living under a rock for 15 years (seriously, name me one dub that is not average at worst that has come out in the last five years), to our desire to have one. To you our opinions don't matter because localization isn't perfect, the bad outweighs the good, so even if you never directly say we can't like dubs, you're still denying our enjoyment of them by saying we are wrong for wanting them. Generally when people want something it's because they like it, so if wanting them is bad, doesn't that imply the underlying reason for doing so, liking them, is also bad?

Most of this only makes sense by completely ignoring the last stretch of words my earlier post. The rest is just you making baseless assumptions about me. If you're gonna write that much text, you should at least accurately extrapolate what I'm saying beforehand.

Changing the subject from dubs to the new character...

In these brief 2 seconds, it seems that you can chain some of her specials during a combo, and she dashes in the first special, since the sword seems to shine before dashing...

Are there any events coming up where high lvl players get to show us what she can do soon? As I'm interested to see what we can really do with her drive. ie is it just another hit like Makoto's impact or can we set ppl up with the extra slash kind of like how you have to respect Litchi's staff laying next to you can be activated at any time.

There are no such events planned. She will be playable at a Dengeki event on the 24th for 100 people, that's about all we got so far. They might do something like this before release, like an exhibition. But I wouldn't really expect it until they've tipped their hand and shown what other new characters we can expect to be there at console release. They usually like to showcase the new characters all in one go. Tokyo Game Show or a launch week stream are the most probable times to look for it but they could do something earlier than that.  

I would absolutely hate for this game to come out with no dub, but before I jump to conclusions, hasn't the localization of BlazBlue always been kinda tight? The Japanese and US version of Calamity Trigger came out a month apart, in the case of Continuum Shift even the same month, with the arcade version only coming out the year before. CP gave them some more breathing room, but I don't see how things would be out of the ordinary here.

In recent cases, P4AU came out in a similar fashion, with a long-ass story mode that was completely dubbed.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like seeing a dubbed Es for once. 

I think the last we heard on her is that she'll be preorder DLC but unlockable in game if you don't preorder for the JP version. Nothing has been said about NA or Europe release yet but they might follow the "Free DLC for the first 2 weeks" scheme that P4AU and Revelator had. We'll probably get more on that when we start getting more specific release details.

On 7/5/2016 at 8:51 AM, RurouniLoneWolf said:

I think the last we heard on her is that she'll be preorder DLC but unlockable in game if you don't preorder for the JP version. Nothing has been said about NA or Europe release yet but they might follow the "Free DLC for the first 2 weeks" scheme that P4AU and Revelator had. We'll probably get more on that when we start getting more specific release details.

I think you should leave EU out of the equation, since usually its an NA only type of promotion, and EU doesn't even get the free DLC from most ASW games at all. Even the recently released XRD Revelator in EU didn't have that promotion at launch, only with pre-orders.

5 minutes ago, Steve-Fiction said:

I wasn't even expecting a trailer for her. The wait was SO worth it.

Well, the previous two characters got trailers, so it stood to reason Es would get one too. That said, she does look neat. The air stomp is cool.