kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

Just now, Chaoschao222 said:

Well, the previous two characters got trailers, so it stood to reason Es would get one too.

You are right, they did, but Naoto and Hibiki only got their small parts in the Central Fiction Arcade trailer, and I thought because Es got a few seconds to shine in the Central Fiction Console trailer, that would be all she'd get. Happy I was wrong.

Yeah, it seems Es looks awesome, being from a VN to an actual fighter now (Yes, I know, Naoto was the same way too), but her moves are gracefully gorgeous! =o

Still lol'ing though she's DLC, when we thought she could be a story unlockable like CS and CP. >.> (Unless otherwise noted)

Either way, probably/possible NA promotion with her being free for a limited time like Xrd series was might happen, but i guess we'll wait and see, since it'll be ways long to wait for the English release.

---

Also, on an unrelated note, played CF at AX, still the same based on the current arcade based update version with all characters currently playable with 11 colors per character to choose from, the only things limited were the stages, which you can only pick Colosseum and Lost Arena manually, Character specific stages are only selectable by Auto, and same with the stage music as its locked to Auto only. Loads a bit faster than its arcade counterpart, since its obviously using PS4 dev builds, lol. (As its not the final version, just a demo build.)

Spoiler

"I am ES, Embryo Storage"

Mori, the 100% feminist. Kappa

She does look pretty cool though, and was that a special mode super?

The song by kotoko at the end was mad hype, we're in for a wild ride boys.

Good stuff. How she swings that huge sword around is more incredible than watching May fly around effortlessly with her anchor.

Her moves have a bit of a slight Jin vibe about them.

Sweet merciful blue, I'm in love with Es, definitely going to be spending loads of time on her when CF gets here. I'm intrigued if that was her new theme, "conciliator", playing during her gameplay show off.

Es is damn beautiful to watch, I must admit. Pleasing to the eye. Carries a big sharp sword. Runes upon runes in her moveset. If she only swore like a sailor, I'd say she'd be my dream waifu main. Regardless, definitely interested in how she develops once she's in players' hands.

My only question is: if Es is a promotional DLC character...then who is going to be CF's (limited-time) console exclusive character? Around the time ASW released the trailer for Terumi and Kagura, we knew right away that the former was a pre-order DLC and that Kagura was the console exclusive character. Similarly, we knew Mu-12 was going to be one for CS while the DLC characters were announced post release. The only game that didn't have a console exclusive character (aside from Extend) was CT. I guess it wouldn't be strange if CF didn't have one, but at the same time, it would be kind of disappointing if it didn't. What do you guys think?

Given their record, we'll probably have a console exclusive.

If I had to guess anyone, I'd place my bet on Trinity, since she's gotten more prominent in CF. am curious as to how she could play in a fight. Oh wait, she has alchemy, right? Yeah, she's set, they just got to give her the call, LOL.

As much as I want to say Jubei, at this point, he's looking to be saved for last. [Save the best for last, am I right?]

7 hours ago, Steve-Fiction said:

You are right, they did, but Naoto and Hibiki only got their small parts in the Central Fiction Arcade trailer

That's because that was the launch trailer. That happened in CP when Bullet, Amane, and Azrael were revealed too.

Es seems ok to me. Maybe I just lost interest at this point but the only thing that really caught my eye was the stomping. She'll always be that XBLAZE character to me. From this trailer though, it's hard for me to judge if we're gonna get a character exclusive character or not. Normally when they show that they have more characters coming in a console trailer, they show them or hint towards them for a brief 5 seconds or so. They showed Kagura in his trailer with Terumi and that same trailer showed Kokonoe at the end. It is possible that we only get Es and they save more for an EXTEND release. And they did reveal Raven and Kim Hyun first in a magazine rather than a trailer like Jam so that's a possibility.

I don't really care who it is at this point. Everyone has had their hopes and ideas on who it will be for so long that I wonder if they'll ever come true (Kokonoe did I guess). I literally know nothing about the story and arcade endings in this game so I don't know if anybody specific has been hinted at. I think someone told me Es was hinted at in one of Naoto's endings though so she could be part of the story now or something. Still want Mai though. :D

On a side note though, the stage they showed is probably my favorite now. Is that the BLACK BEAST IN THE BACKGROUND?!

Hell these combos, juggles, dash moves and this possible disortion at 1:05 are looking awesome but on the other hand nothing it's known about damage dealing. I am really curious how much dmg she is able to do by any combo cause she seems to be pressure character with ability to put some traps.

14 minutes ago, swordsman09 said:

Is that the BLACK BEAST IN THE BACKGROUND?!

Probably yes but I am thinking also about Take-Mikazuchi "Ultimate Form" which was mentioned by Nine in her Act 3 ending. However it's doubtful possibity that Nine will be able to complete all Nox Nyctores.

>See Es trailer

>No Astral

GODDAMNIT!

But anyway, I liked the trailer and all, looks like you can chain the specials, like Sin does in Xrd, I don't recall her moveset, so, it is a possibility.

Not, it is time to wait the release, and Amane Astral on her... And Relius Astral on her.

Her theme is so sweet! It is a perfect melody in my ears!

5 hours ago, swordsman09 said:

They showed Kagura in his trailer with Terumi and that same trailer showed Kokonoe at the end. 

Actually, the Kagura/Terumi trailer had the Alter Memory announcement at the end iirc; Kokonoe was first shown at the end of the console trailer

7 hours ago, swordsman09 said:

That's because that was the launch trailer. That happened in CP when Bullet, Amane, and Azrael were revealed too.

Es seems ok to me. Maybe I just lost interest at this point but the only thing that really caught my eye was the stomping. She'll always be that XBLAZE character to me. From this trailer though, it's hard for me to judge if we're gonna get a character exclusive character or not. Normally when they show that they have more characters coming in a console trailer, they show them or hint towards them for a brief 5 seconds or so. They showed Kagura in his trailer with Terumi and that same trailer showed Kokonoe at the end. It is possible that we only get Es and they save more for an EXTEND release. And they did reveal Raven and Kim Hyun first in a magazine rather than a trailer like Jam so that's a possibility.

I don't really care who it is at this point. Everyone has had their hopes and ideas on who it will be for so long that I wonder if they'll ever come true (Kokonoe did I guess). I literally know nothing about the story and arcade endings in this game so I don't know if anybody specific has been hinted at. I think someone told me Es was hinted at in one of Naoto's endings though so she could be part of the story now or something. Still want Mai though. :D

On a side note though, the stage they showed is probably my favorite now. Is that the BLACK BEAST IN THE BACKGROUND?!

I was more interested in the Black Beast myself as well.  Es doesn't seem too horribly interesting to be honest.  She has combos.  And stuff.

Huh. It's that one CF stage that was found via datamining in CP, although it's a tad different. Anyway, Es is shaping up to be stunning. Agile, graceful, flashy--I like what I'm seeing in the PV. Her drive looks to function a lot different than I originally assumed, though. It's almost looks like the runes increase the range of her already big ass sword.

I sincerely hope whatever we heard in the trailer isn't her actual in-game theme and is just specific to the trailer. It's a very big stylistic departure from the other BlazBlue rock and metal themes that I very much prefer.

Es having theme music that doesn't match the established style of the game is actually something that thematically matches her position as "a character from another game" though. 

Fkn double post glitch

Here's a tip: do not hit refresh if it seems your reply is taking too long. I repeat: do NOT hit refresh if it seems your reply is taking too long. Instead, open up another tab in your browser and see if your reply went through there.

I am really looking forward to trying Es and Izanami.

Question: has Es's sword always been so large? Thought she used a Katana looking one.

On 7/9/2016 at 0:11 AM, LeDelmo said:

Question: has Es's sword always been so large? Thought she used a Katana looking one.

She did, her legacy weapon (Murakumo) from Xblaze was long and wide, in CF however, its different and bigger.

North American Central Fiction trailer just got released (nothing new, it's the Act 3 Opening). Interesting thing is that now it says the release date is Fall 2016 instead of Winter. 

Not sure how to feel about this given my previously stated fear of them skipping the dub. Not having to dodge spoilers for 5 agonizing months like vanilla Chrono Phantasma sounds amazing but to me it's not anywhere near worth sacrificing the top-notch dub for. Assuming it comes out at the very end of Fall, the longest possible gap between the NA and Japan release is about 2 1/2 months. That's only a little longer than the gap for CPEX, which had much less to translate. I'm holding out hope that either Aksys got their stuff together on this and that the lack of a specific date means it will come out later rather than sooner as opposed to us having another Revelator with the dub sacrificed for a less than 2 week gap.