kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

5 minutes ago, Capablanca said:

Please tell, do we have a high-resolution pack of new CF ART anywhere?  (characters, posters, etc)

Well, you can find high-res official character art over at "the fighters generation" but it's the select screen art we've already seen.

There's always the wiki, too.

So I hear Mai is going to be in the game now. She doesn't seem like she'll play like I thought she would at first. Not with that spear anyway.

I don't know anything about Variable Heart so if I'm missing anything besides the fact that she has a spear, fill me in.

2 hours ago, Mumm-Ra said:

I hate it.

Mai is the most obvious obscure fetish fuel bait so far in the game.

Mai is the protagonist of two manga series. She has had a solid character arc and both her backstory and personality have been explored in greater detail than those of the majority of the roster. Plus she already has established relationships with a large chunk of the cast, meaning it will be easy to fit her into the story, and she has even already appeared in CPE so that even those who have only played the games are familiar with her. It made perfect sense to add her in, particularly since Remix/Variable Heart were the only spinoffs that didn't have a representative in CF. And pretty much all the female characters in BB are designed to pander, so the fact that this also applies to Mai isn't somehow exceptional.

14 minutes ago, swordsman09 said:

So I hear Mai is going to be in the game now. She doesn't seem like she'll play like I thought she would at first. Not with that spear anyway.

I don't know anything about Variable Heart so if I'm missing anything besides the fact that she has a spear, fill me in.

Mai has obtained a spear that is a Legacy Weapon replica and is as powerful as a Nox. Her supertaste has been cured, but now her body has become a grimoire called the "Grimoire of White Pages". It's an empty grimoire, but putting in codes to it can give it new powers related to that code. E.g. putting a code of signifying earth would give it earth-related powers. This power has yet to be used in the manga, so we don't really know exactly how it works.

21 minutes ago, swordsman09 said:

Also to add, she is being chased in the manga by some new villains that want to turn her into an Azure Grimoire (since she is the grimoire that can turn into any other grimoire).

3 hours ago, Leiopelma said:

Mai has obtained a spear that is a Legacy Weapon replica and is as powerful as a Nox. Her supertaste has been cured, but now her body has become a grimoire called the "Grimoire of White Pages". It's an empty grimoire, but putting in codes to it can give it new powers related to that code. E.g. putting a code of signifying earth would give it earth-related powers. This power has yet to be used in the manga, so we don't really know exactly how it works.

Interesting... I wonder if that becomes her drive and how it will work. Unfortunately, if that will be true, I can just imagine something like Platinum's Drive, however the attacks are physical, instead of projectiles.

Also from Zedar:

Mai's Drive is to throw her spear, and she can change the directions mid-throw. 

She has a unique mechanic called Variable Arts, which I'm assuming works like Ramlethal's attack in Xrd. The second image uploaded by Calmitus shows that with the little green arrows showing the progression from the moves.

Looks like Mai's birthday is April 4th. Her hobby is appreciating mysterious creatures, and she likes reptiles (especially chameleons). She's paid DLC, and has a wicked cool stage.

Nice to see the Duodecim theme birthdays persist, so now we got

January - Kagura

February - Jin

March - Tsubaki

April - Mai

This is also the third character with a birthday in April, after Hazama and Nine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, not really.

Mai's real name is Mai Hazuki, and Hazuki is August (Mutsuki is Jan, Kisaragi is Feb, and Yayoi is March).

Also, Arakune, Makoto, and Kokonoe have April birthdays (1st, 2nd, and 18th, respectively).

Well, I don't know what to say about her scan... I have to say I wasn't expecting to be like that her gameplay and I wonder how complex (or not) her combos can be. On the other hand, even being unique, her gameplay sounds a little... lame, or too simple. I know it still early to judge, but this is my opinion.

I wonder what her arena is and when we will see her trailer.

It's a little hard to tell what's going on in the screenshots. How is her Variable Arts compared to Ramlethal's? The sword deployment aspect, or her Mortal Kombat combo system?

The combo system that looks like it's out of a 3D fighting game. She's also got a command dash, and command jump (courtesy of Tokkan). 

Huh, so it was indeed Mai that was going to be on that...pillowcase (is that what you call those?) with Noel. Tokkan called it a couple months back on twitter. I'd call it a little too steamy but then I remembered this kind of stuff is Japan-only anyway and just rolled with it.

The scans do sate some of my gameplay cravings, but I'd still prefer to see her in motion, rather than simply on paper (figuratively speaking). But I do find the idea of a mid-throw changing trajectory projectile at least somewhat interesting. You could so totally drive people nuts with that by forcing them to jump ahead of your thrown spear only to be forced to block since you just sent it flying upward to their face. But that's just my imagination talking right now.

6 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Well, I don't know what to say about her scan... I have to say I wasn't expecting to be like that her gameplay and I wonder how complex (or not) her combos can be. On the other hand, even being unique, her gameplay sounds a little... lame, or too simple. I know it still early to judge, but this is my opinion.

I mentioned this earlier, but making spear users super interesting to play is a tad more difficult in practice. This isn't to say Mai herself will suffer the same fate, but there really isn't much liberty to have in a weapon that's a glorified pointy stick. On the other hand, having a simple, easy-to-use mechanic could also work to her favor with players. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

2 minutes ago, Luminos564 said:

Huh, so it was indeed Mai that was going to be on that...pillowcase (is that what you call those?) with Noel. Tokkan called it a couple months back on twitter. I'd call it a little too steamy but then I remembered this kind of stuff is Japan-only anyway and just rolled with it.

The scans do sate some of my gameplay cravings, but I'd still prefer to see her in motion, rather than simply on paper (figuratively speaking). But I do find the idea of a mid-throw changing trajectory projectile at least somewhat interesting. You could so totally drive people nuts with that by forcing them to jump ahead of your thrown spear only to be forced to block since you just sent it flying upward to their face. But that's just my imagination talking right now.

I mentioned this earlier, but making spear users super interesting to play is a tad more difficult in practice. This isn't to say Mai herself will suffer the same fate, but there really isn't much liberty to have in a weapon that's a glorified pointy stick. On the other hand, having a simple, easy-to-use mechanic could also work to her favor with players. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

True, we need to see her in motion before truly judging her, but I can't get of my mind about her drive.

Looking these scans make me think her drive is a combo ender with "similarities" from Hazama (by the fact you can change something pressing any button after using the Drive button) but yeah, can say anything yet just by scans...

Tokkan translated some more details on his Twitter. If google translate is to be believed, her attacks seem to be named after various kinds of lilies, which is pretty fitting considering she is something of a Yuri character.

19 minutes ago, Luminos564 said:

it's called a dakimakura. You think that's steamy? This is the same series that decided to reveal a potentially monumental plot point (Es has the same mark on her body as Ragna and Naoto) on her dakimakura!

46 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

I wonder what her arena is and when we will see her trailer.

I agree that it sounds a little underwhelming. I was hoping that they would utilize her being the Grimoire of White Pages in some way to let her install codes that change her moves properties (things like ice making her moves freeze, earth making her stronger/more launching power etc.) but it's possible that plot point will be solved in Variable Heart so it won't apply by Central Fiction. I'm not passing any judgments, she'll probably play fine and look awesome doing it but based on concept alone I'm a tiny bit disappointed.

You can see her arena in the scans. The background has the skeleton of some massive creature, so it'll be interesting to learn what that is. Mai will be playable at Tokyo Game Show so at the latest we will see gameplay of her September 15-18.

1 hour ago, VermilionBird said:

Well, not really.

Mai's real name is Mai Hazuki, and Hazuki is August (Mutsuki is Jan, Kisaragi is Feb, and Yayoi is March).

Also, Arakune, Makoto, and Kokonoe have April birthdays (1st, 2nd, and 18th, respectively).

Perhaps breaking the theme is intentional since Mai was exiled from the Hazuki family, signifying that she is separate from it? Jin fits into the theme despite not being born into the family so the opposite might be happening here.

You know,i always a little skeptical about the idea of playable Mai,but after seeing his/her screenshoot and stage,i begin to like the idea of his/her inclusion and she/he begin to look like Shin and Ken mix with Ramlethal thanks to the screenshoot and info.

Side note:I'am glad that Mai is not the owner of the mysterious emblem because her emblem suit him/her more than the yellow animal emblem and that open the posibility that they will announce another new character.

2 minutes ago, mitsuyoshi said:

You know,i always a little skeptical about the idea of playable Mai,but after seeing his/her screenshoot and stage,i begin to like the idea of his/her inclusion and she/he begin to look like Shin and Ken mix with Ramlethal thanks to the screenshoot and info.

Side note:I'am glad that Mai is not the owner of the mysterious emblem because her emblem suit him/her more than the yellow animal emblem and that open the posibility that they will announce another new character.

What crest/emblem are you talking about, mate?

12 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

What crest/emblem are you talking about, mate?

Here the one in the gallery mode a few page back,you know the link that i post not long after someone put the info that Mai was annouced,just click that link and see the gallery mode section with the arcade and the posibbly console opening and you will see the emblem just below the amaterasu emblem.

I'am sorry i cannot post the link in this post,because the site acting strange for some reason.

10 minutes ago, mitsuyoshi said:

Here the one in the gallery mode a few page back,you know the link that i post not long after someone put the info that Mai was annouced,just click that link and see the gallery mode section with the arcade and the posibbly console opening and you will see the emblem just below the amaterasu emblem.

The only Crest I can see is the one from the Black Beast itself, if it is in the page of the gallery.

Talking about Gallery, is that mid-section over there showing just Izanami and some locked slots the anime cutscenes? Geez, if it is, there aren't many cutscenes there then...

28 minutes ago, Tokkan said:

It's not a dakimakura, it's a tapestry.

Oh right, those. I remember Mori said on a Bururaji episode how he wanted one to me made in the likeness Asami Imai (Tsubaki's Japanese voice actress).

...that was a rather awkward moment. I got no idea how the poor gal remained (mostly) composed when he said that.

1 hour ago, Ogiga99 said:

it's called a dakimakura. You think that's steamy? This is the same series that decided to reveal a potentially monumental plot point (Es has the same mark on her body as Ragna and Naoto) on her dakimakura!

Well I never saw the Es image in question so yeah...

Anyway, I eagerly await the TGS footage of both Es and Mai soon (since they'll be playable there). New gameplay videos are always a fun and exciting time. Who knows, maybe they'll do a breakdown video of Mai prior. I think they did that for most of the new additions that came through DLC (the earliest one I recall was Valkenhayn's during BBCS).

16 minutes ago, antonymichiru said:

Where on the famitsu scans did you find out that Mai will be a dlc ? 

You mean the part where it says 有料ダウンロードコンテンツキャラクター (Paid Download Content Character)?

19 minutes ago, Luminos564 said:

Oh right, those. I remember Mori said on a Bururaji episode how he wanted one to me made in the likeness Asami Imai (Tsubaki's Japanese voice actress).

...that was a rather awkward moment. I got no idea how the poor gal remained (mostly) composed when he said that..

"Tapestry" in this case means a wall scroll.