kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

39 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

The only Crest I can see is the one from the Black Beast itself, if it is in the page of the gallery.

Talking about Gallery, is that mid-section over there showing just Izanami and some locked slots the anime cutscenes? Geez, if it is, there aren't many cutscenes there then...

No,not the Izanami one,the Izanami one is the story mode opening,the one i'am talking about is the one with black beast emblem next to the act 3 opening and just see to the bottom right of the  video clip and you can see the emblem,although the bottom part of the emblem is getting obscured thanks to the "new" mark in the screenshoot.

And yes,we will only get a few anime cutscene compare to the previous game.

37 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

The only Crest I can see is the one from the Black Beast itself, if it is in the page of the gallery.

Talking about Gallery, is that mid-section over there showing just Izanami and some locked slots the anime cutscenes? Geez, if it is, there aren't many cutscenes there then...

Double post and the worst of it all,i cannot delete the quote at all,please delete this post.

47 minutes ago, Tokkan said:

It's not a dakimakura, it's a tapestry.

My mistake.

13 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

The second row says "Story Mode" so yes, those are the anime cutscenes. It's sad that there aren't more but that isn't surprising since CP only had one more than that (and one of those was ripped straight from the anime). They generally only animate a few key fights anyway.

26 minutes ago, Luminos564 said:

Anyway, I eagerly await the TGS footage of both Es and Mai soon (since they'll be playable there). New gameplay videos are always a fun and exciting time. Who knows, maybe they'll do a breakdown video of Mai prior. I think they did that for most of the new additions that came through DLC (the earliest one I recall was Valkenhayn's during BBCS).

It's certainly possible since they did it for Es.

1 hour ago, Ogiga99 said:

Tokkan translated some more details on his Twitter. If google translate is to be believed, her attacks seem to be named after various kinds of lilies, which is pretty fitting considering she is something of a Yuri character.

Mai isn't a yuri character though, at least not in Remix Heart. After spending a few months as a woman, she lost interest in girls and started being attracted to men. Shiori Kirihito who is female is deeply in love with her, but Mai has shown no inclination to reciprocate and instead loves Taro Sasagae, who is male.

1 hour ago, Ogiga99 said:

Perhaps breaking the theme is intentional since Mai was exiled from the Hazuki family, signifying that she is separate from it? Jin fits into the theme despite not being born into the family so the opposite might be happening here.

One theory I saw elsewhere is that the birthday refers to the day that Mai became a girl and thus Mai "Natsume" was born. Mai was transformed into a girl at the start of the academic year for the Military Academy. The academic year in Japan starts in Aprl, so the date does fit. Personally though I think that Mai was simply born in April and that this is a coincidence. As you have said, the fact she was not born in August may simply be to symbolize her separation from the Hazuki family. According to Zedar, the 4th of April is Happiness Day in Japan, so maybe that date was selected because the developers thought it fit Mai.

2 minutes ago, Leiopelma said:

Mai isn't a yuri character though, at least not in Remix Heart. After spending a few months as a woman, she lost interest in girls and started being attracted to men. Shiori Kirihito who is female is deeply in love with her, but Mai has shown no inclination to reciprocate and instead loves Taro Sasagae, who is male.

I am perfectly aware of all that. I said "something of a yuri character" because she certainly was at the beginning of Remix Heart for fanservice purposes. A lot of the plots involved her having to go around and kiss a bunch of girls and she was constantly teased/hit on by Makoto and Kajun. It was more a general observation than something to be looked at seriously. If we can have moves named after Super Sentai and Gundam we can have the moves be based on an outdated character element. It's also possible that the trend isn't actually a thing and only applies to the two attacking moves we know of.

19 minutes ago, Ogiga99 said:

I am perfectly aware of all that. I said "something of a yuri character" because she certainly was at the beginning of Remix Heart for fanservice purposes. A lot of the plots involved her having to go around and kiss a bunch of girls and she was constantly teased/hit on by Makoto and Kajun. It was more a general observation than something to be looked at seriously.

Fair enough. Though to be fair, that was a rather misleading statement and someone unfamiliar with the character could assume it meant that Mai was a lesbian.

For the record, the "yuri" that appears in a couple of her move names seems to just be a homophone; other than that, her move names tend to just have the character for "flower," without a reference to any specific type.

For what it's worth, I find Mai's moveset interesting based on what we see here. I think i'd enjoy using her. Doesn't mean there aren't more desirable roster choices, but, at least she's not going to be boring while taking up a slot. I can hope for either more DLC or Extend for more roster addition chances.

Because I'm not heavily invested in Blazblue's lore and characters, I'm pretty much indifferent to the character itself and her inclusion over any other possible character. From a gameplay perspective however I think she sounds interesting. It's obviously a bit early to tell, but I think the Famitsu scans make her out to be a fun addition to the BB roster. I'm wondering how exactly her drive is going to be used; if it's just a glorified projectile for neutral or if it has other uses. I guess time will tell.

Throwing her spear at different directions? Tekken chains? A command dash? Mai's starting to sound kinda interesting now. She may not be what I was hoping for but I'm excited to try her out.

So she/he got Shin elk hunter,Yukimura stabing move and am'i the only one who think that "Dankuuhouraika" looks like what happen when you turn Ken dp into a DD atleast in that screenshoot?

Holy crap, it's just her, not "his/her". God help you if anyone you know ever transitions if you can't even deal with a fictional character being magicked into being 100% biologically female. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but this is the internet and it's hard to tell if you just have hangups or if you're doing that on purpose.

That said, she sounds liked a pretty dumb character, lol. Her drive could be cool though.

8 hours ago, Leiopelma said:

What? How dare she refuse Shiori's love for her?!

Also, glad that Mai's in the game but the last character to be revealed better be Jubei!

18 minutes ago, BobDole said:

Also, glad that Mai's in the game but the last character to be revealed better be Jubei!

At this point, I'm roughly 50% certain that if Jubei is going to be included, it would be as an assist/pet character like how Ken and Koromaru functioned back in P4A Ultimax. I mean, ASW has been pretty adamant in claiming that his height is a problem and they don't wanna slap him into that armor because...aesthetics (*shrug* your guess is as good as mine on what Mori was saying back in that interview). So about the only way he's gonna see some action is if he comes attached to another character.

4 hours ago, Myoro said:

Found this evernote about Mai which seems important to current events: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s296/sh/c1affb3b-a6f5-4096-82d5-5d92cdecdc51/062d3fb750067652711683f2807c835b

Oooh now this I like. Variable arts has me very much drooling at the mouth since it brings back fond memories of Tekken 3 for me. Side note: even if it is just still images, Mai does look pretty badass. I imagine she'll look even better in motion.

34 minutes ago, Devdan said:

Holy crap, it's just her, not "his/her". God help you if anyone you know ever transitions if you can't even deal with a fictional character being magicked into being 100% biologically female. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but this is the internet and it's hard to tell if you just have hangups or if you're doing that on purpose.

That said, she sounds liked a pretty dumb character, lol. Her drive could be cool though.

Well i know that she biologically a female now,but i just like using him/her just for the LOL.

6 hours ago, Devdan said:

Indeed. In an interview of Mori they used "kanojo" to refer to Mai, which means "she", and all the characters in-universe do the same. Plus, Mai herself at this point is both fully female and considers herself to be a woman. I don't see why you consider her to be dumb though. Personality-wise she's most similar to Makoto in that she's an earnest girl who cares for her friends, though she doesn't tease them the way Makoto does. And she has a pretty well-established backstory and a character arc about overcoming the inability to trust others and lack of self-confidence that her father instilled into her.

6 hours ago, BobDole said:

Mori has never said that Jubei will never be playable; he has simply said that he's too short to be included. Which is a point I can agree with; Blazblue doesn't need a Neco-Arc character. If anything that would backfire on Jubei fans since everyone would end up hating him just like everyone hates Neco-Arc. This means that if the height problem is solved then there will be no problem having him in. The same thing happened with Celica; Mori said that Celica couldn't be playable because she couldn't fight but then he solved that problem by having her use Minerva and she was added to the roster. If Jubei starts using Hihiirokane and that increases his size, then there will be no reason not to add him to the roster too.

You know what bugs me right now?

We have two console exclusive Characters so far and what are those? Both DLC Characters.

So either the game will only feature dlc chars as console exclusives, which would be stupid imo. Or they chose not to show them yet.

21 minutes ago, Juraya said:

We have two console exclusive Characters so far and what are those? Both DLC Characters.

So either the game will only feature dlc chars as console exclusives, which would be stupid imo. Or they chose not to show them yet.

You know, I was actually thinking about this. Who will be the Story unlockable?

27 minutes ago, Juraya said:

4 minutes ago, GunBlazer said:

You know, I was actually thinking about this. Who will be the Story unlockable?

Up unitl now I was assuming that Es is unlockable through story mode as well as available through DLC, Kagura-Style.

2 minutes ago, Steve-Fiction said:

Up unitl now I was assuming that Es is unlockable through story mode as well as available through DLC, Kagura-Style.

Wouldn´t she be more like Terumi. He´s also been first week free DLC and otherwise unlockable. At least I think that it´s the same case with Es.

1 minute ago, Juraya said:

Wouldn´t she be more like Terumi. He´s also been first week free DLC and otherwise unlockable. At least I think that it´s the same case with Es.

Except Terumi wasn't unlockable. Kagura was.

I misworded this sorry.

What I meant is, that Es would be like Terumi, that she is first week free and later you have to buy her and you can´t unlock  her through gameplay.
So that she IS NOT like Kagura. Wouldn´t make much sense to me to give out a DLC char, who is unlockable through gameplay anyway.

Es is like Makoto and Terumi. She's pre-order free
Mai is like Kokonoe, and is paid DLC.

We haven't got someone like Mu or Kagura who is unlocked when you finish the story mode.

3 minutes ago, VermilionBird said:

We haven't got someone like Mu or Kagura who is unlocked when you finish the story mode.

And this is the fear.