kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

I find Mu-12's design to be more of a fanservice than Mai's.

I'm ok with the designs, probably because I'm not bothered by cartoon nudity.

Back to gameplay, I like what the evernote notes say. She sounds fun to play. The DLC part makes me sad, though.

1 hour ago, Luminos564 said:

Now that it has been mentioned, a fairly large portion of the female cast has an intro where they take off their clothing to reveal their "battle form". Others have them transformed.

Hide contents

Noel: Has an intro (in her NOL officer sprite) where she tosses her coat over to the side.
Makoto: Has 2. In CS she tossed her NOL uniform high into the air. In CP, it was her orange jacket.
Tsubaki: Has one in CS where she takes off her Squad 0 mask off, before evaporating the cloak in light.
Izayoi: Has one where "base" Tsubaki is engulfed in light, before revealing the Izayoi-form.
Litchi: Has one where she goes from her casual, doctor attire to battle ready.
Platinum: Has one where she shines her Nox before going like a magical girl to reveal her battle form.
Nine: Sets her Phantom cloak on flame, before readying for combat.
Izanami: Sheds her Imperator clothes and puts them within a dark portal.
All of the Murakumo units (Nu-13/Lambda-11 and Mu-12) have an intro where they start in their pre-battle forms before donning their armor for combat.

About the only ones that don't have anything like that are Rachel, Taokaka, Kokonoe, Celica and Bullet (although the last one has a victory pose where she takes off her uniform instead). So that's 12 ladies that have some form of "wardrobe change" as an intro versus 5 that do not (excluding Es and Mai for the time being). 

You said her already but you forgot to mention how Noel in her new costume takes off that thing off her shoulders in her winpose. When I was first talking about her taking off her jacket, I was mostly referring to Bullet taking off hers and leaving almost nothing but her bra. lol

I actually forgot how many people remove clothing in this game. Even looking at the guys, Bang does it and so does Azrael. I guess Hazama takes off his tie and coat but that doesn't really mean anything, and him taking off his cloak is just another character anyway.

Indifferent to this character, and I agree, her visual design looks like crap and stupid fanservice.

And to all of you people who say "But...but... there are other fanservice characters in the game!" that doesn't mean we need/want/benefit from MORE.  I would be DELIGHTED if Makoto put on a goddamn jacket, and that's not going to happen.  But that doesn't mean I don't hope that new designs are less awful.  Remember: Just because you've been punched in the face before doesn't mean you aren't allowed to complain when someone punches you in the face.

Jeez.

2 hours ago, Airk said:

Indifferent to this character, and I agree, her visual design looks like crap and stupid fanservice.

And to all of you people who say "But...but... there are other fanservice characters in the game!" that doesn't mean we need/want/benefit from MORE.  I would be DELIGHTED if Makoto put on a goddamn jacket, and that's not going to happen.  But that doesn't mean I don't hope that new designs are less awful.  Remember: Just because you've been punched in the face before doesn't mean you aren't allowed to complain when someone punches you in the face.

Jeez.

Nobody wants more fan service characters, nor did anyone stop you or others from stating your opinions. You are allowed to.

It's just that some people aren't as bothered by it as you are and that is our opinion.

Remember: Just because you feel like you've been punched in the face, doesn't mean others feel the same. If you really want to make such a big deal out of this, go tell Arksys instead via social media, no one is stopping you.

Yeesh.

13 minutes ago, Lame Jokes said:

Nobody wants more fan service characters, nor did anyone stop you or others from stating your opinions. You are allowed to.

It's just that some people aren't as bothered by it as you are and that is our opinion.

Remember: Just because you feel like you've been punched in the face, doesn't mean others feel the same. If you really want to make such a big deal out of this, go tell Arksys instead via social media, no one is stopping you.

Yeesh.

Yeah, except people are saying things like "Did you forget that we had fanservice characters in CT?"

I think you are giving people too much credit here.  There is clear pushback in this thread against the idea that this character is yet another dumb fanservice design, visually. (Nothing here has anything to do with gameplay that we know nothing about yet.)

44 minutes ago, Airk said:

I think you are giving people too much credit here.  There is clear pushback in this thread against the idea that this character is yet another dumb fanservice design, visually. (Nothing here has anything to do with gameplay that we know nothing about yet.)

I don't recall anyone denying that Mai's outfit is designed to provide fanservice. However so is practically every other female outfit in some way. Complaining about Mai's outfit within the context of Blazblue is a bit like complaining because there's a naked woman in a strip club.

And we do have information about Mai's gameplay. Look here for example: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s296/sh/c1affb3b-a6f5-4096-82d5-5d92cdecdc51/062d3fb750067652711683f2807c835b

I'm a bit late to the party; I had no idea that Mai had been announced as playable. Funny story, I had a dream that Mai and Azrael were somehow connected. In my dream, Azrael was referred to as "Azrael Hazuki."

19 minutes ago, Fenris said:

I'm a bit late to the party; I had no idea that Mai had been announced as playable. Funny story, I had a dream that Mai and Azrael were somehow connected. In my dream, Azrael was referred to as "Azrael Hazuki."

Jesus. If that somehow were to be true... :v:

32 minutes ago, Fenris said:

New Nostradamus right here boys.

35 minutes ago, Fenris said:

That's... quite funny, but no thanks....

Do we have a pic of Mai's emblem/crest thingy? Was looking through the previous posts and wondered if maybe the supposed "Jubei Crest" someone pointed out could simply be Mai's.

43 minutes ago, Fenris said:

Inb4 Azrael is a being that was born when Mai accepted becoming a girl and threw away her old male self, that's why he's so manly.

8 minutes ago, FA-ST said:

Do we have a pic of Mai's emblem/crest thingy? Was looking through the previous posts and wondered if maybe the supposed "Jubei Crest" someone pointed out could simply be Mai's.

No but from what I can see from the scans, it looks like a heart with a spear in the middle.

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2016-08-17 at 3.47.02 PM.png

9 minutes ago, swordsman09 said:

No but from what I can see from the scans, it looks like a heart with a spear in the middle.

Hide contents

Screen Shot 2016-08-17 at 3.47.02 PM.png

Ah, perfect, this at least confirms a third unrevealed character, thanks!

21 minutes ago, FA-ST said:

Inb4 Azrael is a being that was born when Mai accepted becoming a girl and threw away her old male self, that's why he's so manly.

I remember seeing someone argue a few years ago that Azrael was Mai after she turned back into a man. This theory was based on the fact they both have blue hair.

13 minutes ago, swordsman09 said:

This image shows the details of part of her crest.

3 minutes ago, FA-ST said:

Ah, perfect, this at least confirms a third unrevealed character, thanks!

You never know. There could be an unplayable boss character with that emblem.

12 minutes ago, Leiopelma said:

I remember seeing someone argue a few years ago that Azrael was Mai after she turned back into a man. This theory was based on the fact they both have blue hair.

Just one of many possibilities . . . OF THE CONTINUUM SHIFT!!

I can't wait to see the day devs just stop putting clothes on their characters.

7 hours ago, TD said:

Been there, (haven't?) done that.

:AR:

Like Dural and Seth? Yeah, waiting for Arcsys to join that club with a character similar.

Also, has anything related to Mai footage been announced aside from her and Es being playable at TGS?

1 hour ago, Monarch said:

Like Dural and Seth? Yeah, waiting for Arcsys to join that club with a character similar.

Also, has anything related to Mai footage been announced aside from her and Es being playable at TGS?

But Blazblue has had a naked character in it since Calamity Trigger. His name is Arakune.

Nothing else has been announced regarding footage of Mai; I hope that they will release a preview video of her before TGS.

Man... busty, scantily clad women in my anime fighting games? What will they think of next?

But seriously, didn't we go through all of this with Bullet not too long ago? Can we just fast-forward to the part where people who enjoy it enjoy it and the people who realize it's not for them stop caring? '3'

As for me the most important thing about Mai will be how she plays like, not just from the viewpoint of a person looking for perspective sub, but as an enemy to be fought against. Like her or not, chances are you'll have to play against her in the coming game.

Although our knowledge pool is extremely limited, some interesting things to discuss would be how these "Variable Arts" of hers let her cancel moves into moves on whiff, and how that trait might mesh with the assumed range of her weapon. A projectile that can redirect once on hit or whiff also is interesting, and again though I've yet to see the thing in action I can't help but brainstorm about how its various uses. Also on my mind is how to best interact with such a thing using a doll. The closest thing we've had to it in concept in the series (I think) is Litchi's old super from way back, and I have to wonder how it will compare.

I'd assume if there's going to be a gameplay trailer it's going to be sometime before TGS, about how long after Es was announced did she get her trailer?

Es being playable at TGS is also something I'm looking forward to, while we speculate and dissect over the footage we do have, we really don't know too much about the character still. If TGS is the sort of public venue I believe it to be we might get some worthwhile numbers and tech!

33 minutes ago, Myoro said:

As for me the most important thing about Mai will be how she plays like, not just from the viewpoint of a person looking for perspective sub, but as an enemy to be fought against. Like her or not, chances are you'll have to play against her in the coming game.

Other than her "Variable Arts", I'm interested in seeing how her additional special move follow-ups work. I hope her command dash has the ability to go through people Sho Minazuki :ballSHO: style. :D

12 hours ago, TD said:

Technically it's already been done. Felicia from Darkstalkers is completely naked when she fights. 

30 minutes ago, MX_Engellier said:

God damn.
I'm not a huge fan of BB myself, but holy crap are the new characters interesting.
So far I'm dying to try out Nine, Izanami, Es and Mai.

The problem I have with the latter two is that I don't know what theme they're going for. Izanami and Nine have some unique flair to them but Es and Mai feel somewhat generic to me. Es is probably a tier higher than Mai on the interest level simply because she can stomp your face in haha.