kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

1 hour ago, Oniros said:

RIP BB dub, Patrick Seitz will always be Ragna to me. ;_;7

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!

What does "isn't looking promising" even mean? How can you not know for sure, you're in charge of the whole thing? If it just isn't happening why can't you just say you've decided not to do it instead of wording it like something beyond your control? Don't apologize for a choice you are actively making!

EDIT: Just saw this. Still makes no sense to me.

*Sigh* Blaz had a decent English voice acting crew too. On the plus side I wonder if this means they will finally announce a actual NA release date and if so it should be really close to the JP date if they are not going to dub the game. 

1 hour ago, Ogiga99 said:

What does "isn't looking promising" even mean? How can you not know for sure, you're in charge of the whole thing? If it just isn't happening why can't you just say you've decided not to do it instead of wording it like something beyond your control? Don't apologize for a choice you are actively making!

EDIT: Just saw this. Still makes no sense to me.

It means that Aksys, being only the publisher of the game in non-Japanese countries has no say in the matter of "whether BB Central Fiction gets a dub or not". Whoever is in charge of that (most likely Arc System Works) is above the person who posted that. Of course, since I doubt any company would be open about why they came to that business decision, we can only speculate on the reasons.

Spoiler

Though the cynic in me believes it's because ASW realised they can get away with only having Japanese audio as with Xrd Revelator so now they're pulling the same trick with BB.

But this isn't a thread for lack of English voice acting, so I'll drop my take from this point onward for this.

Oh well there is always the Extend version or DLC so let's keep supporting Arc System Works for the dub.

1 hour ago, JRH said:

Oh well there is always the Extend version or DLC so let's keep supporting Arc System Works for the dub.

I thought that we were 'supporting' Arc Sys just so they'd release the game, even if they do a bad job localizing it?

Just now, Narroo said:

I thought that we were 'supporting' Arc Sys just so they'd release the game, even if they do a bad job localizing it?

True, but we shouldn't lose hope cause there is always the extend version.

P.S. We should take this in Voice Acting.

1 hour ago, JRH said:

9 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Please... no. It is way too obvious for people that will be between October and December, for NA release, right?

Not really, "Winter 2016" is December 2016-February 2017. So, I don't know how much you can say is so obvious.

What else is Aksys gonna say about the game other than it's release date? They aren't the developer and clearly have very little to do with the games production so..

I predict they are going to talk about the release date. I'm not going to get too deep on the matter of the dub in this thread but their response is a big non-answer to me on explaining what factors led to this decision. It feels more like they chose to say it's "out of our control" to get steam off them without directing who and what is the main issue behind these decisions that are made. Now fans have to either shut up about the dub and buy the game or just don't buy it.

1 hour ago, Narroo said:

It would be hysterical if the release is still 4-6 months after the Japanese release even if they drop the dub.

But if they do so in order to get a dub, it'll be worth it. 

Best compromise they could do is release a sub-only digital version this year to appease the ones who want to play immediately, and a proper dubbed physical release next year. Hell, they might even get multiple purchases. 

But as it stands, they're not getting a single one from me. 

Inb4someonebuystwotomakeupforit

7 minutes ago, Ogiga99 said:

So first it's the dub "isn't looking promising at this point" and then it's "no dub" the next day? What is with all the vagueness? Just tell us when you are fucking us over.

Since Arksys is just publishing, they probably don't even know themselves if Arc Sys doesn't tell them.

54 minutes ago, MaximusMurkimus said:

But if they do so in order to get a dub, it'll be worth it. 

Best compromise they could do is release a sub-only digital version this year to appease the ones who want to play immediately, and a proper dubbed physical release next year. Hell, they might even get multiple purchases. 

But as it stands, they're not getting a single one from me. 

Inb4someonebuystwotomakeupforit

If I may ask, why are they not getting one from you at all?

Yes, let's split the tiny BB playerbase even more, ug. Nobody cared when Revelator didn't have a dub because Sign's dub was terrible. This is different...

Don't care about the dub personally since I go original audio for most things [Sugita Ragna ftw], but feel for those that did. That was what was great for dual audio games is that both people and their preferences win. Now BB is gonna be like most budget anime fighters that don't bother with an English dub likely due to lack of worthwhile demand.  Worth noting the BB mobile game back in June is technically the first BB game that didn't bother with an English dub.