kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

1 hour ago, GF9Returns said:

Nah, Izanami's theme is too good have a vocal version, unless if it's done by a death metal screamo artist or some unusual speaking.

Like Raven in Revelator?

Anyway good to know that Es will be free for a short period of time, now I need to know since when people can download it. I hope the same happens to Mai

Gotta admit I´m quite dissappointed that they didn´t answer the question whether there might be a demo like at all.
Was asked quite a few times and at least knowing that it won´t come would be nice.

Really brave of em to come out with the dub issue though. Appreciate the honesty at least, though it´s a pity for the fans of the dub :v

14 minutes ago, Leiopelma said:

Even if they don't go to the expense of releasing a second physical set of the game, announcing that they're releasing another version months down the line with added content would simply encourage people not to buy the current version. Seems to me that they'd be shooting themselves in the foot. And trying to sweeten the deal by handing out DLCs for free would simply cost them more money.

And your point is? What does it matter if people buy the current version or the second one if they still make the sale? The number of people who will buy the current one is still plenty because the wait is too long for them and the dub not worth it. Even if people only buy one version, they will still make more overall since there is a large number of people who currently will not buy the game that will buy it with a dub and there will be people who double dip to make two sales. Now if they decided to announce the dub after too long it might be a problem because some people might cave and not want to double dip or simply consider it too little too late/forget about the series altogether. And if you do believe that people waiting like this is shooting themselves in the foot, then that applies to them leaving hope that a re-release might happen. The best way to encourage people to buy the current one is to make it clear that there absolutely will not be another one. Forget the DLC thing if you want, that was just a random idea. The point of a dub re-release is to salvage as many sales as possible from the dub fans that would otherwise be lost. The ultimate question is whether or not the number of people who won't accept the current version will have a significant impact on the game's success and would the cost of the dub (which they made clear wasn't the reason for the choice) be enough to make up for it? It seems to me that they are intentionally leaving the door open, no matter how slightly, because they can't predict the numbers that will come (evidenced by how we have completely different views on how the sales and what are the best business decisions). They are aware of how upset the dub fans are and have been trying to clear up as many confusions as possible. To end all of that with a complete lie would undo everything they tried to do.

P.S. I don't want to turn this thread into an argument between the two of us so this will be my response directly to you.

1 hour ago, GF9Returns said:

Nah, Izanami's theme is too good have a vocal version, unless if it's done by a death metal screamo artist or some unusual speaking.

I respectfully disagree. The theme is indeed very very good, but I believe a more melodic vocal style (as opposed to harsh/guttural or screamo styles) is certainly possible for bringing the best out of it.

Hopefully this might change your mind:

Spoiler

I picked this song because it was structurally similar to 'YOMOTSUHIRASAKA' in the sense that the riffing in the verses is mostly in a similar mode (Phrygian/Phrygian dominant), while the chorus is mostly melodic, all the while maintaining the same intensity. I'll concede that the choruses are quite different, but the original instrumental version of 'YOMOTSUHIRASAKA' uses strings to map out the entire vocal line so it's not going to sound totally out of this world.

1 hour ago, Leiopelma said:

Even if they don't go to the expense of releasing a second physical set of the game, announcing that they're releasing another version months down the line with added content would simply encourage people not to buy the current version. Seems to me that they'd be shooting themselves in the foot. And trying to sweeten the deal by handing out DLCs for free would simply cost them more money.

But it will be worth it, just wait and see. It may be released in 2.5 years due to demand.

P.S. The guy on the Gear Project Tumblr profile said that Arcs would discuss the English dub in future development meetings so that gives us a little hope for it.

4 minutes ago, JRH said:

But it will be worth it, just wait and see. It may be released in 2.5 years due to demand.

P.S. The guy on the Gear Project Tumblr profile said that Arcs would discuss the English dub in future development meetings so that gives us a little hope for it.

Not that I don't believe you, but who is that guy or the Gear Project?

If they discuss dubs, they're probably wondering what game they can create a dub for in the most minimum effort to win back fans. They probably already sailed the ship for CF.

10 minutes ago, JRH said:

Source? I don't see that on the page.

3 minutes ago, heavymetalmixer said:

Complaining about no dub is meaningless, they made that choice and they're not gonna turn back now.

Complaining doesn't accomplish much true but letting them know that we care about it and want it to come at a later date in some form is still something we can do. The wording makes it clear it was a decision motivated by the fact that they couldn't delay the game that long and they needed to get it out. It does not seem like a decision they wanted to make but that only applies to this release. Delaying the game or getting a dub in it by November is impossible, but proving to them that there is demand for a re-release/DLC that has not been 100% confirmed to never happen is not meaningless. If the demand is there, the time limit removed and the cost worth it they have no reason to reject it out of hand.

Well at least Es is free for a few weeks after launch. Copying what Xrd did for Dizzy are we? I could get used to this. Here's hoping Mai follows the same pattern. Never been a fan of nendroids personally and the last soundtrack CD I got from a BlazBlue CE was faulty and couldn't play anything. The artbook on the other hand...temptation; thy name be Central Fiction.  

They should say from day one when working on the game they were dropping the dub and they would be getting the backlash they seeing now its their fault for not telling fans of the game as well the dub voice cast too,knowing well the game is about to be release you wait now to inform everyone not a very smart decision to due as a business. 

2 hours ago, MaximusMurkimus said:

When this game is dead in a few months I hope they're aware as to why. 

Everyone will have moved on to Tekken 7 and will be waiting for the Extend version. 

People who actually care about the game will continue to play it, dub be damned. Stop acting like this is going to be a major blow to the game's overall reception when only a subset of fans actually care about the dub.

"Actually" care? 

Guess one could be a fan of a game series for the wrong reasons. 

The gameplay isn't going anywhere. Having it a few months earlier only benefits the EVO players who probably didn't need early practice to begin with. 

52 minutes ago, MaximusMurkimus said:

"Actually" care? 

Guess one could be a fan of a game series for the wrong reasons. 

The gameplay isn't going anywhere. Having it a few months earlier only benefits the EVO players who probably didn't need early practice to begin with. 

You mean the players who don't live in Japan? Or have a Round 1 arcade near their neighborhoods? Or just wanna play the game period?

Contrary to popular belief, not everybody who plays fighting games are competitors who want to spend hours practicing it and just wanna play the game for shits and ggiles. Not everybody also feels like importing and dealing with everything that entails.

People need to stop looking at this issue in purely a vacuum of "Dub fans who don't care about gameplay" vs. "Players who don't care about a dub" when its a lot more complicated than that. 

4 hours ago, Ogiga99 said:

Source? I don't see that on the page.

I am the source. I'm the one who e-mailed them regarding why there was no dub for Revelator.

I wouldn't take "we'll discuss it with the appropriate people" to mean anything substantial, though.

I'd be a lot more torn up if the post CS dub didn't go way downhill. I honestly didn't even finish story mode in CP. I did prefer the dub cast tho, especially Tager, Makoto and Kokonoe. And the first Hazama...

lol at people "moving on to tekken 7". TTT2 made no waves in the US and T7 is even less remarkable. I like Tekken ok, but let's be real. Tekken's glory days in the US are long gone.

4 hours ago, BlackYakuzu94 said:

You mean the players who don't live in Japan? Or have a Round 1 arcade near their neighborhoods? Or just wanna play the game period?

Contrary to popular belief, not everybody who plays fighting games are competitors who want to spend hours practicing it and just wanna play the game for shits and ggiles. Not everybody also feels like importing and dealing with everything that entails.

People need to stop looking at this issue in purely a vacuum of "Dub fans who don't care about gameplay" vs. "Players who don't care about a dub" when its a lot more complicated than that. 

At the end of the day they are cutting some of their fan-base to support another. That's basically what it boils down too in the end. With each side having their own arguments of why they either support or deny the decisions they made. If Arc System Works never included the dub since the beginning then this wouldn't had happen at all.

Can't say I'm against it.

As much as I loved the comedic value from the story mode dub and dialogue, I would rather have the game early without having to to go through the inconvenience of importing and navigating through foreign text (not that it was a major issue due to our translators). 

RIP Tager VA tho

I agreed  with you hero19 on if was never dub their wouldn't be a issue but when you dub 6 games and ditch dub for the last one what was the point of dubbing the games at all.

Dustloop, why are we still here just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my old BlazBlue story videos. The music videos we've lost, the story videos we've lost, the dub we've lost won't stop hurting. It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past, take back everything's we've lost, and I won't rest until we do!

MGSV joke asides, I'm really missing all that stuff.

3 hours ago, Hero19 said:

At the end of the day they are cutting some of their fan-base to support another. That's basically what it boils down too in the end.

Holy shit, are you serious right now?  Like, did you actually honestly write that and mean it?  Because there is no way in fuck that's what they're doing.  They didn't sit there and go "Screw it, people who love the dub get the shaft.  DUB HATERS REJOICE, YOUR TIME IS NOW!!"  I don't agree with the dub being cut and I think ArcSys has been making really questionable decisions as far as showing the overseas customers they care about more than just the cursory things to make the game playable here, and yeah this probably all could've been avoided if they stuck with Aksys.  But goddamn, don't go saying stupid things like 'they're only showing support to part of their fanbase and don't care' like you know the inner workings of ArcSys, why they did what they did, and like there's some insidious plot to ostracize people who liked the dub or whatever.

21 minutes ago, Orihalcon said:

Holy shit, are you serious right now?  Like, did you actually honestly write that and mean it?  Because there is no way in fuck that's what they're doing.  They didn't sit there and go "Screw it, people who love the dub get the shaft.  DUB HATERS REJOICE, YOUR TIME IS NOW!!"  I don't agree with the dub being cut and I think ArcSys has been making really questionable decisions as far as showing the overseas customers they care about more than just the cursory things to make the game playable here, and yeah this probably all could've been avoided if they stuck with Aksys.  But goddamn, don't go saying stupid things like 'they're only showing support to part of their fanbase and don't care' like you know the inner workings of ArcSys, why they did what they did, and like there's some insidious plot to ostracize people who liked the dub or whatever.

You completely misunderstood. The idea was that no matter what course of action ArcSys took, they would have disappointed a large part of their fanbase.

An early release without a dub disappoints dub-lovers.

A late release with dub disappoints those that just want to play as soon as possible.

I don't think anybody assumed that there was some malicious scheme involved. What Hero19 did was point out that the situation was hard to resolve with every party being satisfied.

49 minutes ago, Orihalcon said:

No matter what they did in this situation some part of the fan-base was going to be disappointed by it. They made their choice and people can now make their own decisions on if they agree it was the right thing to do or not by their wallet.  Although Steve-Fiction mainly pointed out how I feel towards this situation I felt it's better for me to personally reply to you myself.

That's totally fair then; sorry for flying off the handle.  I think I've been reading so much of people who actually do think that this is all some conspiracy on ArcSys's part to make them suffer that I'm seeing it everywhere now.

It's a shame that they weren't prepared months in advance to dub the game into English. You would think that's how this works. But maybe they didn't have time for that which is unfortunate. At least we know we'll get the game some time in November and although they didn't give a date, it's nice that it's not a larger gap between the JP and US versions

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk