kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

5 hours ago, Steve-Fiction said:

You completely misunderstood. The idea was that no matter what course of action ArcSys took, they would have disappointed a large part of their fanbase.

An early release without a dub disappoints dub-lovers.

A late release with dub disappoints those that just want to play as soon as possible.

I don't think anybody assumed that there was some malicious scheme involved. What Hero19 did was point out that the situation was hard to resolve with every party being satisfied.

Despite of what you're saying is completely true, can't the people who wants to play the game ASAP import from Japan, since it will be way before NA release, I mean, we don't have a NA release date, while some sources say it will be on Winter, others say it will be on Fall.

If the release comes in Fall, I hope it is close to JP date, to make worth the fact that there is no dub, at least.

2 hours ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Despite of what you're saying is completely true, can't the people who wants to play the game ASAP import from Japan, since it will be way before NA release, I mean, we don't have a NA release date, while some sources say it will be on Winter, others say it will be on Fall.

If the release comes in Fall, I hope it is close to JP date, to make worth the fact that there is no dub, at least.

They said the date was November.

2 hours ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

But then you cause the player base to split between those playing CF and those still playing CPE. This happening for a month or two isn't an issue, but I think it would be a problem if it went on for 6-8 months. And there's the issue of people who want to see the ending of Blazblue's story. Delaying the release means we get it later and if someone wants to play the game from early on then he'd have to buy the game a second time.

I think the real question is: why is this happening now? Why is it only this time that this happened, and it hasn't happened before in the past?

9 minutes ago, Leiopelma said:

But then you cause the player base to split between those playing CF and those still playing CPE. This happening for a month or two isn't an issue, but I think it would be a problem if it went on for 6-8 months. And there's the issue of people who want to see the ending of Blazblue's story. Delaying the release means we get it later and if someone wants to play the game from early on then he'd have to buy the game a second time.

I know there are people who want to see the end of the story, but, even with all this hype, if it is to have a game with good quality (not implying BB is bad) I prefer to wait, this includes about the dub. There are people who play BB for the Story, while others play for Glory and gameplay only. And even those who play both, mainly is for Story right now, due to its current situation.

And about that delaying issue... Why would someone buy the game twice, unless it is the Extend version? I mean if someone wants to see the story after NA release and bought JP release, they can check Youtube, that usually has somewhere, plus, buying the game a second time would restart their progress in-game (don't know if it affects online) so, allow me to say it, who would buy both NA or JP, or they are rich, or a little dumb and anxious, it is the truth...

20 minutes ago, VermilionBird said:

I think the real question is: why is this happening now? Why is it only this time that this happened, and it hasn't happened before in the past?

That's what also cross my mind too. What's the point of doing this now if you could of had done this when CP was release if their stance was to get the game out as soon as possible. It even makes the point of them dubbing CP Extend a pure stupid decision as well. Something had to changed from CP Extend until this game release to make them think it was wise decision to do so, but they will never tell us the actual reason.

4 minutes ago, Hero19 said:

That's what also cross my mind too. What's the point of doing this now if you could of had done this when CP was release if their stance was to get the game out as soon as possible. It even makes the point of them dubbing CP Extend a pure stupid decision as well. Something had to changed from CP Extend until this game release to make them think it was wise decision to do so, but they will never tell us the actual reason.

Well, what is done is done, the only thing left is hope for its Extend version to have the dub, it may sound hopeless, but they will have plenty of time to do so.

34 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Well, what is done is done, the only thing left is hope for its Extend version to have the dub, it may sound hopeless, but they will have plenty of time to do so.

They don't give anything to be hopeful for to think that even if a Extend version was to release that they will dub it. They are a business at the end of the day so if they have success with the approach that they are doing with CF release they will just used the same thing for the Extend version.

13 minutes ago, Hero19 said:

They don't give anything to be hopeful for to think that even if a Extend version was to release that they will dub it. They are a business at the end of the day so if they have success with the approach that they are doing with CF release they will just used the same thing for the Extend version.

Everything you said is true, but what is the problem to have a glimpse of hope about it?

Anyway... moving on, it is time to wait for the release and to what the last chapter for Ragna awaits for us.

Btw, I´ve just watched the comments section in the playstation blog about BB. There the author of the entry clearly said there will be NO demo =/
So if anyobody was hoping for that like me :v

23 minutes ago, Juraya said:

Btw, I´ve just watched the comments section in the playstation blog about BB. There the author of the entry clearly said there will be NO demo =/
So if anyobody was hoping for that like me :v

Demos almost never happen, so it was almost a given. Still a shame though.

1 minute ago, TekkamanArk said:

Demos almost never happen, so it was almost a given. Still a shame though.

I know. I just had a little hope that they might keep doing that, since it was well received for Revelator

3 hours ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Everything you said is true, but what is the problem to have a glimpse of hope about it?

Anyway... moving on, it is time to wait for the release and to what the last chapter for Ragna awaits for us.

Enjoy the story then, I really mean it.

I'm gonna be dodging Persona 5 spoilers so hard anyway, I think I can add BlazBlue to the mix.

5 hours ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

I know there are people who want to see the end of the story, but, even with all this hype, if it is to have a game with good quality (not implying BB is bad) I prefer to wait, this includes about the dub. There are people who play BB for the Story, while others play for Glory and gameplay only. And even those who play both, mainly is for Story right now, due to its current situation.

And about that delaying issue... Why would someone buy the game twice, unless it is the Extend version? I mean if someone wants to see the story after NA release and bought JP release, they can check Youtube, that usually has somewhere, plus, buying the game a second time would restart their progress in-game (don't know if it affects online) so, allow me to say it, who would buy both NA or JP, or they are rich, or a little dumb and anxious, it is the truth...

Arc cops.

3 hours ago, MaximusMurkimus said:

Enjoy the story then, I really mean it.

I'm gonna be dodging Persona 5 spoilers so hard anyway, I think I can add BlazBlue to the mix.

Thank you, and good luck avoiding spoilers.

*sigh* Anyway, let's hope one day Arc gets some sense someday and put the eng dub in...

9 hours ago, VermilionBird said:

If I had to guess it just was a situation that eventually reached its breaking point at the worst possible time. Perhaps the reception of CP's 5 month gap influenced their decision this time, which wasn't a factor before? Perhaps the fact that the story keeps getting longer led them to believe that the gaps would only get worse (they predicted 6-8 months this time) and just had to pull the plug at some point? Who knows. It all leads back to the question of the incompetence that started with CSEX and how long they could keep their shit together before it all imploded.

9 hours ago, VermilionBird said:

I guess I can be the cynical one here and say because the console version was more profitable in the past. I don't really buy that early release for EVO thing. The west will still be far behind Japan regardless of when they release the console version and most will just import for that competitive edge. Suffice it to say, I will still buy the NA version so I can follow along with the story. I suck at the game now so there's no need for a competitive edge.

1 hour ago, Ogiga99 said:

Who knows. It all leads back to the question of the incompetence that started with CSEX and how long they could keep their shit together before it all imploded.

and what incompetence was it with CSEX (when ASW decided to localize it themselves than let Aksys do it)

On the subject of localization, ASW is partly at fault here for this issue. Their uber-protectionist policies towards their products has prevented them from actively collaborating with international J-Game publishers like Capcom or Sega or Atlus or Bandai Namco for working on an English dub simultaneously because they fear that they would manhandle them due to Sega's past treatment of Guilty Gear. So they want to do it themselves, but they're woefully incompetent in localizing compared to those companies. I can guarantee had ASW actively collaborated with Aksys and made the dub simultaneously with the JP track then this issue would never have happened.

On the subject of a dub though, so it's literally impossible for a dub even though Aksys can crowdfund it via Kickstarter or Indiegogo.

By the way, the CF character section had a page added for Mai. A pity there's no gameplay video yet like there is for the other characters, but my guess is that they'll be adding it after they've introduced Mai at TGS.

I like the range that Mai's voice has. She was pretty soft-spoken throughout Remix Heart Gaiden, but here we get to hear her sound playful, very serious when activating her Legacy Weapon, and earnest.

4 hours ago, Leiopelma said:

By the way, the CF character section had a page added for Mai. 

Interesting, Es's character relationships still has an ? for one of them. (Mai has Noel, Tsubaki, and Makoto as expected.) Maybe there's still hope for one more character this version. (They'll probably be post-release DLC, but you never know.)

10 minutes ago, YoYoCheese said:

Interesting, Es's character relationships still has an ? for one of them. (Mai has Noel, Tsubaki, and Makoto as expected.) Maybe there's still hope for one more character this version. (They'll probably be post-release DLC, but you never know.)

Yeah, the story section has also been updated and now includes Mai. As you say Mai's most important relationships are with her three friends (I feel a bit sorry for her since she doesn't make top 3 for any of them though). The section also has a bit of background info about Mai. It says she's the heir of the Hazuki Duodecim family, that she was a classmate of Noel at the military academy, that she was transformed into a woman by a grimoire and went trough a variety of troubles, as well as that Mai has fully accepted herself as a woman now. It also says that Mai now rushes into danger armed with Outseal in order to defend an important friend. So I guess Mai's principal motivation within the story will be to defend Noel.

Regarding Es I'm in agreement with those that say that the link is to Nine and we'll have a "revelation" of the relationship those two had within the story mode, rather than it being to a currently unrevealed character.

7 hours ago, Domayv said:

and what incompetence was it with CSEX (when ASW decided to localize it themselves than let Aksys do it)

On the subject of localization, ASW is partly at fault here for this issue. Their uber-protectionist policies towards their products has prevented them from actively collaborating with international J-Game publishers like Capcom or Sega or Atlus or Bandai Namco for working on an English dub simultaneously because they fear that they would manhandle them due to Sega's past treatment of Guilty Gear. So they want to do it themselves, but they're woefully incompetent in localizing compared to those companies. I can guarantee had ASW actively collaborated with Aksys and made the dub simultaneously with the JP track then this issue would never have happened.

On the subject of a dub though, so it's literally impossible for a dub even though Aksys can crowdfund it via Kickstarter or Indiegogo.

…There's a lot wrong with this.

For starters, ASW hasn't localized the games themselves; they've been contracting a company called Strangely Compelling, as Koei Tecmo and a couple other companies have for some of their franchises.

And if you think they're gonna work with any of those companies outside of actual development collabs…lol.

Also, crowdfunding has been addressed before; it's not gonna happen outside of the most niche circles in localization. A company like Aksys doing that would be harmful in the long run, as it would hurt their image with JP publishers.

The thing about release delays is twofold though:

They say that having a dub would delay the release for 6+ months, but why?  Sure, if they decided to start the localization of the game after the JP version was finished sure, I can see that.  But, plenty of games companies manage to release their overseas counterparts within short timeframes, including Arc System Works themselves: CT was released in NA within only a few days of the JP release, and CS was released within a month or two, if I recall correctly.  It wasn't until they contracted "Strangely Compelling" for CS Extend that the releases took 6+ months. CS Extend, in particular, had minimal content to localize compared to previous entries, and still had major QA issues that should never have seen the light of day, such as the 'Bang Joke' or the PS3 Japanese glitch. 

I can't help but feel that the reason for some of these localization issues is Arc Sys themselve, not just the simple cost.  If they somehow don't have a good system for localizing their games in place, which seems to be the case given the entries since CS: Extend, that would explain why it would take so long to localize.  If they don't start working on any localization until it's too late that would give delays.  If they're difficult to localize for, that would drive up costs: Think of 'Ni No Kuni," that game was a nightmare to localize because of unnecessary technical issues caused by the original development team's decisions, such as having several different text standards to accommodate each writer.

The "It gets released sooner" argument doesn't really hold water because near simultaneous releases, or at least short delays are possible.  We've seen them before and it's only been since Arc Sys has been cutting corners on the localization that we've seen huge delays.

That's not even getting into the fact that the game has already been out for a year in Arcades in Japan.  The competitive scene in Japan still has a massive head-start.

That's not getting into the fact that many of the people here just import the Japanese version anyways.  Yes, I know importing is expensive and inconvenient, but at least you can still get the game you want.  Saying that it's fine because it'll make getting the game more convenient is a slap in the face to everyone who wants the dub because while you can always import the game to get it when you want, we can never get the dub if it doesn't exist.