kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

Don't know if it was already brought up, but if somebody wonders how they'll handle the Act 1 & 2 intros, outros and quotes outside of Arcade mode: it is possible to select an Act in the options menu (default is Act 3). The description also says that it only affects VS mode.

3 hours ago, Danaiden said:

Don't know if it was already brought up, but if somebody wonders how they'll handle the Act 1 & 2 intros, outros and quotes outside of Arcade mode: it is possible to select an Act in the options menu (default is Act 3). The description also says that it only affects VS mode.

Only affects versus mode?  So then, how do you get the Act I & II arcade stories?  Usually the arcade story is a bit different that the main story, and in the case of CP, actually leads into story mode.

3 hours ago, Narroo said:

Only affects versus mode?  So then, how do you get the Act I & II arcade stories?  Usually the arcade story is a bit different that the main story, and in the case of CP, actually leads into story mode.

You can select which one to play through in the arcade version, so it'll likely be the same for the console version. The wording probably just means it won't extend to online matches.

Other good news: the demo supports legacy controllers and  it works exactly like in GGXrd Revelator. Full release version will definitely have it too.

2 hours ago, Danaiden said:

Other good news: the demo supports legacy controllers and  it works exactly like in GGXrd Revelator. Full release version will definitely have it too.

Demo? What demo?

5 hours ago, Danaiden said:

We were told there would be no demo. Or has that changed?!

It was mentioned somewhere that there's a playable demo in Munich, Germany this weekend. Danaiden was, I believe, specifically noted to be there, so legacy controllers working is probably something he confirmed directly.

Yes, a demo of CF was available at an event (Dreamolition Derby 3) in Munich. It had playable Es, Options were selectable and True Blue, aka the console opening, as Astral Heat BGM was also available (and it sounds great). We also recorded one station off-screen and I think we have about one hour Es footage, which should be available on YouTube by the end of this week.

4 hours ago, kosmos badgirl said:

Game Manicas episode with Mori and some CF gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F43QCQiuVcI

Mai Natsume gameplay starts at the 8:40 mark. Nothing in-depth but personally I like what I see. Looks like you can hold/charge the spear (on the ground) when readying to throw it and makes the spear at least faster (didn't show it changing trajectory though and it is unknown if you can charge the spear in the air). Spear toss will not hit crouching without changing the trajectory though (here it was Amane) unless the opponent is Tager and maybe Azrael. Her variable arts that ends in a flurry of stabs is pretty darn impressive and the combo even ends with ~2.7K damage.

Next Famitsu will bring some information about "Story Mode" in CF.

-----------------------------------------------------

Mai's as a new playable character was predictable since ArcSys posted her new outfit picture. However I don't care much about Mai but I am really curious abut her theme. How is it going to be like if we consider all Mai's metamorphosis through the manga and her balanced personality (compare to cherfuul Makoto and serious-type Tsubaki) as well?

Hope that we will be able to hear some sample before release. I believe that also Variable Heart manga will spoil/expalin something before Central Fiction.

53 minutes ago, Kenji Harima said:

Mai's as a new playable character was predictable since ArcSys posted her new outfit picture. However I don't care much about Mai but I am really curious abut her theme. How is it going to be like if we consider all Mai's metamorphosis through the manga and her balanced personality (compare to cherfuul Makoto and serious-type Tsubaki) as well?

Hope that we will be able to hear some sample before release. I believe that also Variable Heart manga will spoil/expalin something before Central Fiction.

You can hear a tiny bit of Mai's theme in the above gameplay teaser. Mai herself is described as cheerful in her character profile, which makes sense since she stopped being anxious and shy and instead became happy and quite open after overcoming her personal issues during Remix Heart. The change resembled that of Makoto in Heart to Heart, who went from being hostile and sullen to being open, cheerful and energetic. I'd say the main difference between Makoto and Mai is that Makoto is more playful and energetic and that she enjoys teasing her friends.

Variable Heart has already explained how Mai got Outseal. Considering that the chapter coming out in three days will be the last one published before the Japanese release of CF, I doubt that they'll be revealing much more. My guess is that Mai's story in Variable Heart will be fairly self-contained.

PS: I'd say they've been building up towards the inclusion of Mai for a while now. First by mentioning her in the CP story mode and the CT manga adaptation and then by adding two side stories starring her in CP. Plus, the final volume of Remix Heart had already included a sketch of Mai as an adult. I agree that what made her inclusion almost certain was the announcement of a new manga starring her though and the fact she obtained a new weapon of a type that nobody in the existing roster was using.

8 hours ago, Leiopelma said:

You can hear a tiny bit of Mai's theme in the above gameplay teaser. Mai herself is described as cheerful in her character profile, which makes sense since she stopped being anxious and shy and instead became happy and quite open after overcoming her personal issues during Remix Heart. The change resembled that of Makoto in Heart to Heart, who went from being hostile and sullen to being open, cheerful and energetic. I'd say the main difference between Makoto and Mai is that Makoto is more playful and energetic and that she enjoys teasing her friends.

Variable Heart has already explained how Mai got Outseal. Considering that the chapter coming out in three days will be the last one published before the Japanese release of CF, I doubt that they'll be revealing much more. My guess is that Mai's story in Variable Heart will be fairly self-contained.

PS: I'd say they've been building up towards the inclusion of Mai for a while now. First by mentioning her in the CP story mode and the CT manga adaptation and then by adding two side stories starring her in CP. Plus, the final volume of Remix Heart had already included a sketch of Mai as an adult. I agree that what made her inclusion almost certain was the announcement of a new manga starring her though and the fact she obtained a new weapon of a type that nobody in the existing roster was using.

7 hours ago, Leiopelma said:

Thanks Leiopelma.

Still trying to confirm the exact details but seems like preorders of the JP PS4 digital version are getting access to a CF demo right now.

EDIT: So details are:

34 minutes ago, RurouniLoneWolf said:

Has Netplay ONLY this weekend from the 9th-11th

Not true; netplay will available a second time at an as-yet undecided point later this month.

Just now, redsilversnake said:

Not true; netplay will available a second time at an as-yet undecided point later this month.

Thanks for the clarification. That's great to know ^,^ 

Also, seems like the demo supports PS3 controllers in case anyone was wondering https://twitter.com/AFGCNews/status/773355144159301632

1 hour ago, RurouniLoneWolf said:

Still trying to confirm the exact details but seems like preorders of the JP PS4 digital version are getting access to a CF demo right now.

Arc system: I LOVE YOU *_____* already done the preorder, and downloading the demo *_* can't wait

1 hour ago, RurouniLoneWolf said:

Arc system: I LOVE YOU *_____* already done the preorder, and downloading the demo *_* can't wait

1 hour ago, Leiopelma said:

Here's a 5 minute promotional video of the new game, which is somewhat more substantial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AplpZpyZvOA

Also here are the Tao and Tager teasers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytP3U80FnNE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWolGppmQew

One thing bothers me. It says "34 playable characters" in the PV, there are supposed to be 34 of those teasers, too. So what, that's it? No Jubei, or Trinity, or whoever else until CFEX?