kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

Guys about the demo, would you mind looking it up for me, since I have to go to work right now.

1. Is thre only a ps4 one

2. Is the ps3 madcatz fightstick TE compatible with BBCF, since Mori tweeted about that some sticks might not work with it.

16 minutes ago, In&Out said:

One thing bothers me. It says "34 playable characters" in the PV, there are supposed to be 34 of those teasers, too. So what, that's it? No Jubei, or Trinity, or whoever else until CFEX?

I don't imagine there will be any more new characters for months. But even if they are planning to add a new one relatively soon, they won't be available at launch, so saying there are more than 34 characters would be misleading. Also ArcSys likes to reveal information gradually, presumably because this helps maintain interest in their games. It's too soon to outright confirm that there will be future DLC characters. Keeping them under wraps will allow them to have a bigger song and dance routine when they eventually get announced.

24 minutes ago, In&Out said:

One thing bothers me. It says "34 playable characters" in the PV, there are supposed to be 34 of those teasers, too. So what, that's it? No Jubei, or Trinity, or whoever else until CFEX?

Still Jubei or Trinity's request? 

Arc system has just released a demo with tons of characters completely rebalanced. Plus we have 6 new characters (4 in the demo) and some people are still thinking about Jubei? I really don't understand... Can we please be excited about the actual game and think about future characters only when and IF they will release them ?  Goddamn

31 minutes ago, antonymichiru said:

Arc system has just released a demo with tons of characters completely rebalanced. Plus we have 6 new characters (4 in the demo) and some people are still thinking about Jubei? I really don't understand... Can we please be excited about the actual game and think about future characters only when and IF they will release them ?  Goddamn

Hey, just to clarify, I'm not really complaining. I was merely wondering if the fixed number of playable characters means no new announcements for now. And I mentioned Jubei and Trininty simply because they're the most likely to become playable in the future, so it's not a case of "When's Jubei, damnit?!" either. Sheesh.

39 minutes ago, Leiopelma said:

Also ArcSys likes to reveal information gradually, presumably because this helps maintain interest in their games. It's too soon to outright confirm that there will be future DLC characters. Keeping them under wraps will allow them to have a bigger song and dance routine when they eventually get announced.

That's what I wanted to know, thank you. I wasn't around at the times of CP release yet, so I wouldn't know how ArcSys handles this stuff.

Really happy with this, is a treat to be able to play the all the acts before the game releases, this way you can jump directly to the story mode. Downloading now, so looking forward to try Nine :D

3 hours ago, Calamitus said:

It's hard to be excited when ps3 players got nothing again.

Yeah, I'm not happy about that either. I have a PS4 but I'm not online yet and I didn't preorder for the PS4.

So, in the end, people are pre-ordering the JPN version anyways in order to get the game early anyways.

Aside from that, I do have a gameplay question: What's the fastest time the game can poll sequential inputs?  For example, if I want to do inferno divider, what are the minimum number of frames it would take to execute the DP motion?

7 hours ago, Juraya said:

Guys about the demo, would you mind looking it up for me, since I have to go to work right now.

1. Is thre only a ps4 one

2. Is the ps3 madcatz fightstick TE compatible with BBCF, since Mori tweeted about that some sticks might not work with it.

Answered these on the last page but yeah. It's PS4 only and it has legacy support for PS3 sticks.

anyone know if you can shareplay the demo? it keeps saying that it isn't available in my region even though we both have jp accounts. is shareplay region locked?

3 minutes ago, Juraya said:

Alright thanks.

So I just have to buy BBCF and I can preload the demo from the same item?

Yup. More or less. Just preorder the PS4 version from the JP PSN store and then the demo should appear in your Library and allow you to download it.

Honestly, I didn't had high hopes for Mai, but after seeing her gameplay, wow! Just Wow! She has a very good offensive and range! She just seems to lack a meterless reversal, but stills fine for me.

8 hours ago, antonymichiru said:

If you go to a mattress store looking to get a really soft mattress, does some salesman showing you a bunch of really firm mattresses make you just suddenly stop thinking about the really soft mattress you want?

Demo's cool, new characters are cool, and i'll probably pick BBCF up some time, so i'm not going to pretend i'm boycotting or anything, but yes, i'm always thinking of and hoping for playable Jubei. No amount of other characters, or demos, or other content will satisfy me, because it's not what I want. And, before someone's like "you're being selfish, stop being ungrateful and just accept you'll never get what you want and stop having an opinion favoring Jubei!", think about how many releases we've had, DLC characters we've had, etc. I've been settling all this time for the disappointment that is playing without Jubei on the roster, and i'm still here, so don't act like I haven't been patient. The games can be fun for sure, not going to say they're just absolutely unworthy of being played as they are, but they will always, always be less than they could be until the day I can finally play Jubei. When that day comes, i'll be satisfied, but no sooner than that, and I don't blame others if they feel the same way.

The only way I see Jubei to ever become playable is if he turns into some bishounen catboy to overcome his height issues. But hey, Rocket Racoon was fightable, so who knows.

3 minutes ago, ImmaYuukiTerumi said:

The only way I see Jubei to ever become playable is if he turns into some bishounen catboy to overcome his height issues. But hey, Rocket Racoon was fightable, so who knows.

You have no idea the amount of rage i'd have if they changed him in any dramatic way like that.

3 hours ago, Calamitus said:

Mai vs Es from the recent ArcLive stream.

That was a pleasant surprise; I wasn't expecting anymore footage until the 15th. Nice to see Mai in action in addition to seeing her stage and hearing her theme. It seems fitting that her theme is as upbeat as that of Makoto, since they're both friendly and cheerful.

25 minutes ago, narga21 said:

i thought jubei and platinum were the same height

Jubei is 123 cm, Platinum is 142 cm.

4 minutes ago, heavymetalmixer said:

Jubei is smaller.

Something that could be corrected by putting him in his armor and including the helmet parts as part of the hitbox like Carl, plus the armor makes him a little taller anyway. And I know Mori said he didn't want to put Jubei in the armor, but, he's just making excuses to piss on Jubei fans, because it defeats his claim that Jubei's too small and therefore can never be playable (which he made at the same time he said Celica would never be playable because she's not a fighter, and yet here we are).