kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

You have to be the only person who's angry there won't be an Extend version.

Edit: brain fart. Can't remember the difference between angry and happy

3 minutes ago, VermilionBird said:

You have to be the only person who's happy there won't be an Extend version.

Where did you get that i'm happy from? I'm absolutely livid and, frankly, considering cancelling my Central Fiction preorder altogether. No Jubei still, no Jubei ever because there will be no Extend and Blazblue's at its end? No, i'm the polar opposite of happy.

I actually don't think that was the case for Chronophantasma. But I do remember hearing that this would be the case for Central Fiction long ago.

To the one guy who is actually mad about this: This community doesn't need you. It's a poor business practice that they were using that is finally going away and you're mad cuz you didn't get your toy? Unreal. I actually laughed when I read your post..

That aside. I'm glad this game is looking fabulous, not having to buy it twice for balance updates and maybe two characters is a blessing.

2 minutes ago, GEKKA said:

I actually don't think that was the case for Chronophantasma. But I do remember hearing that this would be the case for Central Fiction long ago.

To the one guy who is actually mad about this: This community doesn't need you. It's a poor business practice that they were using that is finally going away and you're mad cuz you didn't get your toy? Unreal. I actually laughed when I read your post..

That aside. I'm glad this game is looking fabulous, not having to buy it twice for balance updates and maybe two characters is a blessing.

It's an even worse business practice to ignore the extremely high fan demand for Jubei all the way to the end.

5 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

It's an even worse business practice to ignore the extremely high fan demand for Jubei all the way to the end.

It's not. If it were damaging the game by not adding it then I'd be more inclined to believe that. But just because our favorite cat isn't in the game doesn't mean the game is harmed. 

2 minutes ago, GEKKA said:

It's not. If it were damaging the game by not adding it then I'd be more inclined to believe that. But just because our favorite cat isn't in the game doesn't mean the game is harmed. 

What exactly needs to happen for you to think the game is damaged then? Of the new characters, we got 3 crossovers (Es, Mai, and Naoto), and 1 character who is basically irrelevant (Hibiki). And yes, ignoring fan demand is a terrible practice.

11 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

Since when were you under the impression that not adding highly requested characters harmed a game's life cycle?

1 minute ago, TekkamanArk said:

What exactly needs to happen for you to think the game is damaged then? Of the new characters, we got 3 crossovers (Es, Mai, and Naoto), and 1 character who is basically irrelevant (Hibiki). And yes, ignoring fan demand is a terrible practice.

Listen honey, I'm not a business expert or anything but what you've outlined still hasn't proven your point that the game has been damaged in any way. I guarantee you when it comes to domestic sales and maybe even international sales this time around this game will not be hurting. 

The demand that all of this games disjointed universes come together has been met.

The demand for new interesting characters has been met.

They aren't ignoring fans except maybe you, so that demand has also been met.

This discussion is over. If you're dissatisfied with the product by all means do not buy it till you get what you want. But don't go around saying the game is this or that because of it until you look at it objectively.

7 minutes ago, Vulcan422 said:

Since when were you under the impression that not adding highly requested characters harmed a game's life cycle?

Since Xrd Sign and since Continuum Shift regular.

I don't know what the article actually says, but Extend has always felt like a cheap way to get more money by having people repay for stuff they already got (considering that the Extend version is only marginally incremental compared to the main game + DLCs). If they're having just the core CF, and adding the rest on as expansions/DLCs, I'm all for it.

The good thing about this is that it won't feel useless to learn a character because his or her way of playing will be changed in a next version. 

That aside, I advise the legendary Wait&See. @TekkamanArk, we never know. They could need some money in two years and decide to do an Extend version.

Also yeah, let's not restart something about Jubei. Those times were the cringiest in all that thread's history.

2 minutes ago, KanaNoir said:

The good thing about this is that it won't feel useless to learn a character because his or her way of playing will be changed in a next version. 

That aside, I advise the legendary Wait&See. @TekkamanArk, we never know. They could need some money in two years and decide to do an Extend version.

Also yeah, let's not restart something about Jubei. Those times were the cringiest in all that thread's history.

I'm continuing with this series entirely in the hopes of playing Jubei at this point. I don't care what you find cringy or whatever, I care for what I started paying money for 7 years ago, and have constantly been dicked around on every occasion by this manchild Mori. This game does look fun, and I do have an interest in Hibiki (as irrelevant to the plot as he is) and Nine, and a slight interest in Es and Mai, but I was getting CF to bide my time for Extend. If there's no Extend, I want a guarantee Jubei will be DLC for this game, or i'm taking that money and putting it on something else and ASW will never see a cent from me again for any of their franchises.

I'm kinda surprised that there won't be an Extend version. I was really counting on that... Well, whatever, at least I don't need to wait way more to get Extend version, which normally comes with all DLCs and some "new" pieces to the story. Meh... but we know Arc long enough to know that something is way off about not making another version for a game. Just look to the past... Continuum Shift, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R (this got around 3 versions, but DLC didn't exist that time), Chronophantasma, Xrd (Which gonna have ANOTHER one, obviously)... I dunno, it is very hard to believe that Extend won't see the light of the day. Hell, even the character select screen has two gapes in the lower section that, if the game won't have an Extend, they could simply put Es and Mai there.

21 minutes ago, GEKKA said:

The demand for new interesting characters has been met.

But still, we aren't over with characters yet. And no, I am not one of "Jubei please", it stills undefined whose that mysterious crest in the opening belongs to. My bet is on Terumen, just because of its similarities with Hakumen's crest, but everything is possible.

1 hour ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

I dunno, it is very hard to believe that Extend won't see the light of the day. Hell, even the character select screen has two gapes in the lower section that, if the game won't have an Extend, they could simply put Es and Mai there

Mai and Es are above Lambda and Nu, so, those 2 ugly gaping spaces are still there.

1 hour ago, TekkamanArk said:

I'm continuing with this series entirely in the hopes of playing Jubei at this point. I don't care what you find cringy or whatever, I care for what I started paying money for 7 years ago, and have constantly been dicked around on every occasion by this manchild Mori. This game does look fun, and I do have an interest in Hibiki (as irrelevant to the plot as he is) and Nine, and a slight interest in Es and Mai, but I was getting CF to bide my time for Extend. If there's no Extend, I want a guarantee Jubei will be DLC for this game, or i'm taking that money and putting it on something else and ASW will never see a cent from me again for any of their franchises.

And nobody will miss you. 

Seriously, why are you making a spectacle of this? If you feel like Arcsys are wronging you by not adding Jubei then just cancel your pre-order and go about your business instead of constantly parroting the same complaints constantly. Nearly every post from you in this thread is complaining about Jubei isn't in the game like its going to accomplish something. If he is literally the only reason you even got into the series at all and stuck with it for this long, then you honestly never gave much of a shit about it to begin with if you feel the need to constantly insult the developers simply for not catering to you.

I understand being upset that your favorite character isn't in the game and I understand venting that frustration, but that's just how it is. Either suck it up or go play something else because the constant bitching towards Mori about not adding Jubei has honestly gotten tiresome at this point.

2 minutes ago, BlackYakuzu94 said:

And nobody will miss you. 

Seriously, why are you making a spectacle of this? If you feel like Arcsys are wronging you by not adding Jubei then just cancel your pre-order and go about your business instead of constantly parroting the same complaints constantly. Nearly every post from you in this thread is complaining about Jubei isn't in the game like its going to accomplish something. If he is literally the only reason you even got into the series at all and stuck with it for this long, then you honestly never gave much of a shit about it to begin with if you feel the need to constantly insult the developers simply for not catering to you.

I understand being upset that your favorite character isn't in the game and I understand venting that frustration, but that's just how it is. Either suck it up or go play something else because the constant bitching towards Mori about not adding Jubei has honestly gotten tiresome at this point.

If nothing is said, developers will think it's fine to act a certain way. Sure, it might be less cringy or whatever if I simply said nothing, but it also accomplishes nothing if I just say nothing and go play something else. I don't truly care how tired or annoying my comments may be to you, because they are not for your sake, they're for mine and for other Jubei fans who also feel frustrated but keep themselves quiet because anyone speaking about wanting Jubei is immediately groaned at and shouted down for...what, wanting a highly regarded and highly requested character? Supporting Jubei in Blazblue has become some sort of weird taboo, so many people don't speak because they get jumped on from tons of random online posters just for wanting their character of choice. It's not as if he's some nobody character, like if someone were raging about Linhua not being in the roster. He's not only a heavily important character in the story, but he's the only member of the Six Heroes not playable in some manner.

And, I got into the series because of Calamity Trigger, I continued it for the sake of seeing Jubei playable however.

Also, who asked for the opinion of third place? (had to do it)

1 minute ago, TekkamanArk said:

If nothing is said, developers will think it's fine to act a certain way.

This is a character not being playable, not a company using child labour.

The reason why people are now seeing Jubei as taboo is because this is a very tiring 7 year old argument that you consistently spring at every available opportunity.

This is a news and gameplay discussion thread. I think I can say for many here that every time my phone buzzes with a notification for this thread, I want to log in and find information or a good discussion, and not ANOTHER complaint about Jubei.

Please. Just make the torture stop.

5 minutes ago, VermilionBird said:

This is a character not being playable, not a company using child labour.

The reason why people are now seeing Jubei as taboo is because this is a very tiring 7 year old argument that you consistently spring at every available opportunity.

This is a news and gameplay discussion thread. I think I can say for many here that every time my phone buzzes with a notification for this thread, I want to log in and find information or a good discussion, and not ANOTHER complaint about Jubei.

Please. Just make the torture stop.

It's a character a lot of people want to play, and it's repeated behavior. They've even gone as far as to outright troll Jubei fans with comments about him being playable in the next game in Teach Me Miss Litchi and making the comment about Jubei and Celica being unable to be playable and then immediately making Celica playable.

Doesn't matter why Jubei is seen as a taboo. Want someone to suck it up? Anti-Jubei fans can suck it up, literally every character of note and even ones from outside the series are playable with exception of one, and that one is Jubei. Mori's been getting away with his bullshit for 7 years. That doesn't make it better or like "you should be used to it", that makes it worse, because no one should have to get used to that. I'll leave my statement at this, but, I wish all of the worst to befall Mori, and it takes a lot to get me to hate someone. I've had plenty of bad experiences, but no one else has ever gotten me to hate them before or since.

The news that there will not be an Extend directly related to the comment about Jubei not being playable, because this means he was, yet again, excluded from the game. The last possible game he could have been playable in.

Torture? You know nothing of it. Your mild annoyance isn't even comparable.

12 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

The news that there will not be an Extend directly related to the comment about Jubei not being playable, because this means he was, yet again, excluded from the game. The last possible game he could have been playable in.

Just remember this: Nothing is guaranteed. As you said, Celica was meant to be unplayable and here she is. We are talking about Mori, that man pull the weirdest tricks when you least expect. Naoto, Es, the whole story right now... the guy always know when to catch us off guard.

Sorry guys, I had to do this. But let's just stop this before it gets way nastier. Forget about Jubei right now.

Newsflash: being vocal about something that you want to be in a game you like doesn't mean shit unless the developer deems it worthwhile. Only the most incompetent devs listen exclusively to everything their most vocal fans say and their games end up suffering for it because they let consumers run roughshod all over them. *cough*NetherRealm Studios*cough*.

Now please stop with this nonsense before we all end up under martial law. Know your place.

14 minutes ago, Vulcan422 said:

Newsflash: being vocal about something that you want to be in a game you like doesn't mean shit unless the developer deems it worthwhile. Only the most incompetent devs listen exclusively to everything their most vocal fans say and their games end up suffering for it because they let consumers run roughshod all over them. *cough*NetherRealm Studios*cough*.

Now please stop with this nonsense before we all end up under martial law.

Sure, what I want is nonsense. What you want though, totally acceptable and important. I mean, fuck Jubei and people who like him, right? Jubei fans should just suck it up and be happy that they got pissed on for 7 years, shouldn't be any complaints about that. Even if there were, don't complain about anything, it might upset someone.

Except I have every right to have my opinion and express it as I deem fit so long as it's not violent. And, unless we mastered the technology to travel through the internet and pop out of someone's computer and I don't know about it, i'm not assaulting anyone. Someone talked about community, but, any community silences someone for having a different opinion is barely one at all. So no, I won't be forgetting Jubei, or Mori's transgressions.