kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

14 hours ago, kosmos badgirl said:

No character specific trophies?, I'm going to miss them.

Maybe that's on purpose. If the trophy list got leaked early and revealed the final console exclusive character, that'd blow the hype down, like with Mai's trailer coming after she was already announced.

6 minutes ago, MelodyEmeraldCross said:

Maybe that's on purpose. If the trophy list got leaked early and revealed the final console exclusive character, that'd blow the hype down, like with Mai's trailer coming after she was already announced.

Can you call that the same thing when Mai was officially announced before her trailer released? That seems more like poor internal communication in her case. Though I do hope you're right, mostly because it'd be weird to not have a story unlock character.

Just now, TekkamanArk said:

Can you call that the same thing when Mai was officially announced before her trailer released? That seems more like poor internal communication in her case. Though I do hope you're right, mostly because it'd be weird to not have a story unlock character.

I'm mainly calling the hype being lessened the same, not the situation. I hate to specifically bring the Jubei situation up again, but can you imagine, especially in your case, if you found out Jubei was playable by seeing a trophy specifically for him, and not a hyped up trailer? Or Terumen or whoever the hell that mystery crest belongs to. It would, as you put it, but a really poor internal communication situation.

Though personally, I think we still have two DLC opportunities. The mystery crest can take the place above Izanami, and the two others can take the spots below Tager and Amane. Terumen, Jubei, and Trinity. That's three characters, all relevant to the story and have been important or hinted at. All three are in the opening so its not some random Es or Mai or Naoto suddenly being playable, either.

2 minutes ago, MelodyEmeraldCross said:

I'm mainly calling the hype being lessened the same, not the situation. I hate to specifically bring the Jubei situation up again, but can you imagine, especially in your case, if you found out Jubei was playable by seeing a trophy specifically for him, and not a hyped up trailer? Or Terumen or whoever the hell that mystery crest belongs to. It would, as you put it, but a really poor internal communication situation.

Though personally, I think we still have two DLC opportunities. The mystery crest can take the place above Izanami, and the two others can take the spots below Tager and Amane. Terumen, Jubei, and Trinity. That's three characters, all relevant to the story and have been important or hinted at. All three are in the opening so its not some random Es or Mai or Naoto suddenly being playable, either.

Honestly in my case, if I had confirmation at all that'd be hype enough. I'd be waiting for a trailer at that point, of course, but, i'd be happy for outright confirmation.

I do hope we have more DLC characters coming, though along with simply wanting Jubei, I also just really hate looking at the asymmetry on the character select screen. We'd honestly need 4 characters to make it perfectly even though, and I couldn't possibly imagine that being the case. Terumen seems like a surefire character though and i'm interested in him, my interest in Jubei stands noted, and I would want to see how Trinity would differentiate herself from Platinum and Nine. Maybe Trinity would be someone who summons minions to fight for her since she has been shown to be able to create people?

Just now, TekkamanArk said:

Honestly in my case, if I had confirmation at all that'd be hype enough. I'd be waiting for a trailer at that point, of course, but, i'd be happy for outright confirmation.

I do hope we have more DLC characters coming, though along with simply wanting Jubei, I also just really hate looking at the asymmetry on the character select screen. We'd honestly need 4 characters to make it perfectly even though, and I couldn't possibly imagine that being the case. Terumen seems like a surefire character though and i'm interested in him, my interest in Jubei stands noted, and I would want to see how Trinity would differentiate herself from Platinum and Nine. Maybe Trinity would be someone who summons minions to fight for her since she has been shown to be able to create people?

True true. I just personally would feel like they gave a damn (or just wanted to shut us up) if we got a trailer to reveal him, and not just reading a trophy description.

I always thought it would be hella fun if Trinity was a little bit of Nine with some of Hisako from Killer Instinct. Long range with Muchourin; possession command grab because lolSheDead; Dormammu spells like Nine but different elements, like maybe Light (Healing or Buffs), Dark (HP/Meter Stealing and Debuffs/Ailments), and something else? I don't know, I just want everyone happy and not ending up disappointed with the final roster. 

6 hours ago, MelodyEmeraldCross said:

They did the exact same thing with both Es and Mai; they published a Famitsu article describing them and only later revealed their trailers. That was clearly deliberate in both cases, since there was a long wait between the articles and the trailers. I don't remember if they also did that with Nine and Izanami, though I remember that a quick shot of Nine was included in one of the early trailers before she got any official announcement.

11 minutes ago, Leiopelma said:

They did the exact same thing with both Es and Mai; they published a Famitsu article describing them and only later revealed their trailers. That was clearly deliberate in both cases, since there was a long wait between the articles and the trailers. I don't remember if they also did that with Nine and Izanami, though I remember that a quick shot of Nine was included in one of the early trailers before she got any official announcement.

I remember Izanami getting her trailer after Famitsu describing her float gameplay, about Nine... I guess she got Famitsu before her trailer, but it said more about her spells and the fact she doesn't have a Drive (D is for releasing the spell). Nine just got way more hyped for some people because of her peek in CF first trailer, and seems they made the hype less and less efficient as the game goes. Izanami did get some good amount of hype, however, the time between Nine's Act1 arcade to Izzy's trailer was a little short, while Es got leaked and we thought she wouldn't be possible at first because Xblaze Universe and BB Universe.

And, lastly, Mai got a "what if" since her novel, but since how wild was the conflict in the story, we couldn't remember her as a possibility, and when she got revealed? Kinda obvious that many people here didn't expected, but, at the same time, they knew this would happen sooner or later.

If Terumen becomes to be playable, we know how low its hype will be, since its crest (or we assume it is) was shown in the opening as the devil itself appeared.

1 hour ago, Leiopelma said:

No no, I know it was more deliberate than anything. It just makes more sense to release the trailer and get everyone excited, which brings more people to read the Famitsu articles. Deliberate or not is not what I was bringing up, the fact that it kills the hype is what I was getting at. I should have worded that better, so that's my bad.

21 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

How do you get them?

You have to make an account first. You can use PayPal now on there now.

Here's the Dengeki PlayStation link: https://bookwalker.jp/de0c1c282f-8a2e-4c90-8b6d-3040e6c3ccba/電撃PlayStation-Vol-623-【プロダクトコード付き】/

Note: the code is there, but can't use it until the 6th of October in Japan. 

Here's the Famitsu link: https://bookwalker.jp/de5a22fbb6-fe15-4a64-9564-58b682bf4571/週刊ファミ通-2016年10月13日号/

Note: Any code in this isn't available til the game's release date. 

Use this link as a guide how to navigate through the site and how to get your codes and make an account. This is how I did it. 

14 hours ago, Shadow_Aizen said:

This is just me, but does anyone else besides me hope that whoever has the demo, the P$ they earn will transfer to the full game?

Eh the in-game currency is hardly an issue if you abuse the Abyss mode (or whatever the Linhua they call it in Central Fiction). A few runs here or there and you have more P$ than you know what to do with. I managed to buy out the entire contents of the gallery, all the My Room items and filled out my pachinko items in less than a day just playing that mode alone. So you probably shouldn't worry about P$ transferring from demo to full.

8 minutes ago, Luminos564 said:

Eh the in-game currency is hardly an issue if you abuse the Abyss mode (or whatever the Linhua they call it in Central Fiction). A few runs here or there and you have more P$ than you know what to do with. I managed to buy out the entire contents of the gallery, all the My Room items and filled out my pachinko items in less than a day just playing that mode alone. So you probably shouldn't worry about P$ transferring from demo to full.

Well, I thought asked. Only a few more days to go.

Can anyone 100% confirm for me whether or not the Japanese PS3 version will be available for digital download? I know obviously the PS4 version is because of the demo, but I can't find any info for the PS3 version. I assume it will be available after Tuesday when PSN updates but I'm a naturally anxious and pessimistic person. Need to know since I'm povertyboyz. Thanks in advance to whoever can assist me! <3

Right, gonna ask here because I've heard nothing about it so far.

Has there been any information as to whether or not there'll be a Material Collection for Central Fiction? I can imagine if they released it earlier there would be quite a bit of spoilers, but there hasn't been any word on it.

I'm a sucker for behind-the-scenes stuff.

1 hour ago, MaximusMurkimus said:

Has there been any information as to whether or not there'll be a Material Collection for Central Fiction? I can imagine if they released it earlier there would be quite a bit of spoilers, but there hasn't been any word on it.

MaximusMurkimus, you're the only one who is wondering either. I have all the Material Collection books except Centralfiction's. Hope it gets released soon.

4 hours ago, MelodyEmeraldCross said:

Can anyone 100% confirm for me whether or not the Japanese PS3 version will be available for digital download? I know obviously the PS4 version is because of the demo, but I can't find any info for the PS3 version. I assume it will be available after Tuesday when PSN updates but I'm a naturally anxious and pessimistic person. Need to know since I'm povertyboyz. Thanks in advance to whoever can assist me! <3

Don't worry about it, its still confirming that the PS3 version will get a digital download, I mean, what PS game these days on the PS store doesn't have a digital release these days.

Also, not Tuesday, Thursday (or for US folk, sometime hopefully late-night Wednesday ), since JP releases their games on Thursdays, u know.

2 hours ago, NeoStrayCat said:

Don't worry about it, its still confirming that the PS3 version will get a digital download, I mean, what PS game these days on the PS store doesn't have a digital release these days.

Also, not Tuesday, Thursday (or for US folk, sometime hopefully late-night Wednesday ), since JP releases their games on Thursdays, u know.

Oooh, I thought it was Tuesdays. Well, thank you! I feel less stressed out now.

6 hours ago, MaximusMurkimus said:

And the official soundtrack, I hope they announce both in the stream they will be doing to celebrate the launch of the game.