kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

I really don't know if this source is reliable, but was found in some discussions in BB wiki:

https://a.uguu.se/8m4gm8ggir6a_jpn_idlist.txt

Apparently, seems to be some datamining...

Oh, by the way, Mai's theme seems to be "VARIABLE HEART"

EDIT: Hm... Some intriguing texts about Mai too, speacially her command list, but no inputs... Look, an Astral Heat!

Shu臨"Hihasuao Saku耶" ( "Ya tragic love creation," Zhu Lin):

"wide range of Cleave attack It was carried out, and buried their opponents with a super powerful javelin from the sky."

15 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

I really don't know if this source is reliable, but was found in some discussions in BB wiki:

https://a.uguu.se/8m4gm8ggir6a_jpn_idlist.txt

Apparently, seems to be some datamining...

Oh, by the way, Mai's theme seems to be "VARIABLE HEART"

That's interesting, but i'm not sure what I should glean from this really. It's also got character file listings for Nago, Gi, and others. Probably just sound files. Part of me was hoping for definitive proof that Jubei will be playable, but, if Jubei was the JB entry, it seems strange.

Have we seen a tier list since Izanami's been playable? What are player's opinions currently, barring the newer character's obviously(Es and Susanoo).

Anyone know where I can find translations for Grim of Abyss mode? or even info on how the stuff works?

16 minutes ago, CosmicShadow99 said:

Have we seen a tier list since Izanami's been playable? What are player's opinions currently, barring the newer character's obviously(Es and Susanoo).

I think we need to wait on a tier list until Mai is released. Anywho, the only Tier lists I can find are Fumi and Fenrich's and they are incomplete and a few months old already

2 hours ago, Shadow_Aizen said:

Okay, can someone show me what the cover looks like for the Famitsu colors? I can't find it on my Bookwalker account anywhere and want to make sure I bought the right issue.

It's this issue, the one where the Famitsu mascot rides the Rathalos from Monster Hunter Stories: https://www.amazon.co.jp/週刊ファミ通-2016年10月20日号/dp/B01L8XHPOG/ref=pd_sim_14_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=GHWAYCRH8CTXCJ5WP9MF

Spoiler

91YlOIr2j8L.jpg

16 hours ago, Vulcan422 said:

Let's see...

• Ragna: Reisi Munakata (K, voice actor reference)
  • Jin: ???
  • Noel: ???
  • Rachel: ???
  • Taokaka: Blake Belladonna (RWBY)
  • Tager: Finn (Adventure Time)
  • Litchi: ???
  • Arakune: Jake (Adventure Time)
  • Bang: ???
  • Carl & Nirvana: Daisaku Kusama & Giant Robo
  • Hakumen: ???
  • Nu: ???
  • Tsubaki: ???
  • Hazama: ???
  • Mu: ??? (Gundam)
  • Makoto: ???
  • Valkenhayn: ??
  • Platinum: ???
  • Relius: ???
  • Izayoi: Weiss Schnee (RWBY)
  • Amane: Kuja (Final Fantasy IX, voice actor reference)
  • Bullet: Yang Xiao Long (RWBY)
  • Azrael: ???
  • Kagura: Maes Hughes (Fullmetal Alchemist, voice actor reference)
  • Kokonoe: ???
  • Terumi: ???
  • Celica: ???
  • Lambda: ???
  • Hibiki: Can be either Eren Yeager or Levi Ackerman (Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin)
  • Naoto: Zapp Renfro (Blood Blockade Battlefront)
  • Nine: Kneesocks (Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, voice actor reference)
  • Izanami: C.C. (Code Geass, voice actor reference)
  • Es: Ruby Rose (RWBY)
  • Mai: ???
  • Rachel = Ononoki (Bakemonogatari)
  • Litchi = That goddess from Konosuba
  • Makoto = One of those girls that are actually battleships
  • Kokonoe = I think that's also an Adventure Time character.
  • Celica/Nirvana = That couple from that kissing sword hentai show that's not Senran Kagura

I'm not being that helpful. lol

But Naoto's and Hibiki's are pretty much spot on for their characters.

7 minutes ago, werewolfgold said:
  • Kokonoe = I think that's also an Adventure Time character.

It's Princess Bubblegum

1 hour ago, Danaiden said:

It's this issue, the one where the Famitsu mascot rides the Rathalos from Monster Hunter Stories: https://www.amazon.co.jp/週刊ファミ通-2016年10月20日号/dp/B01L8XHPOG/ref=pd_sim_14_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=GHWAYCRH8CTXCJ5WP9MF

Hide contents

91YlOIr2j8L.jpg

Damn, got the wrong one. I got this one instead:

t_x200.jpg

Thanks again Danaiden

Are those actually Adventure Time palettes or just some guy's speculation 'cause that is wayyy arbitrary. I saw AT plushes and stuff in UFO catchers a few times last year, but never got the impression it was popular. Was assistant teaching grades 5-9 and no one ever mentioned it / had merch or clothes / none of their many TV and movie themed arts and crafts were of AT. Maybe it's like a reverse anime and only adults watch it.

Also, if they really are supposed to At themed, bums me out that they gave PB to Kokonuts 'cause I don't like her...but thematically it makes sense since she's a scientist with questionable morals who plays god...oh wait, that's actually perfect.

On 10 Oktober 2016 at 0:00 AM, Chaoschao222 said:

The pacing of it is really off. Specifically with the final group, difficulty jumps up and down arbitrarily. Some bosses' mechanics are so radical that they make fights huge chores, then their immediate successor is just a standard kill 'em to death fight. It's off-putting. For example, the 2nd to last fight is by far the hardest, meanwhile the final fight is standard in every way.

I'm overall content with Grim of Abyss as it feels like a contained experience like its sister modes, but with odd balancing on the bosses and absolutely no payoff for completing (unless something changes upon beating the 32 bosses in a row, rather than one to three at a time), it's kinda disappointing.

Do we get anything if we clear boss rush in 1 run?

I really want to play as boss mode nine lol

and yeah I agree the depth 31 is the hardest, I need to abuse the pause button to beat her lol

On 10.10.2016 at 10:24 AM, Vulcan422 said:

Let's see...

• Ragna: Reisi Munakata (K, voice actor reference)
  • Jin: ???
  • Noel: ???
  • Rachel: ???
  • Taokaka: Blake Belladonna (RWBY)
  • Litchi: ???
  • Bang: ???
  • Carl & Nirvana: Daisaku Kusama & Giant Robo
  • Hakumen: ???
  • Nu: ???
  • Tsubaki: ???
  • Hazama: ???
  • Mu: ??? (Gundam)
  • Makoto: ???
  • Valkenhayn: ??
  • Platinum: ???
  • Relius: ???
  • Izayoi: Weiss Schnee (RWBY)
  • Amane: Kuja (Final Fantasy IX, voice actor reference)
  • Bullet: Yang Xiao Long (RWBY)
  • Azrael: ???
  • Kagura: Maes Hughes (Fullmetal Alchemist, voice actor reference)
  • Kokonoe: ???
  • Terumi: ???
  • Celica: ???
  • Lambda: ???
  • Hibiki: Can be either Eren Yeager or Levi Ackerman (Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin)
  • Naoto: Zapp Renfro (Blood Blockade Battlefront)
  • Nine: Kneesocks (Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, voice actor reference)
  • Izanami: C.C. (Code Geass, voice actor reference)
  • Es: Ruby Rose (RWBY)
  • Mai: ???

Filling in some blanks:

Jin - Uguisumaru (Touken Ranbu, same VA)
Tsubaki - Oda Nobunaga (Fate/Grand Order)
Hazama - Matsuno Karamatsu (Osomatsu-san, same VA)
Azrael - Jake Martinez (Tiger & Bunny)
Terumi - male psychic (7th Dragon 2020)
Celica - Tokonome Mamori and Shikishima Mirei (Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid)
Mai - Mizuki Eiri (Getsuei Gakuen -kou-)

Hazama and Mai are the most amusing to me, since Karamatsu and Hazama are both antisocial egotists, while Eiri is the protagonist of a visual novel written by Sugita (Ragna's VA).

1 hour ago, SoWL said:

Hazama and Mai are the most amusing to me, since Karamatsu and Hazama are both antisocial egotists, while Eiri is the protagonist of a visual novel written by Sugita (Ragna's VA).

Sugita didn't write ASW's remake. I never did confirm whether he just planned the story for the original or wrote it himself, though.

The palette is also another VA reference, as Saori Hayami voices Eiri in the remake.

22 minutes ago, Redhydra said:

$79.99, GodDAMN. That's getting a little too rich for my blood. But the "demo" (honestly, it's more like early access than anything else) should tide me over until release date. Not seeing any other bonus for digital pre-order other than the demo either but eh, whatever. I already bought it. Might as well use these 20 remaining days to practice. Hopefully netplay is included in the package.

5 minutes ago, Luminos564 said:

$79.99, GodDAMN. That's getting a little too rich for my blood. But the "demo" (honestly, it's more like early access than anything else) should tide me over until release date. Not seeing any other bonus for digital pre-order other than the demo either but eh, whatever. I already bought it. Might as well use these 20 remaining days to practice. Hopefully netplay is included in the package.

$79.99? What? This clearly says $59.99....

12 minutes ago, MLSTRM said:

It's $79.99 CAD, $59.99 USD

This. For the record, no Network mode available. No Challenges/Trials either. Disappointing to say the least. Also, for some weird reason, the newcomers (Naoto, Nine, Izanami) don't have their Astrals unlocked. Not sure why the need for that but there you go.

On 10/10/2016 at 3:24 AM, Vulcan422 said:

Don't know how to react that my two mains are a set from a cartoon... can we make Jin's alt color be the Ice King or something?

Ice King would be pretty funny, but pretty close to his default aside from skin color.

btw

Makoto = Yukikaze from Kantai Collection (hate that I know that)

Valk = Gargoyle from Nadia the Secret of Blue Water

5 hours ago, redsilversnake said:

Sugita didn't write ASW's remake. I never did confirm whether he just planned the story for the original or wrote it himself, though.

The palette is also another VA reference, as Saori Hayami voices Eiri in the remake.

If nothing else, VNDB cites him as the "Original creator":
https://vndb.org/v9774

And I should've totally checked her voice actress, yeah.

On 10/10/2016 at 1:55 PM, TekkamanArk said:

That's interesting, but i'm not sure what I should glean from this really. It's also got character file listings for Nago, Gi, and others. Probably just sound files. Part of me was hoping for definitive proof that Jubei will be playable, but, if Jubei was the JB entry, it seems strange.

There's a bunch of system voice packs that replace the announcer (mostly playables but it includes a few that aren't like Gii/Nago/Kajun/etc). 

Jubei has one of those, which wouldn't say much on its own... but then he has a character select screen call out in all 40 voice packs with the rest of the playables. The character select call outs appear to be in release order, and Jubei is after Mai, so he's likely intended to be DLC for later.

Not that he's a lock or anything. You usually do voice recordings in batches, so they might have just included just in case they finally figured out how to get him to work in the game. "Too short" doesn't seem to be an issue anymore with Es around, at least. She's not much taller than he is.