kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

4 hours ago, MoneyD90 said:

Odd they don't include digital. The demo alone is enough to get most players to pre-order and I'm sure that's where a majority of the sales are just because.

Maybe they don't have access to the digital sales numbers. 

14 hours ago, werewolfgold said:

Hmmmm... That's a pretty huge drop off. I wonder what the problem is.

Arc's ridiculous release practice has caught up with them. I'm sure some people have bought the game digitally as well, but people in Japan are NOT required to buy a home version when they can play in the arcade at any time. Eventually all the characters will be available for the arcades as well. They really need to start making the home versions for non-homeland consumers first and continue to make profit with arcades in Japan. Capcom didn't even release an arcade version to SFV and look how many East Asian players they had play the game at Evo. They may have to go console-exclusive AT FIRST if they want bigger sales.

Want Blazblue? Buy the console version. There will be an arcade version, but it won't be for a while. 

That would actually allow them more time to make content for the game and get all the translation work done better/faster. They would also be able to sell more arcade sticks and game pads.

8 hours ago, Ans_T said:

Maybe they don't have access to the digital sales numbers. 

Digital numbers are published in a separate list, but is a monthly list, is going to take sometime before we know the digital sales, is not going to be that much anyway.

5 hours ago, TekkamanArk said:

This is distressing, since they said DLC will be based on fan demand. If they're basing numbers on Japanese fans, they may just decide there's not enough support to merit DLC.

It's not all bad. The roster is plentiful enough already. I'm having a hard time actually gauging how long it'll take me to:

-Learn Susanoo.
-Get match-up experience with all the OTHER 34 characters on the roster (Es and Mai included) for him.

I'm not even sure more characters are needed at this point and in retrospect, Mori making the claim that he'd add more characters via DLC based on fan demand shouldn't be taken at face value. 

31 minutes ago, Luminos564 said:

It's not all bad. The roster is plentiful enough already. I'm having a hard time actually gauging how long it'll take me to:

-Learn Susanoo.
-Get match-up experience with all the OTHER 34 characters on the roster (Es and Mai included) for him.

I'm not even sure more characters are needed at this point and in retrospect, Mori making the claim that he'd add more characters via DLC based on fan demand shouldn't be taken at face value. 

I want Jubei. Doesn't matter if we have 35 of 470, we're still missing the 1 that I want, so i'm upset about anything hurting his chances.

19 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

I want Jubei. Doesn't matter if we have 35 of 470, we're still missing the 1 that I want, so i'm upset about anything hurting his chances.

These numbers are normal for the series (CP was an outlier).

They're also only covering digital and it's a pretty safe bet that most went that route because of the demo thing. It had training/netplay/arcade mode all available weeks in advance.

I doubt Jubei would get cancelled either, he seems to be the last planned character that they have cooking. Doubt they would scrap stuff that's currently in development over this. Fans of Kajun/Trinity have more to worry about there.

11 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

I'm curious. How can you hurt a character's chances, if they were never planned in the first place?

Likewise, personal wishing gets you nothing. There's plenty of characters I'd want too (like an alternate form of Ragna, Kiro, Acht and Suzukaka) but I know well enough to not expect anything. I go with what's released, not what kinda-sorta-maybe-will-or-not.

Also, I'm not sure if this is the place to ask, but is BlazBlue manageable/playable with a fight pad? I was thinking of grabbing the Fight Commander (PS4) since I am finding some things really awkward and stiff on the PS4 controller, so I was wondering if anyone here plays on it/has experience with them?

4 minutes ago, Luminos564 said:

(like an alternate form of Ragna, Kiro, Acht and Suzukaka)

Let's be fair, your wishlist is super obscure (very cool characters, but still).

39 minutes ago, jeffery the skeleton said:

These numbers are normal for the series (CP was an outlier).

They're also only covering digital and it's a pretty safe bet that most went that route because of the demo thing. It had training/netplay/arcade mode all available weeks in advance.

I doubt Jubei would get cancelled either, he seems to be the last planned character that they have cooking. Doubt they would scrap stuff that's currently in development over this. Fans of Kajun/Trinity have more to worry about there.

Not really, they have boobs so Japan will make sure they get in first.

13 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

Not really, they have boobs so Japan will make sure they get in first.

They don't have CSS shoutouts recorded for all 40 voice packs right now, so it's not too likely. If Jubei had that sort of work done for him already he's well on his way.

and it's not really comparable to the Kazuma/Hibiki scraps, if it was a remnant of cut content it wouldn't have been after Mai.

1 hour ago, TekkamanArk said:

I want Jubei.

We know; stop making a new fucking post about it every week just to say something you've drilled into our heads and beat the dead horse further.  This is the CF news thread, not the "TekkamanArk Endlessly Complains About Jubei Not Being Playable Thread."

I think those numbers are normal. The fighters, in general, are falling slowly. SFV sold less than its predecessor, KOFXIV sold poorly, Xrd and Revelator didn't sell that much either. I think most people doesn't want fighters right now. And we can scale this even to console games in general. The sales numbers in console games are much lower than they used to be years ago.

I think that BB needs a break (it hurts :( ). I hope they give some DLC support to see characters like Jubei in (and why not a couple more :3), balancing support and ports to other platforms (please, no extend). Then, maybe some years in the future they can revive the saga with some major visual/gameplay changes. Right now, the market is changing, look at the mobiles (arcades is also a thing over there), they are going strong and console numbers is a reflection of that. BB will not survive in that console struggle (very few games are managing to do that), it needs to rest and maybe to come back later when the demand is higher. Just let's enjoy what we have and play the s*** out of it :D . BB has been an awesome saga and it has demonstrated its great value over the years. For me, CF is the best iteration so far, one of the most solid fighting games so far. Sales numbers reflect how much demand a game had, and right now console games demand is not high. This is my opinion.

This is mostly incidental since most people don't use Stylish and even fewer people appreciate its existence, but there were some major changes to how the mode works going from BBCP to BBCF.

Stylish is no longer missing normals or special/super inputs from Technical. As far as pressing the ABCD buttons in neutral go, other than a lack of manual Barrier (you still auto-barrier-guard all attacks), everything works exactly the same in Stylish as it does in Technical. This means you can do specials and supers the real way, and perform RCs, CTs, and CAs as normal. Instead, like Xrd Revelator's Stylish, there is now an additional SP button (which can be assigned in button settings and doesn't do anything in Technical) for Stylish mode that has specials and super assigned to it. The general trend seems to put DPs (with their invincibility removed) on 5SP, other specials on 2, 6, and sometimes 3, and supers on 4SP. This limits Stylish mode to one simple input super (4SP, which also changes into Astral if the conditions are met), but is probably done because you can technically do all the supers anyway (the traditional way).

The auto-combo system is still pretty much the same, but now, if conditions are met, Stylish mode will actually auto-confirm into Astral.

So, sorry to change the subject a bit but I'm curious on something. A lot of people have been messaging/tweeting me saying there was an update to CF to ver 1.02? Anyone know anything about this?

13 minutes ago, DaRealZil said:

So, sorry to change the subject a bit but I'm curious on something. A lot of people have been messaging/tweeting me saying there was an update to CF to ver 1.02? Anyone know anything about this?

It's apparently to fix some online bugs.

1 hour ago, zankoku said:

This is mostly incidental since most people don't use Stylish and even fewer people appreciate its existence, but there were some major changes to how the mode works going from BBCP to BBCF.

Stylish is no longer missing normals or special/super inputs from Technical. As far as pressing the ABCD buttons in neutral go, other than a lack of manual Barrier (you still auto-barrier-guard all attacks), everything works exactly the same in Stylish as it does in Technical. This means you can do specials and supers the real way, and perform RCs, CTs, and CAs as normal. Instead, like Xrd Revelator's Stylish, there is now an additional SP button (which can be assigned in button settings and doesn't do anything in Technical) for Stylish mode that has specials and super assigned to it. The general trend seems to put DPs (with their invincibility removed) on 5SP, other specials on 2, 6, and sometimes 3, and supers on 4SP. This limits Stylish mode to one simple input super (4SP, which also changes into Astral if the conditions are met), but is probably done because you can technically do all the supers anyway (the traditional way).

The auto-combo system is still pretty much the same, but now, if conditions are met, Stylish mode will actually auto-confirm into Astral.

I realized this while playing Story Mode. I set the options to "Stylish Type" since I had no idea what it was, thinking it was a text setting. Turns out it was Stylish Mode, and it took me a while to notice because the normals were there; meanwhile I was getting confused at the combos that were coming out when I made my inputs.

On 10/10/2016 at 8:39 PM, JustaMaskedFreak said:

EDIT: Hm... Some intriguing texts about Mai too, speacially her command list, but no inputs... Look, an Astral Heat!

Shu臨"Hihasuao Saku耶" ( "Ya tragic love creation," Zhu Lin):

"wide range of Cleave attack It was carried out, and buried their opponents with a super powerful javelin from the sky."

Here's the name and description of Mai's Astral.

朱臨「緋蓮蒼朔耶」(しゅりん「ひれんそうさくや」)

広範囲の薙ぎ払い攻撃を行い、上空から超強力な槍投げで相手を葬ります。

From what I can gather it's called "Shurin (hiren sousakuya)" meaning "Vermilion Confrontation"? And the description says that it's an attack that destroys its target with a super-powerful javelin throw from the sky that mows down everything within a vast range.

Can anyone fluent in Japanese confirm/deny any of this?

24 minutes ago, Leiopelma said:

"Shurin (hiren sousakuya)" meaning "Vermillion Confrontation"

Oh, nice, a reference about Noel, probably because Mai loves her food... Just joking here.

Jokes aside, most of these datamined files I used google tradutor to help, so, there might be a chance to some things still hidden in japanese or something like that, right?

8 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Oh, nice, a reference about Noel, probably because Mai loves her food... Just joking here.

Jokes aside, most of these datamined files I used google tradutor to help, so, there might be a chance to some things still hidden in japanese or something like that, right?

The serious answer is that the kanji for "gallia sphyra" means "crimson bullet/sphere". The name vermilion is a reference to the fact the spear is red.

The description of Mai's astral makes it sound similar to the ultimate attack of Lancer from Fate/Stay Night, which was an attack involving him running towards his enemy, jumping high in the air and throwing his spear with enough power to destroy an area containing up to 40 enemies.

2 hours ago, Leiopelma said:

Here's the name and description of Mai's Astral.

朱臨「緋蓮蒼朔耶」(しゅりん「ひれんそうさくや」)

広範囲の薙ぎ払い攻撃を行い、上空から超強力な槍投げで相手を葬ります。

From what I can gather it's called "Shurin (hiren sousakuya)" meaning "Vermilion Confrontation"? And the description says that it's an attack that destroys its target with a super-powerful javelin throw from the sky that mows down everything within a vast range.

Can anyone fluent in Japanese confirm/deny any of this?

So it's Tsubaki Astral 3.0?