kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

48 minutes ago, Leiopelma said:

ArcSys like to stagger their announcements and releases, which makes sense since that way people less likely to overlook some of them. If Jubei does gets added I'm extremely doubtful that they'll announce him before Mai is out, since that would steal her thunder.

Actually, if you analyze CF, there are some cases like that. I may be utterly wrong, but let's see.

Take for example Hibiki and Naoto. Both of them got overshadowed by Nine in many aspects: Hype and Gameplay mainly.

Es can be another example too, true she did sparkle a lot when announced, but after knowing that Susanoo exists, she lost a real good part of her spotlight to share her stage with the big guy, and now that he is available online, many people will come with him online, almost like it was with Sin, Elphelt and Johnny in GG.

Speaking of Terumen, that guy will really get nerfed when Mai comes out. You can chain his 3C in (almost) everything! (Not complaining, but even me, that look foward to play with him see how broken he is currently)

1 hour ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Actually, if you analyze CF, there are some cases like that. I may be utterly wrong, but let's see.

Take for example Hibiki and Naoto. Both of them got overshadowed by Nine in many aspects: Hype and Gameplay mainly.

Es can be another example too, true she did sparkle a lot when announced, but after knowing that Susanoo exists, she lost a real good part of her spotlight to share her stage with the big guy, and now that he is available online, many people will come with him online, almost like it was with Sin, Elphelt and Johnny in GG.

Speaking of Terumen, that guy will really get nerfed when Mai comes out. You can chain his 3C in (almost) everything! (Not complaining, but even me, that look foward to play with him see how broken he is currently)

Come to think of it, those announcements were made around the time the characters were released. So it's likely that a possible Jubei announcement will be made when Mai drops. That way it actually keeps the hype train rolling, the only change is the character leading it.

... It feels weird actually being able to discuss a possible Jubei announcement with somewhat solid evidence instead of crazy theories and wishes.

6 hours ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Nah. If there's any balance changes to be had, it'll be after Mai takes her rightful spot on the roster. It wouldn't really make sense otherwise. And Susanoo hardly has anything really worth nerfing at the moment. For one, he's very very fresh and unexplored. For two, he needs to focus on unlocking his stuff to really work his magic. I'd suggest waiting it out for a bit until matches of him become more abundant before making any calls on that. 

On 10/13/2016 at 5:36 PM, zankoku said:

Historically NA version BB isn't compatible with JP version DLC colors, but for BBCP, ASW simply released magazine code colors as a free DLC pack for the NA release.

Yeah, well, going off what zankoku said, yes, it has been free, but only on Vanilla CP stateside, the magazine colors were paid in CPE, and those are different ones. I doubt they'll be free/paid again in CF.

On 10/13/2016 at 5:37 PM, Shadow_Aizen said:

I REALLY hope they put Library mode in CF.

Well...Library mode is also in CF, even the English Asia/HK release also has it listed there. So don't worry about it.

15 hours ago, NeoStrayCat said:

Yeah, well, going off what zankoku said, yes, it has been free, but only on Vanilla CP stateside, the magazine colors were paid in CPE, and those are different ones. I doubt they'll be free/paid again in CF.

Well...Library mode is also in CF, even the English Asia/HK release also has it listed there. So don't worry about it.

Yeah so did CP, but didn't include it in the NA.

23 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

So... Did we got any announcement from Toushinsai event? And also, any Mai gameplay?

I didn't see any Mai gameplay. There was no announcement, Baiken was fake. If there's any form of announcement, it will probably be tonight, but i'm sure they're not going to announce anything, so i'm not even going to bother watching day 2.

Here are the Astrals of Amane and Relius on Mai. Interesting that they went with Mai when she was an academy student; I guess they didn't want to show what she was like before that.

1 hour ago, Leiopelma said:

Here are the Astrals of Amane and Relius on Mai. Interesting that they went with Mai when she was an academy student; I guess they didn't want to show what she was like before that.

Nice

1 hour ago, Leiopelma said:

Nice

21 minutes ago, bobb said:

she might be an academy student because "she" didn't exist before then

I think you're overanalyzing Amane's Astral. These transformations aren't serious; it's not as if Tager used to be a toy robot or Hakumen used to be Pakumen. And some of them are downright misleading; e.g. Hazama and Kazuma were different people, as were Saya Terumi and Ragna's sister. I bet they had Mai turn into her student self as a nod to Remix Heart rather than because they wanted to suggest that Mai as a boy and Mai as a girl are different people. Mai considers herself to be the same person as before.

No word yet on her astral though, right? I've read descriptions of it on the BB wiki, but its all meaningless and subjective to me until I see it. 

It's so weird ASW didn't even have like a "something is coming in the future" announcement or something. They said nothing and left. Chaos Code PS4 date was good, and then immediately soured some by the announcement of a new version with more characters that we'll have to wait on. KOF14 in Nesica was exciting for Japan and nowhere else, and SF5 is getting the PC version set up in arcades. Wonder how much that will actually help 5. For me personally, it was a lot of disappointing announcements though, and an extremely disappointing lack of announcements from ASW.

1 hour ago, TekkamanArk said:

It's so weird ASW didn't even have like a "something is coming in the future" announcement or something.

And what kind of announcement did you expected?, specially related to BB, they just released CF.

2 hours ago, kosmos badgirl said:

And what kind of announcement did you expected?, specially related to BB, they just released CF.

I expected anything other than nothing. Arc Revo is big for them, so I figured they'd have something to show. I expected them to say something about whether they're doing DLC characters or not. I was hoping for Jubei, or ASW to possibly announce plans to port Arcana Heart 3 Six Stars, UNIST, or maybe Daemon Bride getring a console port finally.Anything would have been better than silence.

4 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

I expected anything other than nothing. Arc Revo is big for them, so I figured they'd have something to show. I expected them to say something about whether they're doing DLC characters or not. I was hoping for Jubei, or ASW to possibly announce plans to port Arcana Heart 3 Six Stars, UNIST, or maybe Daemon Bride getring a console port finally.Anything would have been better than silence.

He was never going to get announced before Mai is out. Maybe in November/December.

1 hour ago, TekkamanArk said:

Is there a price on Mai? I have $10 for now, and I know that will be enough for sure, but I want to know if I can buy anything else or will I need too much of it for Mai?

For the US she will likely cost around $8, like other DLC characters in prior games. Maybe she'll be available for free for a limited time. 

2 hours ago, Zeldasmash said:

Pardon the off topic but what seems to be the general consensus for Susano'o?

Not as fun as Terumi. No head stomps, no trolling, no maniacal laughter. 0/10.

On a more gameplay related note, kinda too early to say.

From what little footage I saw, he was a bit too momentum dependant, despite having some very interesting tools. I don't think he'll make high tier though. Obviously. No head stomps. = Trash Character.

1 hour ago, Volt said:

Not as fun as Terumi. No head stomps, no trolling, no maniacal laughter. 0/10.

On a more gameplay related note, kinda too early to say.

From what little footage I saw, he was a bit too momentum dependant, despite having some very interesting tools. I don't think he'll make high tier though. Obviously. No head stomps. = Trash Character.

Stomps are REALLY important :thumbu:

Susanoo doesn't really seem to have "Top Tier" DNA, but I guess time will tell. Initial impressions...

Pretty godlike normals on the offensive. You're gonna have a bad time trying to mash out of anything he's doing in general, and he's got pretty good reach in neutral. But defensively, you'd better hope to god you have his DP unlocked, or have some system mechanic ready due to how slow his normals are. Good blockstun, good stopping power, but baaad defensively. Unlike the top tier characters, has a pretty average backdash, and pretty mediocre movement ability for the kind of character he is.

His random hits really do hurt though, and sometimes after about 2 or so random openings, I check my opponent's health and it's at like 1/3rd. 

Despite what some people think, I'm not sure his nodes and unlocking them are part of his problems. He's a really dynamic character, and it requires extreme planning to use him appropriately. I think once people understand him more thoroughly, he'll be fine.