kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

Latest sales.

Media Create Sales: Week 41, 2016 (Oct 10 - Oct 16)

09./02. [PS4] BlazBlue: Central Fiction # <FTG> (Arc System Works) {2016.10.06} (¥6.800) - 5.898 / 26.507 (-71%)

Source:neogaf

The PS3 version is out of the top 20, sold less than 3.100 units that week.

23 minutes ago, kosmos badgirl said:

Latest sales.

Those numbers aren't looking too good. Are those lifetime sales (26,507) just for the PS4 version?

Comparing it to the better selling version of Chrono Phantasma (PS3) around the same time frame:

10/28/13 – 11/3/13
[PS3] BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma (Arc System Works, 10/24/13) – 14,307 (86,771)

The 28th of September was also 4 days after the Japanese console release of Chrono Phantasma, so I think it should be comparable to the sales numbers you posted. Arcsys must be a bit disappointed by these numbers.

4 hours ago, SQNR said:

Those numbers aren't looking too good. Are those lifetime sales (26,507) just for the PS4 version?

Comparing it to the better selling version of Chrono Phantasma (PS3) around the same time frame:

10/28/13 – 11/3/13
[PS3] BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma (Arc System Works, 10/24/13) – 14,307 (86,771)

The 28th of September was also 4 days after the Japanese console release of Chrono Phantasma, so I think it should be comparable to the sales numbers you posted. Arcsys must be a bit disappointed by these numbers.

Yeah 26k is lifetime sales, Famitsu numbers are a little higher though, last week was something like 30k (Media Create) vs 47k (Famitsu) combining both platforms. Sadly the game is going to disappear from the sales chart next week, so is going to be impossible to track the sales numbers.

39 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

Not sure if this qualifies for the gameplay channel, but, the Nintendo Switch was revealed today, and Arc System Works is one of the listed partners.

CvN4yxdWcAAfoFc.jpg

Let's not forget ASW does games for other geners besides FGs.

2 hours ago, heavymetalmixer said:

Let's not forget ASW does games for other geners besides FGs.

Even barring that, wasn't one of the Guilty Gear entries on the Wii at one point? I remember it being really super awkward to play with motion controls.

22 minutes ago, Luminos564 said:

Even barring that, wasn't one of the Guilty Gear entries on the Wii at one point? I remember it being really super awkward to play with motion controls.

Yep, XX Accent Core was also on the Wii: http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/6thCbUeY9yStr2GJIl9boAU5JSj9YwPZ

BlazBlue Continuum Shift 2 was also released on the 3DS, though the controls were also bit awkward: https://www.amazon.com/BlazBlue-Continuum-Shift-II-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B004WMRQTA

31 minutes ago, Luminos564 said:

You kidding? That was amazing, you could do the moves normally using the Wiimote arrows as the PKSH buttons and get the scrubs playing with the "Shake this and you get a special".

But I probably only liked that because I've never dropped an aerial VT combo with Ky because I accidentally threw out a Stun Edge. :v:

In a more serious note, I wouldn't mind having BBCF out on the Wii U or the NX. Despite the fact that the probability of that happening is smaller than a Steam release in less than 6 months after the NA release.

Clearly you guys are forgetting Arc System Work's most prolific franchise for Nintendo systems.

Spoiler

WiiU_FamilyTennisSP_01.jpg

But to stay on topic, I would be totally down for BlazBlue on the Switch, assuming there's a way to plug in a stick. They haven't talked about the USB situation on that thing yet have they?

5 minutes ago, ComboFish said:

Clearly you guys are forgetting Arc System Work's most prolific franchise for Nintendo systems.

Reveal hidden contents

WiiU_FamilyTennisSP_01.jpg

But to stay on topic, I would be totally down for BlazBlue on the Switch, assuming there's a way to plug in a stick. They haven't talked about the USB situation on that thing yet have they?

Just that it has 2 USB 2.0 and 1 USB 3.0 slot.

And, it's not guaranteed to be a BB port, I know, but it's also not impossible to be a BB port. I would say Revelator is a possibility, but i'm not sure.

10 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

And, it's not guaranteed to be a BB port, I know, but it's also not impossible to be a BB port. I would say Revelator is a possibility, but i'm not sure.

Bear in mind ASW has the River City Ransom rights, and that was recently made into a new 3DS game, so its looking way more likely to be along those lines than BB/GG.

11 hours ago, kosmos badgirl said:

Not that surprising considering the age of the PS3, but FWIW I believe media create sales numbers still do not include digital, so that's going to be substantially lower than the quantity they've actually sold

12 hours ago, kosmos badgirl said:

Latest sales.

Those are physical copies only, digital could be substantially higher.

1 hour ago, psycofang2 said:

Those are physical copies only, digital could be substantially higher.

They're not. FGs are niche, and even with the pre-order incentives, Japan apparently tends to be more adverse to digital than players in the west are. The highest digital figures (extrapolated from contrasts between official sales charts and numbers directly from a developer, as was recently the case with Persona 5) seem to be 1/3 at most even for more successful games. And while that's not an insignificant number, current trends still indicate that fewer physical copies sold also means proportionately fewer digital purchases.

5 hours ago, TekkamanArk said:

Just that it has 2 USB 2.0 and 1 USB 3.0 slot.

Well a port CS2 worked on 3DS a bit weird, i can see the recent GG game with Blazblue CF on that console if it have better spec then previous generation.

3 hours ago, redsilversnake said:

They're not. FGs are niche, and even with the pre-order incentives, Japan apparently tends to be more adverse to digital than players in the west are. The highest digital figures (extrapolated from contrasts between official sales charts and numbers directly from a developer, as was recently the case with Persona 5) seem to be 1/3 at most even for more successful games. And while that's not an insignificant number, current trends still indicate that fewer physical copies sold also means proportionately fewer digital purchases.

Thing is, you're forgetting about us.

A lot of people in the west get the Japanese Digital Release, especially those who don't care about the story, so the Digital sales in this case deviate from the standard.

Doubt the west will make too much of an impact on bb sales.

the series is finally showing some semblance of being over, and as much as I love my dark Loli princess... it is about time. Great game and story, just a bit stale, after what, 7 years? What a great run.

1 hour ago, Calamitus said:

I don't understand why some people want to bury BB so much.

Because not having a very simple shounen-type story makes their heads hurt.