kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

1 hour ago, Calamitus said:

I don't understand why some people want to bury BB so much.

It's not that people want to bury it, but more a case that we've had BB constantly show up at our door for 7 straight years. Think about it: ever since CT, we've had a new BB entry (and Extend) and each of them was a separate disc/game. Unlike the competition in say SFIV (loathe as I am to mention it) where Capcom tried to prolong the longevity of the game. BB instead opted to shell out as many titles as possible for 7 years, meaning you had maybe what, a year for any one game before the newest one was around the corner?

I'm in agreement with TD on this. Much as I loved the series over the years, it really has gotten quite a bit "stale". Those sales numbers, while not indicative of the actual quality of the game, seem to reflect this among the playerbase. Not helping is ArcSysWorks' business decisions over the years so perhaps it is for the best for this franchise to take a bit of a rest, before deciding to make another splash. It might do it some good.

(Don't tell you have a bad feeling, don't tell you have a bad feeling)

I really have a bad feeling about this, I just... have (GODDAMNIT!)

OK, OK, stoping the jokes here, what the hell are you planing, arc? Why putting every PV into one if you almost can't see anything and need to keep repeating to see all over again?

Here's hoping for DLC, but I always expect the worst honestly. I even had a dream last night that Jubei would be exclusive to a BBCF port on the Switch to try and move numbers there.

4 hours ago, Danaiden said:

Thanks to @Dantarion we have now have hit- and hurtboxes for BBCF!

http://boxdox-bb.dantarion.com/#/viewer/bbcf/kk/NmlAtk5A/31

Only the sprites of the new characters are missing now.

Huh, I guess Mai is MA? And then there's 2 blank character slots, which makes me happy for possibilities. What's Takemikazuchi here for though?

57 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

Huh, I guess Mai is MA? And then there's 2 blank character slots, which makes me happy for possibilities. What's Takemikazuchi here for though?

Obviously, Take-Mikazuchi will be playable before Jubei. :v:

Probably leftover data from CP. The engine seems kinda similar, so they probably just made a few tweaks.

4 hours ago, Volt said:

Obviously, Take-Mikazuchi will be playable before Jubei. :v:

Probably leftover data from CP. The engine seems kinda similar, so they probably just made a few tweaks.

On that topic unknown could be any character trinity,ally of justice,or even Raquel I mean this had happen before with previous games so let's not jump to conclusions.

On 2016-10-21 at 6:51 AM, Luminos564 said:

It's not that people want to bury it, but more a case that we've had BB constantly show up at our door for 7 straight years. Think about it: ever since CT, we've had a new BB entry (and Extend) and each of them was a separate disc/game. Unlike the competition in say SFIV (loathe as I am to mention it) where Capcom tried to prolong the longevity of the game. BB instead opted to shell out as many titles as possible for 7 years, meaning you had maybe what, a year for any one game before the newest one was around the corner?

I'm in agreement with TD on this. Much as I loved the series over the years, it really has gotten quite a bit "stale". Those sales numbers, while not indicative of the actual quality of the game, seem to reflect this among the playerbase. Not helping is ArcSysWorks' business decisions over the years so perhaps it is for the best for this franchise to take a bit of a rest, before deciding to make another splash. It might do it some good.

I want BB to make a comeback like GG did: with a new engine (imagine a tweaked version of Xrd's engine but built on UE4 from the ground up :O), a new story, and some gameplay and QOL enhancements a few years from now. Also, I might be alone on this but I would like someone else to take over the music. While CT and to some extent CS OST was great, I think the same cannot be said about CP and CF (with some standout tracks of course).

1 minute ago, TekkamanArk said:

I like CP and CF's soundtracks, and sprites ALWAYS > models. I haven't played Xrd as much as the other GG games because I hate them being models.

Sprites are ridiculously cost-prohibitive. I like them better too, but games aren't made in a bubble. Cost plays a huge factor and I wouldn't be surprised if originally BBCT was more expensive to make than GG Xrd.

1 minute ago, Oniros said:

I want BB to make a comeback like GG did: with a new engine (imagine a tweaked version of Xrd's engine but built on UE4 from the ground up :O), a new story, and some gameplay and QOL enhancements a few years from now. Also, I might be alone on this but I would like someone else to take over the music. While CT and to some extent CS OST was great, I think the same cannot be said about CP and CF (with some standout tracks of course).

Well, considering Ishitawari wasn't exactly the dude behind the CP remixes, I'd rather have him back.

Most of the CF tracks are really good, but the CP remixes were overall weak. Of course, there are exceptions.

But back to the gameplay, this actually reminds me a bit of how GGXXAtoZ+R Hyper fighting turbo and GG2 led into Xrd. Accent Core finished the XX chapter, GG2 actually had a lot less characters but moved the story forward and after that we got Xrd.

I think that we might see a Bloodedge Experience game in the future, leading to whatever got foreshadowed in CF's ending.

7 hours ago, TekkamanArk said:

I like CP and CF's soundtracks, and sprites ALWAYS > models. I haven't played Xrd as much as the other GG games because I hate them being models.

I like models better than sprites, but I absolutely hate how intro and victory animations are the same no matter what in games like XRD. 

If I had to pick as it stands, if character models did have different interactions before and after fights like how we have it now in BB with sprites, then I'm down any day of the week. If not, then I'm all for sprites. 

The biggest difference for me is watching the same animation over and over is just boring. 3D models do special interactions better than sprites with different dynamic viewing angles and crisper looking characters anyway. As long as we don't encounter frame rate drops, I'm 100% for models in the case that I'm not forced to watch the same two animations at the beginning and end of a match. 

18 hours ago, Danaiden said:

Thanks to @Dantarion we have now have hit- and hurtboxes for BBCF!

http://boxdox-bb.dantarion.com/#/viewer/bbcf/kk/NmlAtk5A/31

Only the sprites of the new characters are missing now.

A bit confusing to understand, and a touch frustrating that some of the new sprites are missing, such as Noel's new 2D, but overall something I'll be spending serious time studying. 

Thanks a bunch!

8 minutes ago, Arcus Diabolus said:

A bit confusing to understand, and a touch frustrating that some of the new sprites are missing, such as Noel's new 2D, but overall something I'll be spending serious time studying. 

Thanks a bunch!

He mentioned on twitter that there was some technical issue he had to resolve before he could get the new (to CF) sprites imported.

16 hours ago, Volt said:

I think that we might see a Bloodedge Experience game in the future, leading to whatever got foreshadowed in CF's ending.

One of the strengths of Blazblue has been its unique setting. There are already a million franchises set in present/near future Japan but with magic, so abandoning the main Blazblue setting would seem like a pretty bad idea to me. There could be more Bloodedge Experience LNs in the future, but I really don't see any games taking place there.

51 minutes ago, Leiopelma said:

One of the strengths of Blazblue has been its unique setting. There are already a million franchises set in present/near future Japan but with magic, so abandoning the main Blazblue setting would seem like a pretty bad idea to me. There could be more Bloodedge Experience LNs in the future, but I really don't see any games taking place there.

If we were talking about XBlaze I'd agree a bit, however, we don't really know a lot of Bloodedge Experience as a whole because it wasn't translated. So while you may be right, I think a BE game would be interesting not only because it would be a way to foreshadow the BB sequel, but also because we don't know what's up with that thing.

When I first heard about Bloodedge Experience I actually thought it sounded like a Bururaji segment or some crazy thing like that.

Just to make sure, I'm going to throw this to the wolves in the CF Story Speculation thread and see what happens, don't want to derail the gameplay thread.

I think Xrd did a great job with models, but I still prefer sprites. The models all have really samey faces, and there's something kinda chunky about them. It's better than nothing though, and definitely better than the SFV look.

I didn't care for the CP remixes either, but the overall new track quality has been mostly up to par. I definitely don't remember a single new track from Xrd, unless you count Heavy Day. I'm in this weird minority where I played GG first, and I still like BB better. I'm like one of 5 people on earth, not counting people who play for the story.

4 minutes ago, Devdan said:

I think Xrd did a great job with models, but I still prefer sprites. The models all have really samey faces, and there's something kinda chunky about them. It's better than nothing though, and definitely better than the SFV look.

I didn't care for the CP remixes either, but the overall new track quality has been mostly up to par. I definitely don't remember a single new track from Xrd, unless you count Heavy Day. I'm in this weird minority where I played GG first, and I still like BB better. I'm like one of 5 people on earth, not counting people who play for the story.

I'm with you on all of this except not caring for the remixes, I like most of the remixes better than the original tracks. Definitely agree about starting with GG and liking BB more though. Started back with GG X, and still like BB more.

I believe everyone here knows what this means, right? Break out the party cake, Take-Mikazuchi's going to be playable guys!