kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

I'm glad for the reconfirmation of DLC characters, but I honestly can't let myself relax unless we get Jubei confirmation. We could just get Kajun and Alpha as DLC.

EDIT: I wonder what time Mai is out for JP players, I want to see what her trials are like.

2 hours ago, Leiopelma said:

I like Mai's astral. It looks pretty impressive:

The best thing about her Astral is that she casually does her thumbs-up win animation with a happy "Yay!" after she nuked her opponent.

She is very fun and her basic stuff does a good amount of damage, though her advanced combos are either very tight or need some delays. And she has some unnatural mechanics, like that her 236~ A has a sweet spot that guard crushes.

12 hours ago, TekkamanArk said:

I'm with you on all of this except not caring for the remixes, I like most of the remixes better than the original tracks. Definitely agree about starting with GG and liking BB more though. Started back with GG X, and still like BB more.

Just curious: Why do you like BB more than GG? I started with GG as well.

2 minutes ago, solidscheme said:

Just curious: Why do you like BB more than GG? I started with GG as well.

I guess when it comes down to it, I thought GG was cool aesthetically and fun to play, but I didn't like many characters from it (Jam, Bridget, Venom, ABA, and slightly like Ky and Order Sol). Meanwhile I both like BB's aesthetic and most characters from it, and I honestly liked its story more. I feel like the gameplay in BB is more easily understood yet also unique enough from GG to be fun as its own thing. And, after GG turned its back on sprites, I like BB more for holding it down and staying with 2D sprites. Sprites >>>>>>>>>>>>>> models, I don't care how cost ineffective or time consuming they are (which, yes, I am aware of since I do know animators who've described it in detail).

3 hours ago, TekkamanArk said:

I guess when it comes down to it, I thought GG was cool aesthetically and fun to play, but I didn't like many characters from it (Jam, Bridget, Venom, ABA, and slightly like Ky and Order Sol). Meanwhile I both like BB's aesthetic and most characters from it, and I honestly liked its story more. I feel like the gameplay in BB is more easily understood yet also unique enough from GG to be fun as its own thing. And, after GG turned its back on sprites, I like BB more for holding it down and staying with 2D sprites. Sprites >>>>>>>>>>>>>> models, I don't care how cost ineffective or time consuming they are (which, yes, I am aware of since I do know animators who've described it in detail).

Same sere, I started with GG importered on my dreamcast and loved it, but I never really had a character I liked.  Blazblue how ever I loved from day one and it became my favorite new franchise last gen.

5 minutes ago, DarkRios III said:

I did when I got Mai, but there was an update with her so maybe it was free with the update

I'' not saying Mai's stage... I have it...

i'm saying another one, that with a big white portal  

5 minutes ago, DarkRios III said:

I did when I got Mai, but there was an update with her so maybe it was free with the update

I'' not saying Mai's stage... I have it...

i'm saying another one, that with a big white portal  

If some of the stuff I read is accurate, there are at least a couple of stages that are locked via story mode, because they are spoilers to some degree.  I believe  the white gate stage is one of the locked ones.

Huh, really?  But you can use Susanoo online, right?  it seems to me like the character is more of a spoiler then those stages, if those two stages are the ones, I'm thinking of.  How odd.

Susano'O's stage is Sacrifice, the other two are just story-relevant.

9 hours ago, Cocomonk said:

Huh, really?  But you can use Susanoo online, right?  it seems to me like the character is more of a spoiler then those stages, if those two stages are the ones, I'm thinking of.  How odd.

Susano'o had a small ban time after his release for the same reason. Sad to know that the Gate Stage is locked though, that looks like the most lag-free stage in the game.

It probably was to not completely spoil the people who jump online day 1 and put the stage in random select. Still dumb though. It's not like Susano'o isn't a walking spoiler anyway.

19 hours ago, TekkamanArk said:

I started with GGX (the Dreacast import) and have been playing GG ever since. When BB was being developed, the developer mentioned that he wanted a game different from the set-play-heavy style of GG. BB is like a 2D version of Tekken, where the action/mind-games never stops even if you're knocked down/grabbed in a combo. GG can be too set-play-heavy for it's own good sometimes and that kind forces the devs to make specific types of characters and players to play certain ways. BB has has more styles for fighters (and more moves). For instance, GG can't really do zoning to it's fullest potential because of the flow/mechanics.

On 28/10/2016 at 2:23 AM, Volt said:

Sad to know that the Gate Stage is locked though, that looks like the most lag-free stage in the game.

There's a big problem with that stage since you can never tell how far you are from the corner.

She seems very solid, strong and fast as I saw... although there are some unfair mai players who abuse of her abilities staying very very high in the stage for a long time and spam sendong you the spear... i can't reach them with Amane and that's very annoying... mmh still don' know if there is a way to stop that...