kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

All anyone can do at this point is just wait until the announcement. The sound files in the game mean that chances have gone up for him to become playable, but that's about it.

In the meantime, be happy with what you've been given: 35 characters, solid online play, and plenty of story content with practically 3 Arcade Modes and one big giant Story Mode and Library to conclude the series.

4 hours ago, susano said:

So...we can say RIP Jubei?

Both of the emblem belong to the existing playable character though,so it doesn't confirm nor deny anything.

22 minutes ago, entnervt said:

Finally back to Jubei speculations...sad...so sad...

Except,this time,we have some solid evidence that he will become dlc thanks to all the annoucer have a call out to him the default announcer even have a victory call for him,but just like what Vulcan said,let's wait and see how this playout.

8 hours ago, TekkamanArk said:

What's sad is that it's been so long and no playable Jubei, and still no announcement in sight. I don't even care how annoyed you are about people talking about Jubei, but, that is undeniably a tragedy.

Oh stop twisting your breeches into a melodramatic wad. Jubei not being playable is a mild annoyance at best, a far cry from a supposed "tragedy". You act like you're married to the furball.

8 hours ago, Vulcan422 said:

All anyone can do at this point is just wait until the announcement. The sound files in the game mean that chances have gone up for him to become playable, but that's about it.

In the meantime, be happy with what you've been given: 35 characters, solid online play, and plenty of story content with practically 3 Arcade Modes and one big giant Story Mode and Library to conclude the series.

This. So much this. You got teased some sound clips but keep your expectations in check. Meanwhile I'm pretty happy with the roster we have at this point. If they add more stuff down the line, then excellent. Maybe the game gets to live some extra months. If they do not, then all is still good considering the amount of content in this package. 35 character is a plentiful number already.

Here's the thing. People are talking about "oh, it's not that big a deal" or "have some patience" or "we have all these characters, why isn't that enough?" I'm not some child you can condescend to and try to appease via second-place substitutes. It is a big deal, and should be something that bothers everyone, because he's literally the last remaining important character that hasn't been playable, as well as the last of the Six Heroes not playable since Trinity was part of Platinum. As for having patience, i've been waiting so many years for the 1 character I wanted, so you can hold that "patience", i've done my share of waiting. Only ones who have any right to speak to me about patience is Raven fans, and they did eventually get what they wanted. As for having a bunch of characters, you're right that 35 is a big number, i'm not going to pretend that it's not, but the 1 I want isn't among them, and has been kept from me so long that I also just see them as 35 slots where I could have gotten 1 of them taken by the character I wanted. Everyone else got their character, it's about time I get mine.

48 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

I'm not some child you can condescend to and try to appease via second-place substitutes.

Considering how you normally act in regards to this matter, that remains to be seen. You're confusing your personal wants as though they apply for everyone. Which in case you haven't already noticed, isn't the case.

It is a big deal, and should be something that bothers everyone

No, it really is not. Not everyone likes every single roster addition or the same character equally. If I had my way, characters like Platinum, Rachel, Carl, Arakune and even Litchi wouldn't have been made. I find them to be awful and insufferable, but you don't see me going around complaining how they took a potential roster spot for a character I happen to like or how they're "second-place substitutes" because I know that I am not the unified voice of the BlazBlue FG community.

Everyone else got their character, it's about time I get mine.

This would be the definition of "entitlement". You were never promised Jubei, only teased at a potential inclusion (in a side gag segment no less until these sound files got datamined) and ASW is under no obligation to make him to appease you. If they do, then congrats, you got your wish. If not, then you might as well be on your merry way.

Like others have said: wait. The game isn't out yet for NA (but very soon). We do not know ASW's plans for DLC (if any after Mai) so all you can do now is wait. And no, spending every waking moment of that asking "When's Jubei" is not what I mean. Now to prevent this thread of being derailed any further than it already has, I'm gonna stop right here.

8 minutes ago, Luminos564 said:

Considering how you normally act in regards to this matter, that remains to be seen. You're confusing your personal wants as though they apply for everyone. Which in case you haven't already noticed, isn't the case.

Jubei not being in is bad, having all of the Six Heroes in but him and having all these characters throughout all these years but no Jubei is bad. That's not an opinion, that is a fact. I don't believe everyone wants Jubei, but I also don't believe I care in the slightest because, at this point, everyone has every other major character that's not from some side-story, so anyone who doesn't want Jubei is, at this point, doing it pointedly to spite Jubei fans, which is bad.

13 minutes ago, Luminos564 said:

No, it really is not. Not everyone likes every single roster addition or the same character equally. If I had my way, characters like Platinum, Rachel, Carl, Arakune and even Litchi wouldn't have been made. I find them to be awful and insufferable, but you don't see me going around complaining how they took a potential roster spot for a character I happen to like or how they're "second-place substitutes" because I know that I am not the unified voice of the BlazBlue FG community.

I'm not saying anything about people liking roster additions equally, but opinions are irrelevant when we've come to the end of the series and he's the last major character from the main series. What characters are you missing that you wanted? More from alternate dimension stories like XBlaze or Bloodedge Experience? There's no one left that has more importance than Jubei in the main series, and cribbing more from the side series would be done solely to avoid adding Jubei rather than for any actual reason.

20 minutes ago, Luminos564 said:

This would be the definition of "entitlement". You were never promised Jubei, only teased at a potential inclusion (in a side gag segment no less) and ASW is under no obligation to make him to appease you. If they do, then congrats, you got your wish. If not, then you might as well be on your merry way.

Like others have said: wait. The game isn't out yet for NA (but very soon). We do not know ASW's plans for DLC (if any after Mai) so all you can do now is wait. And no, spending every waking moment of that asking "When's Jubei" is not what I mean.

Ask me how much I care. No, I don't believe they're under any obligation, and I don't expect them to do anything to please me, because they haven't tried so far and Mori seems to love trolling people or playing up fanservice to, frankly, disgusting levels. I'm sure Japan can suck it up and have 1 character slot devoted to Jubei rather than moar bewbs!

2 hours ago, Luminos564 said:

You act like you're married to the furball.

No, that's me.

But really, there's no use complaining, especially right now. If anything you should be happy that more DLC characters are confirmed (adding to the already massive roster with some great newcomers like Susan), and that Jubei's sound files were found in the game already. His chances are higher than ANYONE ELSE right now.

It's been about eight years, what's a few more months for an actual confirmation? I'd kinda get it if they just announced someone like Meifang or whatever, but that hasn't happened yet. Even then, if they're doing multiple DLC characters he'd basically get in through the process of elimination.

Edited by jeffery the skeleton

1 hour ago, Steve-Fiction said:

Let's be real here, we all love the Jubei discussion. If we didn't, TekkamanArc's one Jubei post per page would be nothing more than a Jubei post per page.

Are you really only seeing one post per page? And having the same complaint repeated endlessly does get tiresome.

18 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

Ask me how much I care. No, I don't believe they're under any obligation, and I don't expect them to do anything to please me, because they haven't tried so far and Mori seems to love trolling people or playing up fanservice to, frankly, disgusting levels. I'm sure Japan can suck it up and have 1 character slot devoted to Jubei rather than moar bewbs!

If Jubei got added and ended up being the Yoda or the Neco Arc of Blazblue then he would be an outright detriment to the game. It's pretty obvious that Jubei has been skipped 35 times already precisely because ArcSys can't figure out how to make him work within the game due to his small size and they don't want to drastically alter his appearance in order to add him to the roster.

By the way, how would you feel if Jubei got added with a tiny hitbox and almost every BB fan ended up hating him as a result?

10 minutes ago, Leiopelma said:

If Jubei got added and ended up being the Yoda or the Neco Arc of Blazblue then he would be an outright detriment to the game. It's pretty obvious that Jubei has been skipped 35 times already precisely because ArcSys can't figure out how to make him work within the game due to his small size and they don't want to drastically alter his appearance in order to add him to the roster.

By the way, how would you feel if Jubei got added with a tiny hitbox and almost every BB fan ended up hating him as a result?

I don't think it would be quite that extreme with him fighting standing upright CP onwards. He'd be a bit shorter, but let's not act like the game doesn't already have a bunch of character specific combos. The height difference between him and Es could pretty easily get worked around. I'd imagine he would have lower HP too.

This is a news thread though, not speculation, so I'll stop here. This really should be dropped unless there's more things that surface pointing to him being playable.

Edited by jeffery the skeleton
grammar

Just now, jeffery the skeleton said:

I don't think it would be quite that extreme with him fighting standing upright CP onwards. He'd be a bit shorter, but let's not act like the game doesn't already have a bunch of character specific combos. The height difference between him and Es could pretty easily get worked around. I'd imagine he would have lower HP too.

This is a news thread though, not speculation, so I'll stop here.

Sorry to interfere here and all, but... Es is 149 cm, while Jubei is 123 cm. Even Carl and Platinum aren't that short (144 cm and 142 cm, respectively) And they still needing something to make their hitbox bigger. I guess even if Jubei gets "taller" without changing his appearence and using his sword to high up his hitbox, it may not be sufficient enough to do the trick.

13 minutes ago, Leiopelma said:

Yoda was terrible even with his small size, so who cares? He'd be about as tall as Platinum if they used his armor. And a lot of characters have altered appearance for battle, like Mai, all the Murakumos, and Tsubaki.

I expect people will complain about Jubei or hate on him, so I would feel nothing, i'd enjoy finally using the character I always wanted. I don't even care how good or bad he would be, or what his fighting style would be, i'd play him and be happy. Hate away, I don't care.

6 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Sorry to interfere here and all, but... Es is 149 cm, while Jubei is 123 cm. Even Carl and Platinum aren't that short (144 cm and 142 cm, respectively) And they still needing something to make their hitbox bigger. I guess even if Jubei gets "taller" without changing his appearence and using his sword to high up his hitbox, it may not be sufficient enough to do the trick.

I know, I was just saying his swords and tail could probably get it pretty close to the same height as Es. As long as he holds them upright, I guess.

Could also have Nine piggyback riding on him and give him a top hat.

Shut the fuck up, TekkamanArk.  I hope Jubei never becomes playable at this point because of how much of a whiny manchild you're being over this.  It baffles me how you even think that shitting up a thread every time anything involving Jubei comes up is your right, much less helping your cause in any way.

Why the Hell isn't this thread more heavily moderated?

15 minutes ago, Orihalcon said:

Shut the fuck up, TekkamanArk.  I hope Jubei never becomes playable at this point because of how much of a whiny manchild you're being over this.  It baffles me how you even think that shitting up a thread every time anything involving Jubei comes up is your right, much less helping your cause in any way.

Why the Hell isn't this thread more heavily moderated?

Oh yeah, giving up and saying nothing and praising ASW for giving me everything but what I want helps my cause so much more. As for rights, freedom of speech is a right, so yes, i'm well within my rights.

I'm talking about something related to gameplay, in the form of a playable character, so what do you expect a moderator will do? Infract me for my opinion? That would be quite petty at best (kind of like hoping Jubei never becomes playable to spite me without consideration of anyone else it would effect), but also could serve to push users away by giving the pretense that any opinion mods don't agree with would just be silenced. Who would even want to speak here then?

Holy shit you're a moron.  It's got nothing to do with whether or not you think criticizing ASW or whatever is fine, but the fact that you're discussing something totally unrelated to the thread at hand.  It's a news thread.  There is no news in you constantly going "HOLY SHIT JUBEI JUBEI AAAAAGH JUBEI" every three seconds.  This thread isn't about gameplay in general, your shitty character you want in, or apparently as you think it is a free-for-all on anything in the game.  Bitching about Jubei isn't news.  Speculating about Jubei isn't news. Pretending that acting like a brat has anything remotely to do with having differing opinions isn't news.  None of what you're doing is even remotely related to the thread other than "THIS ISN'T HAPPENING YET BAAAW"

Also I don't give a shit how petty it is; if he weren't to come out I'd sleep soundly knowing that regardless of what else, you wouldn't have Jubei because your behavior sure as shit doesn't deserve him.  You ruined it that hard for everybody else, good job.

On 29/09/2016 at 1:59 AM, TekkamanArk said:

I wish all of the worst to befall Mori, and it takes a lot to get me to hate someone. I've had plenty of bad experiences, but no one else has ever gotten me to hate them before or since. The news that there will not be an Extend directly related to the comment about Jubei not being playable, because this means he was, yet again, excluded from the game.Torture? You know nothing of it. Your mild annoyance isn't even comparable.

13 hours ago, TekkamanArk said:

What's sad is that it's been so long and no playable Jubei, and still no announcement in sight. I don't even care how annoyed you are about people talking about Jubei, but, that is undeniably a tragedy.

Your histrionics are both ridiculously over the top and completely off-topic, plus you've been at them for months. We get it; you despise Mori with every fiber of your being and think Jubei not being playable is both a tragedy and a form of torture. I think everyone here is extremely well aware of these facts. Endlessly complaining in this thread isn't going to achieve anything though; it's not as if there are ArcSys representatives reading your complaints and forwarding them to Mori. So if you would be so kind, would you please just drop this?

4 minutes ago, Leiopelma said:

Your histrionics are both ridiculously over the top and completely off-topic, plus you've been at them for months. We get it; you despise Mori with every fiber of your being and think Jubei not being playable is both a tragedy and a form of torture. I think everyone here is extremely well aware of these facts. Endlessly complaining in this thread isn't going to achieve anything though; it's not as if there are ArcSys representatives reading your complaints and forwarding them to Mori. So if you would be so kind, would you please just drop this?

Histrionics? I'm not acting, though that does make me wonder if i'd be a good actor. But, it's as much for me as it is for my cause; if I give up, that's the end. Nothing happens. And if I stop using my voice for what I want, i'm telling ASW that it's ok if they don't add Jubei and that it's acceptable, and that's something I can't do. I truly don't aim to irritate anyone, but, no one else is speaking for Jubei, so I will keep the flag flying as the last bastion, regardless of who has what feelings towards or about me.

Get angry at things that matter, like the lack of a dub.

I'm still contemplating whether of not to pick up my LE over #nodubnobuy. 

The petition recently hit 5K signatures and there's still radio silence.

I can wait. All they had to do was put out some sort of confirmation and people would buy with zero hesitation.

2 minutes ago, MaximusMurkimus said:

Get angry at things that matter, like the lack of a dub.

I'm still contemplating whether of not to pick up my LE over #nodubnobuy. 

The petition recently hit 5K signatures and there's still radio silence.

I can wait. All they had to do was put out some sort of confirmation and people would buy with zero hesitation.

The lack of a dub is truly regrettable, and i'm sorry you have to deal with that. But don't presume to tell me that Jubei matters less than a dub. I liked the dub quite a bit, and it sucks that it's gone, but if I got to choose Jubei playable or a dub being present in the game as DLC, i'm sorry, i'm going Jubei. I waited a long time for it, it definitely matters to me. Dub's only a problem here in this one game. And, if everyone's so sure an Extend is coming, maybe dub will happen then since they've already ruled out dub DLC.

For years, most of the people buyed the japanese version instead of the american one, so ASW sees not enough profit to make everything fans want into the game, and even if ASW wanted to, they couldn't because only the japanese version give them enough money for it.

The problem here is, all the stuff that the american version lacks is because people mostly don't buy the american version, and if it keeps being that way, ASW will stop doing american versions of their games.

If we could all just remember that this is the news and gameplay discussion thread then we could stop going in circles:

• Wishing about a certain character being playable isn't news. It isn't gameplay.
  • Wild speculation also isn't news and gameplay
  • Insulting people and being vulgar, surprisingly, also isn't news and gameplay
  • Complaining about the dub, no matter how painful it is, isn't news and gameplay

Can we just get back on track please? No more Jubei and no more dub until there's news on them. I think everyone here would appreciate if that stopped and if people wouldn't be so vulgar, too.

10 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

Histrionics? I'm not acting, though that does make me wonder if i'd be a good actor. But, it's as much for me as it is for my cause; if I give up, that's the end. Nothing happens. And if I stop using my voice for what I want, i'm telling ASW that it's ok if they don't add Jubei and that it's acceptable, and that's something I can't do. I truly don't aim to irritate anyone, but, no one else is speaking for Jubei, so I will keep the flag flying as the last bastion, regardless of who has what feelings towards or about me.

The problem is that this is in a news thread, and not elsewhere. Perhaps making a Central Fiction DLC speculation thread that covers all of these things would work a bit better for that? It's not really a flag you need to fly though, not with the recent leaks. All you need to do is wait.

I think your hatred of Mori is also misplaced, at the very least it seems like he's attempted to get the character working, and had plans for him to be in at some point, even if it didn't work out. He's tried. With how the character is, implementing him isn't particularly easy. I'm sure it can be done, but I'm not too surprised at how long it's taken. Have you considered that maybe complications lead to Jubei needing more time in the oven than the others?

10 minutes ago, heavymetalmixer said:

For years, most of the people buyed the japanese version instead of the american one, so ASW sees not enough profit to make everything fans want into the game, and even if ASW wanted to, they couldn't because only the japanese version give them enough money for it.

The problem here is, all the stuff that the american version lacks is because people mostly don't buy the american version, and if it keeps being that way, ASW will stop doing american versions of their games.

Like I said, that mindstate is equal to letting them hold you or the series hostage. There is give and take in any good relationship, and ASW is all about take with CF.

If they want to localize something I want, I'll buy it. If not then their loss, I'm not obligated to buy things that aren't up to par.

Good thing GameFly has the game in stock, I'll rent it to get my fix.