kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

19 hours ago, capsuletoyco said:

dengeki colors seem to have disappeared............

I heard about these free colors they were offering but I have never found them myself. Why did them remove them?

Also, I hate how they are so quick to remove digital content but heaven forbid they offer old DLC for free.

I wouldn't mind getting the DLC chars for Continuum Shift than I might be able to finally Plat that game.

"Stupid Superior Mind Trophy!"

Also in case anyone wants to here some extra content about interviews with mori he said that Jin won't fight anymore due to his artific body using too much power and that mori won't make a light novel on the other hat happens to Jin and tsubaki 's group after cf. Zedar manage to have the interview translated on his tumblr page

10 hours ago, MaximusMurkimus said:

Gives a fairly good idea of how much they care about their overseas audience, really.

I thought the lack of a thought to include a dub was the biggest. 

3 hours ago, Danaiden said:

Pretty sure that was the same case with the English GGXrdR website. Aksys isn't very fast with updating their websites.

No, no. The Revelator website was totally up like...a whole week before the game out. lol

What the hell's up with this discord nonsense? So many people are looking to get into this game that I know, but they have to rely on that inconsistent app that players have strangely flocked to. WHAT is wrong posting vital info HERE? We need something stable and organized to grow the player-base. Freakn' Terumi's discord had a lot of info on it(if you took the time to comb through it), then it was erased. So the solution to that is to make another discord channel? We're shooting ourselves in the foot here guys/girls. We have all of these outdated forums here, making it seem like no one is playing the game. You can only do so much on twitter as well. 

3 hours ago, solidscheme said:

What the hell's up with this discord nonsense? So many people are looking to get into this game that I know, but they have to rely on that inconsistent app that players have strangely flocked to. WHAT is wrong posting vital info HERE? We need something stable and organized to grow the player-base. Freakn' Terumi's discord had a lot of info on it(if you took the time to comb through it), then it was erased. So the solution to that is to make another discord channel? We're shooting ourselves in the foot here guy/girls. We have all of these outdated forums here, making it seem like no one is playing the game. You can only do so much on twitter as well. 

This, we have to learn to use both resources: Dustloop and Discord.

27 minutes ago, heavymetalmixer said:

This, we have to learn to use both resources: Dustloop and Discord.

I use Linux on my laptop and have a Windows phone. Discord doesn't have an app for either of them...

I agree, the inflated importance of discords is bothering me.  I thought to pick up playing Bang again for the first time since Continuum Shift, only to find that both his forum and wiki entries for Central Fiction are utterly barren.

I get that discord is great for asking people advice in real time, but stuff like combos and basic play advice ought to be posted HERE and on our wiki.  How are new players supposed to know to go to the discords if the site itself (which they'll probably find first) seems dead?  Hell, some of the discords need invites to even gain access to them, and that's an obnoxious barrier to entry.

I try to use both Dustloop and Discord, but I have some "strategies" for it. Here I try to search more as big information about story and character properties. In Discord I use to discuss some subjects from the game, since is quickier the response and more dynamic, in my opinion.

It's embarrassing a lot of the time to say I play/support Arc games. WHERE Is the community at? Freakn' SRK gets/has home page info on our games that a casual person would never knew existed if they were crazy enough to only come here. The Susanoo announcement, combo videos, game tech-all on SRK. Here? The last announcement on the home page was August 22nd. 

Trying to make guides for step-by-step instruction on how to grow into a character is impossible when the dedicated wiki is void of frame data and move descriptions. This game has been out since last year and characters like Hibiki are missing almost all of their frame data (That hitbox viewer is not cutting it). That is vital info that is nowhere to be found. Blazblue/Guilty Gear are already an investment to get into, but this lack of community cohesion is making the journey seem pointless. The one of many things Japanese players have that keep them ahead of us (besides dedication) is cohesion. That can never be denied.

I'm ready, willing and able to lead people to the water, but there must be some drinkable water in place to begin with.

I've read online people talking about to NOT go to Dustloop.com for info/help because it's dead.

16 hours ago, solidscheme said:

It's embarrassing a lot of the time to say I play/support Arc games. WHERE Is the community at? Freakn' SRK gets/has home page info on our games that a casual person would never knew existed if they were crazy enough to only come here. The Susanoo announcement, combo videos, game tech-all on SRK. Here? The last announcement on the home page was August 22nd. 

Trying to make guides for step-by-step instruction on how to grow into a character is impossible when the dedicated wiki is void of frame data and move descriptions. This game has been out since last year and characters like Hibiki are missing almost all of their frame data (That hitbox viewer is not cutting it). That is vital info that is nowhere to be found. Blazblue/Guilty Gear are already an investment to get into, but this lack of community cohesion is making the journey seem pointless. The one of many things Japanese players have that keep them ahead of us (besides dedication) is cohesion. That can never be denied.

I'm ready, willing and able to lead people to the water, but there must be some drinkable water in place to begin with.

I've read online people talking about to NOT go to Dustloop.com for info/help because it's dead.

Don't be too embarrassed. I've had a lot of the same feelings as you're having about this, but here's how I think of it.

Capcom Fighters, Tekken, and NetherRealm are all legendary at this point. They're icons. They speak to the mainstream audience because of how recognizable and accessible they are. Due to this, it could be said that it's true their communities are large, and may have great hubs for information (only Capcom Fighters w/ SRK and forums imo). But...

The ArcSys community's got heart and soul. The information may be lacking, sure. Having any immediately recognizable source of info outside of Dustloop, and barely here, does seem like a disappointment. But this community being the size it is has it's benefits. It feels good to always run into players you recognize, and those that you don't, are usually friends of someone you DO know. I've been playing SF pretty regularly and I've never felt it there, it doesn't ever feel like it cultivates an online community. 

People will always laugh from the outside, at the Arcsys fighters (mostly because everyone laughs at air-dash fighters in general). But these games are great, they've just never been, and never will be popular like that.

18 hours ago, solidscheme said:

Correct me if I'm wrong (having a casual mindset), but I think there's nothing to be embarrased about. If someone likes Arcsys fighters, that's fine, if someone likes SF, that's fine too.

However, I agree on Dustloop being rather ... empty at the moment. I've been reading up combos and other stuff here for some years now, so it would hurt to see Dustloop die.

Unfortunately, being the casual player I am, I've no idea how to read the exact frame data of moves, otherwise I would have added some to the wiki already. But maybe there's some other stuff to do. So solidscheme, if I can actually help somewhere, please tell me. I'd love to help.

I'll definitely be posting combos like I did for CPEX, I just need a few weeks to figure out the combos and write them down, but ever since the NA release this site has been dead. Hell, the Makoto board hasn't had a post in over a month.

Can't explain why it's dead, can only agree that it .s

Wow, just noticed that the story mode description is recycled from CP.

It talks about Noel Jin and Ragna in Ikaruga, even though the story mostly takes place in Embryo Kagutsuchi.

Some localization.

34 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

Got any tips for Sayonara? I have most of the CF trophies, just missing this one, and apparently missing 2 things in the glossary.

For the Library entries, if you went to all of it entirely, from the Main/Sub/Gag routes, then do the Chapter 1 Recap choice with Kagura, pick the first choice, then skip through it all, and you should get them.

As for the Sayonara (and by extent, Bees) Trophy, I'll let this vid speak for itself, lol.

(Beginner Difficulty->Arcade->Kokonoe->Any Act->Taunt->Overdrive->Golden Tager->Hold O->Spin D-Pad/Stick->Trophy! [or Trophies, lol.])

19 minutes ago, NeoStrayCat said:

For the Library entries, if you went to all of it entirely, from the Main/Sub/Gag routes, then do the Chapter 1 Recap choice with Kagura, pick the first choice, then skip through it all, and you should get them.

As for the Sayonara (and by extent, Bees) Trophy, I'll let this vid speak for itself, lol.

(Beginner Difficulty->Arcade->Kokonoe->Any Act->Taunt->Overdrive->Golden Tager->Hold O->Spin D-Pad/Stick->Trophy! [or Trophies, lol.])

Thanks. Now all I have is the trophies related to Abyss, Speedstar, and Score Attack. Also the Gallery one for getting guest pictures, but that comes with time.

10 hours ago, StalkingVengeance said:

Correct me if I'm wrong (having a casual mindset), but I think there's nothing to be embarrased about. If someone likes Arcsys fighters, that's fine, if someone likes SF, that's fine too.

However, I agree on Dustloop being rather ... empty at the moment. I've been reading up combos and other stuff here for some years now, so it would hurt to see Dustloop die.

Unfortunately, being the casual player I am, I've no idea how to read the exact frame data of moves, otherwise I would have added some to the wiki already. But maybe there's some other stuff to do. So solidscheme, if I can actually help somewhere, please tell me. I'd love to help.

All of us as a community should start by updating the introduction and general approach for each character. Also, sub-forms for each match-up so people can find help specifically for who they're having problems with. At some point in the near future SRK will be giving out their list for the Evo line-up. We really need to show we're seriously committed so our games (bb/gg) get on that list. To this day, there's still has not been a grand final like BB's 2014: