kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

I believe that somehow this is a consequence of the big cast BB has now (not a bad thing). There are less players using each character because of the huge cast. So, I think is harder to fill the characters info.

On the other hand, I agree that people is building a lot of tech in twitter and discord just to be lost later with all those posts. Discord has some nice features but finding the respective character's discord is hard enough and discord is not known to many new people. Discord is a great tool, but it is very exclusive. It is not very open to the masses. A board like this or a wiki is totally open, you don't even need to have an account to find information, also finding dustloop in google is easier than finding Carl's discord (for example).

I don't see anyone having problems with Grim of Abyss, but I wanted to put a couple pinpoints in case players didn't know:

- Don't waste your money or slots on skills that make you progress levels faster, landing an Astral automatically jumps you to the next upcoming 20 point.

- In stages 7 and 8, you can get a skill that makes it to where all specials and supers, from yourself and from enemies, have the chance to instantly kill. Pair this with the skill that disables enemy supers, and it's a heavy boon to you.

Astrals don't automatically get you to the next level anymore. Also, dumb question but uh, how do I unlock level 4? I beat 1 through 3...

24 minutes ago, Devdan said:

Astrals don't automatically get you to the next level anymore. Also, dumb question but uh, how do I unlock level 4? I beat 1 through 3...

Astrals do automatically get you to the next level, i've been doing it myself.

And, you get to stage 7 in Boss Rush to get 4-6, and stage 12 to get 7 and 8.

24 minutes ago, Devdan said:

Astrals do automatically get you to the next level, i've been doing it myself.

And, you get to stage 7 in Boss Rush to get 4-6, and stage 12 to get 7 and 8.

Oh, I should've figured that was there for a reason.

But uh, Makoto's astral absolutely does not automatically get you to the next level. You get a good 6 or so levels off it, but it's not instant.

Well, in a sense, Astrals do jump plenty dephs, but not to the "daredevil" stages immediately this time. unless you use the Mazewalker item, you'll jump to depths in no time, even with an astral, and to make sure to level up Mazewalker plenty.

Also, GoA really doesn't use P$ at all, so...its all item use. Though you can sell the books or items for P$.

And from what TekkamanArk said, I suppose he meant something like this. :kitty:

Anyways, even if you do manage to clear GoA entirely, the novelty wears off, and clearing it all doesn't really give you P$, I'm serious, lol.

Also, just got a update to 1.02 on the PS3 not too long ago, dunno if PS4 users got it already too, from what I got an answer elsewhere, all it did was just to improve stability to the game, yep.

Also fixed a couple bugs I think. Dunno what else it did. Anyone else notice anything?

3 hours ago, TekkamanArk said:

Also, i've been playing Susanoo, Astral is instant 20. Maybe it's character based?

Maybe, maybe not, I did use Ragna at the beginning, used his Astral, jumped only a few dephs around 10 or so. So it possibly might be character based.

Though with using the Mazewalker item after multiple upgrades, it did jump to 20 quick with Astral.

What do these patch notes mean?

Susanoo

• Fixed a bug with enemy attacks hitting the effect of 214B (Hunter’s Fang) Level 2. No change to Suanoo’s Hurtbox and Hitbox.
  • Fixed a bug that occurred twice in the swinging motion of a max distance 63214C (Splintering Thrust).

Mai:

• Fixed a bug with enemy attacks hitting the effect of 2B. No change to Mai’s Hurtbox and Hitbox.

Were they not supposed to effect enemies? Or did something happen when you hit the abilities that got fixed? And what happened with the throw?

4 hours ago, solidscheme said:

Maybe Hunter's Fang level 2, where the dark energy that rises has a hitbox that is not supposed to interact with the opponent's attacks?

That's my point, i'm not sure if it's saying the hitbox shouldn't interact with opponent attacks, or if it did something weird when it hit opponent attacks and that has been fixed.

I doubt it. nothing really to alter about it. the game meta focus is to use OD more over bursts by Active flow and EA giving you the incentive to use it in the first place since your burst comes back faster this way as opposed to the old fashion burst which comes back way slower. this is to offset the old bb mentality that CP era had in which at the time OD was usually only used for combos that would kill at the end of the round otherwise it was virtually almost pointless to use OD. And as a result OD raid ended up being pointless as well in most cases in which ppl just get 2A  staggered out of OD raid because at the time there wasn't a real threat behind OD raid on block. iirc the recovery was pretty bad and unless your character had something like a dp to compensate for it, it was a underwhelming mechanic that served no purpose behind it original intent. this is why Exceed Accell was introduced to make the OD raid mechanic make more sense and viable to use in general.

Another curiosity here. Platinum has two artworks, one normal and the other without the Heart-shape in her eyes. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't those for her Unlimited form? I know, I know, Hazama has one too, however, his could be used only for Endless Despair song selection, right? So... probably, Unlimited will see the light sooner or later

On 11/17/2016 at 8:17 AM, JustaMaskedFreak said:

About what, specifically?

Cancelling any type of block stun. Like it's crazy how you can get through high + frames with it. It's ok to have it, but it shouldn't be so care-free. 

Just my two cents but Wild West is just as effective on YOU as it is on opponents.  It's a double edged sword.  If you screw up and get killed by it, it's your own fault.

Imho Poison is more useful against Terumi and safer as an alternative.