kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

On 11/20/2016 at 10:31 PM, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Another curiosity here. Platinum has two artworks, one normal and the other without the Heart-shape in her eyes. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't those for her Unlimited form? I know, I know, Hazama has one too, however, his could be used only for Endless Despair song selection, right? So... probably, Unlimited will see the light sooner or later

Yeah, Platinum and Hazama have alternate artworks where their eyes are different to indicate Unlimited forms. Still, it doesn't really mean anything. They could just be leftover in the data, and Trinity has a unique artwork done in the style of the other character select's, but it doesn't indicate she'll be playable (Kokonoe was in the same boat back in CS).

On 21.11.2016 at 1:31 AM, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Another curiosity here. Platinum has two artworks, one normal and the other without the Heart-shape in her eyes. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't those for her Unlimited form?

Heart-shaped eyes are used when Platinum is in control of her body, normal eyes indicate that Trinity controls Platinum's body.

2 hours ago, VermilionBird said:

Yeah, Platinum and Hazama have alternate artworks where their eyes are different to indicate Unlimited forms. Still, it doesn't really mean anything. They could just be leftover in the data, and Trinity has a unique artwork done in the style of the other character select's, but it doesn't indicate she'll be playable (Kokonoe was in the same boat back in CS).

I was really digging into Unlimited forms because of that... Also, isn't a little weird to left some different artworks of character select and not use it... forget it, they used in one of Hakumen's arcade, if I am not wrong.

I really don't think Trinity will make an appearence as playable, because it wouldn't make much sense to the story, or it would get a different course. But I still hoping for Unilimited. It is useful and fun for creating some scenarios and stuff.

But I wonder when we will get news about Central Fiction stuff again, since Mori told us he got some DLC demanded.

12 hours ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

I wonder when we will get news about Central Fiction stuff again, since Mori told us he got some DLC demanded.

Well, speaking of DLC, the PS/Neon color pack (#22 for all characters) is now available for $2. (And regional equivalent in JP and EU.)

Discord is quickly destroying this community. Soon, our fate will be like King of Fighters 14, but it'll only be us to blame for it. Brand new game with empty forums...

Did people forget about bringing in the new blood?

The problem is: people wants news in the threads, if they don't get news they won't "waste" their time going to Dustloop, since character combos can be found in Youtube and Dustloop. The fun in Dustloop was when people were hyped about Central Fiction, now the game is out, story is "closed" (as it seems), people don't see why to come here anymore. I always look up for news, since Mori announced future DLC, so... who knows when it will release.

I'm still here!

To be fair, part of the issue is that it's a niche genre wit old games. 

Still, it'll be sad when all the information is forgotten and people can't do anything in game anymore.

The problem with youtube, facebook, discord, etc is that the info you're looking for is all over the place. You go to discord and people are asking the same questions over and over again because it's hard to find. When GGXX was new, people brought all their info here to make one nice unit. I play A.B.A in XX and the info for her is in a spot where I don't need to go anywhere else. All the players that used her were there as well. 

New players already have a hard time getting use to these games and being scattered like this isn't helping. We're communicating here right now so, what's so special about discord? We can post videos here and don't even have to visit youtube to watch them. Discord doesn't have a front page to be a foundation for a topic.

19 hours ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

The problem is: people wants news in the threads, if they don't get news they won't "waste" their time going to Dustloop, since character combos can be found in Youtube and Dustloop. The fun in Dustloop was when people were hyped about Central Fiction, now the game is out, story is "closed" (as it seems), people don't see why to come here anymore. I always look up for news, since Mori announced future DLC, so... who knows when it will release.

It's not just combos though.  When I first came here we actually had things like active match-up treads and guides on playing basic neutral with each character.  That's what I'm really after, not combos.  Those things are much, MUCH harder to learn by just watching youtube/niconico videos.

I'd try addressing the problem myself, but I know I'm not a particularly great player, don't trust my experience to hold true at high level play, and I don't want what is here to be misinformation.

It's been said that forums in general are a dying breed. Some forums are still going strong, but with things like Reddit which basically has a monopoly over discussion boards, and the aforementioned Discord, it's no wonder forum activity can never stay up on sites like Dustloop. A similar trend is happening on most forums I go on too. Some have only a dozen or so dedicated core members that hang around and chat in like three threads while new people barely stick around for more than a week if they're lucky. The forums I mentioned have tried loads of shit to get members to join and stick around too, but nothing has proved successful from what I've seen.

I may be an avid lurker but I love Dustloop; I'm just too big of a scrub to chat about anything besides lore and speculation. lol

10 hours ago, solidscheme said:

Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator is being released for Stream December 14. WHY isn't that on the front page? The same with the arcade release of Es, Mai and Susanoo.

I would have NEVER known that if you didn't post. Seriously, we're dropping the ball on this. Why is that not on the first page?

Ok, one of the main issues we're having is complete lack of discussion over here. The character forums are completely barren, so people have to rely on Youtube for combos that usually aren't good, reliable, simple or even all of these. This also means that we don't have good match-up discussion or information about how to play characters correctly.

Currently, Dustloop is completely outdated in the news department and lacks information and activity to not be completely bodied by Discord.

It's very important for relevant news regarding Game Patches and Tournaments to be on the first page, and more importantly, have the Wiki updated.

A wiki is basically the first thing anyone searches if they want information about anything, so having a good wiki is very important to give the new players the basic information they need. As they absorb it, they'll want more in-depth information, and that's where the Character Sub-Forums get in. Having in-depth information about playstyles, combos and strategies lead the new players to learning how to play the game correctly and getting involved in the community.

As they progress, they'll want more information on match-ups and finding other players online to test their skills and eventually joining tournaments.

Therefore, as a community, I believe we should go back to the basics. Let's update our main page. Let's update our wiki. Let's post links and videos with useful information and get some discussion going.

Let's remind people that Dustloop is certainly not dead, We have current games to discuss, this isn't like back when all we had was GGXX and endless revisions and updates. We have good games, let's talk about them and play.

(Spoiler: Long post above. :v:)

Discord and the rest of social media affecting the community is a good topic, and should get its own thread if you want to talk about it.

But it's not for this thread. So get back on topic about BlazBlue gameplay and news, my dudes.

Enough of this "back to gameplay" crap. This particular thread is used for general BB talk because there are no other places to talk on this forum at all. Discord has nothing to do with this forum's demise (it's the aftermath, not the reason), successful attempts of admins/super mods to kill an entire forum communication just to transform it into useless info dump is the cause. What's the point of dumping info there if it does not serve the community? People use twitter and discord because they don't have to deal with endless opression and restrictions like here. There is a big "dustloop revamp community" thread with many suggestions which were completely ignored. And what did we get? Horrible forum update which made this forum unusable for roughly one week, screwed all links and provided countless bugs to enjoy for many months. No one updates the articles section (people now look for news on pro-capcom sites like eventscrubs or shoryuken, seriously), 120 moderators where 98% of them are innactive, once active threads are dead - it's glaring incompetence/indifference of the administration. This forum needs a dedicated team of people to lead it, not the ones who do nothing and blame everything on discord (they were the one who told people to chat on twitter/facebook instead of this forum before discord even existed). Unfortunately, the damage seems to be unrepairable at this time.

I'm finished, let's continue to enjoy the delusion of "gameplay discussion" in this thread.

On 01/12/2016 at 6:32 PM, mAc Chaos said:

Discord and the rest of social media affecting the community is a good topic, and should get its own thread if you want to talk about it.

But it's not for this thread. So get back on topic about BlazBlue gameplay and news, my dudes.

Alright, fair enough. Where is the proper section on the forum to start a thread like that? Also, how does one update the main page, or only certain members can post articles? There is still no information about Revelator's Steam release on it.

Also, to keep the post on-topic, are there any news about DLC or a Steam release for BBCF? Just making sure I don't miss anything.

As far as news goes; I'm fairly sure it's because none of the admins really update that sort of thing.  I think Shoryuken has guys paid to do news stories.  Sadly, that's never going to happen with an Arc Sys forum.

Perhaps we should try gamifying updating things like the Wiki or the news articles?  We could keep score, have community votes, etc to encourage people to post stuff.  Of course, that sounds like a lot of work and the mods here aren't paid.