kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

On 12/3/2016 at 7:51 AM, Calamitus said:

Enough of this "back to gameplay" crap. This particular thread is used for general BB talk because there are no other places to talk on this forum at all. Discord has nothing to do with this forum's demise (it's the aftermath, not the reason), successful attempts of admins/super mods to kill an entire forum communication just to transform it into useless info dump is the cause. What's the point of dumping info there if it does not serve the community? People use twitter and discord because they don't have to deal with endless opression and restrictions like here. There is a big "dustloop revamp community" thread with many suggestions which were completely ignored. And what did we get? Horrible forum update which made this forum unusable for roughly one week, screwed all links and provided countless bugs to enjoy for many months. No one updates the articles section (people now look for news on pro-capcom sites like eventscrubs or shoryuken, seriously), 120 moderators where 98% of them are innactive, once active threads are dead - it's glaring incompetence/indifference of the administration. This forum needs a dedicated team of people to lead it, not the ones who do nothing and blame everything on discord (they were the one who told people to chat on twitter/facebook instead of this forum before discord even existed). Unfortunately, the damage seems to be unrepairable at this time.

I'm finished, let's continue to enjoy the delusion of "gameplay discussion" in this thread.

What the actual Hell is this victimized horseshit?  This particular thread has never, EVER been allowed for a general BB talk.  Anytime anybody tried to use it for one it got shut down.  You think that'd be enough of a wake-up call not to keep doing it but evidently unless somebody says it outright you can't get the picture that a news discussion thread should only be for--*gasp*--news discussion!!  Though then you go and pull this crap so the mods can't friggin win.

You want a general BB talk thread, make one yourself.  Don't hijack another thread for bullshit like this; this happens enough with the Jubei drama.  We don't need your "YOU guys killed the forum, not Discord!!" crap bogging it down.  And yeah, maybe the staff could've done a better job listening to suggestions, keeping the site updated, and actively working on keeping this place alive alongside Discord instead of just going 'ehh fuck it' but pretending they went out of their way to kill the forum to make way for Discord is stupid.  Honestly not a lot of people even use it--Discord's far more overhyped than you'd believe.

I hate the current state of DL just as much as the next guy, but holy shit, don't derail this thread and get pissed off when the mods actually do something about it.  Go make a general thread if you really need one, or actually make a separate topic to call the staff on not caring about the site.  But derailing another thread with whiny, pseudo-martyring crap like that not only nullifies any points you makes, but just pisses off the staff further, too.  If you're not going to do anything productive, go back to whining about the voice cast or translations of whatever it is you like to complain about these days.

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 3:38 PM, Volt said:

Alright, fair enough. Where is the proper section on the forum to start a thread like that? Also, how does one update the main page, or only certain members can post articles? There is still no information about Revelator's Steam release on it.

Also, to keep the post on-topic, are there any news about DLC or a Steam release for BBCF? Just making sure I don't miss anything.

If you want to talk about Dustloop in general, the Site Feedback subforum would be a good place. If you want it to be BB related, then just the general subforum here.

Only certain members can post articles, but they are often inactive. We did try to "crowdsource" the news for a while by having people submit information, since hunting around all day for stuff to post is like a job, but after a few days people's contributions dried up. So that was that. Maybe I'll take over it one day, but then I don't want to end up having to run every single thing.

But anyway, let's keep talking about BlazBlue. You could always talk about the new characters.

30 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Speaking of new characters, when will Mori announce the next DLC? Without news, Blazblue seems with really low hype.

Exactly what i'm worried about. We've heard nothing about DLC characters beyond Mai except for the fact that they're planning some, and they missed several big chances to show them off, or at least do a teaser of some form. It's just been radio silence. No Unlimited Mars either.

The console characters are only just now getting added to the arcade version. Given the time ASW takes between updates like that, even without balance changes, it's not all that likely there'll any more big news until next year.

I don't wanna say that this lack of hype was partially due to NO DUB....

.....but yeah. Hell, even people have taken to discussing other fighting game's stories.

You hear that?

People are talking about the STORY in STREET FIGHTER FIVE over BLAZBLUE.

I know it just came out and we want to see it thrive; but this game is borderline DOA, and the community going thisisfinedog.jpg is not going to change that. You can't make a game for only a few hundred dedicated players; you have to appeal to everyone as much as possible. I'd be surprised if this even makes it to EVO, with all the renewed interest in other fighters and new ones coming this year.

They released it at the worst possible time (AAA-game November) with no dub and at full price. I don't think you have to be an economist to tell this is a bad combination.

I hope instead of an Extend version, they go the route that other fighters have been going lately (even Super Turbo Tournament Edition Street Fighter) and introduce a Season 2. New maps, new characters, extra story segments. Forcing a whole new purchase through an Extend will only fragment the already thin community further. 

1 minute ago, MaximusMurkimus said:

I know it just came out and we want to see it thrive; but this game is borderline DOA, and the community going thisisfinedog.jpg is not going to change that. You can't make a game for only a few hundred dedicated players; you have to appeal to everyone as much as possible. I'd be surprised if this even makes it to EVO, with all the renewed interest in other fighters and new ones coming this year.

They released it at the worst possible time (AAA-game November) with no dub and at full price. I don't think you have to be an economist to tell this is a bad combination.

I hope instead of an Extend version, they go the route that other fighters have been going lately (even Super Turbo Tournament Edition Street Fighter) and introduce a Season 2. New maps, new characters, extra story segments. Forcing a whole new purchase through an Extend will only fragment the already thin community further. 

You want the fragmentation to happen, right?

Truth is, until the new DLC chars get announced. We don't have news to discuss, only wild speculation about who's getting in and what they'll do.

We do need a general thread.

1 hour ago, Volt said:

Truth is, until the new DLC chars get announced. We don't have news to discuss, only wild speculation about who's getting in and what they'll do.

We do need a general thread.

It's kind of weird if you think about it: There's already a News-only thread.

22 hours ago, TekkamanArk said:

Exactly what i'm worried about. We've heard nothing about DLC characters beyond Mai except for the fact that they're planning some, and they missed several big chances to show them off, or at least do a teaser of some form. It's just been radio silence. No Unlimited Mars either.

There's a new BB Radio thing in a week iirc

We'd probably get an announcement there, the first new DLC character would probably have to be announced this month hopefully

Wonder if it'd actually be Jubei. Is there anywhere to discuss what kind of playstyles the potential DLC characters could have? The news thread doesn't feel like the best place for that.

21 hours ago, jeffery the skeleton said:

the first new DLC character would probably have to be announced this month

Correction: Second character. The first one was Mai

2 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

Correction: Third character. The first one was Es

Fair point, some times I forgot she was pre-order/free when the game launched.

BTW, I heard Blazblue Radio will be next week, right? I hope they bring news... BIG news

32 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Correction: Second character. The first one was Mai

30 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

Correction: Third character. The first one was Es

You're not wrong, but I was talking about true post-launch content and not stuff that was announced and (mostly) ready pre-release.

Anyways, I'm pretty excited for the new radio show episode. Have they done reveals/teases there before?

5 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

What time and day would it be? Maybe i'll tune in, if i'm not working. I do understand some amount of Japanese.

Not sure about the time but it's on the 15th.

This is around when they'd announce a new character, so I'm hopeful. Catdad made me wait long enough.

9 minutes ago, jeffery the skeleton said:

Not sure about the time but it's on the 15th.

This is around when they'd announce a new character, so I'm hopeful. Catdad made me wait long enough.

Lucky me, that's my late work day, so I can definitely tune in if it's on the 15th in Japan time.

Hoping it's catdad too, but i'm curbing expectation.

2 hours ago, jeffery the skeleton said:

You know anywhere to watch these live?

22 hours ago, TekkamanArk said:

Lucky me, that's my late work day, so I can definitely tune in if it's on the 15th in Japan time.

Hoping it's catdad too, but i'm curbing expectation.

It's not a live broadcast, it's prerecorded. You can find every episode here and on the official NicoNico channel: http://www.blazblue.jp/buluraji/