kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

5 minutes ago, orochi_kyo said:

Wonder why people keep asking for character that will be bringing more balance troubles than good. Guess I have to get used that some of the BB player base only wants new stuff every 3 months instead of a balanced game.

Not worried about balance too much as long as it's fun.

2 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

Not worried about balance too much as long as it's fun.

Good for you but there are people who want to play at a competitive level and adding a character that broke your combos isnt doing any good to the competitive scene of the game.

39 minutes ago, orochi_kyo said:

Wonder why people keep asking for character that will be bringing more balance troubles than good. Guess I have to get used that some of the BB player base only wants new stuff every 3 months instead of a balanced game.

Personally i don't care about him but I'm sure ASW has enough experience to make him a balanced character despite his size.

51 minutes ago, orochi_kyo said:

Good for you but there are people who want to play at a competitive level and adding a character that broke your combos isnt doing any good to the competitive scene of the game.

This character will get me INTO the competitive scene.

11 hours ago, orochi_kyo said:

I don't have any real investment in Jubie(though I do find it odd that he's the only character not included), but I think its frankly insulting to assume the devs are too stupid to be capable of balancing him.

Its up to them to be creative enough to do it right. Characters like Yoda don't automatically prove small characters are impossible.

If they are avoiding it for this reason then fine, but you shouldn't just dismiss the idea because you assume he'd be an unbalanced mess. This mindset reminds me of the people saying things like "Why would you want Mewtwo back in smash anyway? He was shit in melee!".

It shows a lack of creativity to think like this, and I dont think its healthy or helpful.

If they want him in bad enough I'm sure they can manage it without creating the most unfair OP thing on the roster.

13 hours ago, orochi_kyo said:

Standing upright with his swords he would have a hurtbox roughly the same size as Es, if not a bit taller. You're acting like the dude's three feet tall.

All they said is that if they were going to implement him, they'd need something to pad out his height like the other short characters in the game.

This topic again? Some things never change. Might as well weigh in then.

1 hour ago, Grigori said:

I don't have any real investment in Jubie(though I do find it odd that he's the only character not included), but I think its frankly insulting to assume the devs are too stupid to be capable of balancing him.

Its up to them to be creative enough to do it right. Characters like Yoda don't automatically prove small characters are impossible.

If they are avoiding it for this reason then fine, but you shouldn't just dismiss the idea because you assume he'd be an unbalanced mess. This mindset reminds me of the people saying things like "Why would you want Mewtwo back in smash anyway? He was shit in melee!".

It shows a lack of creativity to think like this, and I dont think its healthy or helpful.

If they want him in bad enough I'm sure they can manage it without creating the most unfair OP thing on the roster.

First off Jubei isn't the "only" character not included since we don't have Trinity who does way more than Jubei (she was the only one present alongside main characters Ragna, Jin and Noel throughout the ending).

Secondly, the problem isn't just about developer creativity it's about the options that Mori has already refused. Mori has confirmed that the height issue is the main reason we haven't gotten him yet so it is a problem they have not solved. Mori also has said he won't put Jubei in his Dark War armor because he doesn't want to change Jubei's image suddenly. The same thing applies to him wielding Hihirokane after the plot gave that to Jin. Mori wants to keep Jubei with the look and fighting style he already has, which is a style they cannot get to work (at least not yet). I don't think we can say people are calling the developers stupid when the developers themselves have admitted that it is a problem. I'm not saying they will never solve it (look at Celica who can't fight so she was given Minerva) but this is a far more real roadblock than your Mewtwo analogy.

2 minutes ago, jeffery the skeleton said:

Standing upright with his swords he would have a hitbox roughly the same size as Es, if not a bit taller. You're acting like the dude's three feet tall.

No it woudn't. People don't seem to realize just how short Jubei is since story mode sprites upscale the short characters. Fully upright Jubei is only 4'04" while Es is 4'89" and that's before including the hitbox boost her giant question mark hair gives her. Even the sheathed sword sticking out from the top of his head wouldn't make up the difference. And this is just looking at Jubei from neutral position. CF gave him a story sprite for fighting so we know have an idea of what his movement would look like. Notice how he's crouched and holds his swords downwards and that's when he doesn't have it in his mouth. Unless he jumps in every attack he will still be hitting very low.

20 minutes ago, Ogiga99 said:

No it woudn't. People don't seem to realize just how short Jubei is since story mode sprites upscale the short characters. Fully upright Jubei is only 4'04" while Es is 4'89" and that's before including the hitbox boost her giant question mark hair gives her. Even the sheathed sword sticking out from the top of his head wouldn't make up the difference. And this is just looking at Jubei from neutral position. CF gave him a story sprite for fighting so we know have an idea of what his movement would look like. Notice how he's crouched and holds his swords downwards and that's when he doesn't have it in his mouth. Unless he jumps in every attack he will still be hitting very low.

For one, that's not a custom battle sprite for him, that was them being lazy. It's just cut out from the CG where he was defending a downed Nine. He's been shown holding is swords upright with his hands most of the time since CP. The size his swords are drawn tends to vary a lot (it's inconsistent like many things in BlazBlue), but it should be enough to make it to where his hurtbox isn't TOO small. If we're going off of his height from the sprites he already has in the game, his swords are the perfect size.

The fact that they bothered to change his preferred stance to that instead of just holding it in his mouth all the time like the first two games shows that they at least took steps to try and make him work. Who knows if it'll actually play out.

While we're on the subject of Jubei, why does Azrael get excited over his Sekigan in the CSS voice clips? As far as I understand that was just Terumi vision.

1 hour ago, Ogiga99 said:

This topic again? Some things never change. Might as well weigh in then.

First off Jubei isn't the "only" character not included since we don't have Trinity who does way more than Jubei (she was the only one present alongside main characters Ragna, Jin and Noel throughout the ending).

I was referring more to characters with a large presence in the overall story in general that haven't made it playable. I wasn't claiming he was the most important one missing. Jubei is the only one of the six heroes that cant be played in any way, shape, or form. Trinitys solution is basically Platinum, and she herself claims she isn't a fighter and really only helps others fight. So her appearing in spirit only seems fine.

1 hour ago, Ogiga99 said:

Secondly, the problem isn't just about developer creativity it's about the options that Mori has already refused. Mori has confirmed that the height issue is the main reason we haven't gotten him yet so it is a problem they have not solved. Mori also has said he won't put Jubei in his Dark War armor because he doesn't want to change Jubei's image suddenly. The same thing applies to him wielding Hihirokane after the plot gave that to Jin. Mori wants to keep Jubei with the look and fighting style he already has, which is a style they cannot get to work (at least not yet). I don't think we can say people are calling the developers stupid when the developers themselves have admitted that it is a problem. I'm not saying they will never solve it (look at Celica who can't fight so she was given Minerva) but this is a far more real roadblock than your Mewtwo analogy.

I understand they have already pointed to these things as being issues themselves and that's fine. I was more trying to make the point that assuming from the get go that its impossible without being broken is just lazy. If he's added its because they found a creative way to make it work, and assuming it cant be done just shows a lack of creativity. I mentioned Mewtwo only because people were shortsighted enough to assume that just because something didn't work previously it cant be tweaked to work later. Which isn't terribly different from the comparison of Yoda to a potential Jubie.

I for one don't mind Jubei being an offline-only playable character, since what Ogiga's saying is reasonable. I don't play online so what the hell, aren't developers supposed to find a way to cater to both online competitors and casual/offline players? But one thing that might work for Jubei's hitbox situation is him having a fighting stance similar to Jam from Guilty Gear or Tung Fu Rue from King of Fighters/Fatal Fury.

3 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

Why would Jubei need to be the only character unplayable online? No, that's not acceptable.

I don't agree with it either, but what I'm saying is that if that what it takes for him to be playable, so be it. Nobody wants to deal with another Yoda.

4 minutes ago, GF9Returns said:

I don't agree with it either, but what I'm saying is that if that what it takes for him to be playable, so be it. Nobody wants to deal with another Yoda.

He's nowhere near as bad as Yoda would be, though? He's short but not THAT short.

28 minutes ago, GF9Returns said:

Yoda was a problem because Soul Calibur specifically have attacks for vertical strikes and specifically has attacks for horizontal strikes, and Yoda invalidated many horizontal strikes. As this game has no such distinction and most attacks hit around the middle of the body or below, there'd be no such problem. I also cannot imagine that he'd be unable to be grabbed, unlike Yoda who could not truly be grabbed. Look at Watson from Battle Fantasia as an example for this, as he was just as able to be grabbed as any other opponent yet small.

Getting away from the Jubei topic, does anyone recognize any of the reference colors (palette 13)? I know Es, Izayoi, Tao and Bullet are Ruby, Weiss, Blake and Yang from RWBY, Hibiki is Levi from Attack on Titan (as if the inspiration wasn't obvious enough already), Izanami is C.C. from Code Geass and Nu might be Eva Unit 02 from Evangelion. If tvtropes is correct, Tager, Arakune and Kokonoe are Finn, Jake and Princess Bubblegum from Adventure Time, Hazama is Matsuno from Osomatsu-san, Amane is Kuja from Final Fantasy 9, Kagura is Maes Hughes from Fullmetal Alchemist and Nine is Kneesocks from Panty and Stocking. So can anyone figure out any of the others?

2 minutes ago, Ogiga99 said:

Getting away from the Jubei topic, does anyone recognize any of the reference colors (palette 13)? I know Es, Izayoi, Tao and Bullet are Ruby, Weiss, Blake and Yang from RWBY, Hibiki is Levi from Attack on Titan (as if the inspiration wasn't obvious enough already), Izanami is C.C. from Code Geass and Nu might be Eva Unit 02 from Evangelion. If tvtropes is correct, Tager, Arakune and Kokonoe are Finn, Jake and Princess Bubblegum from Adventure Time, Hazama is Matsuno from Osomatsi-san, Amane is Kuja from Final Fantasy 9, Kagura is Maes Hughes from Fullmetal Alchemist and Nine is Kneesocks from Panty and Stocking. So can anyone figure out any of the others?

2 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

Thanks! I thought Litchi might be Aqua and Tsubaki might be Nobunaga but I wasn't positive. Now the question is how I can actually find the names of those characters and their shows.

4 hours ago, TekkamanArk said:

(Also, I want that second-to-last color)

You and me both. I like that color 3rd row 2nd from the left as well. Looks like a different version of Hakumen's color. Wouldnt mind seeing that added either.

Also the Dengeki colors. Really want those too.

We have Braver's Revel 2017 two months later, I assume they still can announce CF digital DLC upgrade and standalone release for Switch during it (that's how I lie to myself).

Turns out that I took a three week vacation from here and we still hit the Jubei topic. I'm proud of you guys.

Switch getting a Blazblue (Please, be Central Fiction) is pretty good. Except when you remember that the Switch may get it before Steam.

In other F*** PC news from ArcSys, Revelator out for PC! *3 Weeks later* "We're proud to announce Rev 2!"

Good thing they're actually making it DLC, so I'll be able to get this in the Steam Winter Sale in four years.

But seriously, couldn't they at least have said it's a fighting game? Are we really getting Eat Beat Dead Spike-san for Switch or is Mori trolling us with CF Extend for Switch?