kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

3 hours ago, Volt said:

Turns out that I took a three week vacation from here and we still hit the Jubei topic. I'm proud of you guys.

Switch getting a Blazblue (Please, be Central Fiction) is pretty good. Except when you remember that the Switch may get it before Steam.

In other F*** PC news from ArcSys, Revelator out for PC! *3 Weeks later* "We're proud to announce Rev 2!"

Good thing they're actually making it DLC, so I'll be able to get this in the Steam Winter Sale in four years.

But seriously, couldn't they at least have said it's a fighting game? Are we really getting Eat Beat Dead Spike-san for Switch or is Mori trolling us with CF Extend for Switch?

Volt, Volt, we are talking about ArcSys, if they announce a PC version or Extend, some time later they announce the new version.

Take SIGN for PC, CF announce after 3 weeks of CPEX and Revelator for PC as examples.

I already have a Switch preordered (No More Heroes 3 is a damn system seller indeed) but if there is a version of Extend then I'm also game too.

....that is, if it comes with a dub. They would be absolutely mad to think I'm buying it again any other way.

I already have a Switch preordered (No More Heroes 3 is a damn system seller indeed) but if there is a version of Extend then I'm also game too.

....that is, if it comes with a dub. They would be absolutely mad to think I'm buying it again any other way.

4 hours ago, Volt said:

But seriously, couldn't they at least have said it's a fighting game? Are we really getting Eat Beat Dead Spike-san for Switch or is Mori trolling us with CF Extend for Switch?

Even if Mori goes back on his no Extend statement, it is far too early for that announcement. The console version has only been out in Japan for three months.

3 hours ago, MaximusMurkimus said:

Same here, got one too, though my sellers were Fire Emblem Warriors and SMT 5.

3 hours ago, BB2012 said:

I'm shocked that it's a locked in for the main games while UMVC3 isn't. 

Well, it has a chance. I'd rather see Skullgirls though, not to mention Infinite's in next year.

In other, more important news, we main stage on Sunday! (This kinda sucks for me though, might miss it depending on schedule. At least I'll be able to watch Rev 2 though.)

Who's ready for Terumi's Dog Kicking Loops on ESPN!?

1 hour ago, TekkamanArk said:

And, with that, I guess the chance of DLC characters in the future is officially over.

Dude chill Mori did state the promise future updates like rev 2. You need to be more patient 

12 hours ago, TekkamanArk said:

And, with that, I guess the chance of DLC characters in the future is officially over.

I'm confused. What about this makes it so that there won't ever be a future update?

12 hours ago, TekkamanArk said:

I'm confused. What about this makes it so that there won't ever be a future update?

6 minutes ago, Ogiga99 said:

They'd release that update on Steam if it was happening. And it'd have a new name.

2 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

They'd release that update on Steam if it was happening. And it'd have a new name.

What? Steam releases always come last, so any updates would be console first and therefore Steam wouldn't say anything about it. This is just Steam getting it's late version of the current Central Fiction. It does not mean anything about if new content will be added. Also, why would it have a new name?

3 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

Every ASW update gets a new name. Look at Rev 2 for an example

Ok but why should we expect the Steam version of the current console release to have that? If they want to release new content say next year or so we'll get a name then. Steam is just a port.

2 minutes ago, Ogiga99 said:

Ok but why should we expect the Steam version of the current console release to have that? If they want to release new content say next year or so we'll get a name then. Steam is just a port.

Steam's only ever not ported the newest version in the case of Rev 2. Otherwise, they get the Extends or etc, the latest. Since it doesn't say CF Extend or something, it's just CF, meaning no update is coming.

1 minute ago, TekkamanArk said:

Steam's only ever not ported the newest version in the case of Rev 2. Otherwise, they get the Extends or etc, the latest. Since it doesn't say CF Extend or something, it's just CF, meaning no update is coming.

But doesn't the one exception being the newest game imply that the status quo is changing? If they got Revelator on Steam before Rev 2, why can't we still get CF 2 or whatever?

If CF Extend were coming to Steam, what you said about no new updates would be more likely.

As things currently stand, given how Rev 2 is going to be DLC for all platforms, and the fact that Steam is getting CF and not a CF Extend, I think it's too early to jump to conclusions.

I really doubt it Vulcan, I srsly doubt that'll happen, lol.

Speaking of dubs however...(turns attention to the "Guilty Room")

A bit late to this, but Steam can get DLC's too.

Speaking of which, might be the first time too. (Unless CT had it, can't be bothered to check) We always got Extend (Years late) so it wasn't an issue. Considering how Revelator went, (I'm so glad I didn't buy it this time.) I don't like my chances.

11 hours ago, Volt said:

A bit late to this, but Steam can get DLC's too.

Speaking of which, might be the first time too. (Unless CT had it, can't be bothered to check) We always got Extend (Years late) so it wasn't an issue. Considering how Revelator went, (I'm so glad I didn't buy it this time.) I don't like my chances.

Well, technically CT is a complete version on Steam with everyone's Unlimited forms and all 24 colors. CS: Extend had everything included too, but the JP voice pack is a separate DLC for some reason. CP: Extended though, is the same, everything included, but some DLC's from the console version aren't included in the steam version. (Note: Its optional my room stuff and the magazine colors, also, possibly Mai and Kajun's system voices.)

So yeah, chances are that CF is now going that route on steam, if it does release.