kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

1 minute ago, TekkamanArk said:

Kajun has a story presence, but not a lot as she's often in a supporting role, and I don't believe we've ever even seen her fight.

She helps fight Fuzzy in Variable Heart alongside Mai, Bell, Tar.o, Shiori, and Ragna. She uses chemicals to fight.

Now with Steam Release at bay I can sleep better, thinking that the announce after EVO isn't the PC release. Now I only need to wait more 3 months to hype out what they will announce (IF it is CF related, of course)

Just now, VermilionBird said:

She helps fight Fuzzy in Variable Heart alongside Mai, Bell, Tar.o, Shiori, and Ragna. She uses chemicals to fight.

Plus she has her DLC announcer voice set. I predict that she and Mr Feline are the last two DLC characters on the bottom slot (one under Tager and one under Amane), and that's it.

And speaking of unlimited characters, what happened? Anyone know why they're not in this one? Those were one of the best parts of Blazblue. I was even disappointed that some weren't even available to fight against in Story mode (Unlimited Ragna vs Unlimited Susanoo would've made more sense).

5 minutes ago, GF9Returns said:

Plus she has her DLC announcer voice set. I predict that she and Mr Feline are the last two DLC characters on the bottom slot (one under Tager and one under Amane), and that's it.

And speaking of unlimited characters, what happened? Anyone know why they're not in this one? Those were one of the best parts of Blazblue. I was even disappointed that some weren't even available to fight against in Story mode (Unlimited Ragna vs Unlimited Susanoo would've made more sense).

As long as both got in, i'd be fine with her making it.

Not sure what happened with Unlimiteds. I kind of only care just to see what Unlimited Susanoo would be like though.

Just a friendly reminder that this is the news and gameplay discussion thread. It's not to be used to speculate over which characters will get added or not.

4 hours ago, Steve-Fiction said:

I missed this. Keep it up guys.

Anyway, I can't be the only one that thinks Trinity needs to be playable.

I know you're antagonizing me, but it's working. Fuck you.

21 hours ago, TekkamanArk said:

As long as both got in, i'd be fine with her making it.

Not sure what happened with Unlimiteds. I kind of only care just to see what Unlimited Susanoo would be like though.

Susanoo is kinda predictable: All seals unlocked and (maybe) buffed up, like Nine Unlimited spells.

What I wonder is how it will be Mai Unlimited, despite disliking her, and Hibiki Unlimited

On 21.4.2017 at 7:48 PM, mAc Chaos said:

Flaming other users is against the users. You get an infraction.

I don't really think this is needed, it doesn't help to be strict like this right now - I believe it'd be best to just let us run rampage to get some more activity going. If it works, you can start being a good mod again.

I'm not 100% sure that's the right course of action, but it would be a start.

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 1:48 PM, mAc Chaos said:

Flaming other users is against the users. You get an infraction.

STILL regulating on a dead forum...

At least it's SOME activity. Good gracious.

Kajun, Linhua, Jubei, Trinity, Torakaka, etc. The more characters, the more variety. BRING them. This game though needed a balance patch like yesterday. I can't believe it's going to be played in this condition at the biggest tournament of the year. Every other game is getting patched before Evo. July would be "too little, too late".

July: Announcements at Evo. "Why should we care? We just got finished watching the most boring Blazblue tournament ever (25% of the cast is tournament-viable). Not just at any tournament, but Evolution, where the entire FGC/ potential new players saw how unbalance/unfun the game is.

If you didn't care to make your product the best it could be beforehand, why should we care to support it later? The priorities are backwards. I predict Street Fighter V-level hate coming to Blazblue this Summer.

4 hours ago, solidscheme said:

STILL regulating on a dead forum...

At least it's SOME activity. Good gracious.

Kajun, Linhua, Jubei, Trinity, Torakaka, etc. The more characters, the more variety. BRING them. This game though needed a balance patch like yesterday. I can't believe it's going to be played in this condition at the biggest tournament of the year. Every other game is getting patched before Evo. July would be "too little, too late".

July: Announcements at Evo. "Why should we care? We just got finished watching the most boring Blazblue tournament ever (25% of the cast is tournament-viable). Not just at any tournament, but Evolution, where the entire FGC/ potential new players saw how unbalance/unfun the game is.

If you didn't care to make your product the best it could be beforehand, why should we care to support it later? The priorities are backwards. I predict Street Fighter V-level hate coming to Blazblue this Summer.

BBCF is actually fun though.

On 4/23/2017 at 1:02 PM, Steve-Fiction said:

I don't really think this is needed, it doesn't help to be strict like this right now - I believe it'd be best to just let us run rampage to get some more activity going. If it works, you can start being a good mod again.

I'm not 100% sure that's the right course of action, but it would be a start.

What? No. Have some dignity about yourself. And that's not going to work.

33 minutes ago, TD said:

What? No. Have some dignity about yourself.

I'll take someone jokingly typing "Fuck you" over someone questioning my dignity.

Like I said, I have no idea if it's the right course of action, but right now, why be picky over what type of activity we have here? It's not like it's going to flood the boards.

About the BlazBlue balancing issue... I agree, they kind of left us waiting for an update a little too long. Balancing issues are well known and some measures should've been taken a while ago. I don't think BlazBlue is doomed because of it or anything, but compare BlazBlue to like KOF and it seems a little neglected.

8 hours ago, solidscheme said:

This game though needed a balance patch like yesterday. I can't believe it's going to be played in this condition at the biggest tournament of the year. Every other game is getting patched before Evo. July would be "too little, too late".

giphy.gif

At least I'm not the only one who thinks that

Many people say that is bullshit because it is sabotaging the game before EVO. Hell, I say this patch is MANDATORY since it will (probably) nerf Arakune, Izanami, EZayoi and Nine, while it can buff Kagura, Bullet, Noel and Susanoo. How long do you think CF will last in the FGC if it still broken as duck? Nothing!

I was hoping that it would have a single patch after release that isn't Mai's inclusion nor online fixes before EVO, but since Mori will announce something after EVO, this possibility is almost to non-existent. So what will us see? Izayoi, Nine, Arakune and Izanami. Perfect...

Why would you think that though? SF5 has basically nothing to do, is boring, and has bad netcode. BBCF is fun, has plenty of single player content, the game is fun despite being unbalanced, and has good netcode.

Hell, most fighting games wish they had 25% of characters viable for tournaments, and BBCF's roster is quite large.

I'm not going to pretend it has no flaws, but comparing it to SF5 is ridiculous. SF5 got hate for lack of single player content, having to unlock colors solely from survival mode, terrible netcode that made most games impossible to play, and just being exceedingly dull. BBCF has none of those problems. Some people are also upset at SF5 for the omission of classic characters. BBCF also does not have this problem.

21 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

Why would you think that though? SF5 has basically nothing to do, is boring, and has bad netcode. BBCF is fun, has plenty of single player content, the game is fun despite being unbalanced, and has good netcode.

Hell, most fighting games wish they had 25% of characters viable for tournaments, and BBCF's roster is quite large.

I'm not going to pretend it has no flaws, but comparing it to SF5 is ridiculous. SF5 got hate for lack of single player content, having to unlock colors solely from survival mode, terrible netcode that made most games impossible to play, and just being exceedingly dull. BBCF has none of those problems. Some people are also upset at SF5 for the omission of classic characters. BBCF also does not have this problem.

First things first, SFV is the biggest game around in the community, just accept. If it is boring of not, it is another story. BBCF indeed is fun and have single player content, but someday you want to go online to test your skills, unless you are a casual, which isn't a problem to me, but saying the game is fun despite of the unbalance? Do you play with any broken chars to say that? Like Izanami, Nine, Arakune or Izayoi? I admit, I play Nine, I have fun, but that Kunzite is hella broken.

True that having quite a large roster and having a high percentage of character viable for tournaments are interesting, but how many of these do you see? True, you mostly see around 8-9 chars, which are, indeed, 25%, but who said GG doesn't have this variety even having a smaller roster? many other games I don't know about chars, but we also have Smash (Yeah, yeah, I know), and around 55 characters, very few aren't viable, actually.

Another thing, AFAIK, SFV got hate mostly because of the brutal change in the gameplay and I don't think it is lacking that much of single player content (I guess they've already added vs CPU), since they constantly update for challenges to people get more money (even though you have to squeeze every drop, which is ridiculous and I agree with you). Also, just to add, my opinion about mostly of the characters not being added in SFV is similar of why didn't GGXrd already started with every character from GGXX, and almost every character got a "reboot" about how you plays it, Blazblue they just Buff some things and nerf others, adding some animations in the proccess for new attacks, adding new routes, while excluding others

I am just showing these arguments to you, not rubbing it, I am open to rebuttals and all

PS: Sorry if I sound rude, it is because I've always got hype for a new patch in BBCF and hearing that it will only be after EVO is just... dope, really dope since I think the game is currently unbalanced and is unfun to play online sometimes

2 hours ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

First things first, SFV is the biggest game around in the community, just accept. If it is boring of not, it is another story. BBCF indeed is fun and have single player content, but someday you want to go online to test your skills, unless you are a casual, which isn't a problem to me, but saying the game is fun despite of the unbalance? Do you play with any broken chars to say that? Like Izanami, Nine, Arakune or Izayoi? I admit, I play Nine, I have fun, but that Kunzite is hella broken.

True that having quite a large roster and having a high percentage of character viable for tournaments are interesting, but how many of these do you see? True, you mostly see around 8-9 chars, which are, indeed, 25%, but who said GG doesn't have this variety even having a smaller roster? many other games I don't know about chars, but we also have Smash (Yeah, yeah, I know), and around 55 characters, very few aren't viable, actually.

Another thing, AFAIK, SFV got hate mostly because of the brutal change in the gameplay and I don't think it is lacking that much of single player content (I guess they've already added vs CPU), since they constantly update for challenges to people get more money (even though you have to squeeze every drop, which is ridiculous and I agree with you). Also, just to add, my opinion about mostly of the characters not being added in SFV is similar of why didn't GGXrd already started with every character from GGXX, and almost every character got a "reboot" about how you plays it, Blazblue they just Buff some things and nerf others, adding some animations in the proccess for new attacks, adding new routes, while excluding others

I am just showing these arguments to you, not rubbing it, I am open to rebuttals and all

PS: Sorry if I sound rude, it is because I've always got hype for a new patch in BBCF and hearing that it will only be after EVO is just... dope, really dope since I think the game is currently unbalanced and is unfun to play online sometimes

Going to sleep, not feeling well, but going to chime in here a little.

I play Susanoo as my main, and Hibiki as a second. I don't recall Susanoo being considered good, and Hibiki's fine I guess? But the main take away is, fun =/= balance. Not saying just being balls out broken is the best either, but, CVS2 is an amazing fighting game everyone loves, and it's broke as shit. Same with Third Strike. You can be fun and also still have a messy balance.

GG might have this diversity with a smaller roster, just saying that it's unusual with some games, like Marvel for instance.

SF5 got hate for its change in gameplay, but that's also because most people found it boring. But the big rallying cry was that it was lacking arcade mode and other single player modes. All that was really done to remedy this was adding vs CPU, and a smartass response that you could just make your own arcade mode by playing vs CPU on random. Blazblue wasn't trying to reinvent every character, and that's fine too, not every game needs to just massively rework everyone every time.

I remember few years ago people complained about ASW making balance updates too often. Now they complain that ASW does not make balance updates often enough. :roboky:

Also, balance in CF is not any worse than in other fighting games on EVO. In every place i bother to visit, people always complain about evil top tier characters who ruin their lovely game. The only difference is that they don't care how their game will look in eyes of the others. Deal with your own insecurities already.

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 3:07 AM, Calamitus said:

I remember few years ago people complained about ASW making balance updates too often. Now they complain that ASW does not make balance updates often enough. :roboky:

Also, balance in CF is not any worse than in other fighting games on EVO. In every place i bother to visit, people always complain about evil top tier characters who ruin their lovely game. The only difference is that they don't care how their game will look in eyes of the others. Deal with your own insecurities already.

What in the world does this even mean? Let me guess, you play with the top tier. That's the only explanation for such a statement (my character/s will get nerfed in the process and I don't look as good playing with that character/s afterwards). A more balanced game where more characters are viable in tournament play is a negative ("in the eyes of others.")?

When has CF been patched for balance? This game has been out for over two years (late 2015). There's has been almost no news on this game since the beginning of last December. Show me where there's a patch that wasn't just bug fixes and it's date.

TekkamanArk: Can't even be taken seriously. I've come to see how extremely selfish he is as a player (and he knows it). He only cares about the characters he likes being good/fun. He's posted many times how he actually wants certain characters to be bottom tier...

That's all that needs to be said about him.

If anything, most "tourney" players want their games to be unbalanced so they can maintain control. God forbid we have balance in fighting games. Apparently, people like seeing the same characters/players always win so those people keep racking in those earnings, no one challenges their throne and maintain those easy wins. Take away that advantage and people call foul. Most games on main EVO stage are pretty unbalanced overall (blazblue, marvel, smash bros, etc). If you don't have some dishonest/lockdown gimmick to keep your character ahead, you probably won't get far at all.

Granted, yes anything goes that is in the game and it does come down to skill as well but broken characters pushes the win in that direction. When it comes to playing strictly to win, it's all about playing odds in your favor and nothing more. 

Please note that I'm all for character/game balance to keep the variety healthy and things interesting and not fall into the victim pit of the "meta" play where only select characters will always be used in tournaments which BlazBlue is definitely plagued with. 

Seeing nonsense like Izayoi/Arakune/Nine activating Overdrive to get an immediate advantage (building their gauges) that was designed for them to actually work hard to attain is NOT fun (especially seeing it for many months). On top of that, Active Flow removes the risk of using your Overdrive/Burst early/prematurely. I'm seriously not a fan of being able to cancel out of block-stun from Overdrive. What's the point of instant-blocking, barrier-blocking, reversal specials/normals and Counter Assault? The system is currently very convoluted.

I don't know what's going on with Team Blue, but their game-play design choices are bizarre. The functionality of Noel, Kagura, Bullet, Susanoo, Naoto, Es, Terumi, Taokaka, etc. doesn't make any sense